IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She’s been generally more active this year than last year. She posted once, maybe twice a month last year. 

I like that she’s posting more, mainly because I love Gideon. 

And also unrelated sorta but yet another mustard dress ? I like this one a whole lot more than Jessa’s though, the outfit is cute

A6E87351-3BA1-45A2-B55B-D2EEC72914E1.jpeg

Maybe she's supposed to be "filling in" more for Jill now that she and OfJill have been banned from the show.

Also, Joy seems to have lost a lot of weight, no? So whatever MLM product she's shilling seems to be working for her, at least in the short run. Which I hate, because exercising and just eating healthy in general would be so much better for her (not saying she doesn't do that, too, but you get what I mean, I hope). :confusion-shrug:

6 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Maybe she's supposed to be "filling in" more for Jill now that she and OfJill have been banned from the show.

Also, Joy seems to have lost a lot of weight, no? So whatever MLM product she's shilling seems to be working for her, at least in the short run. Which I hate, because exercising and just eating healthy in general would be so much better for her (not saying she doesn't do that, too, but you get what I mean, I hope). :confusion-shrug:

I think being 21 helps with the weighloss..

Let's just say that after 40 (and 2 kids), man it gets more challenging!

On 1/15/2019 at 12:42 PM, Audrey2 said:

I wonder, if Joy has a better outcome the second time, if she and Jessa will talk to their younger sisters when they get married about how to eat healthy when you're pregnant and gain a healthy amount of weight. As I recall Jessa ate better with Henry than she was with Spurgeon and she had an easier delivery. In a normal family, if older sisters have had difficulty with something I can see them talking to a younger sister, but we all know the Duggars are not normal.

While eating healthy is great, obviously, you can’t blame Jessa’s post delivery hemorrhage on whatever she ate / didn’t eat. It’s just a thing that happens sometimes.

Joy posted on her IG story that her and Austin are building a brand new home, although it is not for them to live in. Are they still in the RV? 

1 hour ago, Whatthefundie said:

Joy posted on her IG story that her and Austin are building a brand new home, although it is not for them to live in. Are they still in the RV? 

The house looks nice. I wonder if he and perhaps some Duggar's are branching off into contractor land.  It might be more lucrative than house flipping, 

That house does look nice. I’d like to see the interior and the back. Austin does a nice job. Contracting work would be good for him.

I wonder if her next up? up-line? in the mlm is telling her to beef up her social media to sell her stuff. I sold 31 gifts for 2 months in 2009 because I thought the products were so cute, but had so many issues with the company I stopped after a few parties. 

53 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

I wonder if her next up? up-line? in the mlm is telling her to beef up her social media to sell her stuff. I sold 31 gifts for 2 months in 2009 because I thought the products were so cute, but had so many issues with the company I stopped after a few parties. 

If there is an uptick in the amount of emojis used, then it's like MLM related. For some reason, they love emojis!  

Holy Fundie MLM Batman! 

I’m  glad Joy responded respectfully but this type of MLM diet IG advertising is not healthy...it reminds me of the whole celebrity tummy tea or waist training nonsense. 

I saw a helpful quote the other day that said whenever you feel inadequate/ugly, think about which crusty old white man is profiting of off your pain. 

Also, the MLM Kristen was promoting is the whitest (and that’s an accomplishment) makeup business page I’ve ever seen. They look like their foundation shades come in beige, ashy, casket-ready. I guess when they don’t consider melanin a “clean ingredient”.

My neighborhood Facebook page is full of people advertising some type of MLM product. They really do cover all types of products. Considering how little the average person makes off of the companies, it seems like an awful lot of work for too little return. There also seems to be a market saturation for some of the companies. Someone will make a post asking “does anyone sell X product.” At least three people will answer that they do and two others will say a family member does. It really comes down to the luck of the draw on who gets the sale. 

One of my dear friends is hosting an arbonne 'spa day' party this weekend. I'm only going bc food will be served and I like hanging with my friends. Also to see what an MLM is like up close lol 

20 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

My neighborhood Facebook page is full of people advertising some type of MLM product. They really do cover all types of products. Considering how little the average person makes off of the companies, it seems like an awful lot of work for too little return. There also seems to be a market saturation for some of the companies. Someone will make a post asking “does anyone sell X product.” At least three people will answer that they do and two others will say a family member does. It really comes down to the luck of the draw on who gets the sale. 

One of the Facebook pages I am a member of Facebay Glasgow has rules against people posting MLM posts and yet people will try and get round those rules by posting cryptic posts, all usually say jobs available immediate start and training given but don't say what the job is they just say to comment and they will pm people. I have an old work friend that does body shop at home and she posts all day on her business page and does product testing products, I haven't bought anything from her but I do like some body shop things and may get stuff in the future. I can tolerate make up and candles but weight loss and so called health goods piss me off and get ignored.

Joy and Austin started a YouTube channel (FollowtheForsyths). They posted a promo video about fort rock that looks professionally made. 

Joy also said in a comment on the Instagram post that they are going to start vlogging a little 

Aaaaagggh at the Maxwellian catchphrases about "families actually liking each other"! Double aaaaaaggh since we know Fort Rock has invited the Pearls to speak, presumably about how to beat the crap out of your cute horse-riding frisbee-throwing kids.

40 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The camp looks really fun, I can see the fun and appeal, too bad about the cult you'd be supporting. :my_dodgy:

Some of the activities would be fun and I'm sure it's beautiful land and the old-timey town looks cool from the outside at least, but imagine being there for any length of time for any of the programs they offer... I imagine it would get really boring /weird really fast. 

On 1/24/2019 at 8:53 PM, Jinder Roles said:

Holy Fundie MLM Batman! 

I’m  glad Joy responded respectfully but this type of MLM diet IG advertising is not healthy...it reminds me of the whole celebrity tummy tea or waist training nonsense. 

I saw a helpful quote the other day that said whenever you feel inadequate/ugly, think about which crusty old white man is profiting of off your pain. 

Also, the MLM Kristen was promoting is the whitest (and that’s an accomplishment) makeup business page I’ve ever seen. They look like their foundation shades come in beige, ashy, casket-ready. I guess when they don’t consider melanin a “clean ingredient”.

To the bolded, this:

Screenshot_20190126-173513_Facebook.jpg

I watched their youtube promo video and it was so sad. 

- Dads actually get to play with their kids!

- Parents see their kids playing and actually like them!

- Moms get to build relationships with their kids instead of chores! 

This is so revealing of their way of life. Dads never getting to spend time with their children since that's "women work" / working so hard to provide on a low-paying single income, moms just ordering and doing chores instead of getting to know their kids on an individual level, families never getting to relax and have fun because of prescribed roles, singing for their suppers, discipline training, etc. 

I could not help but notice (I may have missed one though) that every woman or girl in a full body shot was wearing either a skirt or dress. Are they only trying to attract their own type of people? I honestly cannot imagine seeing an advertisement for an outdoor, get down and dirty, nature everywhere, type place and think it would be nice to wear a skirt. I mean kids can be kids and where what they want, but I need the flexibility (and perceived modesty on my part) of the jeans to run after my kids. Or am I just now totally biased because of the Duggar/IBLP/ATI beliefs.

Also have to add again: I love Joy's glasses on her face, I hope she feels confident in them because they really suit her! Her hair was looking amazing too. Not a humper here or anything, just impressed and hope that is a sign of her feeling happy and comfortable and not pregnant since (supposedly ?) good hair comes with pregnancy. Mad emoji because mine did not.

She is also using Facebook to advertise the house she recently spoke about Austin renovating on her Instagram stories. I’m in the UK so have no idea about US house prices etc, I just enjoyed nosing at the inside photographs of their handiwork ?

C525F88C-D3A8-4F61-9601-BF1B7258F1E9.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

She is also using Facebook to advertise the house she recently spoke about Austin renovating on her Instagram stories. I’m in the UK so have no idea about US house prices etc, I just enjoyed nosing at the inside photographs of their handiwork ?

C525F88C-D3A8-4F61-9601-BF1B7258F1E9.jpeg

Hi, I never post in this thread so forgive me for butting in, but my immediate impression was that they are asking a bit too much money for a 1600 square foot house in Bella Vista! Everything in there is from Lowe's, and the size and location should mean the asking price is too much, unless there's some kind of magnificent view or something I'm not seeing. I live about two hours from there in a similar area and I think I even recognize the company that built the house. I  don't think it's worth more than 175,000, personally. Although it does look nicely finished. There's nothing wrong with Lowe's countertops and tubs, it's nothing high-end is all.

Pardon me for sticking my nose in. I saw house pictures and got interested!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived