IGNORED

Finnish-Australian Vegan Doomsday Cult Family of 12

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

9 hours ago, elliha said:

I agree that it is possible but I think that it is wise for a parent to be open to the idea of giving your child either a vegetarian diet with milk and/or eggs if necessary. Some kids do seem to do poorly on a vegan diet and are very picky and I think that if you both have a restrictive diet and a picky kid you may have to at least try to see if the pickiness is lessened by allowing at least some more items. I know a couple who are vegan who started out having their kid eat a vegan diet but after the kid almost stealing relatives' non-vegan food and crying to try it they allowed some milk and egg products in the child's diet and he got to try other animal products in the homes of other relatives. At age 8 he chose to become a vegan again on his own accord and was then better able to eat the range of food necessary for a good vegan diet. 

I also know a mom who had been a vegan for a long time who found out she had severe deficiencies when she went to the doctor feeling very tired and depressed and she ended up not giving her children a vegan diet after all because she felt that if she as an adult wasn't able to stay well-nourished on a good vegan diet she didn't want to risk things with her child. 

I know vegans who have raised their children vegan too but I think that it is important to not be "fundamentalist" as a vegan parent if things do not seem to work out for the child when it comes to vegan food. 

I agree that parents need to be flexible with kids when it comes to their diet. I just know that it is possible to do it. We also have some kids (twins) whose parents allow them to eat the prepared food and they eat soooo much of it because it's a treat *shrugs* everyone is different.
I agreed with the idea that the kids might not be thriving and the family should be open to other foods if the kids arent happy :)

Edited by DundeeUnFundie
Wrong word
  • Upvote 1

I'm wary of placing a growing child on a vegan diet. Can it be done? Yes. Do I trust most adults to manage it? No. Studies pretty consistently show that a signifgant portion of vegans are malnourished. (Off the top of my head, I've seen from 10-33% cited, though I'm not going to dig up studies, so take it with a grain of salt. But it's enough to raise my eyebrows even at the low end).

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

You can be a vegan and eat really healthily, or you can have a completely rubbish junk food diet. 

My cousin has been vegan all his life and if he ingests dairy inadvertently, he throws up. His body just can't cope with it. So I think Leonardo hasn't been vegan for too long if he is able to eat meat now.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I know nothing about veganism so I can't comment on whether they are doing it right or wrong, or anything else. 

I can comment on the fact that her 3-4 year old has a bottle in her mouth in pretty much every single video I've seen. (To be fair, I haven't seen them all). She says that girl's teeth are rotted because she (mom) had a cold while 6 weeks pregnant. It's bottle rot and the evidence is there with that bottle always hanging out of the kid's mouth. 

Which kid is Aphrodite? 

• Upvote 8

If the common cold virus caused such problems then I think that we'd hear a lot more about it and a lot more children would be affected. What a load of tosh!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 13

It is possible to have enamel damage because something went wrong in utero - my child had this even though she never had a bottle at all, we don't snack and I'm militant about brushing teeth (luckily her permanent teeth are just fine). According to the dentist it may have been some type of fish I ate during pregnancy and that sucks particularly as I forced myself to eat it, to be "healthy" and provide nutrition when all I could comfortably swallow was fresh fruit and white toast... But I agree, in this case evidence points pretty strongly to bottle rot. I'm glad we have a pretty robust system of checking children's health and growth here in Finland, so I'm sure these children will be on someone's radar.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Zue Anderson threw some shade at this family in a recent video.  She was talking about homeschooling and ‘doing less’.  She said in effect, that there is some crazy family with a mom and 10 kids who claims her 4 year old, who still takes bottles and wears diapers, can speak 5 languages and play instruments and how that is baloney.  She said something about her being all over youtube right now.  I found it to be very entertaining.  I do hope the 4 year old gets upgraded to a bed and cups very soon. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, LovelyLuna said:

Zue Anderson threw some shade at this family in a recent video.  She was talking about homeschooling and ‘doing less’.  She said in effect, that there is some crazy family with a mom and 10 kids who claims her 4 year old, who still takes bottles and wears diapers, can speak 5 languages and play instruments and how that is baloney.  She said something about her being all over youtube right now.  I found it to be very entertaining.  I do hope the 4 year old gets upgraded to a bed and cups very soon. 

I must look this one up! & indeed, knowing a smattering of words in five different languages does not make you multi-lingual! 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

That is definitely bottle rot, no child should be left sucking a bottle all the time, especially falling asleep with it. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, LovelyLuna said:

I am no fan of the chick in Finland and her obvious issues. But, when Zoo is threatened by you - - I kind of gotta' say "go, girl". 

I don't actually disagree with Zoo - and trust me, it's painful as hell to admit that - but I think as a whole the reasoning behind our apparently mutual impression of the woman is polar opposite. 

It's also just a tiny bit ironic that Zoo saying the languages & music are baloney while she props up her own offspring's intelligence. Her 11 year old doesn't know the difference between band and banned . . . I'm not sure she has any standing to talk about someone else's perception of their child's accomplishments. 

• Upvote 11

On 12/18/2018 at 8:08 AM, Snowberry said:

You can be a vegan and eat really healthily, or you can have a completely rubbish junk food diet

Yes.  If you are a vegan who eats Oreos and junk food and takes no supplements you will have issues. Same if you are a non-vegan who lives on junk food and eats a vegetable or fruit. 

Before I was a vegan no one showed any concern about if I was getting enough nutrients even though I had an unhealthy diet. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yes.  If you are a vegan who eats Oreos and junk food and takes no supplements you will have issues. Same if you are a non-vegan who lives on junk food and eats a vegetable or fruit. 

Before I was a vegan no one showed any concern about if I was getting enough nutrients even though I had an unhealthy diet. 

Only when I turned vegan did people start saying that "You MUST have protein, what about the protein??!!!!" Then I point out that the cows get protein fine from eating grass. That's one way to shut them up!

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

Only when I turned vegan did people start saying that "You MUST have protein, what about the protein??!!!!" Then I point out that the cows get protein fine from eating grass. That's one way to shut them up!

Humans’ metabolism is very different from the one of cows though ;).
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, Snowberry said:

You MUST have protein, what about the protein??!!!!"

Oh yes, like there is no other form of protein other than animal products. And people ask all the time about if I'm getting enough nutrients. When I was eating crap, but non-vegan crap, no one even cared. The second I eat a healthy vegan diet, everyone reacts as if I'm going to die of malnutrition. :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I've just watched KingJames having his hair cut into a Mohican by Cleopatra aided by Jerusalem under instruction from Mama dearest.  Why would She do that to a two year old? For fun and her 'audience' that's why. Taina what's -her -face is one horrible Mama. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I've just watched KingJames having his hair cut into a Mohican by Cleopatra aided by Jerusalem under instruction from Mama dearest.

Again, one of those sentences that only makes sense here on FJ.  :)

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 33
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

On 12/24/2018 at 10:05 AM, Snowberry said:

Uh, yeah comparing the digestion and extraction of nutrients from grass for cows to the digestion and extraction of nutrients from just plants for humans is wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...

The buddy thing has been so clear recently in Romeo and Aphrodite. It is not your child's job to put your other child to bed after you're finished playing dressup with her! That annoyed me.

• Love 2

On 12/19/2018 at 2:06 AM, vienna_cake said:

Has anyone noticed how badly bowed Aphrodite’s legs are? Could it be the result of malnutrition?

Could be rickets - not much sunlight to be had in Finland.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, YellowLadybird said:

Could be rickets - not much sunlight to be had in Finland.

I've been thinking the same for a while now. 

• Love 1

She has adds on her videos now.  I just watched one of Aphrodite’s 2nd birthday videos and the little bub makes the cutest growling noises while opening presents.  She’s a cutie.  It also seams that Nefertiti is not in the the ‘baby’ videos anymore. I hope she got a bed and lost the bottle and is not feeling left out.

Edited by LovelyLuna
spelling is hard
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Seems that the info from the finnish forum was not true, since they claimed that they not longer lived at the house and they had only rented it for recording the videos, but its not true. They have already cached up with the present in the videos and they still live in the same mansion.

They did mention this is their last year in Finland, and they plan to move back to Australia (i guess after the school year is over, since they are not homeschooled).

• Thank You 1

YouTube just recommended these weirdos to me (via the morning routine videos) and I got sucked in. There is creepy stuff happening in this family for sure. The kids laying on blankets pretty still and for a long while was so creepy.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:05 PM, Snowberry said:

Do they shut up because they realize you just said your metabolism is the same as a cow's? That would probably shut me up too, because it's rather mystifying logic. I'm not sure I get the point there.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2