IGNORED

Finnish-Australian Vegan Doomsday Cult Family of 12

PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea

4 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I feel like there's an easier way to address children being too involved in an activity than moving the whole kit and kaboodle across the world. There's definitely something else up there. 

ETA: Thinking about it while I was drying my hair, I think that moving to Finland was a move to isolate the kids and the family in general. It's a classic abuse tactic, and what could be more isolating than moving to a different country with little knowledge of the language?

I assumed they speak Finnish, if she's speaking English to the kids in the videos I've seen I can't understand her, lol. I got the impression she speaks English for the purpose of the video. I haven't seen her speak English to the little ones at all, but I haven't watched many videos, and I don't speak Finnish so can't say for sure that's what they are speaking. 

Whoops, sorry @llucie I should have read more before replying i said almost exactly what you already did! 

Edited by Anonymousguest
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

She speaks English with an Australian accent. She speaks Finnish to the younger children. The younger children appear to be bi-lingual. 

• Thank You 1

A caption in one of the videos states that the 30 minutes a day they're allowed to watch TV is a Finnish lesson. 

• Thank You 1

I’ve seen the older children speak Finnish with the younger kids. I know a few bi lingual families and they all say they the early years are important with the second language. I saw Taina mention something similar in a comment, she mostly uses Finnish with the little ones for the first few years and then English is picked up easily as it’s the Families main language anyway. 

As for the birthday decor etc.... if you spend any amount of time on IG, you’ll see this is totally the norm for birthdays right now with Insta Mummies. Way over the top, matchy matchy, looks great in photos, low originality....

the Hide and Seek video was removed, someone said it had a community guidelines strike. I didn’t get to watch the whole think so maybe someone else has some insight into that. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/15/2018 at 2:41 PM, Imagine said:

The kids have also had growth issues, where some of them have been growing too fast and some too slow. Some people are quite concerned if their vegan diet is in balance and the kids get enough protein and all the other things.

And yup, sorry for my rusty writing skills in English ?

I'd bet anything that if there are growth issues a lot of it has to do with replacing food with bottles of oat/soy/nut milks.  No 3 year old (4 now, I guess, from today's vid) should be getting bottles at 3am and 6am, especially bottles of vegan milk.  A vegan diet can absolutely be healthy, but not if you are skipping too many meals due to too many bottles.

18 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

I think he's a builder or electrician (its mentioned now and then in the vlogs), I'm not sure what his wife does...

Agreed. And I tried to do the same thing! I forgot D'artian (sp?) and Romeo. ?

I've been stalking them a little bit, the culture clash is fascinating to me and I can see them sucking me in with familiar accents and blonde kiddies ?

I think his wife might be a "model", not a well known one or anything, but, I seem to remember her being referred to as a model multiple times.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Sister_Wife said:

As for the birthday decor etc.... if you spend any amount of time on IG, you’ll see this is totally the norm for birthdays right now with Insta Mummies. Way over the top, matchy matchy, looks great in photos, low originality....

When we still lived near family and stuff (and my kids were little enough that guests at their parties were our friends and family, more so than their friends and family) we had really elaborate birthday parties and that was long before instagram and pinterest existed.  I went way over the top once and turned our entire living room into a life sized candyland board one time, and the kitchen into a candy buffet.

Edited by Jillian
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I'm super keen to throw a big party for my future littles, and I will probably turn to Instagram for ideas ? I don't think it would've been too hard when they're used to cooking for a crowd and a lot of the treats were quick/simple (lots of lollies, popcorn and 'ballerinas' (marshmallows on sticks)). That sugar crash with four under four though... definitely not envying that!

It was mentioned they get welfare... how the heck did they justify/manage to buy a brand new pink guitar for their four year old??? Like yeah sure teach them music, but those things aren't cheap. Surely they had an old one lying around that they could paint pink?

4 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

?

It was mentioned they get welfare... how the heck did they justify/manage to buy a brand new pink guitar for their four year old??? Like yeah sure teach them music, but those things aren't cheap. Surely they had an old one lying around that they could paint pink?

Well why not if they can afford it? It doesn't matter where the money came from, it's theirs to use how they see fit.

About receiving welfare...Several of  the benefits that were mentioned are not income dependent. Housing allowance is but with so many minor children you can have other  sources of income and still get some. Everyone with  underage children in Finland gets child benefits (I do too although  we are both working) and everyone with toddlers that aren't in daycare can get childcare allowance (so did I when the kids were little).  I've certainly always  thought that I could use the money to buy pink guitars if I wanted to as long as the children's other needs were taken care of. 

I googled pink children's guitars and found some that cost around 30-35 euros. It seems affordable enough.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

On 16 November 2018 at 11:54 PM, Sister_Wife said:

I’ve seen the older children speak Finnish with the younger kids. I know a few bi lingual families and they all say they the early years are important with the second language. I saw Taina mention something similar in a comment, she mostly uses Finnish with the little ones for the first few years and then English is picked up easily as it’s the Families main language anyway. 

the Hide and Seek video was removed, someone said it had a community guidelines strike. I didn’t get to watch the whole think so maybe someone else has some insight into that. 

What is a community guide line strike? 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

What is a community guide line strike? 

Per youtube: 

Community Guidelines strikes are issued when our reviewers are notified of a violation of the Community Guidelines. This includes but is not limited to videos that contain nudity or sexual content, violent or graphic content, harmful or dangerous content, hateful content, threats, spam, misleading metadata, or scams.

And they can be appealed.

My best guess on Taina - and I did not see the video - child nudity, child endangerment or dangerous content, or scam.

Or just very, very strange.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

52 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Per youtube: 

And they can be appealed.

My best guess on Taina - and I did not see the video - child nudity, child endangerment or dangerous content, or scam.

Or just very, very strange.

I saw the video and it was probably a false strike because there was none of that i dont think, the woman searching (the son wife) looked inconfortable, but that is not reason enought to give a strike. It was her looking around the house searching for people hiding basically, nothing violent, or endangering. Maybe there was a baby in diapers but to me thats not nudity.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I just saw some videos tonight thanks to YouTube suggesting. I watched part of 3 videos, including the one where the kids are glued to the mat, and moved on. I fid't figure out much & didn't want to. Then, I come here and what do you knoe, a whole thread about them! 

I don't watch a lot of YouTube so I am not knowledgable-how do they determine suggestions? I don't watch any fundie, Australian, or mom channels.

So weird.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I guess because some of the hiding spots could be dangerous? I think there was someone in a fireplace and someone inside a bed (like the mattress lifted up and he hid in a hollow space below it).

On 11/17/2018 at 7:48 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Well why not if they can afford it? It doesn't matter where the money came from, it's theirs to use how they see fit.

That's fair. I did make the assumption that they were struggling on welfare and might not have been able to afford it. I don't know about their financial situation (or really much about any child benefits) and I shouldn't have made that assumption, especially when things like the cruise/s prove that's not necessarily the case. I was just rather surprised! My sister's guitar (not electric) was upwards of 100$, and my impression of new instruments tended to be that they were super expensive.

I think part of that might have been because I'm used to the 'buy cheap, save the difference!' mentality of the Duggars, so it was odd to me to see them buy something new.

Edited by DundeeUnFundie
Further clarifying a comment
  • Upvote 5

On 11/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, tankgirl said:

Thank you, this was who I was trying to remember in the "worst named kids" category.

I also wonder what she did or who she paid, to get all these views? The fact so many of you had her suggested today and her numbers have jumped so high in a few days does not seem a coincidence.

Can you pay for promotion / followers / view counts on Youtube like you can pay for supposed followers on Twitter? The sheer number of people in many different online communities who have seen this woman just this month and are now talking about her - - - all after suggestions by YouTube - - - this is not an "organic" bump in viewership. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Can you pay for promotion / followers / view counts on Youtube like you can pay for supposed followers on Twitter? The sheer number of people in many different online communities who have seen this woman just this month and are now talking about her - - - all after suggestions by YouTube - - - this is not an "organic" bump in viewership. 

She definitely did SOMETHING to get suggested to everyone, I don't think anyone knows what she did though.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, DundeeUnFundie said:

I guess because some of the hiding spots could be dangerous? I think there was someone in a fireplace and someone inside a bed (like the mattress lifted up and he hid in a hollow space below it).

That would be a dumb reason to block a video, there was not any danger there really. And i dont think youtube cares about that, when there is people doing really dangerous things (seting furniture on fire, swimming with sharks, etc) for views and the videos are there on youtube. In fact they are the ones that usually trend more easily and are more promoted by youtube.

4 hours ago, Jillian said:

She definitely did SOMETHING to get suggested to everyone, I don't think anyone knows what she did though.

Nobody knows how youtube algorithm works and why sometimes it suggest some videos to everyone, its not the first time i see it happening so i would not be surprised if she didnt do anything, because as far as i know there is no way on youtube to do what people are suggesting. Like i follow some youtubers that discussed this and they said there is no way to buy promotion on youtube, that they wish it was an option or that youtube would at least explain how the algorithm works but youtube is keeping it secret.

Edited by llucie
  • Upvote 2

I don’t think they’re making money off YT as there’s no adverts in the videos?  Money is usually made when people have to watch ads in the middle of content ?‍♀️

Taina is a Poser. I watched Neferetiti's birthday video. She was constantly pulling her hair over her shoulders and checking it was positioned just so. I'm still convinced she is Botoxed and has cheek filler.

• I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 11/16/2018 at 1:09 PM, llucie said:

i asumed they are all bilingual in finish and english, if they were homeschooled by the mother and she is a finish native speaker, they may even have finish as the native language. In the blogs they all seem to speak finish between them and english only for the blog, but i cant tell how good they speak finish or if they have an accent because i dont know the language.

I'm confused about the language thing too - in the video of Cleopatra singing her accent strikes me as a non-native English speaker who learned it at a young age. But she was born in Australia and had to have lived there until she was a pre-teen/early teens.

I could be totally off on that, though, if she's just pronouncing things strangely when she sings. She's obviously trying to imitate other singers so that's possible. She does clearly speak Finnish (though no clue how well!).

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Taina is a Poser. I watched Neferetiti's birthday video. She was constantly pulling her hair over her shoulders and checking it was positioned just so. I'm still convinced she is Botoxed and has cheek filler.

The few I actually watched, she really creeped me out. She just puts the camera on her face and stares. Straight ahead, without talking, smiling, or anything else. Just dead staring. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Wrt to nefertiti’s guitar, it’s not just a regular pink guitar but a Fender which run at £3500+. She’s mentioned it in at least three videos and it’s definitely some kind of weird status symbol - like, my four year old can’t even hold this up but she’s definitely going to be a genius so it was worth it. Idk. 

My flatmate also pointed out that the ‘babies’ all sleep in the parents bedroom so we’re assuming they were conceived in front of their siblings? 

Honestly what freaks me out most is how much she babies Nefertiti. She’s 4 and clearly quite smart but she’s still blanket trained, in a cot (despite having her own bedroom???), drinking bottles, in nappies at night...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

IMO ( from comfy seat in Starbucks on particularly windy day) Taina is most definitely hoping for a TV show. She is different from other known large families. Something doesn't sit right with me, unless she really does come from Planet Unicorn and has supernatural powers. She may have a house keeper? Hubby keeps out of sight but is  extremely well house trained? The older kids do everything a la Duggarville and RodPod?

So many questions but no answers as yet. 

• Upvote 9

Crazy, I saw this thread here today, and YouTube suggested this family to me a while back too (probably about the time the thread was started, like everyone else)... I only watched part of the morning routine video though

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Lotsofdots said:

I don’t think they’re making money off YT as there’s no adverts in the videos?  Money is usually made when people have to watch ads in the middle of content ?‍♀️

I dont think they had the views or followers to be able to monetice their videos until very recently anyway, like in the last month is when they had gained all the subscribers basically. You need to have at least 1000 subscribers, 4000 hours of watched content and at least 10000 views to start moneticing. But i will be surprised if they dont do it now that they reached the numbers because it seems such a well planed channel... like its not an "i want to casually share some videos to my family" the banner, the editing, even the fact they pre-recorded all this material and are uploading months later screams i want to be a youtuber.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

I'm wondering how easy it is to immigrate to Finland?  Most countries only allow you to gain citizenship if you have something to offer, like an in demand skill or degree. It sounds like Finland has very strong social welfare programs, which would require a productive tax base. Presumably they wouldn't just open their arms (and benefits) to a family of 12 who don't work? Surely one of the parents has a valuable skill beyond incubating.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4