IGNORED

The Midterms: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Destiny

1 minute ago, faraway said:

It's 2.15 am here and I'm watching. Holding my breath over TX right now! ?

Wouldn't it be great for Cruz to get kicked to the curb??? I know it's not likely to happen. Hey, maybe Putin wants Beto.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Wouldn't it be great for Cruz to get kicked to the curb??? I know it's not likely to happen. Hey, maybe Putin wants Beto.

It would be glorious! One can dream... FL senat results should be announced soon, I can't watch!

2 minutes ago, faraway said:

It would be glorious! One can dream... FL senat results should be announced soon, I can't watch!

A gutt check for sure.

Looking at the local results so far and there is no blue wave here. I'm feeling super depressed at this moment. 

1 minute ago, formergothardite said:

Looking at the local results so far and there is no blue wave here. I'm feeling super depressed at this moment. 

I'm feeling scared.  Jim Carville just said there will be no blue wave, but he's still "hopeful" the Democrats can squeak by in the House.   

@GreyhoundFan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wexton unseats Comstock in Virginia’s 10th District

WASHINGTON – Democratic state Sen. Jennifer Wexton has unseated Republican U.S. Rep. Barbara Comstock, The Associated Press has projected, sending a Democrat to represent Virginia’s 10th Congressional District for the first time since 1981.

The race was one of the most closely watched in the country.

In an interview with WTOP’s Max Smith last month, Wexton said of herself, “I’m a longtime resident of the district. I’m a mom, a former prosecutor and a bipartisan state senator who is determined to go to Washington and get things done for my constituents.”

Comstock cited her record in a separate interview, calling herself “a bipartisan leader on the priorities of the region.” Wexton, on the other hand, said Comstock voted with President Donald Trump 98 percent of the time.

I don't drink(personal choice), but I'm surrounded by chocolate.   Lots and lots of chocolate.  And I'm watching the nightly Forensic Files marathon on HLN.

1 hour ago, Jinder Roles said:

IMO you need a combination of people working both in and outside of the system.

But what exactly is that woman who apparently works with a website that spreads unreliable news actually doing besides encouraging people to think that voting is a waste of time? 

Guess what, there is no perfect candidate out there that will create a utopia of peace and harmony where no one or no thing gets hurt, so her reason that trying to find better people to vote for is worthless is just bullshit. There are no perfect people, but there are better people, people who are willing to change the system if we just get them in there. For example the guy running against my house representative would be a breath of fresh air. He isn't getting money from any big corporation, he is willing to criticize the democratic party and say what things he supports that the republican party is doing. Is he perfect? No. Is he a mountain better than the awful excuse of a human we have now? Hell yes. He isn't going to win. And people like that woman who sat there sanctimoniously talking about how voting is pointless is part of the problem. Maybe if instead she went out and actually encouraged people to vote for folks who will make a difference a difference will be made. Making whiny Youtube videos about not voting is just playing into the hands of the GOP because her not voting against them and encouraging others to do the same it keeps them in power. 

Seriously, I have no use for people like her anymore. She is part of the problem not any part of the solution. I'm in a foul depressed mood right now and don't have patience for people who are helping the GOP destroy America. 

@formergothardite I admittedly know nothing about her apart from this video, but a few points she brought up I’ve heard reverberated by others I know. A few of these points are valid IMO (not in the way that people shouldn’t vote, but that there more complex conversations to have than “vote or you’re helping Trump destroy the country). Maybe this is a conversation for another day when tensions are less high. 

She’s not helping your cause, but I don’t think it’s fair to say she (or people who don’t vote) are “helping the GOP destroy the country”. It’s a similar argument to the one made in 2016 when people voting 3rd party were somehow responsible for helping Trump win. 

I’m not naive enough to think a perfect candidate or person can fix anything. To me, it’s more about ideology, systems and precedents. I think that was the point she was attempting to make.  She doesn’t believe anything useful can be accomplished through this system. I disagree, but it’s a point I’ve been considering rather than outright dismissing. 

Watching Chopped now and drinking flavored vodka and seltzer.  I have a three hour presentation to give tomorrow at 9.  Chopped and vodka are all I can handle now.

Watching CNN results with my stomach churning and my heart pounding. This is not the blue wave I hoped to see. 

I'm going to hold out hope for my own state once polls close.

Well, I am not at home in pajamas. And I’m rapidly losing hope for Florida. He has to hang on. Really crossing my fingers they can find the votes somewhere. 

I’m up here in Canada waving a blue flag! The World is watching and I am so hopeful.  Good luck Democrats.

I've been feeling for a long time that this blue wave won't happen. There is too much apathy right now when it comes to voting. The GOP has folks who will get out and vote, the rest of the non-hateful people don't. As long as that is what happens then no matter how many marches there are or how many people don't like what they are doing the GOP will keep power. The GOP is now the party of Trump and Trump supporters are fanatical about keeping him in power. 

I need the FJ closet with fuzzy blankets right now. I really feel like I'm about to cry. 

2 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Well, I am not at home in pajamas. And I’m rapidly losing hope for Florida. He has to hang on. Really crossing my fingers they can find the votes somewhere. 

Southeastern FL...why is it always South FL?

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Southeastern FL...why is it always South FL?

Because thats where all the people we've literally voted off our own "islands" have moved and retired... at least coming from the Northeast. Honestly that's probably what allows most of the Northeast to remain blue. 

Overall I am pretty disappointed in the results so far. There are some bright spots here and there. I just hope the Dems don't roll over and give up when it comes time for the next election. I am just praying we do well enough to keep faith that we can overcome these last few years.

I didn't read through all the replies so I don't know if this was mentioned as it isn't super important to the overall national elections but Guam elected its first woman Governor tonight, a democrat after republican has held the seat for 15 years. The republican that lost was considered the favorite and there was a fairly major write in campaign by the democrat that lost in the primary and he was expected to split the vote. 

I like paper ballots, but that is the bean counter who likes paper trails for you.  

Dont trust any of the state wide numbers the national coverage is showing for Missouri, the secretary of state’s office is not reporting numbers due to folks still in line in St. Louis (and this always happens in STL) (also St. Louis, Columbia and Kansas City are typically late with results)

and after the dotard in chiefs visit to Columbia mo last week and the turnout for that I am not shocked st the lack of the blue wave 

• Destiny unpinned this topic

Archived