IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

I had two planned c-sections so it was all very civilized and I was awake and didn't find it traumatizing in any way. I always felt terrible for women who had laboured for like 30 hours without sleep to then be wheeled into the OR. I'd have slept too!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, mpheels said:

Some of the newer cosmetics MLMs are using the super secret strategy as well. I have a Facebook friend (old college coworker) who just started selling *something*. I know she loooooves working with so many #amazing women, and is super excited to run her very own “independent” business. I assume it’s a cosmetics company because she post a lot about the AWESOME changes in her skin and eyelashes. I know all these half facts about this #opportunity, but I have no idea what company it is. The entire marketing strategy is based on the most obnoxious form of vaguebooking. 

I'm guessing it is Rodan and Fields based o  the eyelashes and skincare spiel.  You know fabulous eyelashes for a mere $150.

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It's an MLM, so they're not supposed to name the company or the product unless it's in a private message. Most people know what MLM schemes are now and very often call them out. The consultants often can't defend themselves, so now it's all secrets and *wink wink* stuff. I would say it's mostly with the weight loss ones, I see a lot of Scentsy/Younique/Mary Kay stuff still being floated around on Facebook but the weight loss ones have gone more private. 

I gotta I'm so used to JRod and her Almighty Throne to Plexus that this is the first I've seen an MLM be NOT in your face. In my social media I still see a lot of Beautycounter and Rodan & Fields shilling, none of it secret. 

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I'm guessing it is Rodan and Fields based o  the eyelashes and skincare spiel.  You know fabulous eyelashes for a mere $150.

I think it might be NuSkin.  I have a friend who sells R+F and she is very (very) vocal about what she is selling, how good the product is, etc, etc.  I have another friend however who sells NuSkin and she is constantly posting about amazing "eyelash products" and "Toothpaste", but never says what the name of it is.  You have to contact her to find out.

A friend from college is currently posting about Plexus. It’s a miracle and all natural etc. Another friend used to post a lot about Rodan+Fields. It’s amazing how good Plexus can make your skin look with the help of Snapchat filters. 

I get trying to do whatever it takes to make ends meet. I have a few friends that do R&F but they don’t post all the time about it. I just got my first Plexus person, fundie of course. The one that is huge here is Juice Plus. It must be like a cult. It is insane what these people are doing and how they think these pills are magically healing them.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:23 PM, Knight of Ni said:

A friend from college is currently posting about Plexus. It’s a miracle and all natural etc. Another friend used to post a lot about Rodan+Fields. It’s amazing how good Plexus can make your skin look with the help of Snapchat filters. 

I do love me a good Snapchat filter.  Easier and cheaper than makeup. :pb_lol:

My friend started selling juice plus a few years ago and I tried it for a few weeks and it was not that great, working in fast food didn't help me though. 

My local leisure centre runs a free weight loss class that combines nutrition and exercise, it was on when I had a class but from January I'm available so I've decided to sign up to it for weight loss.

On 12/24/2018 at 3:04 PM, Glasgowghirl said:

My friend started selling juice plus a few years ago and I tried it for a few weeks and it was not that great, working in fast food didn't help me though. 

My local leisure centre runs a free weight loss class that combines nutrition and exercise, it was on when I had a class but from January I'm available so I've decided to sign up to it for weight loss.

You mean it didn’t cure you of everything, drop 40 pounds, and kept you from ever being sick?

46 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

You mean it didn’t cure you of everything, drop 40 pounds, and kept you from ever being sick?

Well then, if it doesn’t work like a miracle then obviously you’re not Godly enough! Riiiiiight.

4 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

Well then, if it doesn’t work like a miracle then obviously you’re not Godly enough! Riiiiiight.

Exactly!! As soon as you start taking it you must post on social media obnoxiously about it and the fact you are blessed and it is a gift from god. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t been to church in 30 years. 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

I ended up with a C-section with munchkin. She had been head down the whole time but decided last minute to flip sideways causing her to go into distress. After a long labor (30+) hrs, I was beyond exhausted and frankly so out of it. (Mostly because of no sleep, and an epidural) I admit I fell asleep during the initial surgery and woke up in time to hear her cry. On one hand, I am ashamed to admit that I fell asleep during the surgery, yet on the other hand; my sleep deprived mind needed to sleep for a bit. Was I wrong in doing that? I got to see her, and hear her cry...... Have I failed as a mama for not being awake during that surgery? Sorry if I am not making sense.

My first story is similar to yours (labored for hours before being whisked to the OR) and by that point I was so out of it as well. I'm honestly not sure if I fell asleep or not, I was just in a haze. My second c-section was planned, I was wide awake (thought the whole process was kinda cool actually, but I'm weird like that) and I remember her cry much more clearly than my first daughter's. And you know what, at the end of the day it honestly didn't make a lick of difference (at least, not to me). I don't feel like I somehow did a better job the second time or anything, so while you are definitely entitled to feel how you feel and come to terms with it in your own way, I personally don't think either of us failed because we weren't 100% present for the entire surgery.

Your body needed to take a minute and recharge- that's not failing, that's actually you doing what you needed to do to be more present for your baby. Sounds to me like you did, and are doing, a great job.

On 12/25/2018 at 2:11 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I do love me a good Snapchat filter.  Easier and cheaper than makeup. :pb_lol:

facetune all the way for me lol

He is a very happy little guy, chilling with Uncle Justin, looks like they had some Christmas at the TTH as well.

I'm trying to imagine the level of reverb in that massive tin house. As someone with profound hearing loss in 1 ear things like that make me crazy, I can't process background noise, echoes in big open spaces, it all comes back to me as chaos and overwhelms me after awhile. I think this "family room" would make me a very anxious and uncomfortable person.

On 12/23/2018 at 10:16 PM, grandmadugger said:

I get trying to do whatever it takes to make ends meet. I have a few friends that do R&F but they don’t post all the time about it. I just got my first Plexus person, fundie of course. The one that is huge here is Juice Plus. It must be like a cult. It is insane what these people are doing and how they think these pills are magically healing them.

I had a friend of a friend "friend" me on Facebook who is into Plexus. Religious man but not fundy considering he is gay. He is a real nice guy and hasn't pushed it on me at all. 

Late, but being 21 years old and expending money on products because you feel like you have to lose baby weight is such a deep level of Fundie Gender Hell. :my_confused:

1 hour ago, nickelodeon said:

Late, but being 21 years old and expending money on products because you feel like you have to lose baby weight is such a deep level of Fundie Gender Hell. :my_confused:

Especially when there is no education to go along with the torture. Do they just expect that an undereducated 19 YO just out of her father’s thumb for the first time in her life to actually make good choices regarding diet and exercise? I think most realise that food is the ultimate control item.

2 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

This  spending money to stay thin isn't exclusive to Fundy women, and you don't have to be postnatal to need to lose a little weight, weight loss is a multi billion dollar industry. 

36 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

This  spending money to stay thin isn't exclusive to Fundy women, and you don't have to be postnatal to need to lose a little weight, weight loss is a multi billion dollar industry. 

I don't disagree; we are all in a kind of gender hell these days (though I remain optimistic that it's only a gender purgatory!) But fundamentalism applies a weird double pressure to 1) submit your body to the transformations of pregnancy on a near-constant basis for THE LORD and 2) employ your energy and resources to undo the signs of having been pregnant so as to "meet the needs" of your husband, the scrutiny of the media, and THE LORD. And you're 21.

It seems so fruitless to do these strict/extreme/fad diets to 'lose the baby weight' when you're planning on being pregnant over and over again anyway. I don't get it. It's always 100x better to try to embrace healthy diet and lifestyle changes that you can actually sustain, but especially when you're planning several future pregnancies...

I think it took me around nine months to lose the weight I put on with my daughter. That’s a completely normal length of time, but I’ll admit that there were times I felt a bit frustrated about it and started comparing myself with other moms who dropped it faster. I had to remind myself a few times that everyone is different and that being healthy was more important than fitting into my old clothes immediately. My daughter is now 2 and I actually weigh a little less now then I did before my pregnancy, but that’s because I started treatment for Hypothyroidism this summer. I was already at a healthy weight, so losing a few pounds was just a bonus effect of the medicine. The real benefits are feeling a bit healthier and being able to actually eat normal sized portions without putting on a little weight. 

I wish someone would sit Joy - and all these young Fundie moms - down and explain to them that fad diets aren’t going to lead to sustainable weight loss. It’s better to first try a combination of diet and exercise (and drinking a healthy amount of water) because it’ll improve your overall health even if the scale doesn’t budge and then speak with a Doctor if their efforts aren’t paying off - a Doctor can possibly help them determine whether their body is at a healthy weight already or if there may be something else going on impacting their efforts (like Hypothyroidism.) 

There's a great podcast about MLMs called "The Dream". I hate those things and how they seem to prey on the most vulnerable people by selling this impossible dream that they can work from home and make a bunch of money. Even those that are successful at it get that way by basically exploiting the people that sign up under them. ICK. I once got tricked into a lunch with a friend that turned out to be an Amway presentation and I was pissed. I also had a coworker who constantly barraged me on Facebook with a different scheme each month. Obviously none were successful or she wouldn't be trying a new one so often! 

And the diet stuff makes me sad. Fad diets just don't work (maybe for 3-6 months, but inevitably people can't sustain them), and so many fad diets are masquerading around as "lifestyle changes".  

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

It seems so fruitless to do these strict/extreme/fad diets to 'lose the baby weight' when you're planning on being pregnant over and over again anyway. I don't get it. It's always 100x better to try to embrace healthy diet and lifestyle changes that you can actually sustain, but especially when you're planning several future pregnancies...

Isn’t that why they do it? Most women can postpone weight loss until they’re done having babies, but fundies have to lose the weight before the next pregnancy (and the next, and the next...).

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived