IGNORED

Finnish-Australian Vegan Doomsday Cult Family of 12

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

On 11/29/2018 at 8:23 PM, Snowberry said:

She really needs to get her skates on if that is the case as Octopus (or whatever the youngest one is called) 

Thank you for making me laugh! ?

I wonder how many of the children are born in Finland, because we acctually have naming laws that are supposed to prevent Cleopatra or Shakespeare or King James from happening! Like when I've read about Americans naming their kids ridiculous things I've always thought "this shit wouldn't fly over here, thank god", but seems like I was wrong... Like you literally have to have very strong reasons to name a kid anything different, such as it being a family name. 

And the family creeps me out. Her videos came up as suggestions for me too. She's got to be paying someone for all the visibility. She's just... scary, obsessed with creating a picture perfect family. I do wonder what she's teaching them; we have a curriculum that everyone needs to follow homeschooled or not, but in addition to that who knows what she tells them. 

• Upvote 5

Hi @Queen - I have a question for you. Have you seen the oldest son's videos (Leonardo)? He seems so wildly frenetic but there is quite literally NO CONTENT to his videos. He appears to be attending some type of school program and living with his new wife in a small apartment. It's the same apartment Jenna had prior to the marriage so it is within bus range from the family home.

I just wondered about your opinion . . . is he typical for a 20-yo Finnish young man because he seems 'off-the-hook' to me; as though he's trying way too hard to portray something startling within a life that's really routine and mundane.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

@So-Virgin-It-Hurts I've now watched a couple of his videos and you are indeed right, there aren't really any content! He's not the first YouTuber I've seen do this, though. I'd say he's more extrovert than the typical Finnish young man, and he also seems pretty immature while at the same time trying so hard to be serious. If I didn't know his age, according to his behavior I'd guess he's a teenager. Maybe I'm judging him too harshly. I get the feeling that this is the first time he is living without strict supervision so he's a bit lost. And even though he seems to like the camera I do have a feeling it's the mom who is pressuring the kids to be "famous", just like she's trying to be. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I agree it's an act and it's put on for the purpose of self-promotion. Everything is so staged, including the lifestyle choices. They are meant to be vegans, yet I've just watched Jenna's hen do video where they merrily eat Swedish buns (certainly with egg and probably milk too) and Ben & Jerry's, and make a point of saying they do it every time they visit Stockholm. But hey, veganism is the lifestyle du jour, so let's call ourselves vegan in our quest for celebrity!

Likewise religion. There is the end-times preaching granny, but other than that, do we know they are actually fundie? I may have missed it, but haven't seen them actually discussing their religion. Is it possible wholesome Christianity is also just another carefully chosen lifestyle attribute that is meant to get them a tv-show? Like Taina sat down to evaluate what she needed to do to become famous, and settled on a Christian mega family with trendy lifestyle as the most probable path to success.

I bet the white and denim dress code is also part of the act, and they wear normal clothes when she is not filming.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Likewise religion. There is the end-times preaching granny, but other than that, do we know they are actually fundie? I may have missed it, but haven't seen them actually discussing their religion. Is it possible wholesome Christianity is also just another carefully chosen lifestyle attribute that is meant to get them a tv-show? Like Taina sat down to evaluate what she needed to do to become famous, and settled on a Christian mega family with trendy lifestyle as the most probable path to success.

I bet the white and denim dress code is also part of the act, and they wear normal clothes when she is not filming.

Leonardo cites Bible in every Insta post. He seems to be very much into the religion. Also the fact that he married so young, obviously couldn’t have sex before. And also these trips that the older boys go on, Poland and Spain, they never mention the reason, even when Leonardo blogged about it he never said why he was there, even though it would be the most logical thing to do in a vlog called “My trip to Poland”. So I think they are somehow religion related. They also seem to he boys only trips. Girls are not allowed supposedly as I think Cleopatra never went.

One of the Taina’s videos was revolving around the topic of one of the boys coming home from his extended trip to Spain, but she never mentioned why he went. They are deliberately not talking about it for some reason.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

29 minutes ago, MadameOvary said:

Not in her vlogs, but there was videos of the husband preaching, and in his instagram he also posted doomsday stuf. But i do wonder if the rest of the family believes or is only him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, llucie said:

Not in her vlogs, but there was videos of the husband preaching, and in his instagram he also posted doomsday stuf. But i do wonder if the rest of the family believes or is only him. 

There is one really weird vid on his FB account. Almost video game meets the Apocalypse... https://www.facebook.com/paul.licciardotoivola/videos/vb.100001372778531/105444852844607/?type=3

Edited by Snowberry
Went to find link for said weird vid

Another one of her videos popped up on my YouTube feed. It said last family swim of the summer part one, does a family swim video really warrant more than one part? She hasn't grasped the art of editing yet. I do think she wants her own show but she is not interesting enough.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

She hasn't grasped the art of editing yet. 

She really hasn’t, and it’s odd videos are months behind when there’s such poor editing done to them 

• Upvote 1

Anyone else think they borrowed/rented the huge house last year for the sole purpose of making all the videos? They made as many as possible to slowly dump on the Internet as they are doing now? The house was too perfect for normal family living. They kept the pretence up through winter for family snow scenes right through B-B-Qing/ playing on the lake summer. Now they are back home in their normal habitat?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Anyone else think they borrowed/rented the huge house last year for the sole purpose of making all the videos? They made as many as possible to slowly dump on the Internet as they are doing now? The house was too perfect for normal family living. They kept the pretence up through winter for family snow scenes right through B-B-Qing/ playing on the lake summer. Now they are back home in their normal habitat?

That is possible all her posts seem to be from the summer, everyone else is doing Winter or Christmas vlogs. She seems the type of person that would do that.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Another one of her videos popped up on my YouTube feed. It said last family swim of the summer part one, does a family swim video really warrant more than one part? She hasn't grasped the art of editing yet. I do think she wants her own show but she is not interesting enough.

You're missing out! Part two was posted a few days ago. Not that I've watched either. Thy seem too booooring!

She doesn't realise that videos should be topical and relevant. I've no interest in watching a summer themed video when I'm all curled up waiting for Christmas. It's like reading a three day old newspaper - it's just old!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

I thought the same. Then she explained in some comments that she wroke a hand and couldnt edit videos for months thats why they are posting the old videos now. But it could be an excuse.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, Snowberry said:

You're missing out! Part two was posted a few days ago. Not that I've watched either. Thy seem too booooring!

She doesn't realise that videos should be topical and relevant. I've no interest in watching a summer themed video when I'm all curled up waiting for Christmas. It's like reading a three day old newspaper - it's just old!

Exactly, she needs to watch other videos and see what people actually want to watch go from there. She doesn't need to copy others but at least take ideas of what gets likes and positive comments.

She could have gotten someone else to upload them for her in the Summer, her videos are out of place. I still have pictures in my Camera from going to Friendsfest and a Celtic game a few months back but I'm not someone who is blogging about my daily life and I don't always put personal pictures on social media so it makes no difference to me when I upload them.

• Upvote 4

So in the last video they showed the sons wedding. You could see it was only a civil ceremony, nothing religious. Someone actually asked about this in the comments and she replied.

Taina Licciardo-Toivola: No church wedding. We are not (very religious) as you think. Our beliefs are what the Word of the Living God says! Go and read the King James Version Bible and there you will find the Truth.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Haha, I've just seen part of the wedding video they posted yesterday. They're desperate for Converse sponsorship, aren't they?!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, kiwi said:

Screams cult to me!

Yep. You know what other family doesn’t get along well with other churches? PP’s church. They practically hate everyone that doesn’t think exactly like them. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

She broke her hand and couldn't edit  and that is why she's doing mass uploads months later. They aren't religious, despite the known connection to a cult. These things ring as true as her 4 year old having bottle rot tooth decay from a cold she had while pregnant. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

She broke her hand and couldn't edit  and that is why she's doing mass uploads months later. They aren't religious, despite the known connection to a cult. These things ring as true as her 4 year old having bottle rot tooth decay from a cold she had while pregnant. 

I agree she lies a lot, still is weird that they dont do home church, i mean the father could have officiated the wedding, thats what usually fundies that dont agree with any church do. I dont think we have ever seen any fundies that dont think religious wedding is necesary.

Maybe they are just waiting for the cult leader grandmother to officiate the australian wedding ceremony, and the father doesnt actually have any authority, with would be really interesting.

Edited by llucie
correcting
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, kiwi said:

Screams cult to me!

Being watching documentaries on cults on the crime and investigation channel and she definitely gives me the vibes of someone in a cult.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Also i just remembered, i read here that the son meet his wife, Jenna, at church(i suposse they explain this in some video, i have not watched all because they are so boring and long). How can that be if they dont attend any church? so many inconsistencies with this family, its like they make stuff up as they go.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

There is a video up now. Part 1/2. D'artagnan getting Dreads. The kids ( - Leonardo) are in the Salon for 4 hours! Why did she just leave him there and pop out with the youngest ones for a while! Jerusalem could have stayed behind to film. Shakespeare is seen holding his nose because of the smell of perm img lotion.

Are real Dreads permed into place? Seems odd. 

• Upvote 2

I skipped through the video, too long with nothing much happening and it’s only part 1?

I looked up dread perm after the video and it’s a technique used on silky hair, other people make videos on that in under 5 minutes. 

Edited by Lotsofdots
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1