IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

I’m not even a year younger than Alyssa and I live in ripped/distressed jeans...guess I need to revaluate my life and wardrobe lol??  I don’t see anything wrong with either of their outfits (other than Allie possibly tripping in the sandals, heck I’m 23 and I would trip over myself in those) 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• formergothardite

• Melissa1977

• miss_batson

• VelociRapture

I'm not a fan of distressed jeans but I didn't think the outfits were inappropriate.  I thought the matching thing was kind of cute.

5 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I'm not a fan of distressed jeans but I didn't think the outfits were inappropriate.  I thought the matching thing was kind of cute.

Yeah, I won’t lie, I’m pretty thrilled that my daughters love to match both me and each other. Even the one who’s basically an adult lol. 

I don’t see Allie’s shoes as being unsafe. so much as uncomfortable, because I’m a real worrier over kiddo comfort. 

My kids always wear closed toe shoes. Otherwise we would have stubbed toes galore. The few times they even went outside to play with no shoes on they stubbed their toes pretty bad. My children aren’t careful enough so they get ugly crocs or sneakers. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids always wear closed toe shoes. Otherwise we would have stubbed toes galore. The few times they even went outside to play with no shoes on they stubbed their toes pretty bad. My children aren’t careful enough so they get ugly crocs or sneakers. 

True. I will sometimes let mine wear crocs or sandals to church or to something where there isn't a lot of running around. However, I do stick to closed toe sneakers most of the time because little ones do run into things(or each other) or drop things on themselves way more often than I ever thought possible.

26 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

True. I will sometimes let mine wear crocs or sandals to church or to something where there isn't a lot of running around. However, I do stick to closed toe sneakers most of the time because little ones do run into things(or each other) or drop things on themselves way more often than I ever thought possible.

My kids act like drunken frat boys most of the time. They trip over their own two feet, talk much louder than necessary, and decide to take off their pants at the oddest times. 

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My kids act like drunken frat boys most of the time. They trip over their own two feet, talk much louder than necessary, and decide to take off their pants at the oddest times. 

OH MY GOD!!!! YES!! I had two of those...and they're both likely to drop their drawers at the slightest provocation, especially the youngest, he doesn't give a shit on a regular basis. For my 3, 2 feet are too many to keep track of on a regular basis. They're grown but still walking, talking disaster areas. 

I just turned 30 and I have ripped jeans. I love them and I'm not giving them up anytime soon!

6 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Websters Thanksgiving look

Aaand once again, Alyssa fails to disclose a paid partnership on Instagram. FFS, at this point, I really want her to get in trouble for blatantly ignoring the law. Of course, then she would cry "Christian persecution," as if non-Christians weren't held to the exact same standards.

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I'm shocked Alyssa didn't find Zoey a matching outfit. But maybe thats the grey hat? 

I imagine Zoey dressed in a cute grey matching dress and puking her whole breakfast all over the outfit. A hysterical Alyssa grabs a grey hat and whatever clothes that remotely match, while John cleans the mess and tries to comfort her desperate wife. Meanwhile, Allie Jane looks them with a cynical look and thinks about her 18th birthday.

So Alyssa just posted an instagram story with some other undisclosed partnership clothing box. She is almost comically animated as she’s talking (like someone finally told her she needs to change up the monotone voice and she went too far in the other direction). But my favorite part is that she describes a dress as ‘chick.’ 

Poor girl trying to make money as a fashion influencer and can’t pronounce chic. 

I laughed out loud when she said “chick”. It was clear she was reading a script off of her cellphone while filming. That said, she obviously has some style and likes her family to look good- nothing wrong with that. It’s what’s underneath the matching outfits and big smiles that’s a problem. 

5 hours ago, AnnEggBlandHer? said:

So Alyssa just posted an instagram story with some other undisclosed partnership clothing box. She is almost comically animated as she’s talking (like someone finally told her she needs to change up the monotone voice and she went too far in the other direction). But my favorite part is that she describes a dress as ‘chick.’ 

Poor girl trying to make money as a fashion influencer and can’t pronounce chic. 

Is this the one you’re talking about? Because she did disclose it at the very top:

866B1D33-CFF1-4E92-B397-6D9EF07B2B29.thumb.png.0d93aec6ed918714ad46a5eab8ee966e.png

Congrats on finally figuring it the fuck out Biz! It only took you forever and a day! 

Does she have veneers? Her teeth look too perfect.

She's trying so hard to smile and be cheerful that it comes off as really awkward. Girl, your eyes reveal everything. Gotta learn to SMIZE.

5 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Is this the one you’re talking about? Because she did disclose it at the very top:

866B1D33-CFF1-4E92-B397-6D9EF07B2B29.thumb.png.0d93aec6ed918714ad46a5eab8ee966e.png

Congrats on finally figuring it the fuck out Biz! It only took you forever and a day! 

Yes, thanks for pointing it out! I missed the disclosure because it’s only on the first clip, not when she is showing all the clothes. So...loophole? Better than nothing I suppose. 

52 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Oh lord. How has she never heard the word "chic" before?

What has probably happened is that she has heard it but never heard it while also seeing it spelled. 

Chick ?

Well if she reads here, I'm sure she won't make that mistake again. Ok, I'm going to sound weirdly nit-picky, but I was sooo distracted by her disgusting carpet. It just has gross stains everywhere. It's possible they bought the house like that and havn't had the time/money to replace it, but if I was going to be posting my fashion looks as often as she does, I think I would buy a nice looking rug to put down right there, or film in my living room (I think it's wood or laminate floors in there, so it has a cleaner look).

Also, that was a better video from her. The clothes actually looked really nice on her, but I am no size xs ( damn you Alyssa! - I say that jokingly) so not for me.

2 hours ago, Bazinga said:

Chick ?

Well if she reads here, I'm sure she won't make that mistake again. Ok, I'm going to sound weirdly nit-picky, but I was sooo distracted by her disgusting carpet. It just has gross stains everywhere. It's possible they bought the house like that and havn't had the time/money to replace it, but if I was going to be posting my fashion looks as often as she does, I think I would buy a nice looking rug to put down right there, or film in my living room (I think it's wood or laminate floors in there, so it has a cleaner look).

Also, that was a better video from her. The clothes actually looked really nice on her, but I am no size xs ( damn you Alyssa! - I say that jokingly) so not for me.

I’m like 99.9% sure that Alyssa and John rent the house they live in. So any issues with flooring may not really be up to them to fix. 

The Duggars have Christmas trees.  There is a video around showing multiple trees in their house.

24 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Bates didn't do Christmas trees, right? (the Duggars didn't either, if I recall)

I don't think the Bates did when the kids were growing up, but I"m not 100% sure. 

ETA: I couldn't get all the pictures to load, but according to the wayback machine I didn't see any Christmas trees in their old blog posts. They tended to visit the grandparents and do a ton of stuff with IBLP during the Christmas season. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived