IGNORED

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

Used my Instant Pot today to make coconut curry chicken and rice. Yum. Love the machine, despite being annoyed by my hub initially for buying it even though we have a perfectly functional crockpot and a pressure cooker.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing for dinner here, it's "fend for yourself" night. The GERD is hitting HARD, I think soda was the trigger this time. Who the hell knows...so, I'm chilling out on the whole food thing and drinking things that won't make me feel like I'm trying to swallow fire. 

So I was just browing Instagram, and I came across the profile of Abbie's cousin Cori Spruiell. Why do I mention this? Because Cori just got married to a woman a few weeks before Abbie and David tied the knot. I'm kind of shocked that Abbie seems to have a pretty good relationship with her openly and very unapologetically gay cousin. Good for her. I do hope Cori (and her wife if she was there) was treated well at the wedding!

Here's the picture that brought me to Cori's profile:

If you click on her profile, you'll see pictures of her and her wife. She also posted this a while ago:

Spoiler

38 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

nothing for dinner here, it's "fend for yourself" night. The GERD is hitting HARD, I think soda was the trigger this time. Who the hell knows...so, I'm chilling out on the whole food thing and drinking things that won't make me feel like I'm trying to swallow fire. 

Anything carbonated makes me breathe fire. It’s awful. Therefore I almost always drink water. It’s boring but it doesn’t make me want to rip out my esophagus. 

1 hour ago, meowfundiecatz said:

Not to be tooooooo big of a weirdo/creeper, but on one of the laundry room videos of the Duggars there is definitely a huge bin of tighty whities. I thought it was SO awkward! And not modest. And potentially answered the question if they just pooled all the underwear of the same size.

NO! NO! NO!

I did NOT want to play boxers or briefs with the Duggar males! I didn't want to know!

7 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

NO! NO! NO!

I did NOT want to play boxers or briefs with the Duggar males! I didn't want to know!

I do have to apologize. I'm on some medication that has slightly sedated me so my judgement of what I am posting is definitely a little lapsed. Rufus Bless.

2 minutes ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I do have to apologize. I'm on some medication that has slightly sedated me so my judgement of what I am posting is definitely a little lapsed. Rufus Bless.

Please don't feel like you have to apologize...I know we discuss anything and everything on Free Jinger!

So I was just browing Instagram, and I came across the profile of Abbie's cousin Cori Spruiell. Why do I mention this? Because Cori just got married to a woman a few weeks before Abbie and David tied the knot. I'm kind of shocked that Abbie seems to have a pretty good relationship with her openly and very unapologetically gay cousin. Good for her. I do hope Cori (and her wife if she was there) was treated well at the wedding!

[/url] If you click on her profile, you'll see pictures of her and her wife. She also posted this a while ago:

Spoiler  

[/url]

I have a bunch of mutual acquaintances with Cori. How funny. Let's play 7 degrees of duggars!

ETA I don't know why this particular post linked, but I'm not mad about it

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

If you click on her profile, you'll see pictures of her and her wife. She also posted this a while ago:

Hide contents

That’s very encouraging. I’m glad Abbie  didn’t exclude her cousin. I wonder if she made the cake? She seems to be a baker, or instagram dessert photo influencer (apparently this is an actual thing) 

I love that cake! Jessa’s dress and that cake are enough to make me want to snatch up a new husband to have a wedding ....if he could be rented, like the dishes, and then disappear. 

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

Reveal hidden contents

But you know, it's hate the sin and not the sinner. I do not have high hopes for them at all. But it is an extremely good find. I love when freejinger finds out stuff like this.

I'm curious as to whether or not Abbie went to her cousins wedding. The only reason I ask is because of the whole "hate the sin not the sinner" mentioned above but I can guarentee that if my parents/siblings were invited to a wedding where it was anything other than a man & woman they would not attend. (they are ultra ultra fundie) so if Abbie did attend, honestly to me that speaks volumes for her considering she is fundie too. I really really hope she attended and supported her cousin on her special day! 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You guys were asking for pictures of food from the wedding. Here is a pic of the chocolate fountain. 

F24B54EA-79A9-48ED-96A4-311C279624C3.jpeg

Austin will be haunted by double dipping nightmares for weeks to come! :jawdrop:

19 minutes ago, mollysmom said:

I'm curious as to whether or not Abbie went to her cousins wedding. The only reason I ask is because of the whole "hate the sin not the sinner" mentioned above but I can guarentee that if my parents/siblings were invited to a wedding where it was anything other than a man & woman they would not attend. (they are ultra ultra fundie) so if Abbie did attend, honestly to me that speaks volumes for her considering she is fundie too. I really really hope she attended and supported her cousin on her special day! 

I hope she attended, too. At my wedding I invited an old school friend of mine who became a fundie during High School, so she can be considered a first generation fundie à la Michelle and JB. She did the whole thing: getting married young, at 20, being a virgin on her wedding day, going to church every second day and basically planning her whole free time around church and Bible study. After Highschool she did not attend university even though she had the good grades because of her religion. They did wait to have children until she was around 27/28 but after that, I suspect, she also went quiverfull/leaving it up to God, because she has been pregnant ever since, almost none stop. Her kids are usually less than 1.5 years apart. I guess she will continue until 43-45. By then, she could have 10 children easily if nothing bad happens.

Anyway....she did attend my gay wedding, which I never would have expected at all! I was very positively surprised. But when I saw her agan this year at another wedding and when I tried to talk to her she would not like to talk to me and stopped the conversation, so..., Idk, maybe she had a bad day or something.

Maybe fundies see it as "keeping your friends close, but your enemies closer" type of thing? I don't trust fundies who attend gay weddings, at least not regarding progressiveness and open-mindedness.

2 hours ago, mollysmom said:

Looks like the cousin eloped, so not many guests. Her Instagram feed is making me quite hungry.

Also Abbie and John's wedding has clearly won the Duggar wedding food game.

I’m wondering if she eloped because she has quite a few religious family members that she knew might not attend. Not just Abbie’s family. 

15 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I really need to see more about this wedding (especially that speech about freed sperm). Is there a thread somewhere discussing it?

I guess having the choir sing 'Every Sperm is Sacred' would be too Catholic for a fundie wedding... Too bad.

Here you go.  Old thread about the wedding but there is a current John and Chelsy thread in that forum too.  The barefoot bride.  In Iowa.  In a snowstorm.  In December.

Darn it.  The live stream link doesn't work anymore.

I’ll take this moment to remind everyone that John has an Aunt who is gay. We have no clue how close the family is to her (and her partner of, I believe, around 30 years) and there’s a good chance that they aren’t close at all - regardless, simply having a family member who is a member of the LGBTQ+ community hasn’t made the Duggars any less Homophobic or Transphobic. Having a close relationship with someone who is LGBTQ+ can make it tougher for some people to oppose marriage equality and LGBTQ+ rights, but it’s definitely not a guarantee. 

I do hope that Abbie and her family have been supportive and accepting because everyone deserves to be loved and accepted for who they are. But I’m also not going to hold my breath on that either. 

9 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Please don't feel like you have to apologize...I know we discuss anything and everything on Free Jinger!

so Ben wears briefs :D

and John wears nothing....interesting 

Guys, of course John and Abbie invited her gay cousin to their wedding.

1. That's one more gift they're not going to miss out on.

2. Invite the sinners to your wedding, show them what a godly marriage between two godly people looks like, preach, evangelize, etc. and there's a chance they might be converted and leave their sinful ways behind!

I don't even think this is a particularly cynical take. They don't support gay people. They just don't. I'm not saying they don't love their family members who are gay, but you can love someone and still discriminate against them and be horrible to them. Look at Kelly Bates with her wall of confederate heroes and children in MAGA hats, and she has black family members. I guarantee you that John and Abbie did not invite this woman to their wedding because they support who she is in any way. They invited her because they invite everyone they've ever met, they want presents, and putting their lives on display for the heathens is their 'ministry'.

But if I was Abbies gay cousin and I knew they are against everything that I am, just wanted to show me how godly the are and we weren’t close at all, then I wouldn’t go to the wedding even if I was invited. I would do something better with my time with people that actually love me. 

But maybe she just really likes breakfast. 

Ugh! I was so excited for lunch and I thought that the John and Abbie thread would be safe; nope, Steve Maxwell's sperm, DPIAT's wide stance, tighty whiteys.

I'm going to go elsewhere and hope the conversation takes a turn for the better. ?

5 hours ago, DillyDally said:

Austin will be haunted by double dipping nightmares for weeks to come! :jawdrop:

He's not the only one.  I know I yell about BEC all the time but I can't help it ... that is a germ fest and a total embarrassment.

Those look like chafing dishes for cold food?  You can go to any thrift store and get lots of pretty glass serving bowls for next to nothing.  And serving utensils.

This was so ... who gives a shit just throw it out there.

Even with TLC money these people half ass everything.

/vent now back to not giving a shit

@singsingsing, I think you are being truly realistic and not at all cynical. Once John and Abby have children, Corrie will never, ever be allowed to babysit. 13 year old Hannie will be pressed into babysitting before Corrie is. I don't think I'm being cynical. Fundies do fervently believe homosexuality is not merely "sinful", but often "contagious". They are dead serious about the gay agenda to brainwash and indoctrinate children. Even nice fundies, like John and Abby and Ben and Jessa. 

2 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

But if I was Abbies gay cousin and I knew they are against everything that I am, just wanted to show me how godly the are and we weren’t close at all, then I wouldn’t go to the wedding even if I was invited. I would do something better with my time with people that actually love me. 

But maybe she just really likes breakfast. 

Maybe the cousin doesn’t give damn about what Abbie’s family believes. I can definitely see a scenario where it is clear they don’t approve but everyone just avoids the topic. Or maybe they all act nicely for the sake of it- lots of families do this (in regards to all sorts of arguments).

And I would strongly argue everyone is definitely more than their sexuality! Being homosexual or heterosexual is not defining everything you are.

26 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

Maybe the cousin doesn’t give damn about what Abbie’s family believes. I can definitely see a scenario where it is clear they don’t approve but everyone just avoids the topic. Or maybe they all act nicely for the sake of it- lots of families do this (in regards to all sorts of arguments).

And I would strongly argue everyone is definitely more than their sexuality! Being homosexual or heterosexual is not defining everything you are.

Maybe ”everything” was a bad choice of word. But I still wouldn’t go to my cousins wedding if they invited me and pretended my husband doesn’t exist because they don’t approve of our marriage. Even if they acted super nice and polite and avoided the subject. 

They have a thousand guests. It’s not like anyone would notice a cousin was missing.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived