IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 12: Usual Duggar Social Media and Drift

HerNameIsBuffy

@Sky with diamonds I think I’ve read that pumpkin puree is supposed to help dandruff in cats. 

I had to fight my cat for some arugula I was trying to throw away. Too bitter for me but she loved it. She ate so much I googled if it was okay for cats to eat. (Yes, but it might make them nauseated. It didn’t bother mine.)

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/9/2018 at 3:46 PM, justoneoftwo said:

I may be alone on this form for this but no we should not allow women to terminate parental rights as a father of a living child just because she doesn't want to co-parent. That father has rights that child has rights and one of the rights is to one another. If there is abuse you can terminate the rights and there is due process for that but I see enough instances of fathers having their children stolen from them through adoption that I don't understand how people can think this is automatically a good thing.

Yeah because we all know, abusive situations are so easy to leave and you can just waltz into a courthouse and get a termination of rights just as easy as a bagel. 

Yes, that's what people want to do. Wake up, get a bagel, call-in to work, spend $1000 on an abortion, go home, drink some beer, go to bed, pick up a divorce in the morning. 

On 11/9/2018 at 8:46 PM, justoneoftwo said:

I may be alone on this form for this but no we should not allow women to terminate parental rights as a father of a living child just because she doesn't want to co-parent. That father has rights that child has rights and one of the rights is to one another. If there is abuse you can terminate the rights and there is due process for that but I see enough instances of fathers having their children stolen from them through adoption that I don't understand how people can think this is automatically a good thing.

Have you thought this thoroughly through? It's very, very hard to prove emotional abuse. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. So, at which point would you suggest does a parent lose their rights? Is emotional abuse enough, or will bruises do? Where do you draw the line? What satisfies YOU?

Okay,I'll share what I have eaten today.

Breakfast: Strawberry and banana smoothie,using coconut-almond milk.It was okay.

Lunch: Black bean soupchocked with rd pepper and a banana pepper,I used salsa instead of diced tomatoes and I seasoned it with garlic,and cumin..I used chilies,too.It was good.

I was weak and had peppermint bark,one small piece,and a slice of banana bread.

Supper: Mushroom-barley soup.It was good.

Two giant green olives stuffed with garlic.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I love the giant green olives stuffed with jalapeños! :) 

I love those,too!I would have bought those instead of the garlic stuffed one,but I didn't see any.

Youngest had a rough hockey game today. He played amazingly well and honestly the refs really did suck but he took the loss hard so we're making cupcakes with sprinkles. 

1 minute ago, Shadoewolf said:

Youngest had a rough hockey game today. He played amazingly well and honestly the refs really did suck but he took the loss hard so we're making cupcakes with sprinkles. 

cupcakes are corporeal happiness.  You're a good mom :) 

Abortion is a difficult subject for me. I am hesitant to weigh in on the discussion, as an un-established member. The general grace with which all of you are responding in spite of different beliefs is inspiring. So, I will try to make my thoughts clear. Since I am somewhat uncertain about my own beliefs, this turned out longer than I intended.

I'm not sure where I fall with first trimester abortions. However, I struggle with late term abortions, at the edge of viability. I know the odds are against the child. According to BBC, as of 2005, survival rates by gestational age are: 23 weeks - 26%, 24 weeks - 47%, 25 weeks - 67%. I was born at 23 weeks gestation in 1990. I know disability rates are high in micro preemies. I have some lingering challenges as a result of my early birth. Despite them, I'm fully functioning adult holding down a job and attending graduate school. 

I believe a threat to the mother's physical or emotional health is a reason for abortion at almost any stage (post almost certain viability, I believe the abortion process is similar to birth and it makes sense to deliver the child at that point). It is akin to self-defense, as a society we recognize the right for people to protect themselves from harm, even when it means the death of another person. I believe abortion for fetal disability that is not compatible with survival is mercy. However, I also believe abortion for non-terminal fetal problems is wrong. I reached this conclusion teaching special education and handling more than one CPS call. For example, I think if a child is diagnosed with Down Syndrome in the womb, it is wrong because to terminate.  If a full term baby was born with Down Syndrome of Spina bifida, etc., and a caretaker let the child die of thirst, neglected the child, or murdered the child, we would charge them with abuse or murder. On the other hand, despite my own beliefs, I believe a mother has the right to chose to terminate before the point of viability because of emotional suffering. I cannot judge whether that suffering is overwhelming and "valid", so I won't attempt to. That is between a woman and her doctor. 

I went to a Catholic school and like other posters, only heard one side of the story. Of note, unlike other religious schools in the area, my high school stood behind their beliefs. Most schools kicked girls out, which makes 0 sense because teen mothers have enough going against them without another barrier to finishing HS. When girls got pregnant at my school, the school did their best to support the girl through pregnancy and after pregnancy by accommodating absences and childcare needs, along with raising funds for the care of the children, and donating needed items throughout the year (or years, if the mother was young). 

I used to be completely pro-life and I still consider myself pro-life. I'm not sure if I deserve that label anymore. My thinking was extremely black and white until college when friends went through unplanned pregnancies. Also, I found out recently my mother was pregnant with 12 fetuses when she conceived me on Clomid. As a result, she selectively terminated 10 of the fetuses to give some of us (twins) a chance to survive. Obviously, 12 fetuses during one pregnancy are not viable! Knowing my mother reconciled her pro-life beliefs with that choice also helped sway me.  

There are a few points I want to respond to: I think if we, as a society, discourage (I do not believe it should be outlawed!) abortion, we should also do a better job of supporting mothers after pregnancy, whether that means parenting help like paid maternity leave or counseling for all parties after adoption with options that best suit the families. 

...And I forgot the other post that made me think while writing this wall of text! ;) I'll edit my post if I remember. 

I could never wear a scarf like that. It would catch food, crumbs would fall into it, it would get into my cereal bowl, and I'd generally be a mess all day. How DO they do it?

2 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

I could never wear a scarf like that. It would catch food, crumbs would fall into it, it would get into my cereal bowl, and I'd generally be a mess all day. How DO they do it?

I've always seen people who wear those take them off when eating.

16 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

That one is pretty enormous. Normally the ones around the neck like that are a lot smaller!

13 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I've always seen people who wear those take them off when eating.

I've been known to put one on after eating ...

19 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

It's a blanket scarf. I take it off (and extra layers in general) during meals. (or painting, or any activity wear it might be a hinderance. Unless you are constantly eating, it's not a big deal. 

I guess I'm just used to clothing that can stay on for all of my activities of daily living.

I do remember having some difficulty with those deep cowl necklines in the 80s...

So I'm just going to come out and say it. I think that blanket is hiding a bump..

Furthermore, Joy's been wearing her glasses again, so I think there might be an announcement there soon, too.

And well, Jessa's wearing concealing clothing..

They're waiting until three or more of them can announce at once..

Have we discussed the Mesinar family here before? A quick google produced some basic information like she's super Christian and a registered Republican (SURPRISE!!!) but also her parents' and siblings' names: David Mesinar Jr., wife Sydra, and children Madyson, Chandler, Chason, Faith, and Ezekiel - so I think she's the oldest. Looks like they are/were associated with Scott Brown's NCFIC thing. Wonder if one of the Bates boys could be interested in her.

2 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Have we discussed the Mesinar family here before? A quick google produced some basic information like she's super Christian and a registered Republican (SURPRISE!!!) but also her parents' and siblings' names: David Mesinar Jr., wife Sydra, and children Madyson, Chandler, Chason, Faith, and Ezekiel - so It think she's the oldest. Looks like they are/were associated with Scott Brown's NCFIC thing. Wonder if one of the Bates boys could be interested in her.

Or maybe the twins? 

Just now, lexiloumarie said:

Or maybe the twins? 

Maybe, I still think they're a bit young though (they won't even be 20 until the end of this year).

1 hour ago, Four is Enough said:

I guess I'm just used to clothing that can stay on for all of my activities of daily living.

I do remember having some difficulty with those deep cowl necklines in the 80s...

So I'm just going to come out and say it. I think that blanket is hiding a bump..

Furthermore, Joy's been wearing her glasses again, so I think there might be an announcement there soon, too.

And well, Jessa's wearing concealing clothing..

They're waiting until three or more of them can announce at once..

If that blanket's hiding a "bump" then her uterus is where her heart should be. lol

I don't equal Joy's wearing glasses to being pregnant. I'm wearing glasses RIGHT NOW, and I can guardamntee you I'm not pregnant.

Jessa's a clothing enigma.

When I was younger I only wore my glasses in class, reading and to the movies. The rest of the time I didn’t wear anything because my eyesight wasn’t that bad. After a while, my eyesight got progressively bad and I had to start wearing them all the time. Maybe something similar is going on with Joy. I don’t think it means she’s pregnant. 

I'm more inclined to put Joy's glasses wearing down to Gideon not sleeping well & avoiding the torture that is trying to put contacts in then. 

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived