IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Isn’t that why they do it? Most women can postpone weight loss until they’re done having babies, but fundies have to lose the weight before the next pregnancy (and the next, and the next...).

I know they do it because they want fast results, but these diets are generally both ineffective and unhealthy. Subjecting themselves to this crap is super unlikely to give them the results they want, whereas if they maintained healthy diet and exercise routines before, during and after their pregnancies they’d probably find it a lot easier to maintain a healthy weight.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Isn’t that why they do it? Most women can postpone weight loss until they’re done having babies, but fundies have to lose the weight before the next pregnancy (and the next, and the next...).

The real problem, IMO, is if they're doing these fad diets or restricting food to lose "baby weight" postpartum, they aren't really replenishing the stores of nutrients and resources their bodies lost making a baby... and then they're going to continue to be perpetually pregnant and just keep losing more resources each time to the next baby since the body will give necessary things to the kiddo before the mom. 

For fundies, especially, the time between pregnancies should be filled with whole foods; colorful fresh fruits and veggies and protein and healthy fats to restore depleted vitamins and nutrients. 

So far none of the Duggar girls is pushing them out year after year though. The need for c-sections likely has played a part, but having to care for an infant probably has also factored in. I remember when my young 20  YO SIL got married and loudly proclaimed her desire to have 7 kids, has her first in that first year of marriage and then waited, by choice, 12 years to have her second and last kid...I won’t be surprised if some of these couples back way off the reproduction express train. 

I've been seeing a few people raving about 'coffee' and how it's improving their lives, but like mentioned above, no names, etc.  I don't drink it so, have no inclination to even ask ... does anyone know about that MLM?

9 hours ago, Smoochie said:

I've been seeing a few people raving about 'coffee' and how it's improving their lives, but like mentioned above, no names, etc.  I don't drink it so, have no inclination to even ask ... does anyone know about that MLM?

Yes! It’s been absolutely LIFE CHANGING! I’d be SO HAPPY to share what I know with you! Just send me a DM and I’ll tell you about how I wound up looking so fabulous so fast! #toteslegit #momboss #notascam #seriouslynotascam #iswearitisntascam #jesuslovesthemall

40 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

Yes! It’s been absolutely LIFE CHANGING! I’d be SO HAPPY to share what I know with you! Just send me a DM and I’ll tell you about how I wound up looking so fabulous so fast! #toteslegit #momboss #notascam #seriouslynotascam #iswearitisntascam #jesuslovesthemall

You forgot #bestcoffeeever

1 hour ago, VelociRapture said:

Is that last hashtag Jesus loves them all or Jesus loves the mall? 

Why would he love the mall if you dont have a kiosk for this wonderful product there???

12 minutes ago, BachelorToTheRapture said:

Is that last hashtag Jesus loves them all or Jesus loves the mall? 

Why would he love the mall if you dont have a kiosk for this wonderful product there???

It’s supposed to be “Jesus loves them all,” but it clearly resembles “Jesus loves the mall.” FJ first picked up on it thanks to Carlin Bates - she used it on an Instagram post a while back and a bunch of us thought it was hysterical for that very reason. :pb_lol:

Hey hun! ?‍♀️ Congrats  on the new baby!! ??? You've probably seen ? my posts about Covfefe(tm)!! ? And OMG! ? Girl, this supercharged gluten-free vegan keto drink* has totally changed my life!! ? Since starting Covfefe(tm) ❤️ last month I've already lost 40 lbs!! ?? without changing my diet ???? or exercising ?️‍♀️ at all! You lose the first 20 lbs in week 1 as Covfefe(tm)  purges the toxic sludge from your colon! ?? After that you lose 5-25 lbs per week depending on how many cups  of Covfefe(tm) you drink! ?‍♀️ I couldn't help but notice you're looking super fat ? and tired ? in those photos taken just after your C-section, hun! ?‍♀️ Covfefe(tm)  gives me the energy of an 8-year-old ?‍♀️ and a lady last week said she couldn't believe ? I'd just had ? a baby ? 2 months ago bc I look just like Kate Middleton! ?‍♀️ Your baby gets Covfefe(tm)  through the breast milk ? which prevents autism ?? and vaccine injury ?! ? And it improves your sex life ??? and will keep your man from straying! ??‍❤️‍?‍???? If you sign up with me today I can give you a once in a life discount of only $79.99 per month!!! ? and if you get to diamond plaid platinum double status ? you could be earning over $60,000 per month!!! ?? Love ? being a #bossbabe!! ?‍♀️? Covfefe(tm)  literally saved my life ?‍♀️ and my marriage ? and saved my baby ? from autism ? and ADHD ?? ? Just let me know when you wanna join, hun! ?

16 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Hey hun! ?‍♀️ Congrats  on the new baby!! ??? You've probably seen ? my posts about Covfefe(tm)!! ? And OMG! ? Girl, this supercharged gluten-free vegan keto drink* has totally changed my life!! ? Since starting Covfefe(tm) ❤️ last month I've already lost 40 lbs!! ?? without changing my diet ???? or exercising ?️‍♀️ at all! You lose the first 20 lbs in week 1 as Covfefe(tm)  purges the toxic sludge from your colon! ?? After that you lose 5-25 lbs per week depending on how many cups  of Covfefe(tm) you drink! ?‍♀️ I couldn't help but notice you're looking super fat ? and tired ? in those photos taken just after your C-section, hun! ?‍♀️ Covfefe(tm)  gives me the energy of an 8-year-old ?‍♀️ and a lady last week said she couldn't believe ? I'd just had ? a baby ? 2 months ago bc I look just like Kate Middleton! ?‍♀️ Your baby gets Covfefe(tm)  through the breast milk ? which prevents autism ?? and vaccine injury ?! ? And it improves your sex life ??? and will keep your man from straying! ??‍❤️‍?‍???? If you sign up with me today I can give you a once in a life discount of only $79.99 per month!!! ? and if you get to diamond plaid platinum double status ? you could be earning over $60,000 per month!!! ?? Love ? being a #bossbabe!! ?‍♀️? Covfefe(tm)  literally saved my life ?‍♀️ and my marriage ? and saved my baby ? from autism ? and ADHD ?? ? Just let me know when you wanna join, hun! ?

I’m dead!!!! :laughing-rolling:

And I 100% immediately thought of Jessa Seewald when I saw all those emojis! 

On 12/22/2018 at 11:46 AM, WiseGirl said:

I'm guessing it is Rodan and Fields based o  the eyelashes and skincare spiel.  You know fabulous eyelashes for a mere $150.

I have a high school friend who recently started selling Rodan and Fields via FB.  In all else, I really like her but no way am I going to risk my eyes in the hope for longer lashes.  I read too many "what went horribly wrong" stories, thanks but no thanks .

5 hours ago, singsingsing said:

LOL it appears I've created a monster  ... however, one of the funniest posts I've seen and I'm not going to lie, I've seen some of the 'claims' above on her FB posts!

At my checkup after my daughter was born the Dr gave me a prescription for “something to help take off the baby weight “!   Benzedrine and dexatrine!!!  I was picking lint off the carpet at 3 AM!  But I lost weight.  You can’t get that stuff anymore but back then Dr’s handed that crap out like crazy!  Some days I could do with just one little benny!  (Just kidding). Then came Valium, we were the wired generation for sure!  We know better now. ( those of us who survived)

1 minute ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

At my checkup after my daughter was born the Dr gave me a prescription for “something to help take off the baby weight “!   Benzedrine and dexatrine!!!  I was picking lint off the carpet at 3 AM!  But I lost weight.  You can’t get that stuff anymore but back then Dr’s handed that crap out like crazy!  Some days I could do with just one little benny!  (Just kidding). Then came Valium, we were the wired generation for sure!  We know better now. ( those of us who survived)

Holy Shite!

8 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

I have a high school friend who recently started selling Rodan and Fields via FB.  In all else, I really like her but no way am I going to risk my eyes in the hope for longer lashes.  I read too many "what went horribly wrong" stories, thanks but no thanks .

One of my best friends starting selling it, and in our age bracket we are all in our mid to late 40's, so wrinkles and aging is high on our list. So I was mildly interested until she told me the prices. OMG hundreds of dollars. There is no way I would spend that for a "skin care system." I feel fancy when I use nutregena. Once, I got a sample Estee Laduer aging kit and I thought it would be amazing, but it smelled so bad. I was kinda glad because I was afraid I'd like it and want to switch to it. ?

On the topic of MLMs, the tacos for life lady briefly featured on counting on for a baby shower posted on instagram something about some makeup, and in the comments made a joke that seemed like it was at the expense of MLMs, which I thought was wild because she's all about the Juice Plus stuff.Its nice to see a sense of humor there, but I'm confused how you could have that sentiment and still be involved in that stuff. I thought her joke was kindof funny:

kristennicoleyoung

@kevin.barnard just sign up and pay 17 payments of $250 and order a thousand products and get 200 people to sign up and then you get money it’s awesome

kristennicoleyoung

@kevin.barnard that’s all!!! Literally so easy!!!

On 12/30/2018 at 12:59 AM, Smoochie said:

It's probably ItWorks! Which is a weight loss thing that says "keto coffee" although I think coffee is keto anyway. Weight loss supplement, laxative bullshit. 

My brother in law's grandson's grilfriend sells  coffee for weight loss.They have hot chocolate and I think tea also.

But it's $50 or more.

She posts pictures of her weight loss,all from drinking coffee.

My sister in law says she,my sister in law can't really tell if the grandson's girlfriend has lost any weight.

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, EmmieJ said:

I have a friend who sells doterra oils. I have said it before - if using oils helps you relax and therefore you find yourself getting sick less? Good for you. 

But every time I post anything about how this cold is a pain in my arse - she's like "ooh - essential oils! This blend! PM me!!" 

GAH. 

The daughter of one of my cousins seeks young living oils.  She’s also nursing twins born earlier this year.  And recently self diagnosed strep.  Then went on Facebook to ask for advice on how to heal naturally listing all the oils she’d used.  My unposted advice was to go to the doctor.  Another of my cousins replied to use tea tree oil which shockingly wasn’t on her list.  I had to back away from the whole mess because it made me screamy.  I use oils for things but honestly, when I think I’ve got a respiratory infection I go to the doctor.  (It probably won’t shock anyone here that this is an anti vaxxer)

I hate oils. So many people think because they're natural it's okay to use them in public spaces, I've even seen them used on an airplane! Many smells trigger migraines for me and a lot of the oil blends soon have me vomiting and struggling to read or remember basic, necessary things. I've seen this from people who don't spray perfume in public because they understand people have issues with that, but think because oils are natural no one could have an issue. Ugh.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:47 AM, bethover89 said:

On the topic of MLMs, the tacos for life lady briefly featured on counting on for a baby shower posted on instagram something about some makeup, and in the comments made a joke that seemed like it was at the expense of MLMs, which I thought was wild because she's all about the Juice Plus stuff.Its nice to see a sense of humor there, but I'm confused how you could have that sentiment and still be involved in that stuff. I thought her joke was kindof funny:

kristennicoleyoung

@kevin.barnard just sign up and pay 17 payments of $250 and order a thousand products and get 200 people to sign up and then you get money it’s awesome

kristennicoleyoung

@kevin.barnard that’s all!!! Literally so easy!!!

Girl, everyone can see you're wearing mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick. That's not a "barely there" look. You look nice, but you are not serving some Meghan Markle no-makeup-makeup. 

Also, Josie Balka promotes Adel as well. Are they like Morphe for fundies? 

I'm sorry - "Whole make up look you can barely see." Girl, what? I can clearly see your lip stick, mascara, and the fact that you have caked on a ton of blush from here. 

19 hours ago, melon said:

My brother in law's grandson's grilfriend sells  coffee for weight loss.They have hot chocolate and I think tea also.

But it's $50 or more.

She posts pictures of her weight loss,all from drinking coffee.

My sister in law says she,my sister in law can't really tell if the grandson's girlfriend has lost any weight.

Wait.... WHAT? I thought the posts about coffe were sarcasm. I mean it’s coffee. Please tell me you are just spinning the joke on or I will once and for all lose any faith in our future.

or did I get it wrong and coffee is a brand name???

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived