IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

HerNameIsBuffy

4 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Prepare to get your snark on because the Staddons are starting a family vlog! I can't pick what I love best: Esther's voice or their acting skills (man, those skits at the FEW Conferences must be a killer!) I think they're my pet fundies.

I’m really wondering if there will be another Staddon male courting soon. I just have a feeling another courtship will start this year. I’m not positive of the girl, but it could be a Wilkes, Waller, or Frazer. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Prepare to get your snark on because the Staddons are starting a family vlog! I can't pick what I love best: Esther's voice or their acting skills (man, those skits at the FEW Conferences must be a killer!) I think they're my pet fundies.

Thanks and oh my goodness!  This vlog is Christmas in January.

I think the Staddons need their very own thread for this snark.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

On 1/19/2019 at 4:37 PM, Triplet3 said:

They said in a blog post comment a while ago that they haven’t been able to fix a wedding date yet, because of having to sort out paperwork relating to them being from different countries. 

Imagine a Maxwell marrying a girl from another country - sorting out paperwork AND finding a wedding date within their tight schedule would be NIGHTMARE!

On 1/20/2019 at 12:58 AM, usedbicycle said:

Damn, they aren't really the most photogenic type of people, but they are one of the few "traditional" ATI families. This will be interesting to watch for sure!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

On 1/20/2019 at 8:31 AM, Sops2 said:

" the Lord has directed us to do things a little bit differently"

Please can we have a thread just for them?

Yes please! The Staddons: Doing things a little bit differently

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Yes please! The Staddons: Doing things a little bit differently

Your wish is my command. :)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

It looks like the Wissmanns, Bowerses, and Bontragers are all in the same place. They are at some sort of seminar about prison ministry in Alabama. 

• Thank You 3

Just playing some fundie matchmaking, but Hannah, Susanna and/or Alaythia Wissmann are possible matches für Charles Bowers. Allison Bontrager and Stephen Wissmann would also be a match. At least agewise.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It looks like the Wissmanns, Bowerses, and Bontragers are all in the same place. They are at some sort of seminar about prison ministry in Alabama. 

Half snarky but kind of a real question ... do some of these belief systems hold that there is some kind of bonus for number of souls “saved?”

when my mom was fundy-lite (ish - she cobbled together her own deal where she could remain non-jidgemental) she’s sometimes talk about people being rewarded for things not on this earth but in heaven.

I kinda picture fundies working for the afterlife like so many souls will get you the McMansion in heaven.  So many more will get you the pool, and if you convert x number of indigenous people by convincing them to forgo their own beliefs you get the sweet location on the cup de sac.

convertig Catholics gets them coupons for the Chik Fil A just past cloud 9. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

@HerNameIsBuffy, I have seen reward systems being informally preached at fundie churches over the years. It certainly was a tactic used to guilt and pressure us to "witness to the lost" when we didn't feel like it. "Think of all the souls you will see in heaven that you led to Christ" kind of thing. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

@HerNameIsBuffy, I have seen reward systems being informally preached at fundie churches over the years. It certainly was a tactic used to guilt and pressure us to "witness to the lost" when we didn't feel like it. "Think of all the souls you will see in heaven that you led to Christ" kind of thing. 

That would have the opposite effect on me.  I’m ot a fab of most people here - why would I want to fight crowds for all eternity?

• Haha 6

PP loves to brag about how many souls they win on soul winning trips. I always laugh at these claims because they are not only bullshit, but many of the people who have been kicked out by PP were big soul winners. So does he still get to claim all those soul wins after he’s kicked them out? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I almost think Evangelical Christianity  makes it to hard and to easy to become a Christian at the same time. The loading up of rules that become a heavy burden. The emotional induced musically manipulative alter calls. The "on the spot" conversions after being lead in a simplistic prayer. I have heard converting to Judaism is a much more deliberate, drawn out process with interviews that can take months before conversion is complete. I think this is a more thoughtful approach that minimizes emotionally driven conversions. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 1/28/2019 at 8:35 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

That would have the opposite effect on me.  I’m ot a fab of most people here - why would I want to fight crowds for all eternity?

And, really, do you want to spend eternity with all those people who have been saying all your life that you're going to hell? If there is a literal heaven and  hell, they'd have to be the same place, because fundie heaven is my idea of hell.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:46 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

PP loves to brag about how many souls they win on soul winning trips. I always laugh at these claims because they are not only bullshit, but many of the people who have been kicked out by PP were big soul winners. So does he still get to claim all those soul wins after he’s kicked them out? 

Yes, I think it's like any other MLM scam. Any souls won by someone in your downline gives you rewards, too. It's why pastors like PP try to grow their downline as much as they can.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

So Cass has posted another Instagram story poll related to her oils MLM, and Everytime she does this I laugh at how obvious it is that she writes the questions herself as a way to try to suck people into the pyramid scheme.

I mean, come on:

Screenshot_20190203-092915.png

(Mods: I'm pretty sure she's public, please let me know if I need to remove the screenshot if not)

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Have we talked about Ellen Page interviewing the Bontragers a few years back about their beliefs about LGBTQ people? 

I don’t have cable and never watch Viceland or Gaycation so I’ve never seen this show on tv and it looks like it was aired before I joined FJ. Have any of you watched this episode?

If you watch, you’ll see how smily the Bons are about such a serious subject. It’s creepy as fuck. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

I’ll add that of course Mitchell compares gay relationships to pedophilia and beastiality. Because that’s ridiculously common amongst fundies. 

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I've seen some episodes, but not this one. Mitchell's face when talking to her made me feel ill. Of course they use the typical straw man arguments. They were talking down to her the whole time and are so damn smug, ugh.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Allison is hosting some online bullshit essential oils "experience" on Facebook next week: https://www.fromallison.com/the-experience-workshop/ 

I wonder if she is Cassidy's and Carolina's oils downline, or vice versa. I need some charts to detangle the MLMs of fundy ladies.

Oh, and #crunchymomma Carolina is hosting a separate Facebook oil-revival next week too: 

There is no way these 3 ladies have enough different friends groups to justify all selling the same MLM

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

They bring pedophilia and beastiality into their rickety argument because they have nothing else. 

They also have really f*cked up views of sex and human emotion and think all others are as well. Just because they would go from gay love and sex to messing with kids or dogs they think every human would. Never mind it's been proven since the dawn of time to not be true. 

This is why I hate fundies and their beliefs that they need to make the rules for all. 

• Upvote 16

The difference between gay love, or two same sex people having sex, and bestiality or pedifilia being acted on is consent. Like Ellen said it’s rape to act on bestiality and pedifilia tendencies which is true because consent can’t be given. Just like no adult can legally have sex with a minor. If they do it’s rape. I’m surprised they went on the show. I understand them doing it but it occomplished nothing for them, the Bontragers. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

The difference between gay love, or two same sex people having sex, and bestiality or pedifilia being acted on is consent. Like Ellen said it’s rape to act on bestiality and pedifilia tendencies which is true because consent can’t be given. Just like no adult can legally have sex with a minor. If they do it’s rape. I’m surprised they went on the show. I understand them doing it but it occomplished nothing for them, the Bontragers. 

They probably hoped they could somehow convert sweet little Ellen. They probably have no idea how strong and bold she is. 

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Have we talked about Ellen Page interviewing the Bontragers a few years back about their beliefs about LGBTQ people? 

Yikes! This is why I'm not on board with the FJ consensus that they are fun, rule-breaking anti-Maxwells. They're just the same old shit in a more marketable package. Some of the worst of my home state. 

In that clip it's clear that they have no intention of actually listening to anything Page has to say. They're just happy for the chance to repeat the stupidest and tiredest of anti-gay slogans. And they don't even manage to do it articulately or with feigned empathy. Just vile, empty rhetoric.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

This is why I'm not on board with the FJ consensus that they are fun, rule-breaking anti-Maxwells.

I'm not sure there is a consensus. I might have a selective memory but it seems to me that there are lots of people critical of the Bontragers. Personally I think they do seem more fun and they do seem to eat better than the Maxwells but then a crumpled piece of paper - or should I say a cheese wrapper - has more joy than the Maxwell's. The Bont's have al the other negative beliefs of fundie families and might prove more problematic in the long run if one or more go into politics.

• I Agree 5

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic