IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

I think the idea of them having any hospital care comped for instagram publicity is really unlikely. First, they didn't even post the full name of the hospital, there is a whole chain of Advent Health hospitals (the sizable 7th Day Adventist system). Second, I've worked in an acute care hospital for 15 years and generally, financial windfalls like that either occur on the doctor's end, (I've seen MDs pay for plane tickets for far away children, a wedding, hand a family member cash for bills, meds, etc), or as part of a missions project. But providing care for Instagram publicity is also really questionable ethically. It's like asking an artist to make something "for the exposure" and it gets you laughed at in professional circles. Also, it is pretty common to see people naming names of places and people where they got care (good and bad. . .)

About ablations: SVT can occur spontaneously, usually it's defective "wiring" in the heart and if they zap the right places, she could be fixed for good and would not be restricted from pregnancy in the future.  It is fairly common for SVT or also Sick Sinus Syndrome to emerge at her age (mid 20s-30s) and be treated. Ablation burns off the mis-wired pathways. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 12
  • Love 1

On 4/14/2019 at 3:40 PM, VelociRapture said:

Complete speculation here, but she may have some level of recurring trauma stemming from Josie’s emergency birth, her NICU stay, and the loss of Jubilee. I know I still have moments where I have trouble with my daughter’s premature birth and NICU stay and our experience was nowhere near the the type of chaos Michelle and JimBob would have been faced with. I could be completely wrong about that, but a lot of preemie and NICU families struggle with the experience after everything is over and it wouldn’t shock me if I was right given their stance on mental health (pray about it.)

I must have missed the announcement....

CONGRATUTALTIONS!!!!!!!! So very happy for you.?❤️?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I just watched Alyssa's makeup video. I was cracking up when the names of the eyeshadow colors she used came up. Maybe why that's why she didn't narrate aloud!! 

Strip Poker

Cashmere bunny

Sexpresso 

Honey pot

Silk Teddy

Chocolate martini

Edited by kmachete14
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 18
  • I Agree 2

I have a three-in-one stick named "orgasm." ? 

Edited by fluffernutter
grammar
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 8
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

I just watched Alyssa's makeup video. I was cracking up when the names of the eyeshadow colors she used came up. Maybe why that's why she didn't narrate aloud!! 

Strip Poker

Cashmere bunny

Sexpresso 

Honey pot

Silk Teddy

Chocolate martini

Maybe I am BEC or nit picking, cause you know, I don't like fundies. But I kind of find it hypocritical they use these brands that are so opposite of their beliefs. These are very sexual names. 

Eye shadow colours are easliy duped. Pick a brand in your lane.

Maybe chick a filla could make an eyeshadow range

Godly Glow highlighter 

the light of the virgin shimmer stick 

blood of christ red lipstick

(I feel like I am going to spend way to much time now thinking of my new "helpmeet" range of cosmetics to help you attract and keep the man that god (aka daddy) has picked for you. 

I know knock me down with a feather fundies ignoring something they would scream about normally 

its just like the fabletics promotion 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Modesty pink lipgloss

Ark brown eyeshadow

Eve's apple red lipstick

Streets of gold eyeshadow

Love love love

I can forsee Eve's apple red lipstick on the clearance table though. That dam harlot lol

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Oh! So it was the heathen eyeshadow pallette that caused the ablation. Phew, I was still so anxious.

Thanks to those that explained the causes of SVT; it did nothing to cure my anxiety! Seriously, so happy I didn't have to look at medical things.

Did Alyssa seem to put more make-up on one side than the other?

• Upvote 1

On 11 April 2019 at 6:37 PM, anjulibai said:

That must be very scary for them. I hope it doesn't come back. 

I also hope this makes them wait a good long while before having another baby. 3 babies in 3 years can't possibly be good on the heart that's prone to this. 

My Niece has this. It began after baby #2, got worse after baby #3. She had surgery, was told not to have any more children. She promptly had #4 and needed surgery again. Sadly she has had three surgeries now. Her hubby had the snip as another pregnancy would be dangerous for her. 

I hope Alyssa doesn't require any further surgeries. It's a worrying condition. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 3

Or the Lift Up Your Hands nail polish line:

More precious than rubies

Peace offering (olive branch green)

Water to wine grape juice 

Mary Magdalene red (comes with parental advisory)

Joseph's coat (rainbow glitter)

Mustard seed

Sonshine (gold)

Tried in the furnace (silver)

Unblemished (white - for virgins only)

Holy Spirit top coat

• Haha 8
  • Love 6

7 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

Or the Lift Up Your Hands nail polish line:

More precious than rubies

Peace offering (olive branch green)

Water to wine grape juice 

Mary Magdalene red (comes with parental advisory)

Joseph's coat (rainbow glitter)

Mustard seed

Sonshine (gold)

Tried in the furnace (silver)

Unblemished (white - for virgins only)

Holy Spirit top coat

Clever :)

We can start a business 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

There would be a whole Queen Esther spa line! Concubine CC cream, Godly "Obeadience" foot scrub (pun intended), Haman's hot wax and threading set, Ahasuerus's Scepter radiance cream, Vashti's detoxifying masque, Mordecai 's Protection sunscreen.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I wonder if Alyssa wears any Jeffree Star?

Specifically in his eye shadow named biiiiiitch. 

• Haha 6

I do not understand how a fundie (and even a mainstream conservative woman) can buy those make up brands. Why to buy *orgasm gloss* if there are millions of other brands? What if Allie reads the names in the boxes? She's going start reading soon.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Queen Esther’s Twelve-Month Aromatherapy Package, containing oil of myrrh and sweet odors. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I do not understand how a fundie (and even a mainstream conservative woman) can buy those make up brands. Why to buy *orgasm gloss* if there are millions of other brands? What if Allie reads the names in the boxes? She's going start reading soon.

Is she, though?  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

Alyssa is promoting Fabletics again. And Nike!!!

She shows midriff.

8bb3fd24f65d9270b4df246367fa4438.jpg

And!! Back and bra.

da4ac94b469e6a07c76ef60ede739a24.jpg

She’s obviously changing her standards. Well just have to wait and see for other ways she’s making her own way.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, QuiverDance said:

Is she, though?  

Well, she goes to a very conservative church and is using a homeschool curriculum related to fundie families, so despite her fashion items, yes she is.

The other Alyssa (Lori's daugther) is the opposite of *modest* but some of her posts show that her beliefs are quite fundie.

Edited by Melissa1977
Adding info
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Well, she goes to a very conservative church and is using a homeschool curriculum related to fundie families, so despite her fashion items, yes she is.

The other Alyssa (Lori's daugther) is the opposite of *modest* but some of her posts show that her beliefs are quite fundie.

I could be wrong, but I thought @QuiverDance was commenting on the part of your post where you said Allie would start reading soon.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I’m going to be BEC for a minute and say that the first thing I noticed was that her carpet could use a cleaning. Downvote me, tell me she has 3 kids- I know, I know. But my eyes were drawn to the stains 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

I could be wrong, but I thought @QuiverDance was commenting on the part of your post where you said Allie would start reading soon.

This is correct.  I was being snarky about Alyssa's ability to teach Allie to read. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, mstee said:

I’m going to be BEC for a minute and say that the first thing I noticed was that her carpet could use a cleaning. Downvote me, tell me she has 3 kids- I know, I know. But my eyes were drawn to the stains 

Yeah, I was under the impression that she was a clean freak. My house is a disaster, but my carpet doesn’t look that bad.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

That’s a ton of stains. If she rents she may see it as pointless to try and replace it. But they could rent a steam cleaner and clean those carpets. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic