IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

HerNameIsBuffy

11 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

They could be doing Young Living sales just for the discounts they get on YL products, not for sales to other people.  That's why my daughter does it.   She, unfortunately, is a more than a bit into woo.  I just hope she never discovers Lori Alexander.  

I don’t think so. Lina has had a private account like Allison for the longest time. Now both Allison andina are suddenly public with their accounts and are selling oils along with Cass. I think they all are actually trying to make money off of it. They’ve posted a lot about it since going public. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The other day, Allison was talking about how she had earned back the money she 'invested' in her starter kit 'in around a month'. Meaning that she worked for free, shilling those stupid oils, for an entire month. I know wages are low in middle America and these women are taught to devalue themselves constantly, but come on. This is just tragic

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Cass posted about the trailer they live in while on the road. The 8 other Bons love in the RV bus and Josh, Cass, and Wallace live in this:

2A55CBB2-5D90-466F-9B89-87CC23E9D513.png

01570E15-E621-48FC-BB95-9D16DEA6F05C.png

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

23 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

What is worse than live with Josh Bontrager?

Live with Josh Bontrager in a trailer.

Living with Josh Bontrager in a trailer, with a baby, choking on the fumes of essential oils being pumped out into a tiny , poorly ventilated space.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Living with Josh Bontrager in a trailer, with a baby, choking on the fumes of essential oils being pumped out into a tiny , poorly ventilated space.

I received a diffuser and some oils for my birthday this year. I used the diffuser a few nights in a row to relax, until I started getting a throat ache and a hard time breathing. Turns out that eucalyptus and rosemary can inflame and irritate your airways. It wasn't a big deal but I would never never diffuse anything near a baby. Plant oils might be natural but they are very harsh chemicals. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I received a diffuser and some oils for my birthday this year. I used the diffuser a few nights in a row to relax, until I started getting a throat ache and a hard time breathing. Turns out that eucalyptus and rosemary can inflame and irritate your airways. It wasn't a big deal but I would never never diffuse anything near a baby. Plant oils might be natural but they are very harsh chemicals. 

It amazes me how so many of these oil salespeople will pop poo scented candles as toxic to breathe but the oils are just fine. Wtf?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I have to admit that I'm into aromatherapy a little bit myself. I really like oils to diffuse them and I am doing so while writing this. I don't think I'd have a problem with diffusing oils in a room with my baby. But I'd make sure to buy high quality oil (don't know anything about YL oil quality) and wouldn't use it in such a small room that is poorly ventilated. 

• Upvote 4

Who wants to sign up for Joshua Bontrager’s “Mighty Men” camp? There will be pushups and manly conversation! I can’t wait! ?

0E56AFB6-02B5-48DD-A54F-E83C88F72E79.jpeg

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 14

It almost seems like an summer camp for manboys with some bible quote here and there to justify it. Like "no i wasn't in a camp with other boys,  I was at a Jesus camp!"

How long will it be this camp? 'Cause after a couple of day there will be too much Manhood around! 

Edited by Italiangirl
Clarifying
  • Upvote 13

38 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

It almost seems like an summer camp for manboys with some bible quote here and there to justify it. Like "no i wasn't in a camp with other boys,  I was at a Jesus camp!"

How long will it be this camp? 'Cause after a couple of day there will be too much Manhood around! 

That one time at Jesus camp...

I think this is just a long weekend--its the testosterone equivalent of Allison/Chelsy's girls retreats, which seem to focus on fancy coffee drinks and manicures. For Jesus.

Perhaps a MAXWELL be a guest lecturer on the art of conversation.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

That one time at Jesus camp...

I think this is just a long weekend--its the testosterone equivalent of Allison/Chelsy's girls retreats, which seem to focus on fancy coffee drinks and manicures. For Jesus.

Perhaps a MAXWELL be a guest lecturer on the art of conversation.

Sorry, no Maxwell’s. Only Joshua, Denver, and Charlie Bowers will be their manly guides.

• Upvote 4

Reading the description made me laugh out loud and I can't fathom the fact that fundies don't read how ridiculous this sounds. The push-ups and sit-ups and all that? Why should a fundie dad who probably struggles to make ends meat for his ever growing family spend money to work with some fellow manly christian dudes and listen to some messages when he could just hit the local gym, go for a run or just read Joshua's ever annoying blog? I just don't get it. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, ophelia said:

Reading the description made me laugh out loud and I can't fathom the fact that fundies don't read how ridiculous this sounds. The push-ups and sit-ups and all that? Why should a fundie dad who probably struggles to make ends meat for his ever growing family spend money to work with some fellow manly christian dudes and listen to some messages when he could just hit the local gym, go for a run or just read Joshua's ever annoying blog? I just don't get it. 

Connections. It’s the only benefit really. 

• Upvote 7

Oh my stars! Push-ups! Sit-ups! Rigorous hikes?!!? mAnLy CoNvErSaTiOns. Yes, surely, THIS is what it means to TRULY be a MAN.

joshyb.png.490aabef4d10f19728304820ab4d1389.png

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 22
  • Love 3

This is terrible of me but when they pontificate about loving the company of other men, I raise my eyebrows. You love, love, love, the company of other men!? Oh really!? I don't think they are closeted. I do think their general emotional and seuxal repression makes what they say come sidways and over the top. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Further manly activities:

~Arm wrestling contests

~Man spreading tutorials: Inspirational photos by Doug Phillips

~Genital adjustment when sitting 101

~Maximum Axe Body Spray coverage class

~How to find a godly little wife in 6 weeks

~Is your sister nurturing your manhood?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

You folks have already made all the jokes I was going to make about Josh‘s manly man camp, so I’m going to ask a serious question instead:

Where do these fools get their incredible confidence to genuinely think they have something to teach other people, especially in their own community? I get that they were raised to think they know the real word of god and blah blah blah. So I’m not surprised they think they can teach heathens like me. But why would fellow fundamentalist men who were raised pretty much the same way pay money to hear early 20-something man-boys pretend they are the smartest and most knowledgeable of them all? I truly don’t get it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

I believe that the first manly book on his manly stack of manly books is "The Pirate City", https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pirate_City:_An_Algerine_Tale ,a saccharine Christian book for Victorian juveniles.  

Now that you are married and you get to have s-e-x, don't you get to read grown-up Christian books now?

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Bazinga said:

So is Josh trying to become the new DP? Do we know if the Bonts have any ties to Vision Forum?

Yes, they do have ties. They attended Doug’s father’s funeral when he passed away before the VF implosion. So they know them and of VF

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

They also attended one of the VF father/daughter retreats in 2008:

http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2008/04/vision-forum-fatherdaughter-retreat.html 

There is even a picture with the tool and his daughters. So it seems that the Bons had ties with VF and probably to ATI/IBLP as well (at least to some extend; they probably met the Duggars through it). There is also there huge Ex-Amish/Mennonite family branch. The are well connected into different parts of fundiedom. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

What the F* is manly conversation? about soccer and boobs? about storming a castle?

I hate (I HATE!!!!) gender roles. But I can understand different cultures and upbringings and that not everybody is going to see gender roles as a negative issue. But Bontragers  are over the top. They are insane. It was insane how Alison put herself as the doormat of her brothers and it is insane how Joshua is turning sexism into a religion itself. As Alison and Joshua are very young, I blame Bontrager parents and I suspect there's a lot of fear and sadness below the smiles, songs and yummy dinner tables.

• Upvote 17

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

What the F* is manly conversation? about soccer and boobs? about storming a castle?

locker room talk?

I fear young Master Bontrager going to be running for a county council seat in a few years--then state legislature

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic