IGNORED

Joy and Austin 25: Guest Starring Grandpa Munster

HerNameIsBuffy

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to Joy and Austin 25 - Guest Starring Grandpa Munster
  • Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm wondering how they were able to get such good seats?  

Because they're "celebrities" you silly sally!!!! ;)

1 minute ago, mollysmom said:

Because they're "celebrities" you silly sally!!!! ;)

If my face freezes in this eye roll I'm blaming you!

3 hours ago, Ms Lucy Fur said:

Hopefully Gideon won’t remember how awful Arkansas played. 

As an LSU fan I was quite happy with how Arkansas played. ?  Gideon is precious. 

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I hope they put ear protection on Gideon

I hope so too, but I also assume Gideon is a baby particularly used to lots of loud noises with his parents flipping houses and regularly attending large family events with lots of children. I think Joy is the only married sister who didn't mention how quiet it was as a big adjustment point.

As the thread drift moves to college football, knowing how big of an OSU fan Derrick is made the OU win during bedlam yesterday even more exciting!

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

I hope they put ear protection on Gideon. I'm sure football games are loud.

You know they didn't and you can see they didn't. It wouldn't occur to them that it might be too loud for him, though judging from that photo he seems to be pretty chill 

My avatar says it all for college football. When Hubby flipped past the OU/OSU game yesterday I actually chuckled because I hoped Derick's team would lose. 

13 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm wondering how they were able to get such good seats?  

Are you sure they're in seats there? It kind of looks to me like they're standing and facing each other not sitting. They could just be taking a picture in a walkway down near the field but have their seats farther up.

9 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

You know they didn't and you can see they didn't. It wouldn't occur to them that it might be too loud for him, though judging from that photo he seems to be pretty chill 

Hahah I know they didn't. I was just thinking of the kids I see at local hockey games. They always have those big ear protectors on because it's loud. I guess being indoors and enclosed does make it all that more amplified. I do wish they would think about these things. Thinking does not seem to be their strong suit.

37 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

Hahah I know they didn't. I was just thinking of the kids I see at local hockey games. They always have those big ear protectors on because it's loud. I guess being indoors and enclosed does make it all that more amplified. I do wish they would think about these things. Thinking does not seem to be their strong suit.

My friend would put headphones on her son at baseball games, but their are normal folks and don't have eleventy thousand siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends around at all times. Little man is  2 1/2  now and takes them on and off if he doesn't like the noises or just because he's 2 1/2 and he can.

Genuine question - I know people who use the ear protectors at events that are loud enough to actually harm their hearing - monster truck rallies, concerts- but are they needed if it’s an event that’s loud but not physically harmful?  

I understand if it the baby/child doesn’t like loud noises in general, or having them handy if they got overwhelmed  — but otherwise, wouldn’t using them make the baby less acclimated to the world around him? I’m thinking of the advice I always heard- to try to keep a normal activity level around a sleeping baby- because they will be better sleepers in the long run. 

20 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Genuine question - I know people who use the ear protectors at events that are loud enough to actually harm their hearing - monster truck rallies, concerts- but are they needed if it’s an event that’s loud but not physically harmful?  

I understand if it the baby/child doesn’t like loud noises in general, or having them handy if they got overwhelmed  — but otherwise, wouldn’t using them make the baby less acclimated to the world around him? I’m thinking of the advice I always heard- to try to keep a normal activity level around a sleeping baby- because they will be better sleepers in the long run. 

That advice is a bit outdated. It still gets passed around and people still believe it but babies are individuals just like everyone else- some may be lighter sleepers some may be heavier and will have their own noise tolerance thresholds. I I personally think adequate sleep is crucial for babies(their brains are growing so quickly!) so I provide my son with a dark, quiet (apart from white noise), and separate room for napping. I don't nap well in a brightly lit room with a ton of noise and activity so I don't expect my son to. 

I was looking at this picture and saw joys dress, I know there's speculations of lots of things about her on here but someone needs to fanmail her a new bra. Swing low sweet chariots am I right!?

Screenshot_20181112-092015.png

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I'm not sure. My kids are super sound sleepers (middle kid has slept through a fire alarm in the middle of the night)- we can walk in and out of their rooms turn on lights, etc, and they sleep right through it. We never have a quiet house, and as daycare kids, they probably never had a truly quiet sleeping time either. My kids can and will sleep anywhere. My brother's kids, on the other hand are, let's say, precious sleepers. My brother and his wife insisted on absolute quiet during nap time and at bed time. His kids are terrible at sleeping any where other than at home.

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I personally am not good with a lot of noise. So any event that will have a lot, I tend to wear earplugs. So if I had kids, I would likely put ear protection on because if they're like me, noise will bother them.

I grew up in a big extended family and though we were noisy, it was at a decent level. My Mom's family has an issue with yelling to talk over each other. Which leads to me, my Dad, and my brother going "Pass the advil. Extra strength?"

1 hour ago, JesSky03 said:

That advice is a bit outdated. It still gets passed around and people still believe it but babies are individuals just like everyone else- some may be lighter sleepers some may be heavier and will have their own noise tolerance thresholds. I I personally think adequate sleep is crucial for babies(their brains are growing so quickly!) so I provide my son with a dark, quiet (apart from white noise), and separate room for napping. I don't nap well in a brightly lit room with a ton of noise and activity so I don't expect my son to. 

Well, yea, people all have different noise tolerances, and babies are of course people, but I don’t understand the reasoning of encouraging a low noise-activity tolerance if they , personally, don’t have one - or if you don’t know yet - . It seems like in the long run it would make life a little more stressful. Sleepovers, a new sibling, camping, parties, etc....

Believe me I get everyone’s different, and you accommodate for that, but I’m not seeing why anyone would assume that Gideon NEEDS noise cancelling headphones- unless football games are ear harming loud. I’ve never been to one so I was kind of wondering how loud they are.

The noise level depends on the child some kids don't tolerate loud noises, such as a crowded football stadium or Monster Truck rally, while the nose of the rally will be much higher than that of the football game it will depend on the child and his or her mood that day what their tolerance will be, I think it would be beneficial to have them "just in case" because they may or may not need it.  It is obvious in this photo the noise isn't bothering Gideon, I know It would have bothered my sisters kids, but it wouldn't have bothered mine. 

We took our kids to all kinds of activities, during the 4th of July Parades when the fire trucks come buy blaring their horns, I would cover my kids ears with my hands (I did one kid & DH the other) when they were too small to do it themselves. Where as my sisters kids wear headphones during the entire parade because the screaming and yelling bother them.

1 hour ago, Emily558 said:

I was looking at this picture and saw joys dress, I know there's speculations of lots of things about her on here but someone needs to fanmail her a new bra. Swing low sweet chariots am I right!?

Screenshot_20181112-092015.png

She’s a 21 year old new mom whose baby isn’t even a year old. Pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding can all cause a lot of changes to the human body. It just seems unfair and kind of gross to make fun of Joy (or any woman, whether they’ve been pregnant or not) over this.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived