• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

Hisey

We all agree that the Bates/Duggars kids are conservative. Nobody's arguing there. No need for a list of evangelical behaviors they engage in, I can make my own!

I thought the question was--how have they rejected their parents values? And they have, in many ways. Some are minor, some not so much.

Those little kids you feel so sorry for (Miriam Anderson, Jennifer Duggar. . .) grow up into adults trying to find their way, with histories of trauma and abuse to deal with. Of course they are not going to reject 100% of what their parents say, but the things they do reject (quite a number of things!) are encouraging! 

I certainly will not snark on Miriam Anderson if she attends a conservative church in 10 years. These things take time. I'm sure she has many fond memories of her crazy mom (Advent calendars, etc) and can't break things off easily, plus there is the brainwashing and abuse to content with.

Edited by Hisey

Depressed
formergothardite
On 2/5/2019 at 4:40 PM, nausicaa said:

Yes, Hisey, we are just catty bullies, unlike yourself, who has shit on the Bateses for-- unfurls the Hisey scroll of BECness-- using box color, repainting their bedrooms, dressing their children in white, studying cosmetology, taking selfies, using the free Publix-provided smash cakes, not having sufficient "happy eyes" in their honeymoon photos, and wearing high heels. 

Some of the recent examples of your magnanimous empathy include

Thought it was the time to quote this since we are getting lectured on calling out adults for the damaging things they do. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

singsingsing

Seriously, @Hisey, are you ever going to respond to this? We're terrible people lacking in empathy because we hold adults responsible for their own beliefs and decisions, yet your constant mind-reading and fan fiction about all kinds of weird, random, petty stuff about them is a-ok? I'd love to hear your justification for that. Because it honestly seems like you kind of just want to write Bates fan fiction and get angry when we dare to intrude with reality.

Bethella
On 2/9/2019 at 8:26 AM, Palimpsest said:

I feel I should know that Tim guy's last name too.  Can anyone place him?

That's Becky Keilen's boyfriend, Tim Forman. 

Unimpressed
Palimpsest
6 hours ago, Bethella said:

That's Becky Keilen's boyfriend, Tim Forman. 

Thanks.  I knew he looked familiar.

HereticHick
On 2/12/2019 at 11:40 AM, formergothardite said:

He was homeschooled, but I can't tell if it was through ATI.  His professional page gives people a whole lecture on getting saved. 

http://www.timformanart.com/good-news.html

I read his URL as "Tim for Man Art"