IGNORED

Dillards 69 : Write Your Own Joke Here

HerNameIsBuffy

Honestly, all things considered, Jill would be lucky if Derick was a little more like Jim Bob. She would have a man who actually adores her. It is obvious Jim Bob thinks he won the lottery when Michelle married him. It’s the reason I think Michelle has always been the one driving the crazy train. I bet she could get him to do whatever she wants. Also, Jill would be lucky to have someone who actually works to support their family. Jim Bob and Michelle worked hard before the show started and seem to still be doing their rentals/flip business. Jill has been married maybe three or four years and Derick seems to only have worked six months or so of their marriage. I have a hard time believing he will go to work after law school. I figure he will then go for his LLM to kill time.

As far as Jill watching his lectures, I don’t believe for a minute she understands what is being discussed. I had great grades in high school and college and I was lost the first year of law school. Also, she isn’t going to see him in class unless he is sitting in the first row. There is likely just a fixed camera pointed at where the professor stands. I think her post was just a way to brag about her husband being in law school, which I don’t understand why it would make anyone envious.

As others have stated, Jill is likely bored, friendless and has no idea what to do when no one is giving her directions. I think she will always be sitting around waiting for Derick to bring her happiness. She will never seek it for herself. I don’t think she even knows that is a possibility. 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/13/2018 at 4:47 AM, SapphireSlytherin said:

I've sat through engineering-oriented lunch programs, and I heard all the words, but I do not have the ability to translate what I heard into something I can use - and I am a lover and user of words in my day-to-day existence. I write and promote and strategize in my line of work, but there's no way I could listen to a structural/civil/mechanical engineering lecture and "learn something" useful about this type of engineering, other than relating what I heard -- you'd certainly not want me to try to translate what I heard into a set of construction drawings because... come on! That's ridiculous! And potentially deadly. lol

I have yet to understand what an engineer says. I swear they don't speak English. The shitty part is that they THINK they're speaking English and I have to translate their gibberish into a set of construction drawings, and make them understandable to the engineer who doesn't speak English and refuses to understand that I had to translate the gibberish into not only english, but some sort of graphic. 

3 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

And seriously what’s up with them sitting on the same side of the table? Do any of you do that on dates? Why? Isn’t it nicer if you can see your partner? I get it if you’re somewhere really loud so you can’t hear. But she writes in the comments that they always prefer it.

They are so awkward. 

The guy I was kind of dating this time last year did that. He got on my nerves fairly quick (honestly, I probably would have pulled the plug if I hadn’t been largely bored with the rest of my life and I hadn’t been so tickled at being with someone so much younger than me), and I remember one outing where I got really annoyed by it and asked him why he always did it. He said it was because it made all the other boyfriends look bad, and when I pointed out that he wasn’t my boyfriend, his response was “yeah, but they don’t know that.” ?

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I have yet to understand what an engineer says. I swear they don't speak English. The shitty part is that they THINK they're speaking English and I have to translate their gibberish into a set of construction drawings, and make them understandable to the engineer who doesn't speak English and refuses to understand that I had to translate the gibberish into not only english, but some sort of graphic. 

Are you a technical writer/artist? My husband is an engineer, and  I just recently started taking a technical writing program at his suggestion  because I can usually decipher whatever nonsense he is throwing at me :)

When I was writing my BA thesis, I specifically sought out people who had zero background in what I was writing about to help me proofread (which wasn't hard because I was writing about 1980s Chinese literary movements), because I figured that if someone who knew little if anything about Chinese literature could follow my writing and point out places where I could explain or argue something more clearly, I wasn't getting too bogged down in jargon (which does have a place and a purpose) and I was doing a good job getting my point across. I did the same thing for my MA thesis.

9 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

And seriously what’s up with them sitting on the same side of the table? Do any of you do that on dates? Why? Isn’t it nicer if you can see your partner? I get it if you’re somewhere really loud so you can’t hear. But she writes in the comments that they always prefer it.

This way she can cling into his arm easily... Seriously, I think this is the reason they sit like that all the time.

Like someone said earlier, I don't understand why she doesn't go to the TTH if she's so lonely and bored out of her mind. Of course she could be going there all the time and just chooses not to post about it, but I don't think so. Why post about your every damn lunch date or grocery shopping trip but not about the house and family you used to love so much? It's not like your family suddenly wants all the privacy from social media! 

About her watching Derick's classes... She probably wants to feel included in Derick's new student life and "attending" classes with him is a way for her to do that. It wouldn't surprise me if she also wishes to see a glimpse of him. I just don't get how a SAHM with young kids and all the homeschooling, laundry, errands, "cooking", child raising training etc. she is expected to do will have time for stalking her husband and watching classes she probably doesn't understand or isn't interested in.

They probably don’t even realize how fucking weird sitting on the same side of the table when it is just the two of them makes them look. Or else they assume people see it as sweet or romantic. It isn’t. I guarantee every server they have ever had has given them a hard side eye. And every restaurant patron assumes that Derick must have recently been released from jail (he’s clearly not a military man) for them to be so clingy on each other like that. 

It might also make people assume they’re fiddling with each other under the table. Because sitting side by side isn’t the most comfortable position for actually speaking to each other, so what are they doing that requires such a seating arrangement? Seriously, it is so weird. No one in their right mind thinks it is cute or romantic.

It’s just one more juvenile idea of romance that these stunted fundies cling to long after they ought to have matured beyond it. I think it is yet another superficial public display of how much better their godly romance is than the rest of ours, just like the hashtags praising the Best Hubby Ever.

Thanks to their Godly courship they’re sooooo close and sooooo in looove, you guys don’t even know! You poor heathens who actually dated your partners are probably not NEARLY as in love as they are!!! 

Meanwhile the rest of us look at behavior that and think “lol sure you are, sweetie. Have fun with that.” 

Come on, you guys, you're being so hard on them!  How are they supposed to take 100 selfies if they sit like normal people?

If they did that the poor server would have to take their pic every time they stopped by the table!

3 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

This way she can cling into his arm easily... Seriously, I think this is the reason they sit like that all the time.

Like someone said earlier, I don't understand why she doesn't go to the TTH if she's so lonely and bored out of her mind. Of course she could be going there all the time and just chooses not to post about it, but I don't think so. Why post about your every damn lunch date or grocery shopping trip but not about the house and family you used to love so much? It's not like your family suddenly wants all the privacy from social media! 

About her watching Derick's classes... She probably wants to feel included in Derick's new student life and "attending" classes with him is a way for her to do that. It wouldn't surprise me if she also wishes to see a glimpse of him. I just don't get how a SAHM with young kids and all the homeschooling, laundry, errands, "cooking", child raising training etc. she is expected to do will have time for stalking her husband and watching classes she probably doesn't understand or isn't interested in.

I find it interesting that people (not just you!) are saying Jill should go hang out at her parents’ house more when Jessa has been criticized on here in the past for doing just that. 

I’m guessing that watching the lecture was more of a way to help her feel included. It was also probably a decent way to help Izzy understand where his dad has been going during the day. It might be a bit confusing for him since he may have been used to having Derick home more. And I’m a SAHM, so I’d guess that Jill likely does what I do with videos and music - you watch what you can and just let it run as background noise while you do other stuff (like cook, clean, play with the kids, etc.)

18 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

How can they afford all this eating out? Why is Jill wearing the mustard coloured pregnancy sweater?  Why didn’t Jill take a shower before dinner?  So many questions!!

Hide contents

BB8B0E23-36B3-44B0-8C4F-044106A68C16.jpeg.f0827e7781cf94746e28698a50541241.jpeg

To answer your questions with questions:

1. Gift cards or grifting for the win? :dance:

2. Its fall and she’s cold?

3. Is there a reason you’re assuming she didn’t? She looks fine to me.

I wish sitting on the same side of the table was acceptable. My husband and I both like to sit where we can see everyone and people watch. One of us always ends up with our back to the restuarant since we do the socially appropriate thing and sit on opposite sides. 

15 minutes ago, JingerSnaps said:

I wish sitting on the same side of the table was acceptable. My husband and I both like to sit where we can see everyone and people watch. One of us always ends up with our back to the restuarant since we do the socially appropriate thing and sit on opposite sides. 

Just sit on the same side and screw what anyone else thinks. I’m going to give you the best piece of advice I ever got: don’t waste your time trying to be normal when you could be happy.

I'm probably late to the party on this one, but in Jill's post for 'Spaghetti Pie', she says she was hanging out with Cathy and Dan 'a lot' before she had even met Dillwank in person?  They were still at the 'talkin'' stage and he was in Nepal.  

That just makes the whole thing even weirder.  

Sometimes,I will sit next to Mr Melon,sometimes opposite him.

I have disgree,though.Jill is smiling like Michelle,but I think she favors JimBob.She  is like the female version of him.I hope I made sense.

9 hours ago, TZmom said:

Are you a technical writer/artist? My husband is an engineer, and  I just recently started taking a technical writing program at his suggestion  because I can usually decipher whatever nonsense he is throwing at me :)

I've done tech writing (blech) but I am a mechanical designer/drafter. I'm the one who draws the "technical" pictures of whatever so someone else can build it. The upside of my current job is that I'm the engineer/designer/drafter all in one. That's why the account execs and project managers ask me dumb questions all the time. 

20 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Just sit on the same side and screw what anyone else thinks. I’m going to give you the best piece of advice I ever got: don’t waste your time trying to be normal when you could be happy.

I totally would. Mr. Snaps refuses. But I am not going to find fault in Jill and Derrick for something I wish was socially acceptable. Derrick is a total jerk that goes after trans teens. Jill I just feel sorry for on numerous levels. Their dinner seating arrangements are the least of their problems. 

I see couples sitting on the same side of the table all the time. I find it a common occurrence. I don’t think it’s weird or a big deal. If it wasn’t J & D, no one would give it a second thought. 

59 minutes ago, JingerSnaps said:

Don’t care about what’s socially appropriate, just sit wherever who want.

1 hour ago, JingerSnaps said:

I totally would. Mr. Snaps refuses. But I am not going to find fault in Jill and Derrick for something I wish was socially acceptable. Derrick is a total jerk that goes after trans teens. Jill I just feel sorry for on numerous levels. Their dinner seating arrangements are the least of their problems. 

I love your user name!!

I see couples sitting on the same side of the table all the time, but it still seems so strange to me! Of course, do what makes you happy, but it just seems like it would be so uncomfortable to try to have a face-to-face conversation with someone directly next to you rather than just looking at them from across the table. Too much head turning involved ?

I often sat on the same side as my ex boyfriend because it was one of the only times he would hold my hand. With another ex-boyfriend, he was super clingy and we were always glued to each other because of it even though it stressed me out. Others? We sat on opposite or same side depending on the mood and situation.
I don't get all the hate for it, Jill and Derick's siblings even say they are the most clingy couple. If they're both fine with it and it's a personal decision what difference does it make?

There is no way that Jill is actually watching his class to learn something.  You guys give her too much credit!  She is cyber stalking besthubbyever.  

What we should snark on more is how they can afford to live when neither one works.  Dejerk has only worked about a year since graduating college!  How do they eat out so much?  He is so not hubby material.  What a deadbeat.

So if she is watching his classes online, could that mean her accompanying OffJill to class did cause some trouble?

15 minutes ago, squiddysquid said:

So if she is watching his classes online, could that mean her accompanying OffJill to class did cause some trouble?

There is no reason to believe that was an issue at all.

They were allowed visitors on those days, which I think is stupid but whatever ... it's a thing the professor allowed.  I highly doubt they would put classes online just for Jill because they didn't want her in class.  They'd have just killed visitors days if that was the issue, the idea of a professor providing her a way to be with him online is unthinkable to me.

3 hours ago, JingerSnaps said:

I wish sitting on the same side of the table was acceptable.

It is. Do whatever the fuck you want to. Non-fundies do it also. The critics ain't paying for your meal!

7 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Maybe Derick doesn't want her to.  I'm starting to think of her as a child of a divorced/separated couple.  The relationship really began between JB and Derick, and I think they put a ring on it with Jill.  Now there are little children involved and the honeymoon seems to be long over.  I suspect Derick is getting - or trying to get - some distance from Duggar life (as well as a new career option) via law school, and JB is paying the bills.  Jill seems to want everything to look and be nice, which I can understand.  I don't think that she and Derick are especially compatible though, nor do I think that JB and Derick are going to get their old feeling back.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived