IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

I work from home. The only reason I get dressed at all is because I feel the teachers at kindy will judge me if I drop Miniway of in my pyjamas. 

Even when I go out in public the most makeup I ever put on is mascara, eyeliner and a little blush. It’s 2 minutes tops. 

Also my only skincare is washing my face with water ... I’m pretty fat though so that fills the wrinkles right in. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, miss_batson said:

Alyssa birthday getaway

And twinning with Allie. Really cute pitcure.

Hide contents

IMG_20181113_093854_078.jpg

Can I be BEC here? That is an outfit for a teenager. It’s not age-appropriate for either Allie or Alyssa. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6
  • Confused 11
  • Bless Your Heart 4
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Can I be BEC here? That is an outfit for a teenager. It’s not age-appropriate for either Allie or Alyssa. 

I'm a bit confused. What isn't age appropriate about it?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'm a bit confused. What isn't age appropriate about it?

Mainly the ripped jeans. Now that I think about it, I don’t like how the rips in the jeans match. It makes it clear that they’re not beloved well-worn jeans. The sandals also don’t look right for a girl Allie’s age. But I’m from Florida and I’ve seen much worse.

• Downvote 4
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • WTF 4

Ok, you don’t like the outfit. That’s a different thing.

If Alyssa were in a different lane, I could see her zooming down age-inappropriate for tots. Like a pageant mom level of inappropriate. I think she will stay clear of that, thank goodness. I don’t like bikinis on little girls and I don’t see her going that far off the rails.

• Upvote 14

47 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Alyssa just turned 24 years old. She's too old for distressed jeans? Damn, my thirtysomething year old ass needs to throw some shit out...

Someone needs to tell my daughter who is Alyssa's age that she needs to toss some jeans out, too.

• Upvote 12

The only wrong item in the outfit are Allie's sandals. She can easily fall down or hurt her feet when playing.

But the jeans? Those are trendy and sooo normal. The blouses are nice and comfortable. The buns are great. Alyssa is 24, but even my skinny 54 year old boss wears ripped jeans and rocks it!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

5 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Damn, my thirtysomething year old ass needs to throw some shit out...

Hahaha right! I could replicate that look in 5 mins without leaving the house and Im closer to 40 then I care to admit! 

Also i find it weirdly satisfying (in a non sexual way!) when these women have their hair up! Wtf is wrong with me LOL 

Edited by HurricaneBells
eta
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I'll have to tell my soon to be 52 YO SisterIL who wears ripped jeans on the time-

I think it's a cute picture.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

That outfit is fine for Alyssa. Distressed jeans do look weird on toddlers though.

Yeah, I’ll agree with this. I think they both look fine, but the shoes and ripped leggings look isn’t something I’m used to on young kids. If she can run and play in that then I don’t have a real issue with it.

I’m also not really a fan of mom and daughter matching outfits (or sibling matching outfits*.) Allie seems happy though and I get the sense she’s the type of kid who would absolutely love to dress like her mom. If she’s happy and healthy that’s really all that matters. 

*This is nothing against other parents who feel differently. It’s 100% just personal taste. The only time I’d ever say anything negative about it is if it was a situation like the Bates or Duggars where all the kids looked like tiny Stepford clones of each other.

• Upvote 13

14 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Alyssa just turned 24 years old. She's too old for distressed jeans? Damn, my thirtysomething year old ass needs to throw some shit out...

My mid-40's ass is right there with ya.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7

There is exactly one family photo of my sisters and I dressed alike (I came a decade after the two) and I feel so sorry for them. :pb_lol: I'm not big on matching outfits either. 

• Upvote 6

I think the outfit is OK but in general I don't like the way Alyssa dresses those kids. It seems like "Can they run and play?" and "Are they comfortable?" are the last things on her mind.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

While I agree the jeans look *a little* silly on a toddler, I wouldn’t think much if it hadn’t been commented on. How is that at all age inappropriate for a fashionable 24 year old?! I loveeee matching my kids ?? they are 3 and 5 year old boys so they don’t reallt care at all what they wear. My husband likes to remind they aren’t twins ? 

• Upvote 9

I hope she lets them evolve their own styles in a  few years. That seems important to her and potentially something that they could share interest in. That would be a lovely evolotuion of the matchiness.

• Upvote 4

Back in the day when my Mom made all of our clothes (in the 60s/70s), we matched all the time.  Gotta admit, I loved looking like her.  

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

Alyssa would save a lot of time if she got a newer mini van. As a mom to littles, I occasionally regret not buting a mini van. It would make things easier with car seats. Mini vans are lower to the ground so the toddlers and older can get in by themselves. Plus you have more room to reach in the back seat to help buckle a car seat. You don’t have to put down a middle seat to do it (which is what I think Alyssa has to do). Plus many newer mini vans have doors that will slide open and closed by themselves. Which helps a lot when your hands are full of babies and their crap. 

DC456A8F-6694-4268-BC66-FDFD314374D1.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
Edited because autocorrect turned mini vans into Dominicans!
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

some of the SUVs will fit 3 across in the middle seat. I know mine will and so will my husband's. My old Caravan fit 3 seats in the middle seat too. 

54 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Hopefully that getaway doesn't result in baby #4

I bet it will. We can expect Webster #4 in late July/early August. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 9

• samurai_sarah locked this topic