IGNORED

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

This emotional incest conversation is interesting in light of recent behavior in the rv of grifting - oldest son Tim sent his mother and older sister v romantic gifts for Valentine’s Day, and goes on “double dates” with her and their parents while the sibs wait for godly spouses. Apparently this is a creepy pattern in these families. (Also looking at you, Mortons. One of the girls runs an Instagram account devoted just to documenting her adoration for her brothers with hashtags like #gentleman #hero #gooddads)...

Yes, I think I mentioned the Bontragers and Wissmanns on Jill’s thread when everyone was talking about Tim and Nurie. Remember the pics I posted of Susanna and Stephen Wissmann constantly posing like a fundie married couple? 

• Upvote 6

I just remembered a blog post Allison wrote last year with the title: What Mr. Right is Looking for in a Wife: The Inside Scoop from Real Men

In this blogpost she asked her brothers and John what they were looking for in a future wife and while the whole list is pretty disgusting and cringeworthy, bullet point 2 might be something Allison should re-read: 

[bolding mine]

2. Isn’t Desperate

My brother Mitchell said about his lovely wife:

“She wasn’t desperate, but it would have been a turn-off if she was. I didn’t want a girl who was desperate. She didn’t have a lot of options (guys) (well isn't that something lovely to say about your wife ?), but she wasn’t concerned about it. She went to college, and all the guys were apparently blind. She came home from college without a guy, and there was no one on the horizon at home. She didn’t seem to care and just got busy serving.”

Guys don’t mind if a girl thinks marriage is awesome and prepares for it. What they don’t like is a girl who is waiting for her life to start when she gets married. It is attractive to guys when girls are vibrantly loving the life they have TODAY. (For more info on this, read my post entitled “Three Things My Sister Taught Me About Life Before Marriage”.)

Wherever you are, be all there! Don’t wait for marriage to start living fully. John says, “The main thing that really turned me off was a girl who was just waiting for marriage to start her life.”  Yep, but a girl who started her life by pursuing a college degree or another form of higher education would have made you shit your pants, John. So what is it now? These poor girls are just trapped by all these expectations they have to live up to.

Allison's desperation is all over the place nowadays what makes me think that she might have lived through a breakup recently or that the guy she secretly likes (cause a good fundie maiden can never be open about her feelings) got engaged or married to somebody else. 

https://www.fromallison.com/category/relationships/page/3/ 

• Upvote 12

Any clue why Alison posted a teaser photo of Switzerland on Instagram? Is she going on a missioncation to bring the gospel to the Swiss?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

In her stories she posted something about a retreat in Switzerland. Maybe the manly man camp and her women retreat will come to Europe in the future. Yikes. Just what we needed. 

Switzerland is expensive. You might find reasonably prized flights, but groceries, accommodation, etc. will hardly be affordable for the average fundie person. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

In her stories she posted something about a retreat in Switzerland. Maybe the manly man camp and her women retreat will come to Europe in the future. Yikes. Just what we needed. 

Switzerland is expensive. You might find reasonably prized flights, but groceries, accommodation, etc. will hardly be affordable for the average fundie person. 

Ain't that the truth. I'm going to Switzerland this summer for work. Maybe I should crash Alison's retreat and lecture about the secrets of my marriage.  And drink my weight in "gourmet coffee drinks."  [maybe Alison will have a fondue buffet as well?]

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

I wonder if she is going to L'Abri. http://www.labri.org/history.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Are they popular enough in fundie circles to make people pay such a huge amount of money? 

The Bontragers really want to push their brand. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

It IS just what we needed if only they hire Doug Phillips(who is a tool) to run it like one of his old manly retreats - wide leg stances and all. I could use a good laugh right now.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

I just remembered a blog post Allison wrote last year with the title: What Mr. Right is Looking for in a Wife: The Inside Scoop from Real Men

In this blogpost she asked her brothers and John what they were looking for in a future wife and while the whole list is pretty disgusting and cringeworthy, bullet point 2 might be something Allison should re-read: 

[bolding mine]

2. Isn’t Desperate

My brother Mitchell said about his lovely wife:

“She wasn’t desperate, but it would have been a turn-off if she was. I didn’t want a girl who was desperate. She didn’t have a lot of options (guys) (well isn't that something lovely to say about your wife ?), but she wasn’t concerned about it. She went to college, and all the guys were apparently blind. She came home from college without a guy, and there was no one on the horizon at home. She didn’t seem to care and just got busy serving.”

Guys don’t mind if a girl thinks marriage is awesome and prepares for it. What they don’t like is a girl who is waiting for her life to start when she gets married. It is attractive to guys when girls are vibrantly loving the life they have TODAY. (For more info on this, read my post entitled “Three Things My Sister Taught Me About Life Before Marriage”.)

Wherever you are, be all there! Don’t wait for marriage to start living fully. John says, “The main thing that really turned me off was a girl who was just waiting for marriage to start her life.”  Yep, but a girl who started her life by pursuing a college degree or another form of higher education would have made you shit your pants, John. So what is it now? These poor girls are just trapped by all these expectations they have to live up to.

Allison's desperation is all over the place nowadays what makes me think that she might have lived through a breakup recently or that the guy she secretly likes (cause a good fundie maiden can never be open about her feelings) got engaged or married to somebody else. 

https://www.fromallison.com/category/relationships/page/3/ 

Ugh, what a cluster that entry is. Just proof that there's no way to live the "right" way as a fundie woman. Start your life to look attractive to men, but don't aim too big or accomplish too much, lest you not attract men. Do things you enjoy, but that aren't intimidating. Don't be too good at anything. Live your whole life preparing to get married, but don't seem desperate to get married. Get told your worth is as a wife and mother, but don't look too eager to be a wife and mother. Be warm and friendly, but not too friendly, lest you be a flirt or overconfident. Don't be too comfortable around men, but don't be awkward, either. Love kids, but don't come off as too anxious to have your own. Be attractive, but be low-maintenance. 

Got it? Easy. Right.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

From the Bontrager's latest blog post.

Headship worshipping 101:

image.thumb.png.df244a8b720cd00f88ca4d9b74d79f9b.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 8
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 8

That picture smells CULT. They are worshipping the father, while the mother is barely visible! Even the so-similar nazi advertisements had a better spot for the mother! 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

31 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

From the Bontrager's latest blog post.

Headship worshipping 101:

image.thumb.png.df244a8b720cd00f88ca4d9b74d79f9b.png

Ugh, I went to look at the blog post and few things set my teeth on edge more than a grown woman referring to herself and/or other mothers as "mommies." 

• Upvote 6

Their white shirts and black ties make them look like a bunch of Mormons on a mission. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 5

Any clue why Alison posted a teaser photo of Switzerland on Instagram? Is she going on a missioncation to bring the gospel to the Swiss?

That‘s what we needed - some Bontrager in our country *rolleyes*
  • Upvote 2

So grateful that my existence is not tied to my siblings'. They lived their lives and I live mine. None of us is so connected to another that we can't live our own damn lives without latching onto another's. 

Allison is a very sad little girl and that makes me sad. She was raised in a world where she was set up for failure without a husband and she has internalized it to the extent that she has become obsessed with her married siblings and all things marriage related. No other worth or value, despite her whispered "it's all ok, look at me..." dramatizing. 

And their latest about feelings - - I only got a few sentences in then skimmed over the rest of the rambling. Basically, if you have a vagina, you have no valid feelings of your own and you are responsible for all the feelings of those you married and birthed. 

I don't question where Allison's skewed view of life and purpose comes from. 

• Upvote 11

Ma Bontrager basically says if home schooling, house work, and activities for the kids is too much then only do godly things. Also ask headship what you should do because women can’t make decisions. 

Imo if you can’t properly home school (which includes letting your kids do outside of the house activities and classes for the subjects you can’t teach), and run a house then why home school? It’s not fair to your children. Remember they are a blessing from the lord and it’s your job to prepare them for adulthood. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

3C7E40F4-B598-4CBD-AD38-B4880C66BA0E.jpeg

From Allison’s latest blog post. I’ll be honest, I really don’t think Allison has as much grace as she thinks.

ACF6CFF1-5BB5-4612-8077-40872B58BC78.jpeg

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Another mini Bontrager. Sorry for being born in such a narrow-minded family, little Micah. At least everybody is healthy. 

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Another mini Bontrager. Sorry for being born in such a narrow-minded family, little Micah. At least everybody is healthy. 

and at least his parents waited more than two minutes before getting pregnant.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

and at least his parents waited more than two minutes before getting pregnant.

I bet that wasn’t their choice. I’m really hoping these two aren’t super fertile and only have five or six Bon Bons.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:39 PM, picklepizzas said:

This emotional incest conversation is interesting in light of recent behavior in the rv of grifting - oldest son Tim sent his mother and older sister v romantic gifts for Valentine’s Day, and goes on “double dates” with her and their parents while the sibs wait for godly spouses. Apparently this is a creepy pattern in these families. (Also looking at you, Mortons. One of the girls runs an Instagram account devoted just to documenting her adoration for her brothers with hashtags like #gentleman #hero #gooddads)...

Agreed! Heck I have friends who are like brothers to me. I adore them, even when they drive me to the brink of my sanity.  We tease each other 95% of the time, share a dark twisted sense of humor, annoy each other, disagree at times, but we do love each other very much. However we have Never and NEVER have I ever been given a "V" day gift on "V" Day from them. We don't do double dates either for Valentines Day. Actually my group of friends (some are married and some are not) hate the holiday. We do a big let's get together, stuff our face with food, play games and make each other laugh so hard we cry. (Not just on Valentines Day but at least twice a year.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

Agreed! Heck I have friends who are like brothers to me. I adore them, even when they drive me to the brink of my sanity.  We tease each other 95% of the time, share a dark twisted sense of humor, annoy each other, disagree at times, but we do love each other very much. However we have Never and NEVER have I ever been given a "V" day gift on "V" Day from them. We don't do double dates either for Valentines Day. Actually my group of friends (some are married and some are not) hate the holiday. We do a big let's get together, stuff our face with food, play games and make each other laugh so hard we cry. (Not just on Valentines Day but at least twice a year.

I told Mr. Briefly a couple of years ago that I wasn't interested in celebrating Valentine's Day anymore.  It's kind of pointless, just my opinion.  We usually did something for our daughter when she was little and she was more interested in what she would get in place of the chocolate candy she was allergic to.  But we usually do get to the grocery store the day after Valentines, because that's when the candy is on clearance!

• Upvote 7

Micah I'm so sorry you have been born into a fucked up family.  With an uncle like Joshua and and aunts like Allison and Judgy Chelsy who needs enemies.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Briefly said:

I told Mr. Briefly a couple of years ago that I wasn't interested in celebrating Valentine's Day anymore.  It's kind of pointless, just my opinion.  We usually did something for our daughter when she was little and she was more interested in what she would get in place of the chocolate candy she was allergic to.  But we usually do get to the grocery store the day after Valentines, because that's when the candy is on clearance!

That's the best part! When chocolate is on sale!! :) 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic