IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 12: Usual Duggar Social Media and Drift

HerNameIsBuffy

How many of you would agree with these common sense laws?

1. If parenting is out of the question, a woman can choose either abortion or adoption without the permission of the father

2. Hospitals do not have the right to deny a woman's request for sterilization surgery at the same time as her c-section. (Currently, many "pro-life" hospitals don't allow sterilizations even though they are super simple to do during a c-section.)

3. If a woman is carrying a baby who is incompatible with life/severe defects, it shouldn't even be called an abortion and the woman should be able to get whatever procedure needs to be done with her regular ob-gyn, not an abortion provider.

4.  If a child is born so early or with so many defects that they can only live a few weeks or months, hospice care and a pain-free death should be an option for the parents. The parents should not be forced to make their baby go through the excruciatingly painful process of NICU and surgeries, which have 0% chance of working.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JillyO said:

Let's look at the facts: Late-term abortions close to term like you are talking about are extremely hard to obtain

Exactly.

The one example i quoted in previous thread was of a 36 week gestation French woman. She could not get a doctor willing to help in France or anywhere in Europe. So she was trying an American clinic. And that clinic refused her because they felt she did not come close to their criteria. Nowhere near it. So the answer was a polite No. 

You’d swear there were butchers on every corner enticing full term women into their clinics. Keeping cash flowing into the ‘Abortion industry’. There is no such thing.

I recommend watching After Tiller. It’s available on iTunes. It gives incredibly clear insight. Also Reversing Roe on Netflix. 

5 minutes ago, Irishy said:

Exactly.

The one example i quoted in previous thread was of a 36 week gestation French woman. She could not get a doctor willing to help in France or anywhere in Europe. So she was trying an American clinic. And that clinic refused her because they felt she did not come close to their criteria. Nowhere near it. So the answer was a polite No. 

You’d swear there were butchers on every corner enticing full term women into their clinics. Keeping cash flowing into the ‘Abortion industry’. There is no such thing.

I recommend watching After Tiller. It’s available on iTunes. It gives incredibly clear insight. Also Reversing Roe on Netflix. 

Well, with one exception. If you're the mistress of a millionaire. There are 3 late-term clinics in America. There are healthy babies aborted in each for an exorbitant price. Usually women pressured by extremely rich men who already have a wife. Now that is morally abhorrent imo.

But yes, in most of the country late term abortion (i.e. ending the baby's suffering) is not available even for babies so deformed as to be incompatible with life. Forcing babies to suffer is evil, imo.

36 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I just had a broccoli and chicken pizza thing.  I already had toast this morning, but I was sooooo hungry.  What's everybody else eating?

Jalapeño crab dip scooped with Belgian endive leaves. I’m camping in a hotel room while my husband is at a workshop and was feeling fancy at the grocery store yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Well, with one exception. If you're the mistress of a millionaire. There are 3 late-term clinics in America. There are healthy babies aborted in each for an exorbitant price. Usually women pressured by extremely rich men who already have a wife. Now that is morally abhorrent imo.

But yes, in most of the country late term abortion (i.e. ending the baby's suffering) is not available even for babies so deformed as to be incompatible with life. Forcing babies to suffer is evil, imo.

I’m not sure this is true tbh. Sounds like anti choice rhetoric. 

1 hour ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I just had a broccoli and chicken pizza thing.  I already had toast this morning, but I was sooooo hungry.  What's everybody else eating?

I miss toast. I’ve been doing the low-carb thing for a bit. When I lighten up on it, whole grain toast with butter and honey is first on my list.

1 hour ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

I'd be interested in sources for this.

1 hour ago, Crazy Enough to Join said:

Now why would said woman wait that long to abort? Spite? Seems like a no win situation.
That just makes no sense to me at all. At that point they'd more than likely be showing...wouldn't people wonder and possibly enquire? How would it be explained? 

Just not getting around to get? If it's a "coerced" TAB, how are these women being forced to do so? Drugged and kidnapped? Blackmail (2 can play that game)?

Again, I'm not getting this at all.

2 hours ago, Irishy said:

Exactly.

I'm just using your post to jump off of, because you're making so many good points, and this is important. Maybe it's just another pointless internet argument, but maybe it'll change someone's point of view.

It matters, because all over the world, women get subjugated, abused, and are the victims of horrific crimes...because we are women. No other reason. That's it! Choice is so important, because we are not mere vessels, we are not someone's object. We have a CHOICE. And a VOICE.

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I had beef stew from last night. I was hungry and forgot to get eggs at the store. Little munchkin had her fruit(loves all fruit except cantaloupe) , some pieces of carrots and veggies, and water

2 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

I had beef stew from last night. I was hungry and forgot to get eggs at the store. Little munchkin had her fruit(loves all fruit except cantaloupe) , some pieces of carrots and veggies, and water

I had a smoothie with: Almond Milk (the unsweetened variety), decaf coffee, 1/4 cup cooked multigrain cereal, berries, half a frozen banana, flax, chia and cinnamon, pretty tasty.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Green olives and mozzarella pearls. Don't judge.

I eat the he!! out of olives. The little store by my home has an olive bar- I fill up, weekly-

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I had a smoothie with: Almond Milk (the unsweetened variety), decaf coffee, 1/4 cup cooked multigrain cereal, berries, half a frozen banana, flax, chia and cinnamon, pretty tasty.

oooh that sounds amazing! It wasn't too grainy? and with multigrain was it like an oatmeal? What kind of berries? Sorry I'm asking, it sounds so good!

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Green olives and mozzarella pearls. Don't judge.

I eat green olives so much. have you ever made olive cheese balls using green olives? Its super easy!

2 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

I eat green olives so much. have you ever made olive cheese balls using green olives? Its super easy!

No, but I've made egg salad with green olives and it's DIVINE. lol

10 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I'm just using your post to jump off of, because you're making so many good points, and this is important. Maybe it's just another pointless internet argument, but maybe it'll change someone's point of view.

It matters, because all over the world, women get subjugated, abused, and are the victims of horrific crimes...because we are women. No other reason. That's it! Choice is so important, because we are not mere vessels, we are not someone's object. We have a CHOICE. And a VOICE.

I agree, and I think this is an important conversation. And while internet arguments rarely change the opinions of the people making them, they can impact people reading.

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

No, but I've made egg salad with green olives and it's DIVINE. lol

I top my deviled eggs with half a green olive. They go so well together

8 minutes ago, Kailash said:

Deviled egg potato salad with potato chips. 

That sounds so good that I may ditch the planned cheese and crackers for lunch and walk over to the grocery store to see what they have for potato salad.

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

I miss toast. I’ve been doing the low-carb thing for a bit. When I lighten up on it, whole grain toast with butter and honey is first on my list.

Have you tried the Schmidt 647 bread? It started showing up in my local grocery store a few months ago (I'm in the U.S.). Each flavor is low carb (white, italian, wheat), only one weight watchers point per slice, and tastes just like regular bread!

23 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Now why would said woman wait that long to abort? Spite? Seems like a no win situation.
That just makes no sense to me at all. At that point they'd more than likely be showing...wouldn't people wonder and possibly enquire? How would it be explained? 

Just not getting around to get? If it's a "coerced" TAB, how are these women being forced to do so? Drugged and kidnapped? Blackmail (2 can play that game)?

Again, I'm not getting this at all.

Why? Who knows. But it does happen. I knew a woman who worked at one of the three centers in America and she said it was 50/50 on birth defects vs. healthy babies. Anyone who argues every abortion was a good idea that helped women just weakens pro-choice arguments. If you give people choices, sometimes they will make very bad ones. But if you give the vast bureaucracy of government the power to make women's choices, 100% of the time the govt will make poor choices that don't meet the individual situation.

44 minutes ago, Irishy said:

Is the food thing like the nail polish thing used to be? 

Nail polish still works.  Food is more interesting for some people.

We had a crockpot cookoff at work this past week and I made chicken wing dip. I didn't win but they ate every last bit of it lol! It's so easy & it's a hit wherever I bring it. Yum!!

2 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make oatmeal or heat up some left over mac and cheese from last night and have that with Italian dressing.  

Just now, mollysmom said:

We had a crockpot cookoff at work this past week and I made chicken wing dip. I didn't win but they ate every last bit of it lol! It's so easy & it's a hit wherever I bring it. Yum!!

Have you considered blogging it?  Sounds like something my boys would love and I know this time of year a lot of us are looking for fun appetizers.

(This is my shameless plug to get more recipes on FeedJinger!)

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'm trying to decide whether or not to make oatmeal or heat up some left over mac and cheese from last night and have that with Italian dressing.  

Have you considered blogging it?  Sounds like something my boys would love and I know this time of year a lot of us are looking for fun appetizers.

(This is my shameless plug to get more recipes on FeedJinger!)

I don't know how to do that(?) I can post the recipe here though!

Chicken Wing Dip

(everyone does it differently but this is how I make mine & it's REALLY good!!) 

shredded chicken breast

1 block of cream cheese

1 container of crumbled blue cheese

1 bag mozzarella cheese

1/4 cup ranch dressing

Franks red hot sauce to taste. 

Mix it all together & put in oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. (I cook the chicken first before I put it in) or you can do the same thing in the crockpot. 

I serve it with tortilla chips. It's seriously soooo good!!!

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived