IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Be assured the hot cheese and the alcohol kill all germs that might be transferred. 

Only if the cheese is literally boiling hot. 

This is not me trying to be a BEC . I am legitimately glad to see how Joy looks in recent pictures. Not a fashion thing and I know she's a new mom, but she just didn't look healthy to me there for a little while.  To me, it went beyond the 'tired' new mom.  But she looks brighter--not mentally--like her eyes have life in them. 

On 11/13/2018 at 12:48 AM, Shadoewolf said:

Cacique is carried at Lane Bryant

My absolute favorite in terms of fit, support, comfort, quality, and price. 42DDD here. We have these random bra discussions in various threads from time to time, I hope newer members find them helpful. I have absolutely nothing to say about Joy's appearance. If I showered when mine was a baby, it was a good day.

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

My absolute favorite in terms of fit, support, comfort, quality, and price. 42DDD here. We have these random bra discussions in various threads from time to time, I hope newer members find them helpful. I have absolutely nothing to say about Joy's appearance. If I showered when mine was a baby, it was a good day.

Yes!!!!!! I love Cacique!!!  Comfortable, supportive, cute patterns (that's not a deal breaker but I'm so used to big bras being plain that I get excited by their patterns lol) I highly recommend that brand!!

12 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

This is not me trying to be a BEC . I am legitimately glad to see how Joy looks in recent pictures. Not a fashion thing and I know she's a new mom, but she just didn't look healthy to me there for a little while.  To me, it went beyond the 'tired' new mom.  But she looks brighter--not mentally--like her eyes have life in them. 

Same. I think that she and Austin likely went through a rough patch (because nothing livens up a marriage like a shrieking goblin that constantly sprays bodily fluids uncontrollably), and now they've gotten the new routine down pat and have had more time with each other. I also think that neither of them particularly like the spotlight (Joy clearly didn't want the giant wedding she was basically railroaded into having -- I think she and Austin would have been happy with a courthouse and BBQ kinda shindig, but that's not an option in Fundie/Duggar Land), and keeping a lower profile seems to be a positive thing for them.  

I'll weigh in on the fondue debate, because I'm pregnant and it sounds delicious right now. Per my experiences with Swiss fondue etiquette: if there are enough skewers, you simply eat the bite, not touch the skewer with your mouth and continue on. If there aren't enough and you are sharing, one of you does the piercing/ dipping and puts it on your shared plate and continues on to try and claim the most cheese. My DD (designated dipper) and I won, consistently, because I did not care to try and take my own turn, just let the food come to me. 

Really, if it's cheese or chocolate fondue, just cut the offerings small enough that double dipping isn't an issue. 

Chips and salsa? Can't tell you the last time I've had it where someone hasn't immediately said, "Mind if I double dip?" It's set down before water at most places here, so if somebody minds, extra salsa for them is requested so they can double dip to their heart's content. 

I hope fondue has been introduced at the family camp as some sort of growth exercise of family management.

9 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Same. I think that she and Austin likely went through a rough patch (because nothing livens up a marriage like a shrieking goblin that constantly sprays bodily fluids uncontrollably), and now they've gotten the new routine down pat and have had more time with each other. I also think that neither of them particularly like the spotlight (Joy clearly didn't want the giant wedding she was basically railroaded into having -- I think she and Austin would have been happy with a courthouse and BBQ kinda shindig, but that's not an option in Fundie/Duggar Land), and keeping a lower profile seems to be a positive thing for them.  

I didn't think these two looked as off as many others did, they looked fine to me, but it is very possible that Joy had a bit of PPD, and is now coming out of it. They probably have a nice routine, G is sleeping well at night and they can spend time together when he's in bed for the night.  

Then figure in that they have huge medical bills for her c/section that they have to pay off. Instead of their cheap home birth they now have $25/30K in medical bills to pay. That is a lot of money, especially for 2 kids with out jobs and a lifestyle that says you MUST be debt free at all times.

45 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I didn't think these two looked as off as many others did, they looked fine to me, but it is very possible that Joy had a bit of PPD, and is now coming out of it. They probably have a nice routine, G is sleeping well at night and they can spend time together when he's in bed for the night.  

Then figure in that they have huge medical bills for her c/section that they have to pay off. Instead of their cheap home birth they now have $25/30K in medical bills to pay. That is a lot of money, especially for 2 kids with out jobs and a lifestyle that says you MUST be debt free at all times.

I wouldn't consider these 2 to be without jobs, flipping houses is a legitimate way to make money. Maybe without regular paychecks would be more accurate?

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:24 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

My friend would put headphones on her son at baseball games, but their are normal folks and don't have eleventy thousand siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends around at all times. Little man is  2 1/2  now and takes them on and off if he doesn't like the noises or just because he's 2 1/2 and he can.

Its a question of if its loud enough to damage hearing if you need to wear hearing protection. Not if you are used to noise.  If you have to shout to be heard the noise is over 85 db and protection should be worn.

Hopefully, since they are self employed, they bought health insurance. Health insurance is so important. The city I work for recently dropped their plan and decided to buy into the state plan. The state plan for SC is so horrible. It makes me want to cry when I think about it. The city’s good affordable insurance is what attracted me the job on the first place now it’s gone. 

All these Duggars make such adorable kids. It’s distracting us from their awful belives. I think it’s some kind of conspiracy. Maybe Jesus really is on their side ... :shifty-kitty:

4 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

All these Duggars make such adorable kids. It’s distracting us from their awful belives. I think it’s some kind of conspiracy. Maybe Jesus really is on their side ... :shifty-kitty:

Seriously though they are all exceptionally cute kids for the most part. Especially josh and jessas ....genetics are crazy

On 11/15/2018 at 11:45 PM, cascarones said:

Chips and salsa? Can't tell you the last time I've had it where someone hasn't immediately said, "Mind if I double dip?" It's set down before water at most places here, so if somebody minds, extra salsa for them is requested so they can double dip to their heart's content. 

Really?  Just break the chip in half before dipping if you want salsa on more than one corner.  I've never had a dinner-mate ask about double-dipping (and I haven't noticed them doing it either).   

Kids and sleeping. My monsters could sleep anywhere, any time. Noise, light, didn't bother them one whit. The joke was/is that you could explode a bomb and they wouldn't move. Turns out that's literally true for #1 son. He slept through a mortar attack in Iraq. It's waking them up that's the challenge, preferably done from long distance with a long stick to poke/prod them. 

My daughter and I are both umm...grumpy...in the morning. When they were here, she and I both just sort of grunted at each other, a couple of fuck you's, and then not a word until we had our coffee. Her husband and mine both sorta laughed...and M said "now I know where she gets it from". You wouldn't believe what it took to get Mr. Xtian to understand that if he tried to talk to me before the first cup of coffee he was going to get the death glare and be told to STFU. He finally gets it. 

Regarding the "fuck you's" ya gotta understand our family to understand that it's not really an insult around here...but we're weird as fuck so...

I know we've kind of moved on from bra talk... but I've been eyeing the third love bras but for those who have purchased, how is sizing? Is their quiz recommendation usually right on? 

2 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I know we've kind of moved on from bra talk... but I've been eyeing the third love bras but for those who have purchased, how is sizing? Is their quiz recommendation usually right on? 

I'm curious, too - I hate that the advertising saturation is working but they are on almost every podcast I listen to.

5 hours ago, Casserole said:

I looked at the website and now I get a ton of emails and online ads from them. I’m thinking about buying one if they have a good Black Friday deal.

21 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

I looked at the website and now I get a ton of emails and online ads from them. I’m thinking about buying one if they have a good Black Friday deal.

ugh sooooo many emails. they're definitely annoying. 

I took the size quiz a few months ago and it recommended the same size I was wearing and the t-shirt bra. I re-did it recently and it gave me a new size and recommended the plunge neckline. I have about 4-5 bras in rotation that are all slightly different sizes depending on brand so I assume I told the quiz about a different bra last time lol. I know they're obviously very good with returns/exchanges for sizing, but now I'm wondering which advice to go with.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:15 PM, Knight of Ni said:

Hopefully, since they are self employed, they bought health insurance. Health insurance is so important. The city I work for recently dropped their plan and decided to buy into the state plan. The state plan for SC is so horrible. It makes me want to cry when I think about it. The city’s good affordable insurance is what attracted me the job on the first place now it’s gone. 

I am on the state plan in SC too, it is awful. Before I go to my kid’s well visits, I have to research and be prepared to decline services that my pediatrician considers standard (like vision and hearing screenings) because the state health plan won’t pay for them. And every time I call with a question, I swear I get a different answer! Ugh. 

On 11/17/2018 at 1:00 PM, Casserole said:

I was super excited to order because I have a small band but large cups. I took their quiz and answered everything honestly and put in my too-small VS bra size (32DD). The one they sent (I forget the size) was too small and created the dreaded "quadruple boob." 

I ended up just getting a full coverage barely lined 32F from VS instead.

I really like the bras from American Eagle/ Aerie. I don't know that anyone else has mentioned them, but they usually are on sale and I seriously will not buy other brands. I wear a 36D if that helps. Also, if you buy five bras (even on sale) over time, you get a sixth one for free. 

27 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

I really like the bras from American Eagle/ Aerie. I don't know that anyone else has mentioned them, but they usually are on sale and I seriously will not buy other brands. I wear a 36D if that helps. Also, if you buy five bras (even on sale) over time, you get a sixth one for free. 

I agree. There is nothing better than AE bras/undies.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived