IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Their typical performing outfits are bridesmaids dresses from Mitch’s wedding, the double wedding, and Chelsy’s wedding. Those Bons are thrifty AF.

I guess they aren’t generating a huge income flow from performing...so thriftiness isn’t awful.

If it were me doing the styling, I might pick a different vibe. 

• Upvote 1

I've actually considered getting the dress Chelsy's bridesmaids wore. It's cheap and in a ton of colors on Amazon.

• Thank You 2

1 minute ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I've actually considered getting the dress Chelsy's bridesmaids wore. It's cheap and in a ton of colors on Amazon.

I remember her lengthy justification for picking it. I like it too. She was very considered in the choice.

As a church singing bus ensemble..together it all seems a bit formal. Maybe it’s the fellas. Tone them down a notch.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

13 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

I remember her lengthy justification for picking it. I like it too. She was very considered in the choice.

As a church singing bus ensemble..together it all seems a bit formal. Maybe it’s the fellas. Tone them down a notch.

The Rods and the Bons actually have something in common!

• Upvote 3

Do they only visit Mennonite/German communities when they're in Mexico or some regular hispanic churches too? It seems kind of random to drive all the way down there to reach out exclusively to their own people.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Do they only visit Mennonite/German communities when they're in Mexico or some regular hispanic churches too? It seems kind of random to drive all the way down there to reach out exclusively to their own people.

I think they do mostly stick with the mennonites. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

All their past tours do seem to be Mennonite-exclusive. They have relatives there--2nd cousins and such. And Allison has spent some time on some sort of quasi-health care missioncation. [although Mennonites have a rep. for doing actual charity work, so maybe calling it an missioncation is unfair]

I gather that all the Bons speak at least a bit of Spanish--do all the kids speak a bit of German as well, or just Marlin & Becky? [most of the advertising for their Mexican tour appears to be in German, and I just read that most Mennonites in Belize speak the  Plautdietsch dialect as their language]

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4

Now we've had the crossing of the streams, with Jill Rod meeting the Bonts in real life (and doubtless trying to sell her daughters as the perfect additions to the Bont family singers) I'm imagining David Rodrigues on the Bontrager manly man camp a few pages back...

ETA for those who missed it...  I bet Jill is so jealous that the Bonts are going to Belize, but in general the Bonts are exactly what she aspires to be

Edited by Lurky
  • Upvote 12
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

Dear lord that white belt. 

I feel about 90% certain that when Jill's tribe ate breakfast with the Bontragers, Jill and company invited themselves, and  did not pay--either the Bontragers paid, or church friends of the Bontragers.  I hope the Rodrigues kids ate their fill.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Dear lord that white belt. 

I feel about 90% certain that when Jill's tribe ate breakfast with the Bontragers, Jill and company invited themselves, and  did not pay--either the Bontragers paid, or church friends of the Bontragers.  I hope the Rodrigues kids ate their fill.

Did you see Gabriel’s red boots? I think Gabriel is adorable so I love his red boots. Denver looks so casual in that bunch! I bet Jill didn’t approve. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

On 2/15/2019 at 8:35 AM, HereticHick said:

Woah-- epic road trip. The Bontragers & their bus are travelling all the way down Mexico to Belize.  I think its about 4,000 km from Iowa to Belize. Not what I'd  personally want to do with a 8 month old baby.

Confused. Why is the poster in German?

(ETA: never mind. @HereticHick‘s later comment explains it)

Edited by refugee

Young Joshua Bontrager is pontificating about marriage. Again. And reminding us that under their fun, vigorous, Pinteresty-exterior, the Bontragers are dangerous extremists.

https://joshuabontrager.com/2019/02/19/5-secrets-of-successful-guy-girl-relationships/

"Some think marriage will fix all their problems, then wake up realizing they’re still the same person, with the same issues.

Still others turn towards the perverted morality of Romans 1."

I'm no Biblical scholar but I'm guessing this is the part of Romans 1 that he's referring to:

"27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm no Biblical scholar but I'm guessing this is the part of Romans 1 that he's referring to:

"27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet."

Thanks for posting that reference. I read "young Joshua's" * post and I had no idea about what sort of debauchery he was yapping on about.

* I feel that, like the name "poor Sarah" which belongs to Sarah Maxwell, I feel that "young Joshua" should be this one's official moniker.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I unfollowed pompous Josh. I can't even snark read his crap anymore. If he were anywhere in my sphere of people, I'd smack him. Thank Jebus the men in my family and among my friends were not raised with such over inflated egos and complete lack of sense. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Josh is marketing his wife’s business or as he calls it their business. If you join under his wife they will be there with you every step of the way.

https://joshuabontrager.com/2019/02/23/an-incredible-opportunity-for-the-entrepreneurial-christian-family/

The reality of not having a great paying job must be setting in. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

The reality of not having a great paying job must be setting in. 

One of the guys who works under him was able to quit his 50-70 hours a week job. 

• Upvote 1

Oh geez that blog post.

This mother, actually Cassidy’s grandmother, harnessed the power of Young Living essential oils.

Okay, no. Unless she makes essential oils and somehow founded Young Living, she didn't "harness the power of oils." She used them. She sold them. The end.

Cassidy, Wallace, and I have continued the tradition.

Wallace is a baby. He doesn't even understand what the hell an essential oil is, at this point. Ridiculous.

Essential oils are concentrated herb and plant extracts that have been used throughout time by cultures like the Egyptians, Babylonians, and Medieval Europeans

Yes, three civilizations and eras known for their stellar medical care. Babylonians "cured" tooth grinding by making the tooth-grinder sleep with a skull that he was also instructed to kiss and lick the skull seven times each night. Ancient Egyptians treated infertility by putting an onion in a woman's vagina. Medieval Europeans crushed up pearls and gemstones and consumed them to treat diseases. What is your point here, dude?!

God created Adam and Eve as a team with a mission to complete. Together, they were to take dominion and be fruitful and multiply (Genesis 1-2).

What does this have to do with anything?!

Young Living is a not a get-rich-quick scheme.

You're right! No one will get rich off of this scheme.

• Upvote 19
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

Even Joshua’s family members must get tired of him! He thinks he’s fucking brilliant. Even the sweetest fundie sibling would get annoyed with that shit after awhile. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Allison posted a blog update about the things she's "loving lately" on Monday and one sentence really sticks out: her statement that the book she's currently reading, which has the I-kid-you-not title of "Living Holiness: Willing to be the Legs of a Galloping Horse," is "wrecking my view of myself, in the best way."

Given what we can infer about her feelings about being unmarried, a blow to her spiritual self-esteem is the last thing she needs right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

She seems so lost and desperate. Yet there a good chances for her on the fundie marriage market: she is beautiful, drank the koolaid to the last drop, meets a lot of people (unlike the Maxwell sisters for example) and seems to have an excellent work ethic. 

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, ophelia said:

She seems so lost and desperate. Yet there a good chances for her on the fundie marriage market: she is beautiful, drank the koolaid to the last drop, meets a lot of people (unlike the Maxwell sisters for example) and seems to have an excellent work ethic. 

Plus her older sister didn’t get married until she was almost 27 (I believe she and John were only a few weeks away from turning 27 when they married). So she could follow in her sister’s footsteps and still have a couple years left until marriage. They are friends with the Wissmanns and they have a few girls that weren’t married until 30+. She has to know that she has time. But yet the fundie rearing has made her so desperate. These girls get such mixed messages. It must fuck with her head so much. 

• Upvote 7

Josh the all knowing father and husband has a new post about his courtship

https://joshuabontrager.com/2019/02/26/10-things-wed-absolutely-do-again-in-our-relationship/

Including this gem:

"At the beginning, leading Cassidy was uncomfortable, but thankfully, she gladly followed as I learned to direct conversations, decide what we did together, and lead in God’s Word and in prayer. These things prepared me to serve and lead after marriage."

If any suitor tried to "direct a conversation" with me, I would have directed his ass to the door.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

"Decide what we did together"????? Asshat!!!!! How about you decide that TOGETHER???? Oh wait, we are talking Joshua Bontrager here.... I would have kicked his ass a mile wide out the door

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic