Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Bontragers and Bowers 3: Kittens Having None of Their Shit

Recommended Posts

Captain Obvious

Same, Wallace, same.

Spoiler

55701567-CB0C-4CB9-86D7-2CEA26426157.thumb.jpeg.9b1fb10c7c410f062c962aa7612d38e9.jpeg

7BC37E8A-4EE7-4C5C-847E-A87D87EF67B3.thumb.jpeg.4791e12de0493a94a7af999d6e286229.jpeg

70A1659A-6AFB-45B1-A75B-14566930F689.jpeg.2195465b969ec2c0d1198edc41decc54.jpeg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Joshua is so ignorant and naive. He reminds me of a 13 year old. He has no clue how the real world works. His blog is about family. You think, oh this won’t be so bad. But it is. He seems to think all the problems of the world stem back to a bad home life and lack of religion. If he was a little more mature and intelligent, he would understand that there is so much more that goes into raising a family. If we look at this Jukes family, I bet we will find poverty, mental illness, and lack of educational opportunities. But Joshua doesn’t want to look at any of that. He’s so narrow minded and a know it all. He’s completely insufferable. 

3753BF38-D7E7-47DB-9622-F2AC98130D31.jpeg

  • Upvote 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing

Er... speaking as a genealogist, if you look at pretty much anyone's descendants (assuming you're choosing an ancestor far back enough to have many descendants) you're most likely going to find judges, professors, lawyers, murderers, thieves, prostitutes, fishermen, mobsters, farmers, tax evaders, priests... that's kind of just how it works.

I'm seriously skeptical of this entire claim, anyway. How the hell does one find '400 physically wrecked by indulgent living' in researching the progeny of one man? I'm calling total bullshit.

  • Upvote 28
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
6 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Er... speaking as a genealogist, if you look at pretty much anyone's descendants (assuming you're choosing an ancestor far back enough to have many descendants) you're most likely going to find judges, professors, lawyers, murderers, thieves, prostitutes, fishermen, mobsters, farmers, tax evaders, priests... that's kind of just how it works.

I'm seriously skeptical of this entire claim, anyway. How the hell does one find '400 physically wrecked by indulgent living' in researching the progeny of one man? I'm calling total bullshit.

This book was his proof. It has mixed reviews. One review says it mostly talks of the Edwards family and barely about the Jukes family.

https://www.amazon.com/Jukes-Edwards-Study-Education-Heredity-Winship-ebook/dp/B0084A0SD2

I hate the listing of “50 women of debauchery.”

Fuck that noise. If you look at each of those women, it’s likely you’ll find most of them felt they had little choice and prostituted in order to survive. Sorry I’m not going to look down on those women. They were likely pretty strong women. I’m so glad we now live in a time where women have more choices besides marriage and prostitution. 

310 in poorhouses? Why is this some sort of moral failing? That’s like saying people who use food stamps have failed morally. Oh wait. These assholes do that! Nevermind. 

  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Happy
PennySycamore

Good grief!  I've not heard about the Jukes family in since I took psychology in the 10th grade about 50 years ago.  It was discounted as bad "science" even then.  

  • Upvote 18
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usedbicycle

Isn't it funny how guys like him love to rail against broken homes but never end up working as inner-city educators, or foster youth advocates, or probation case workers? If you follow his logical conclusion, the trenches of social work should be lined with conservative Christians trying to save children from the trauma of dysfunctional families.

For all I care, his whole passionate appeal on the importance of a loving family is garbage if it doesn't convict him to help others.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

They wished Crockett Bowers a happy 13th birthday today so I guess we can mark November 15, 2005 as his date of birth on the lists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
artdecades

Why even bother to bring up the lawyers and college professors when they are anti-intellectual to begin with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
38 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Why even bother to bring up the lawyers and college professors when they are anti-intellectual to begin with

Oh I bet they really love the right type of lawyers. You know the ones. The lawyers that defend Christians who don’t want to bake cakes for gay weddings. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Since they are tagged in Nashville, I’m guessing they have recorded an album. Not that exciting folks....

45DCB346-511D-4BAE-955A-3A5883536D44.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
singsingsing
1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since they are tagged in Nashville, I’m guessing they have recorded an album. Not that exciting folks....

45DCB346-511D-4BAE-955A-3A5883536D44.jpeg

Could they have picked a worse picture? I'm going to guess their exciting announcement is that they modeled for the cover of a book called 'Creepy Victorian Ghost Stories'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Themanda Duggar

Curtis Bowers does not look well in that photo.  I’ve seen a number of photos and some videos of him, and I see a notable difference.  When they moved from Iowa they said it was for his health.  I have a feeling he has something pretty serious going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
11 hours ago, artdecades said:

Why even bother to bring up the lawyers and college professors when they are anti-intellectual to begin with

Especially because those two professions are almost always portrayed as mustache-twirling librul atheist villains in Christian movies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teachergirl

The Bowers also sang at Scotty Brown's NCFIC conference in October...probably trying to sell off, I mean find spouses for their unmarrieds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea
On 11/14/2018 at 9:20 AM, singsingsing said:

I'm seriously skeptical of this entire claim, anyway. How the hell does one find '400 physically wrecked by indulgent living' in researching the progeny of one man? I'm calling total bullshit.

If it's not just cherry-picking data (probably is), this speaks to how hard it is for families to pull themselves out of poverty and how easy it is to stay rich and educated when your family is. Social mobility (or lack thereof), how does it work?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

Did he meet / interview / talk to those 400 people? How did he verify his claims? 

Oh, wait. This is the ever pompous Joshua Bontrager. He don't need no verification. His word is all that's needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Allison Bontrager made her Instagram public a few weeks ago. All because she’s now shilling essential oils. It seems she’s gotten Cassidy into selling them as well. 

How will they make any money on this? The fundie groups are completely saturated with essential oils. They are coming in years too late. It’s like putting in a Walmart in a small town with three Walmart’s already. No one needs her to get their oils. They likely already have 4 or 5 hookups in their group. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CaptainFunderpants
On 11/15/2018 at 5:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since they are tagged in Nashville, I’m guessing they have recorded an album. Not that exciting folks....

45DCB346-511D-4BAE-955A-3A5883536D44.jpeg

Holy crap Charles looks like Cass in this pic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spent
ViolaSebastian

Oh. my. 

The Jukes are completely and totally fictional and their "story" was used to encourage and popularize the use of eugenics. It was straight up garbage then and straight up garbage now. It was even used in the infamous Buck vs. Bell "trial" which brought about what is arguably the very worst Supreme Court decision ever.*

As much as these people shit all over college education, at least it teaches you to weed stuff like this out. Holy hell. Sorry for all the swearing, but I'm genuinely shocked he didn't Google this or something. 

https://readingroom.law.gsu.edu/buckvbell/

*The Buck vs. Bell trial as a complete travesty. I mention this because the Jukes family had "women of debauchery" listed. Carrie Buck was considered an imbecile because she was "promiscuous"--the evidence? Getting raped and having a child that resulted from that rape. If you ever want to get your blood pressure up, this is the seminal work about it: https://www.amazon.com/Three-Generations-No-Imbeciles-Eugenics/dp/0801898242

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

The Bowers have moved farther south in Alabama and bought a house: http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/2018/11/a-potpourri-of-this-and-that.html  So I guess south Alabama/Florida panhandle fundies need to start parading their fundy maidens so they can find a mate for young Charlie.

Patriarch Bowers continues to see multiple doctors, including one in Florida. But they also write that "We are grateful Daddy is in a season of feeling better"

"In a season of feeling better?"   Who writes this way??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

In that area of the country, there are plenty of fundie families with single daughters. I bet Charlie will find a girl down there within a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH
On 11/14/2018 at 7:36 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joshua is so ignorant and naive. He reminds me of a 13 year old. He has no clue how the real world works. His blog is about family. You think, oh this won’t be so bad. But it is. He seems to think all the problems of the world stem back to a bad home life and lack of religion. If he was a little more mature and intelligent, he would understand that there is so much more that goes into raising a family. If we look at this Jukes family, I bet we will find poverty, mental illness, and lack of educational opportunities. But Joshua doesn’t want to look at any of that. He’s so narrow minded and a know it all. He’s completely insufferable. 

3753BF38-D7E7-47DB-9622-F2AC98130D31.jpeg

Joshua Bontrager reminds me of another Joshua, Duggar that is.  Both are entitled asswipes who think they know it all.  Just because you didn't have a great family lineage doesn't mean you are going to turn out bad.  Abraham Lincoln grew up poor, attended school sporadically, and didn't get along with his father yet became one of the best POTUS ever while Donald Trump grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth, graduated from the Ivy League, and was close to his dad yet he is the world's biggest asshole who will hopefully be going to prison soon.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
ophelia
On 11/30/2018 at 5:49 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

In that area of the country, there are plenty of fundie families with single daughters. I bet Charlie will find a girl down there within a year. 

Looking at Charlie, I bet that there are plenty fundie maidens that are about to get all excited. Damn he is good looking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
On 11/24/2018 at 1:58 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Allison Bontrager made her Instagram public a few weeks ago. All because she’s now shilling essential oils. It seems she’s gotten Cassidy into selling them as well. 

How will they make any money on this? The fundie groups are completely saturated with essential oils. They are coming in years too late. It’s like putting in a Walmart in a small town with three Walmart’s already. No one needs her to get their oils. They likely already have 4 or 5 hookups in their group. 

On AntiMLM on Reddit, there was a post where a woman responded to "the market is completely saturated" with "but God has called me to do this so it doesn't matter that the market is completely saturated".

Yes, Karen, the Lord God Omnipotent looked down from the heavens, appeared to you in a bright light, and said "GO FORTH MY CHILD AND FLOG SHITTY OILS TO YOUR FACEBOOK FRIENDS EVEN THOUGH LITERALLY ALL OF THEM ARE ALSO FLOGGING OILS AND PILLS THAT MAKE YOU SHIT A LOT. THIS IS THY QUEST." 

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 12
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×