IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

41 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Hi, I never post in this thread so forgive me for butting in, but my immediate impression was that they are asking a bit too much money for a 1600 square foot house in Bella Vista! Everything in there is from Lowe's, and the size and location should mean the asking price is too much, unless there's some kind of magnificent view or something I'm not seeing. I live about two hours from there in a similar area and I think I even recognize the company that built the house. I  don't think it's worth more than 175,000, personally. Although it does look nicely finished. There's nothing wrong with Lowe's countertops and tubs, it's nothing high-end is all.

Pardon me for sticking my nose in. I saw house pictures and got interested!

I think that this is a house that Austin and Joy built themselves, at least that’s what Joy said in an IG story 

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

Hi, I never post in this thread so forgive me for butting in, but my immediate impression was that they are asking a bit too much money for a 1600 square foot house in Bella Vista! Everything in there is from Lowe's, and the size and location should mean the asking price is too much, unless there's some kind of magnificent view or something I'm not seeing. I live about two hours from there in a similar area and I think I even recognize the company that built the house. I  don't think it's worth more than 175,000, personally. Although it does look nicely finished. There's nothing wrong with Lowe's countertops and tubs, it's nothing high-end is all.

Pardon me for sticking my nose in. I saw house pictures and got interested!

And I saw the photos and thought I should relocate my entire extended family to Arkansas! That house would be well over a million in my area. 

11 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

And I saw the photos and thought I should relocate my entire extended family to Arkansas! That house would be well over a million in my area. 

Same with my area. 

I don't think it was over priced, the housing market in my area is similar to NW Arkansas and a house that size, brand new even in a rural area would go at a minimum of $230k in a more populated area it would be around $330-$350k

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I don't think it was over priced, the housing market in my area is similar to NW Arkansas and a house that size, brand new even in a rural area would go at a minimum of $230k in a more populated area it would be around $330-$350k

It's just a bit overpriced in my opinion, because Bella Vista is not a prime location. We paid $75,000 for a slightly smaller house quite close to Branson in a similar market. Not as nice inside, though! 

@Whatthefundie if they had it built, I'd assume they used a local building company. Built-Rite is all over this area doing custom builds for people, and then you can go in and do the inside how you like it. I took building it themselves to mean something like that?

Between shilling her sister-in-law's MLM, shilling her in-laws' campsite, and shilling her husband's properties, Joy's doing a lot of hustling! The Forsyths have wasted no time reaping the benefits of having a semi-celebrity in the family.

13 minutes ago, nickelodeon said:

Between shilling her sister-in-law's MLM, shilling her in-laws' campsite, and shilling her husband's properties, Joy's doing a lot of hustling! The Forsyths have wasted no time reaping the benefits of having a semi-celebrity in the family.

At least Austin is working for that money, not just straight up grifting for it like Derrick and Jeremy. Someone in Austin's orbit is giving these two good advise, use their bit of celebrity to get their business going so they will have a business to support them when their celebrity fades.  I wouldn't call it shilling her husbands properties, I'd call that smart marketing, she is however shilling that garbage MLM for her SIL.  If Austin wants to support himself & his family by building/flipping & selling houses I have no issue with his wife using what ever (legal) means she can to sell those houses.  I can't bash these two for actually working when no one else in her family seems to be doing that, just relying on daddy and show money.  

It's a reasonably nice house for first try but does look cheap to me for several reasons. First, the windows in the front (except the one by the door) are all too narrow/small. Looks off. Second, the kitchen flooring leading to the living room looks terrible. Runs in opposite directions and doesn't match at all. Third, the carpeting in the bedrooms looks like very cheap industrial carpet. Fourth and biggest issue is the main bathroom, if you look at the shower, it's very poorly done. The tiling goes only as far as the shower head, then above it is regular drywall. Not only does it look terrible and sloppy but you're going to get water damage and mould there REALLY fast. Why the hell would you cheap out on at most another foot or two of flooring around? It's a small shower, should have been a very minimal cost.

I don't know if it's reasonably priced since I live in the most expensive real estate market in the country. On my street, that house would go for 7 figures.

I'm in MO and a home like this in my medium sized city would sit for a long time at 200-225k. They do try to sell it for that, but unless it's in the absolute best neighborhood and has perfect finishes, it's not going to sell for that. Our COL is higher here than in NW AR. They build way too many of these 1600sqft slab homes with trendy mid-grade finishes. $127/sqft is high, even for a new slab home, in this part of the country IMO.

In general though, good for them for doing real work and it doesn't appear to be half-assed work either. And maybe they know something about this market that means they're not too far off or maybe the price they'll accept would be a fair bit lower.

8 minutes ago, theotherelise said:

I'm in MO and a home like this in my medium sized city would sit for a long time at 200-225k. They do try to sell it for that, but unless it's in the absolute best neighborhood and has perfect finishes, it's not going to sell for that. Our COL is higher here than in NW AR. They build way too many of these 1600sqft slab homes with trendy mid-grade finishes. $127/sqft is high, even for a new slab home, in this part of the country IMO.

In general though, good for them for doing real work and it doesn't appear to be half-assed work either. And maybe they know something about this market that means they're not too far off or maybe the price they'll accept would be a fair bit lower.

You're so right! I don't know what part of MO you're in, but we're experiencing a overabundance of this type of home. The construction companies are making bank, though, building little subdivisions everywhere like mushrooms!

I think flipping or building and selling houses can be a good honest living. I'd be surprised if they sold it for over 200k, is all.

2 hours ago, AtlanticTug said:

It's a reasonably nice house for first try but does look cheap to me for several reasons. First, the windows in the front (except the one by the door) are all too narrow/small. Looks off. Second, the kitchen flooring leading to the living room looks terrible. Runs in opposite directions and doesn't match at all. Third, the carpeting in the bedrooms looks like very cheap industrial carpet. Fourth and biggest issue is the main bathroom, if you look at the shower, it's very poorly done. The tiling goes only as far as the shower head, then above it is regular drywall. Not only does it look terrible and sloppy but you're going to get water damage and mould there REALLY fast. Why the hell would you cheap out on at most another foot or two of flooring around? It's a small shower, should have been a very minimal cost.

I don't know if it's reasonably priced since I live in the most expensive real estate market in the country. On my street, that house would go for 7 figures.

My husband is in the construction business, he works on a lot of higher end new construction (for our area which is Central Iowa), so anything at $500k and over. He's a plumber and does the trims on these houses. He will occasionally over see a bunch of lower end homes, helping out supervisors who are on vacation and stuff, and he said that most of the homes under $300k here are built fast and super cheap, with everything I've seen over the years of what is selling and going up around here, that house looks like a typical lower end builder. The tile only going up to the shower head is typical around these parts, and the carpet looks like typical builder grade cheap shit carpet that they all use, unless you pay extra.

I'm weird I know this, but I like the way the tile is in the kitchen going into the living room. I like it going opposite directions, breaks up the two rooms  better and gives it a better division IMO, Only thing I would change if that was my house was all that carpet would be gone in the bedrooms and replaced with high quality carpet, the halls would be the wood planking, oh and the cabinets would be more slate gray and the counter tops would be cement or quartz, i don't like granite. 

The house looks fine.  Not to my taste, and I feel like they tried to execute many trends but did so a bit sloppily (shutters on the outside windows aren't really sized right and so they look off, I wish the floor blended better between the kitchen and the living room as the change from grey to dark warm hardwood is very abrupt).  It's not terrible, but it does look like a house that was flipped not only by flippers, but by younger/inexperienced flippers.  

Spoiler

fd7eb080-6f0c-0134-1875-060e3e89e053.gif

@Georgiana I could probably use that GIF about ten times a day! 

P.S. did you change your avatar? I don't remember you looking like King James! 

1 minute ago, Lisafer said:

@Georgiana I could probably use that GIF about ten times a day! 

P.S. did you change your avatar? I don't remember you looking like King James! 

I love Bravo gifs!  This is probably my favorite Real Housewives gif, and it is me every time I go into a thread I know is going to be a mess:

Spoiler

de22ad40-e946-0133-2437-0e1b1c96d76b.jpg

I can't remember when I changed my avatar, but I found this one by watching the Civilizations documentary on Netflix.  I like this depiction of King James because he's pouty and upset that he's not as awesome as the Mughal Emperor Jahangir, who commissioned the work and in the work is ignoring Jimmy, preferring a Sufi cleric.  

Here is the full image, for anyone curious:

Spoiler

image.png.48206e62bd23743b5688902b2e1b0f76.png

On 1/28/2019 at 9:18 AM, Mama Mia said:

Same. A friend recently bought a co-op studio for more than that.

Oh dear, that flooring has activated my ocd. ?  That tub is in the least relaxing spot and the shower is just one of those one piece'rs that I see advertised on TV to cover your old shitty tile. Kitchen is so white. Least of the issues as I'm assuming they can be painted. That floor line tho!  Rufus bless it! 

3 hours ago, Beermeet said:

Oh dear, that flooring has activated my ocd. ?  That tub is in the least relaxing spot and the shower is just one of those one piece'rs that I see advertised on TV to cover your old shitty tile. Kitchen is so white. Least of the issues as I'm assuming they can be painted. That floor line tho!  Rufus bless it! 

I know, it made me twitch. There's probably somebody out there who will like it, but it's not me! 

I think it is funny that everyone keeps saying the kitchen is so white. About 80% of the kitchens in the Netherlands are completely white. 

2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I think it is funny that everyone keeps saying the kitchen is so white. About 80% of the kitchens in the Netherlands are completely white. 

I'm curious, in the Netherlands are the white kitchens a tryndee faddie-fad or have they been going on for quite some time? Here (middle of the USA) it is a trend that will soon make way for another trend. (Still better than the harvest gold and avocado of the 60s-ish, though)

On 1/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Mama Mia said:

Same. 200k for a house sounds dirt cheap to me.

9 hours ago, Bobology said:

I'm curious, in the Netherlands are the white kitchens a tryndee faddie-fad or have they been going on for quite some time? Here (middle of the USA) it is a trend that will soon make way for another trend. (Still better than the harvest gold and avocado of the 60s-ish, though)

I'm not from the Netherlands, so I can't answer that... but I have noticed how wooden and dark a lot of US kitchens- even modern ones-  are compared to here in Europe. And how popular diagonal/diamond tiling is over there! I mean, what's wrong with a bit of horizontal and vertical?!

I have to admit, those small details that are just 'off' in Joy's house would drive me crazy. If you are going to do a job, at least do it properly... (and maybe that's why it took me over a year to repaint my bedroom....)

11 hours ago, Bobology said:

Dutch here, I'd say they've been going on for quite some time, up to about 10 years? Ours is off-white and 9 years old. I do see more dark grey/black kitchens lately though. Here's a typical kitchen store website: https://www.superkeukens.nl/keukens

@Bobology at least for the last 20 years I would say.

There are always some other trends in between (like the grey that @Chewing Gum) is mentioning but white kitchens are considered as a modern but still timeless option. Best option to have to sell a kitchen.

You what kitchen "trend" I wish would die out in Germany (at least there not sure if other European countries do this): the "you buy a kitchen for the apartment you are RENTING" trend. It has been like 13 years at this point and I am still not over the fact that rental apartments don't always come with a kitchen. It is getting better, but we are in the process of moving back to Germany (thanks Brexit, sort of) and I was again reminded of the fact that we may need to buy a kitchen for a place we don't intend to stay ? I would take an outdated or trendy kitchen or basic white (would love actually) for a few years over wasting my money. Ok sorry about the rant. I have been apartment hunting for weeks and it has built up. ❤️

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived