IGNORED

John David and Abbie 6: Flying Off to the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Maybe I'm cynical, but until proven otherwise I'm assuming this is based on Jim-Bob's towing company and affiliated with their used car lot (present or former.)

I know a lot of people here speak well of his work ethic and I don't watch the show so I take your word for it, but when one of them launches where they are no longer earning a living based on JBs money or connections I'll be impressed.

I don’t argue that he’s getting those jobs off of JB’s connections. That’s how it works in rural areas or areas with that mindset. In most of those areas you introduce yourself as “hi I’m so and so. Yes I am x and y child.” 

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/8/2018 at 3:25 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Oh good.  I'm sure a country with 90% of it's population identifying as Christian were happy to finally hear about this elusive Jesus.

Silly, don't you know Catholics aren't REAL Christians? :pb_rollseyes:

I'd never want to see a Duggar IRL, at least not JB, M or Josh since those three disgust me to no end. I have to admit I'd be curious to see Jinger (she's my pet fundie), but honestly I feel better far away from all of them. There are people I want to see, and then there are people I don't want to see, and the Duggars are definitely on the second list... ?

9 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Let's be real here. The primary source of income for all of the Duggars and in-laws is the show. And that money is doled out by JB. I seriously doubt the married couples have their own contract with TLC.

I can bet Jeremy does. He doesn’t like JB and shows it too with his highly sarcastic “can’t hardly wait!” comments. No way he’s on a pay rol by JB is read of TLC. 

31 minutes ago, Chewing Gum said:

I can bet Jeremy does. He doesn’t like JB and shows it too with his highly sarcastic “can’t hardly wait!” comments. No way he’s on a pay rol by JB is read of TLC. 

I agree that Jeremy isn't that fond of JB. But he knows that it's smart to keep at least a polite relationship to his in-laws, since they are the key to fame and money. (This is what Derick didn't get, or didn't care about). And yes, I'm convinced that the Duggar kids/Counting on has a contract between TLC and a Duggar family company that JB controls. You need to be on friendly terms with JB to get some of the money. 

The Duggar family brand is also Jeremys key to future jobs as pastor in bigger and more lucrative places, and he knows it. So even if he doesn't like JB, he's putting on a happy face. At least until he's got a better job himself. 

11 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Let's be real here. The primary source of income for all of the Duggars and in-laws is the show. And that money is doled out by JB. I seriously doubt the married couples have their own contract with TLC.

Agree. I actually mostly believe derrick’s claim that TLC wasn’t paying them bc I’ve always assumed that any money they do get was going straight to Jim bob. 

Any sightings of John and Abbie on their honeymoon? Their destinations always stump me so I won’t even guess. JD has travelled quite a bit so I do wonder where they went. Will they combine their honeymoon with a Mission Trip? I would hate to share my honeymoon with a bunch of missionaries, but there are tons of Duggar stuff that I would hate so...

I'm kind of hoping that they don' t do the European trip, unless, of course, they ACTUALLY want to go to Europe. I feel those honeymoon destinations were lost on the other Duggars.

I see them somewhere out West, just absorbing nature and having fun pretty much alone. But that's just me....

Maybe they didn't go on a TLC provided honeymoon.  We should have had the two day after TLC video by now if the camera crew was with them.

I think that Kendra really enjoyed going to Greece and Joe was absolutely besotted and wanted Kendra to be happy. 

I bet Joy and Austin loved the scenery of Switzerland. The glider was super cool.

Jessa and Ben were really into each other and Paris is known for romance. 

I think that Jeremy wanted to go as far as TLC would pay. I think once the obligatory filming days were done they enjoyed their trip to Australia. 

One couple I can’t quite figure out is Siren. She loved the Sound of Music and hopefully they had fun exploring Austria once the cameras were away. 

The tacky touristy videos from TLC hopefully didn’t take away too much from their honeymoons, but since the company was paying them to actually go there, I guess they could put up with a day or two of bother. 

Projecting my own travel bucket list onto honeymoon possibilities...

Mongolia: big wide open spaces (so fewer people for them to bother) with plenty of cool trekking and cultural opportunities, and TLC has plenty of opportunities to get HI-larious footage of JD attempting the Manly Sports of the Mongols and sleeping in a ger (yurt)

Tanzania: the country's already Protestant AF (what I wouldn't give to watch a missionary turf war, or for the locals to try to convert them to a slightly different flavor of Protestantism), it's got gorgeous beaches, safaris, good food, plenty of opportunities for TLC to capture all sorts of cultural misunderstandings that take a sharp turn into casual racism, what's not to love? 

The Trans-Siberian Railway: I could totally see JD getting corrupted by a bunch of jovial drunken Russian mobsters in the next berth and I want this to happen so badly

22 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Projecting my own travel bucket list onto honeymoon possibilities...

Mongolia: big wide open spaces (so fewer people for them to bother) with plenty of cool trekking and cultural opportunities, and TLC has plenty of opportunities to get HI-larious footage of JD attempting the Manly Sports of the Mongols and sleeping in a ger (yurt)

Tanzania: the country's already Protestant AF (what I wouldn't give to watch a missionary turf war, or for the locals to try to convert them to a slightly different flavor of Protestantism), it's got gorgeous beaches, safaris, good food, plenty of opportunities for TLC to capture all sorts of cultural misunderstandings that take a sharp turn into casual racism, what's not to love? 

The Trans-Siberian Railway: I could totally see JD getting corrupted by a bunch of jovial drunken Russian mobsters in the next berth and I want this to happen so badly

Tanzania had been on my bucket list as well but recently started a big nasty crackdown on LGBT people.   As an ally and parent of LGBT kids there's no way we can visit there (or take our kids there) until that policy gets overturned.  

On 11/12/2018 at 12:53 PM, karen77 said:

Maybe they can go to South America or Asia, neither has been done so far...

Abbie may have been on some misscations that I don't know about, but JD has been to Central (Danger) America with short-term family missions through SOS several times, but not South America, AFAIK. 

He's been to Scotland, Ireland, England, and Israel with the family,  That's been done.

JD also went to Asia chaperoning Jana on a 2 week misscation - that was through IBLP converting kids in Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

And he's already been to the Philippines.   Delivered tracts.

Australia was covered by Jinger and Jeremy the Jerk.

Other IBLP outposts are in New Zealand, Taiwan, Mexico, Mongolia, Russia, and Romania.  All possibilities,  

Gothard avoided Africa, but perhaps JD and Abbie could honeymoon in Zambia and 'serve" at the same time as he's a pilot and good at mechanical things.  There's a rusty wingless plane there that needs to be fixed before Shrader can take off in it. 

On 11/11/2018 at 8:09 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Maybe I'm cynical, but until proven otherwise I'm assuming this is based on Jim-Bob's towing company and affiliated with their used car lot (present or former.)

I know a lot of people here speak well of his work ethic and I don't watch the show so I take your word for it, but when one of them launches where they are no longer earning a living based on JBs money or connections I'll be impressed.

A couple of things - Duggar Towing is still a going concern and we know it was set up for JD way back when.  Just as the original used car lot (the one that was sold when Josh went to DC) was given to Josh.  Duggar Towing has 2 employees, probably JD and Joseph, and may or may not be owned by one of Jim Bob's many mysterious companies.  There's also a confusing non-profit called Duggar Properties, LLC.  https://www.bizapedia.com/ar/duggar-properties-llc.html

Jim Bob plays a shell game with his money, but we know at least some of the houses are in the names of the adult children.  Doesn't even Jana own some rental property - I'm sure some of our super sleuths found a house in her name.

Yes, the chances are that the TLC paychecks go into a Duggar Family Trust fund, possibly  controlled with an iron fist by Jim Bob.  But, if that is the case, the adult children are pretty stupid not to have renegotiated when they reached 18. and certainly with the beginning of Counting On.  I suspect some of them aren't that stupid.  Of course, the minor children are still screwed and not covered by Child Labor Laws. 

As for relying on Jim Bob's handouts - all the children were minors at the beginning of 19K&C.  And filming a Reality TV show IS work, although work we tend to disparage on FJ.  

The children, both adult and minor, have earned a share of the money that Jim Bob is supposedly controlling.  However, the idea that he is still controlling all the cash is apparently based on Derick Dillard's rambling claims of not being paid and pure speculation.

If Jim Bob is still holding the purse strings tight - well, in my dreams the children will all rise up some day and demand their back pay in a major lawsuit against him.  And win. :)

56 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

There's a rusty wingless plane there that needs to be fixed before Shrader can take off in it. 

Someone needs to make this happen because I would watch the hell out of John Shrader, his fake accent and his reaction to being told that he got scammed into buying an unfixable pile of junk. 

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:
A couple of things - Duggar Towing is still a going concern and we know it was set up for JD way back when.  Just as the original used car lot (the one that was sold when Josh went to DC) was given to Josh.  Duggar Towing has 2 employees, probably JD and Joseph, and may or may not be owned by one of Jim Bob's many mysterious companies.  There's also a confusing non-profit called Duggar Properties, LLC.  https://www.bizapedia.com/ar/duggar-properties-llc.html
Jim Bob plays a shell game with his money, but we know at least some of the houses are in the names of the adult children.  Doesn't even Jana own some rental property - I'm sure some of our super sleuths found a house in her name.
Yes, the chances are that the TLC paychecks go into a Duggar Family Trust fund, possibly  controlled with an iron fist by Jim Bob.  But, if that is the case, the adult children are pretty stupid not to have renegotiated when they reached 18. and certainly with the beginning of Counting On.  I suspect some of them aren't that stupid.  Of course, the minor children are still screwed and not covered by Child Labor Laws. 
As for relying on Jim Bob's handouts - all the children were minors at the beginning of 19K&C.  And filming a Reality TV show IS work, although work we tend to disparage on FJ.  
The children, both adult and minor, have earned a share of the money that Jim Bob is supposedly controlling.  However, the idea that he is still controlling all the cash is apparently based on Derick Dillard's rambling claims of not being paid and pure speculation.
If Jim Bob is still holding the purse strings tight - well, in my dreams the children will all rise up some day and demand their back pay in a major lawsuit against him.  And win. [emoji4]

Not sure how they have this one hidden.. Taking a big risk. Other than the home games for Razorback Football and the War Eagle Craft Fair there ain't much happening to draw this kind of clientele. Clisest amusement park is in Branson wich is a little over two hours away.

https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/09/fayetteville-planning-commission-signs-/

I forgot Bikes Blues and BBQ...this pretty much it for big tourist draws.

Do I remember correctly that they asked guests not to post any wedding pictures before the 14th? So, is there anything special happening today? They already got their magazine article out a week ago, the first look clip will air on the 20th, no?  :confused2:

Even if The Duggar children are all that controlled, naive or placid enough to just sign contracts to hand  all paychecks to family pot and thats pretty unlikely do you really think  the married in spouses would go along with that?  Jeremy alone ain’t got time for that shit  with his pretensions and Abbie is used to making her way with hard work she sure is not going to let her father in law dole her money like a kid getting an allowance.   

2 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Even if The Duggar children are all that controlled, naive or placid enough to just sign contracts to hand  all paychecks to family pot and thats pretty unlikely do you really think  the married in spouses would go along with that?  Jeremy alone ain’t got time for that shit  with his pretensions and Abbie is used to making her way with hard work she sure is not going to let her father in law dole her money like a kid getting an allowance.   

I think it all depends on what else JB offers or threatens to withhold. Has he supplied free or very cheap housing? Down payments (Vuolos), health care insurance for everyone, newer cars for all, free babysitting, travel, utilities, food, side jobs (Ben), tuition (Derick), labor (Austin)???

He can’t force adults to sign TLC contracts hand over money to him. If withholding new cars or babysitting is all it takes than they are greedy  gutless  fools.  Get a used car and watch own kids.  Or Get Real jobs even it means the Duggar princesses have to scrimp and live without international trips. 

23 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

He can’t force adults to sign TLC contracts hand over money to him. If withholding new cars or babysitting is all it takes than they are greedy  gutless  fools.  Get a used car and watch own kids.  Or Get Real jobs even it means the Duggar princesses have to scrimp and live without international trips. 

I think we all sometimes fall into the trap of "why don't the 2nd generation Duggars do...." and this is all based on our own lives and living in the real world. They don't do X,Y and Z because most of them don't have the skills (physical, emotional, social) or education to do X, Y and Z. The real world operates counter to everything taught and shown in Duggarville. Most people do not support a large flock on smiling and whispering Jesus.

They don't have the skills and they don't have the ability to even think of stuff like that. I imagine majority of them aren't thinking that JB is stealing their money, it's not even a thought process of theirs to think that this might not be normal/right. To them, they're just blindly following their dad as they've done all their life, and thinking he's leading them in the right direction. They might be married with "new headships" but Daddy still runs that family. 

I think it's more like the main TLC contract is with a Duggar corporation not with individuals.  So when a new person comes on the scene, they would have to have the knowledge and backbone to refuse to be filmed without a contract with TLC.  Otherwise, business would go on as usual.  TLC wouldn't be obligated to approach the person to sign a contract in those circumstances.  The problem would be Jim Bob's or whoever controls the corporation.

Please. Those kind of cop outs and excuses for the Duggar offspring may have worked 10 or 15 years ago but not now and certainly not for a people like Jeremy or Derick who know what contracts are. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived