IGNORED

Finnish-Australian Vegan Doomsday Cult Family of 12

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

If I had to guess, the video was censored for "child nudity" for showing the babies in their diapers. I personally don't agree that children in diapers is nudity, but people are extremely sensitive to children showing their upper and/or lower halves unclothed in videos and photographs on the Internet, for better or worse, and it was probably reported. I've seen similar issues with kids in just their underwear. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OGEmoji said:

I'm wondering how easy it is to immigrate to Finland?  Most countries only allow you to gain citizenship if you have something to offer, like an in demand skill or degree. It sounds like Finland has very strong social welfare programs, which would require a productive tax base. Presumably they wouldn't just open their arms (and benefits) to a family of 12 who don't work? Surely one of the parents has a valuable skill beyond incubating.

I think Taina is Finnish by birth, but lived in Australia since her teens at least. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

What a creepy family.

I'm assuming Taina is a Finnish citizen by birth and as such I believe it would be reasonably straight-forward to return with a family. She may have registered her Australian-born children as Finnish citizens as well. Husband may have had to apply for residence permit on the basis of family. Of course, depending on how deeply Australian he is, he might actually already have British or Irish citizenship, in which case as a EU citizen he could just move in, no questions asked. Social security would not kick in immediately for any of them, however. But after living in Finland for a while they would certainly qualify. Child benefit is neither means-tested nor taxable income, but would not be nearly enough to live on.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Sister_Wife said:

I think Taina is Finnish by birth, but lived in Australia since her teens at least. 

Thanks, that makes more sense. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

I am a long time lurker and just had to post cause This family turned up on my YouTube just a day before they were first discussed here. And now they are all over! Was surprised to see them commenting on „life with beans“ who are another big vegan family but definitely far from blanket training and really respect different ways of living. 

• Upvote 2

On 11/19/2018 at 9:46 AM, Sisterlyparrot said:

Wrt to nefertiti’s guitar, it’s not just a regular pink guitar but a Fender which run at £3500+. She’s mentioned it in at least three videos and it’s definitely some kind of weird status symbol - like, my four year old can’t even hold this up but she’s definitely going to be a genius so it was worth it. Idk. 

My flatmate also pointed out that the ‘babies’ all sleep in the parents bedroom so we’re assuming they were conceived in front of their siblings? 

Honestly what freaks me out most is how much she babies Nefertiti. She’s 4 and clearly quite smart but she’s still blanket trained, in a cot (despite having her own bedroom???), drinking bottles, in nappies at night...

I agree that nefertiti is very much babied, but, being in a diaper overnight is not a part of that.  Bed wetting isn't something you can just choose to change...it's 100% normal for a 4-year-old to not be night trained yet.  Our doctor doesn't suggest doing any of the night training interventions (like underwear alarms and medications) till at least 8 years old, cause many kids still wetting the bed at 7 end up outgrowing it on their own without interventions.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

On a site called The Gossip Bakery (sorry I can't link), there is a video of her husband sermonising from a different kitchen. He is very creepy. He had obvious eye problems, haven't a clue what or why. 

He was born in Peterborough in England but grew up in Australia. The two older boys look like him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Just want you guys to know I am loving this thread and all the interesting things you’ve posted. We’ve just moved and have no proper internet (just mobile data) so I’ve only watched one video but I am hooked.

i have nothing interesting to add to the conversation but thankful you all do! What a fun family to follow!

• Upvote 2

I couldn't help but feel bad for little Aphrodite, when her mother is leading her into the middle of the water balloon fight and then the next clip is her crying (silent footage) while Jerusalem comforts her? She is such a cheery trusting toddler, I didn't like seeing that.

I know it's funny when it's family/friends and you all gang up, but something about her being so little and her distress being filmed felt a bit wrong, I guess.

• Sad 1
  • Love 2

They’re CREEPY. I was looking at the older, married son’s Instagram. He and his wife definitely have the heroin chic/Kate Moss aesthetic going on. I would not be surprised at all if they’ve got plans to make a go at modeling. His Instagram is all pics of him looking chiseled and pretty.
But the wife looks like she’s a kid, and the video about being married at 18 made my skin crawl.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, bea said:

They’re CREEPY. I was looking at the older, married son’s Instagram. He and his wife definitely have the heroin chic/Kate Moss aesthetic going on. I would not be surprised at all if they’ve got plans to make a go at modeling. His Instagram is all pics of him looking chiseled and pretty.
But the wife looks like she’s a kid, and the video about being married at 18 made my skin crawl.

Definitely trying...
https://www.modelmanagement.com/model/jenna-licciardo-smith/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 3

Like the rest of you, their videos came across my feed. I'm horrified but can't look away. Some of it is the mom's eyebrows: Please STOP microblading and penciling them in. What is up with that? I agree with those of you who suggested that she's had work done (not that there's anything wrong with some Botox here and there, etc.) but the end result - - is it too shiny, too expressionless?

OK, enough with the pettiness about her appearance. I'm all for eating healthy and have been a pescatarian for decades. But when feeding scads of kids you must be more careful and thoughtful about it. Little ones need to be fed with more frequency.  I've never heard of oat milk. Vegans need to be even more careful about combining things to obtain complete proteins. 

I guess I need to watch more of her videos . . . 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

The resemblance between this woman and Yolanda Hadid (formerly Yolanda Foster, exwife of David Foster, of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills fame) is uncanny to me.  I believe Yolanda is Dutch, but both women have prominent cheekbones, and the white blond hair, dark eyebrows thing going on.  And Yolanda has for sure had work done so their resemblance leads me to believe that there are at least some Botox and fillers going on here. 

51D3BD2A-37DD-482F-BED4-D2F1D8144AFB.jpeg.26ee19d52861a4a2221160b44eaab530.jpeg

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, kiwi said:

She looks like a totally different person

Omega’s birth vs after

4a528875481f974e6e77fe6504220835.jpg

Sorry but I too looked like a completely different person just after giving birth compared to when I'm all made up. I don't find it evidence of anything really.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, kiwi said:

She looks like a totally different person

Omega’s birth vs after

4a528875481f974e6e77fe6504220835.jpg

Its the eyebrows, they change so much your face. If you cover her eyebrows i dont think she looks that diferent to be honest.

• Upvote 2

On 11/13/2018 at 1:40 PM, Anonymousguest said:

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you, as I see these terms being confused and misused all the time. It's only a slight annoyance, but thought I would clarify.

Positive reinforcement is adding a stimulus. It can be either pleasant or unpleasant, rewarding or punishment. Both giving a treat (reward) and giving a spanking(punishment) are positive reinforcement. 

Negative reinforcement is removing a stimulus, and can also be either reward or punishment. Turning off the alarm clock in the morning- reward, it stops the annoying noise.  On the other hand, losing recess because the class was too noisy is punishment because it is removing a pleasant stimulus. 

Does that make sense? Think reward vs punishment instead of positive vs negative. 

This is not correct (psychologist here and I teach the course 'Learning' at a large university). This error you have made is the one that is going to drive me crazy when grading finals in a couple of weeks because it will show exactly what students did and did not attend class because I absolutely grind this concept into their brains.

The terms positive and negative refer to whether a stimulus is added or removed. The terms reinforcement or punishment refer to whether a stimulus increases or decreases a behavior. 

Reinforcement is always rewarding (what is rewarding or not depends on the person or animal). Reinforcement ALWAYS INCREASES the probability of that behavior occurring again.

Punishment is always not rewarding (again, depends on the person or animal). Punishment ALWAYS DECREASES the probability of that behavior occurring again.

The context and what the person/animal finds rewarding or punishing is why things that are intended to be reinforcing can end up being punishing or vice versa. The intent does not matter. It is whether it increases or decreases the target behavior. This is why you will hear about kids who are craving attention engaging in negative behaviors and the punishments not working- because when there is no positive attention going their way, then even the negative attention can be reinforcing (i.e. increasing the rate of problem behaviors).

Positive means you have added a stimulus to either reinforce or punish a target behavior.

Examples:

Positive reinforcement- a child gets verbal praise for cleaning up their toys (the verbal praise is the stimulus added to the situation to increase the probability in the future that the child will do that behavior again because it is rewarding to be praised)

Positive punishment- a child gets a spanking for talking back to a parent (the spank is the stimulus added to the situation to decrease the probability in the future that the child will talk back to the parent again- as a side note, we know that physical punishment is only good long term for immediate compliance)

Negative means you have removed a stimulus to either reinforce or punish a target behavior.

Examples:

Negative reinforcement- the example of spanking from the perspective of the parent is a good one for this. Parent spanks child for talking back or arguing, talking back and arguing stops, this is going to increase the probability of a parent spanking again in the future because it makes the irritating or rude behavior go away. (so here, spanking led to the removal of the aversive stimulus of arguing- and that is reinforcing for the parent)

Negative punishment- Siblings are fighting over the same toy, parent removes the toy and puts it in a cabinet so no one can play with it. Here, the parent has removed the stimulus of the toy, decreasing the probability of the children fighting over the same toy again as they'll learn that then neither get to play with it.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

I've never heard of oat milk. Vegans need to be even more careful about combining things to obtain complete proteins. 

Oat milk is the Nordic alternative to soy milk and comes in plain, fortified, chocolate, barista etc. versions. Quite popular and entirely normal.

Her videos are far too long and boring to watch so cannot really comment on their diet... I am in a couple of Finnish vegan facebook groups, but as far as I can tell this family has not been discussed there at all, so it seems they are possibly not doing anything too weird.

• Thank You 3

On 11/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, VBOY9977 said:

Yep. She was suggested to me too earlier today, before I had even seen this thread here 

Me too!  I was gonna come and post about it, and saw Youtube had already alerted the other freejingerites. :tw_sweat_smile:

On 11/19/2018 at 9:40 PM, OGEmoji said:

I'm wondering how easy it is to immigrate to Finland?  Most countries only allow you to gain citizenship if you have something to offer, like an in demand skill or degree. It sounds like Finland has very strong social welfare programs, which would require a productive tax base. Presumably they wouldn't just open their arms (and benefits) to a family of 12 who don't work? Surely one of the parents has a valuable skill beyond incubating.

Others have said she was born in Finland, which would make sense.  My father's father was born in Sweden, and although my father was born in the U.S., I know that he would have been eligible to receive Swedish citizenship because of his father's place of birth.  My dad never bothered to apply for it though, and he has since passed on.  I know that law/rule dosen't apply to grandchildren though, which is a bummer. ? (I checked)

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 2

HThat’s a screenshot I took off the Cleopatra’s singing contest video from 5 years ago. Taina did indeed look like a different person back then. The massive cheekbones of hers seem to be entirely manmade.

4f9dff8a61caad38a9dbca6fbc207ca0.jpg&key=b4aa9ff11c1a2fe9b921742c1abf82eb23671792b3aff75186df147ba69293f7

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

So, admittedly I was a BEC about Taina's appearance / make-up routine, etc. Maybe it was because the whole package struck me as odd. Or maybe the "shiny-ness" of the family is odd? Or her seeming love of being on camera (posing) - I'm not sure, but something makes me cringe a little.

I'll add that I also enjoy a type of minimalism - - not exactly like Taina's esthetic; mine draws more from Japanese influences. That said, I have no children in the house. My dog and 2 cats have more toys than her kids. 

I will admit to feeling peaceful when looking at her interiors . . . but it just doesn't match the realities of having scores of children spanning their age ranges. I would need to add a library room / study (love of books) and I hope they have a toy / play room somewhere they're not showing.

• Upvote 2

DAFUQ. How do these people survive????? Where does the money come from? and OMG does the dad not look like Santa fresh outta rehab?

Plus. Vegans. Damn.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I have watched some parenting vlogs on YouTube, a lot of them have good organisation tips, but her videos are just strange to me. No family is that perfect and usually the ones that try and present themselves that way are the ones that have something to hide.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6