IGNORED

Straitway Helpmeets

Sister_Wife

On 11/10/2018 at 4:15 PM, J'emima Puddlecluck said:

Thank you for explaining that.  So interesting!  I can understand a man wanting more wives but I don't know of any woman that wants more than one husband.  Unless of course they are the top ten recently noted in People magazine!   :thumbsup:

Re polyandry: Reminds me of a column once written by a local journalist. He and his wife had just had a baby, and neither of them wanted to leave the baby to go back to work after their parental leave was up. So he thought, “Let’s get a second husband who’ll go to work every day to support us! We’ll even settle for a subpar second husband, who’s a workaholic who’s never home or spends all his spare time at the sports bar, just as long as he brings home a paycheck.”

• Haha 6

On 11/10/2018 at 3:15 PM, J'emima Puddlecluck said:

Thank you for explaining that.  So interesting!  I can understand a man wanting more wives but I don't know of any woman that wants more than one husband.  Unless of course they are the top ten recently noted in People magazine!   :thumbsup:

Could we make our own lists?  I can think of a few I'd want on mine.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

• 10 months later...

I'm glad this thread is here. I fell into the Straitway rabbit hole a while back and have watched bits of a few of the Helpmeets videos. They feature much unpacking of stuff, but also a lot of chats between the women. Anyways, I did a bit of a search on YouTube and came up with a couple of interesting videos and the titles are quite misleading:

• Leaving Straitway Cult, with subtitle The Day I Left Straightway Cult in TN. Despite the title, it's NOT about escaping a cult, it's about going home after a big meetup.
  • Straitway (Pastor Dowell) RUINED my DAMNED life. Which actually means he's big-time into Straitway and not damned any more - ha, see what he did there?!?

It's a very exclusive group, in the sense that they are big on excluding people. There's a 2 hour vid recently posted where you can hear all about why you can't become a member.

I also listened to a 10 minute diatribe from Dowell about women who divorce godly men and have apparently done nothing to deserve the payout they get for raising their 8 children (https: //youtu.be/BxCal7APkSw) It's ok though, the guy has now remarried a meek and submissive woman who knows her place and signed a pre-nup entitling her to nothing if they divorce.

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Sister_Wife said:

This is a new fave video of mine ;) 

I saw that one too and it totally took me by surprise that they carry guns. I should probably say that I'm from Australia, and the thought of guns being carried around by anyone fills me with horror. But these two? Where on earth is their settlement - Gotham City??

• Upvote 3