IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren 12: Usual Duggar Social Media and Drift

HerNameIsBuffy

I am interested to know if cup work for thick, clotted periods. I usually never have thin, red, regular blood. I take birth control continuously for hormonal issues, but occasionally have a random week of break through bleeding (This is so gross lol I'm sorry everyone). 

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Josiah and Lauren hold the record for a Duggar couple going the longest before announcing blessing #1?

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Do Josiah and Lauren hold the record for a Duggar couple going the longest before announcing blessing #1?

No, that would still be Jinger and Jeremy. 

Jinger and Jeremy were married for fourteen months before they announced their first pregnancy. Josiah and Lauren have been married for coming up on seven months. They'd have to wait until the end of August to announce a pregnancy if they wanted to beat Jinger and Jeremy.

I tried the cup and I hated it. I also can't wear tampons after I've had my son, they are so uncomfortable and I have constant leaks. I spoke to my OBGYN and she said after kids our anatomy can change and since I had a pretty bad Stage 2-3 tear she had to repair it's likely I have scar tissue issues. So pads it is... and I hate it. I feel 12 again. 

As for birth control out of all the options I've tried (Pill, Shot, IUD) the IUD was the best option for me but ultimately my body does not like birth control so I had my tubes tied 3 years ago. Not an option if you want more kids obviously but being done I was so happy to just say goodbye to birth control and you know what, my body feels so much better off the hormones. 

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Jinger and Jeremy were married for fourteen months before they announced their first pregnancy. Josiah and Lauren have been married for coming up on seven months. They'd have to wait until the end of August to announce a pregnancy if they wanted to beat Jinger and Jeremy.

Oh, right, I forgot.  

So that's my 2019 Duggar goal: SiRen beat Jinger & Jeremy's record

3 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I am interested to know if cup work for thick, clotted periods. I usually never have thin, red, regular blood. I take birth control continuously for hormonal issues, but occasionally have a random week of break through bleeding (This is so gross lol I'm sorry everyone). 

Mine is thick and clotted at first, and I find that some clots come out with the cup and i need to sit on the toilet for a bit with the cup out to let all of them drip out. I also sometimes wipe the cup out with tp before I wash it so I dont have clots in the sink. 

(If this doesn't make sense let me know and I'll try to clarify, but I'm struggling to use words that seem easily understandable)

5 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

I've had some clots with the cup, usually on the first heavy day of my period. The cup usually catches them, although I have had one or two sort of "drip" out when I have the cup out to empty (usually when using the toilet, so not an issue). Overall, I like the cup; I used a small Divacup until I had my son and loved it, then got the larger MooncupUK when my period returned, though the stem on that irritated me until I trimmed it almost to nothing. I'm thinking of getting another, maybe a Lunette, after this kid's born. Usually I use the cup with cloth pads as backup or just the cloth pads, depending on what I feel like or what I'm doing that day.

For those asking about an IUD (@Neurogirl?), I had the Paraguard (hormone-free copper) for a couple of years between getting married and getting pregnant, and I liked it enough to get a second afterward. Unfortunately, that one expelled during a period, which is rare but does occasionally happen! For me, insertion of the first one was the worst part. My periods aren't generally awful, so I was able to cope with them being slightly heavier and crampier fairly easily, and the second insertion was a lot easier. I second the suggestion up-thread of painkillers beforehand and planning to take it easy with a hot pad the rest of the day, especially if you've never had something like childbirth that would relax the cervix a bit.

Sorry about all this, but I have a Thing about advocating for no-waste menstrual products and for IUDs!

@kmachete14 My cup (Super Jennie) works well for thick, clotted periods. I have had a handful of times where I've passed an unusually large clot which overflows the cup and causes leakage but that's pretty rare, I'd say less than 5 times over a couple of years. Normally the clots are in the cup along with everything else and it all gets flushed away in the toilet.

11 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

There is nothing gross about the functioning of our bodies.  We need to learn to be proud of being female and all that it entails.  No more shame, or blushes.

On 1/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

There’s a Youtuber out there named Safiya Nygaard that has a series on testing different items for your period (the cup, special yoga pants, special underwear, a special swimsuit). I personally prefer tampons but the videos are interesting just to see the different ideas that are now out there. 

Safiya rocks! I love her! 

I tried the cup after watching her video about it. It didn't work for me, because my cycles are extremely heavy. 

I've used a cup for about 10 year now. I tried it for about 6 months about 13 years ago and didn't like it. I gave it another try 2ish years later with a different brand and I loved it. It did take me about 2-3 months to get used to using it, but since then it has been great. I do have heavy, clotty periods (day 2-4) and don't have any issues. I do wear a cloth pad as a back up sometimes on my heavy days, because every once in awhile I leak a tiny bit if I don't have a chance to empty it, but that is pretty rare. did try the Thinx underwear a couple of years ago and I just don't care for them. My 15 year old loves the Thinx though. She uses the regular adult ones, and has since she started using them 2 years ago. She uses a combo of Thinx, cloth pads, regular pads and tampons depending on how heavy her flow is, where she is at and what she is doing activity wise.  She has attempted a cup but just didn't feel comfortable using it yet.

17 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Oh, right, I forgot.  

So that's my 2019 Duggar goal: SiRen beat Jinger & Jeremy's record

The thing is though that while I can imagine JinJer going for some kind of BC/NFP, I would not expect that from SiRen at all. So if it takes longer than a year for them there is probably some kind of fertility issues involved.

16 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

The thing is though that while I can imagine JinJer going for some kind of BC/NFP, I would not expect that from SiRen at all. So if it takes longer than a year for them there is probably some kind of fertility issues involved.

Or they're just not having sex very often. 

I once went to a (male!) OBGYN instead of my usual female one, and he put me on birth control that I take continuously. I only have three or four periods a year. It's been a God-send, because my mental health and back pain gets worse if I'm PMSing. I just recently had one and I was super crabby and had a lower backache a week before and I couldn't figure out why--it was glorious to realize I was avoiding that misery monthly. 

That said, I'd like to buy a cup, but I'm nervous about insertion. I also have no idea if I have a high or low cervix--I suppose I could ask my OBGYN at my next visit.

10 hours ago, Greendoor said:

There is nothing gross about the functioning of our bodies.  We need to learn to be proud of being female and all that it entails.  No more shame, or blushes.

I agree with this statement,  however,  some people get really bothered by blood in general,  so I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with being ashamed of our periods.  I mean, this doesn't apply to me,  I can deal with everything except certain types of mucus,  but I know some people are sensitive to blood. 

I just finished my third cycle with the DivaCup and now I'm hooked. The first cycle, I only used it at night and tried it one weekend day. The next cycle I tried it a bit more, always at night and one weekend and one work day. This time I used it for the whole cycle. I've been feeling up my cervix for a couple years of trying to conceive, so I know mine is pretty crooked. This sounds weird, but it's just not straight back in my vagina, it's basically on the side. So tampons were frequently uncomfortable as I had to place them just so on only one side of my cervix.

My biggest problem with tampons and the cup at first was the end getting caught up painfully on the entrance of my vagina (not sure what this part is called, but I've got an extra bit of skin right inside the vaginal opening). I ended up cutting off the entire tail of the diva cup. It has made all the difference. 

So my big tip is to not be afraid to alter the directions to suit yourself. They say to insert it straight back toward your tailbone, but that doesn't work for me based on where my cervix is. They say not to completely cut off the tail, but like, what do I need it for? The thing isn't going to get lost up there?! 

I like tampons and have no interest in trying the cup, but different strokes for different folks! As long as everyone has a comfortable option to get through Auntie Flo ?

12 hours ago, Greendoor said:

It's not women's periods that I think are gross -- its blood clots. No matter where they come from I think it is a gross sight! Some people are just queasy thinking about blood and guts. Have you seen the view inside an intestine? Some people may not find it gross, but I almost threw up watching the video from my colonoscopy. 

I'd love to use a cup, but they're expensive to buy if you're unsure, and it's not exactly something you can re-sell or gift away... lol. I don't even use tampons, as much as I'd like to. I don't want to get into specific weird details about my vagina, but slight penetration has always been painful, and so I've never ventured further. I don't know if it would get better or not, so I've never tried. This makes cup/tampons impossible because nothing's been up there. 

I should probably talk to a doctor about it, but that would mean a doctor would be up in my business down there, and that just gives me anxiety. 

TLDR; I hate pads. 

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I once went to a (male!) OBGYN instead of my usual female one, and he put me on birth control that I take continuously. I only have three or four periods a year. It's been a God-send, because my mental health and back pain gets worse if I'm PMSing. I just recently had one and I was super crabby and had a lower backache a week before and I couldn't figure out why--it was glorious to realize I was avoiding that misery monthly. 

That said, I'd like to buy a cup, but I'm nervous about insertion. I also have no idea if I have a high or low cervix--I suppose I could ask my OBGYN at my next visit.

Have you noticed acne on continuous birth control? I was on the type 21 day pill/ 7 days of placebo for almost 3 years and in Sept. my doctor approved me to take it continuously because I was getting bad headaches and yeast infections during my placebo week. While those two problems have disappeared, ive noticed my lower left jaw/chin area breaking out which has never happened before. Not sure if its related but id like to go away!

3 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Menopause rocks. 

Yeah, reading all these I kept thinking how incredibly happy I am that I had a hysterectomy. One of the best decisions of my life!

3 hours ago, Belugaloo said:

Have you noticed acne on continuous birth control? I was on the type 21 day pill/ 7 days of placebo for almost 3 years and in Sept. my doctor approved me to take it continuously because I was getting bad headaches and yeast infections during my placebo week. While those two problems have disappeared, ive noticed my lower left jaw/chin area breaking out which has never happened before. Not sure if its related but id like to go away!

I haven't noticed any uptick in acne--just the occasional stress-related chin zit. But hormones and body chemistry are a funny thing, so I wouldn't rule out your birth control.

• Jellybean locked, unlocked and locked this topic

Archived