IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

HerNameIsBuffy

38 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Must be nice to work for mommy and daddy and get to take off from work whenever you need to. Most people in hospitality work nights, weekends, and holidays. 

Yes, it is surprising that she has a free time to do these retreats considering that the family hotel "managers" (Mitchell and Bryn) just had a baby. You'd think she'd be filling in for Bryn. Maybe a younger sibling has been recruited to work at the hotel now.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Yes, it is surprising that she has a free time to do these retreats considering that the family hotel "managers" (Mitchell and Bryn) just had a baby. You'd think she'd be filling in for Bryn. Maybe a younger sibling has been recruited to work at the hotel now.

They are currently on tour for three months so I’m thinking they have a non-family member filling in right now. I’ve seen pictures of coworkers on the blogs but I don’t know any names. 

• Upvote 3

I didn’t notice until now that the Bontragers are going through KS for their last few days of concerts. So they will likely be meeting Axton next week. 

• Thank You 1

Calling it a date doesn’t make it one Allison. He’s your brother. And the other “couple” look like brother and sister too. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

98F42955-A6E5-4951-ABE8-D1D2F224AADB.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 2

I can't imagine referring to going on a "date" with my brother. And we are super close. That's just gross. We have/do go out to dinner and stuff together but I've always referred to it as dinner with the brother (and my nephew's) or spending the day with my brother. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8

Allison posted about the Switzerland retreat on her blog.

https://www.fromallison.com/exciting-announcement-europe-adventure/

My jaw dropped at her "this is extremely cheap for Europe" comment. Anyone who lives near her will be paying at least $1000 in airfare; I just ran several Midwestern airports to ZRH and the Paris airports through Kayak.

She's expecting people to be willing to pay, at the bare minimum, $1300 for a three-day trip. 

Honestly, I can't imagine any fundies shelling out that much money for that short of a time, and I can't imagine many of these parents would want their daughters roaming around Europe on their own to "make it into a longer trip and spend some time in nearby France/Germany" as Allison suggests. 

Can't see how on earth Allison is going to make this happen. Barring the absurdity of the cost, won't everyone be too jet-lagged for Jesus anyway? They're all going to get to Hasliberg, sleepwalk through three days, and then have to fly home. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Good grief she is really underplaying the costs - although they do get a fondue dinner so there is that.

If any fundy maiden embarks on this trip they had better do their research on costs with care. 

• Upvote 5

In other news, Charlie Bowers has an Instagram now, and he's also selling Young Living. 

https://www.instagram.com/charlietheoilguy/

The Bowers family Instagram has been tagging several people from one specific family in their posts for a while now since they moved to Alabama. Those people have also been commenting on Bowers posts, and it seems like a few of the people in that family are young women. I'm still fairly new here, so I'm going to err on the side of cautious etiquette and not give their names. One girl has a private Instagram but links to a public, clearly quite religious, blog; another one has a public but sparse Instagram; a third has a private Instagram; all three have the same last name.

No idea who they are, but my money is on Charlie marrying one of them; I bet the Bowers are doing now in Alabama exactly what they did in Iowa with the Bontragers.

• Upvote 14

14 hours ago, Aithuia said:

No idea who they are, but my money is on Charlie marrying one of them; I bet the Bowers are doing now in Alabama exactly what they did in Iowa with the Bontragers.

I second that. The only question is - to which part of the country will they move next? Their second oldest son turns 18 in October, so there is another child to marry off.

• Upvote 2

They‘re going on a 3 days trip to Hasliberg??? They must be crazy to say the least. Car rental is expensive. Public transportation is excellent but very expensive. So the retreat is only 225, but they will spend at least that much just to get to the airport and back. Oh and did I mention gas is also expensive compared to the US? Who can afford that anyway?

I suggest to hold a counter retreat somewhere in (western) Europe. Just with FJ.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

@Kelsey they always refur to going out and doing stuff with a sibling as a date. They usually call it a sibling date. 

Or a dad/mom date, it’s disturbing. I could never go to dinner with my brother and say “I’m on a sibling date” my parents would be like wtf is wrong with you?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Calling it a date doesn’t make it one Allison. He’s your brother. And the other “couple” look like brother and sister too. :5624798d10d1f_nayIsayno:

98F42955-A6E5-4951-ABE8-D1D2F224AADB.jpeg

I don't know which is more disgusting, Mexican hot dogs or dating your brother.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I’m looking at the hotdogs and trying to figure out the toppings. I’m actually very curious now. I will do some googling and report back. 

Ok so theirs look like Sonoran hot dogs: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonoran_hot_dog

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Smash! said:

I suggest to hold a counter retreat somewhere in (western) Europe. Just with FJ.

Since I live in Europe I'd gladly take part in the preparation. Oh this would be so much fun!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 3

The Bons did know Doug Phillips in his hey day and it leaves me wondering if the glamorous European trips Dougie used to make had an impact on Allison. Has she even been to Europe? Does she have any idea of what she’s getting into?

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Smash! said:

They‘re going on a 3 days trip to Hasliberg??? They must be crazy to say the least. Car rental is expensive. Public transportation is excellent but very expensive. So the retreat is only 225, but they will spend at least that much just to get to the airport and back. Oh and did I mention gas is also expensive compared to the US? Who can afford that anyway?

Sounds wonderful. Maybe an island just off the coast of the North Sea?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

My husband and I went to Rome for two weeks for not much more than this is costing (per person, not total). We spent some more, obviously, on food, tours, and gifts, but we were able to get airfare and a decent hotel for two weeks. 

These girls should save and go to Rome. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2019 at 1:07 AM, Melissa1977 said:

That picture smells CULT. They are worshipping the father, while the mother is barely visible! Even the so-similar nazi advertisements had a better spot for the mother! 

It’s interesting you say that, cause I could swear I saw one of the Bontrager boys wearing a t-shirt with a logo that looks like one used by white supremacists (two marching hammers) once, but for the life of me I can’t find it again. 

But it wouldn’t surprise me at all if they were right into neo confederate “genteel” white supremacy.

Edited cause slogan and logo are not the same thing.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 2

On 3/23/2019 at 8:28 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison posted this. I can’t decide is he looks more like a Maxwell or a Bontrager. 

2D130677-7792-4D05-AD90-49F737622AD7.png

It blows my mind they haven’t met Axton yet - Chelsy and Allison were so close. I guess Chelsy is truly Maxwell “extended family” now and had to be content with Teri drilling her on bible verses while she laboured (that bible bee prep finally came in handy!) and Sarah, Anna and Mary intruding for scheduled house cleaning while she recovered.

It makes me sad - I’m not particularly close to my sister, would never claim we were “best friends”, but she left her 3 year old with her partner to spend a week with me after my first baby was born and my mother took time off work to travel to be with me for the births of all my babies. I guess when you’re looking at having a grandchild every few months for 20 years you can’t do that, but I would have thought the family would have done all they could to be there for Chelsy’s first.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, lilith said:

It blows my mind they haven’t met Axton yet - Chelsy and Allison were so close. I guess Chelsy is truly Maxwell “extended family” now and had to be content with Teri drilling her on bible verses while she laboured (that bible bee prep finally came in handy!) and Sarah, Anna and Mary intruding for scheduled house cleaning while she recovered.

It makes me sad - I’m not particularly close to my sister, would never claim we were “best friends”, but she left her 3 year old with her partner to spend a week with me after my first baby was born and my mother took time off work to travel to be with me for the births of all my babies. I guess when you’re looking at having a grandchild every few months for 20 years you can’t do that, but I would have thought the family would have done all they could to be there for Chelsy’s first.

My guess is that if Allison felt she had a choice, she would have flown to KS right after the baby was born. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

11 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Mexican hot dogs makes me think of chili dogs.  That may be a regional, American thing. I don't know. But they are really good!

• Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic