IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

17 minutes ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Delurking to ask:  Do the Maxwells and Arndts know each other?

I doubt it.  Both families attend the church of Daddy.  The Maxhellions do overlap Gothardite gatherings, but the Arndts are not really connected with the Fundies we usually snark on, AFAWK.  

And the Arndts venture into heathen territory for their court reporter work, love for soft ball, and risque wedding photography.  Steve would not approve.

• Upvote 11

23 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

OTOH, if a Maxwell daughter marries an Arndt - life as we know it would be over.  Pigs will fly, snowballs will remain icy in Hell, comets will crash and burn, satellites will go out of orbit, and not just FJ - the entire internet will fail - never to recover.

It will be the Apocalypse, my friends!

This would be like the time when the folks from Petticoat Junction, The Beverly Hillbillies, and Green Acres had Thanksgiving dinner together in Hooterville!

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Baba O'Riley said:

Delurking to ask:  Do the Maxwells and Arndts know each other?

The Arndts don’t seem to mix that much with other fundies. I’ve always thought it a bit strange since most of the fundie families on FJ are at least casual friends with another fundie family or two. Even the Andersons met the Maxwell’s at a meet and greet one time! The Arndts are one of the more insular fundie families we talk about. The Maxwell’s have actually met quite a few fundie families. 

Now that I think of it the Maxwell’s and the Arndts are sort of fundie opposites in a way. 

The Arndts mix a lot with non-fundies through work and softball. Yet they still choose to live all at home without branching out in marriage. And the Maxwell’s have met many fundie families so they seem to have quite a few fundie friends. And they’ve married off 4 sons to other fundies. It makes me wonder if the Arndts would actually start marrying if they started mingling with non-fundies. Because obviously Rick and Cathy wouldn’t approve of some mainstream girlfriend that they may have met through work.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

I find myself wondering what the point was of have soooooo many children if Papa and Mama Arndt had no intention of letting them marry and continue having babies to further the work of God? You're gonna build an army for God but then let it die after the first generation? It just seems so odd. But everything about them is odd.

*I have no idea if the Arndt parents adhere to the army for God idea. I'm just so confused about why have so many kids if you weren't looking to build up the Conservative Christian population longer than your children's lifespans? 

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, FaithAndReason said:

I find myself wondering what the point was of have soooooo many children if Papa and Mama Arndt had no intention of letting them marry and continue having babies to further the work of God? You're gonna build an army for God but then let it die after the first generation? It just seems so odd. But everything about them is odd.

*I have no idea if the Arndt parents adhere to the army for God idea. I'm just so confused about why have so many kids if you weren't looking to build up the Conservative Christian population longer than your children's lifespans? 

It makes me wonder if they were incredibly naive to think they would find 13 fundie gals exactly like Cathy and one fundie guy just like Rick. Or they just can’t seem to let them go. Or maybe it’s a mix? 

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Lurky said:

So next Q - is there any family pairing that would cause a bigger melt down?  I guess a Bates and a Duggar would burn everything down, because there are so many more people following them...  But I wonder how a Rod/Anderson or Rod/Shrader wedding would compare in FJ explosions?

(And another Q for everyone - what's your ideal/most terrifying Fundy "crossing the streams" wedding?  Not about individuals marrying each other, but more for the FJ spectacle of worlds colliding/parents interacting?)

I agree that Bates/Duggars would cause a meltdown just to sheer volume of followers, but honestly, I would freak out if Rods hooked up with any of the other families that we're aware of. They don't seem popular in their community (thanks, JRod) so I expect the kids to marry unknowns. I hope some break out of the cult though, of course.

• Upvote 13

I feel like the Arndts wouldn't want to overly advertise a courtship or marriage of just one child. Frankly, no matter which of the kiddults you put in the position of hypothetical newlywed, it would be impossibly weird from a promotional/brand standpoint. Oldest? Youngest of legal age? Wizzy? It doesn't matter. If any one of them attracts the attention of the mainstream media again due to a courtship or marriage, the bizarre Cult of Eternal Boyhood will be revealed, and people will be... uncomfortable. 

There's lots of perfectly good reasons for a person to choose to avoid marriage or commitment. And many reasons to conserve resources by living at your parents' home for some of your adult life. But there's just no way to rationalize the presence of ALL of those (rapidly aging) men, still crawling the walls of the family home, seemingly oblivious to financial, social, or even biological imperatives. 

As the years have passed, I've become less and less confident that any of them will marry, so long as their parents live. However, if we hear of an Arndt family marriage, I think it will be just that: a large group marriage between several of the Arndt sons and the daughters of a carefully selected family. Something on the order of the S'Morton matches. 

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

I agree that Bates/Duggars would cause a meltdown just to sheer volume of followers, but honestly, I would freak out if Rods hooked up with any of the other families that we're aware of. They don't seem popular in their community (thanks, JRod) so I expect the kids to marry unknowns. I hope some break out of the cult though, of course.

Yeah, I think Jill has made herself infamous enough to repel the more prominent fundie families.  I imagine they know who's welcome at royalty social gatherings, and have heard about the funeral selfie and other antics.

• Upvote 3

As far as making FJ go into total meltdown - I'm going full nightmare scenario here......

Alan Smith getting himself re-latched to Katie, or in fact, any woman.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And the Arndts venture into heathen territory for their court reporter work, love for soft ball, and risque wedding photography.  Steve would not approve.

Not to mention Cathy's shorty shorts. I'm sure she has also has some contrasting buttons.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

As far as making FJ go into total meltdown - I'm going full nightmare scenario here......

Alan Smith getting himself re-latched to Katie, or in fact, any woman.

I would go to the butcher and get a pot roast just so I could have something meaty to stab.

I feel like the Serven sisters could have been good matches for the Arndt brothers, but alas not to be.

Sidenote: The Servens used to be a somewhat frequently discussed family and yet they're not on Fruit of the Womb, any chance of adding them?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, adidas said:

Total FJ meltdown - an Anderson kid with a Rodlet. 

JRod and the PP might go into full Cats of Kilkenny mode and wipe themselves from the face of the earth.  It could be a very good thing.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Sidenote: The Servens used to be a somewhat frequently discussed family and yet they're not on Fruit of the Womb, any chance of adding them?

If you get me the info I can add them but I don't have very complete info at the moment. I have all of the kids but not very many of the grandkids.

• Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Bethella said:

If you get me the info I can add them but I don't have very complete info at the moment. I have all of the kids but not very many of the grandkids.

I'll see what I can do. Give me 24 hours or so to jump back down the rabbit hole.

• Upvote 4

I'm still totally shipping Cooper Dauer and a Rodrigues girl. I want to see Marcie Dauer and JRod plan a wedding together.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bethella said:

Gah posted this accidentally before any info was in it. ignore this one. There's another post coming.

Edited by CaptainFunderpants
Somehow posted with almost no info.

12 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Here's what I've got, mostly compiled from other FJ threads:

Rebecca Serven Loomis

Is there supposed to be something more to this like a link?

Joanna Klein is now married to a chap called Ezra Brainard, and might be pregnant if I’m not mistaken re their photograph on the banner at the top of the Klein blog. I’ve done a bit of digging on FB and it transpires that the wedding was on 21 April.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I'll see what I can do. Give me 24 hours or so to jump back down the rabbit hole.

Most of this was compiled via other FJ threads, so thank-you all for that. Shoutout in particular for MamaJuneBug, original Fundie Wedding Crasher (Rebecca's wedding) and faithful Serven follower.

The Serven blog went private likely because of us, although it's not clear when. Supposedly it hadn't been updated in quite a while (since 2013) even when our threads were still remaining pretty current (2015) because the blog was mostly Rebecca's doing anyway, and Rebecca stopped updating her own family's blog in 2015. That may or may not be the reason we ended up not following them as closely.

Another reason is that they seem rather mainstream conservative Christian nowadays, but do remember: Cody Winton (Sarah's husband) was/is besties with Peter Bringe, Melody Seppi's husband, and the Seppis and Bringes respectively are NUTS. This is still a Dominionist family, no matter how normal they look now.

All that said... During Thanksgiving 2017, Matriarch Cheryl Serven noted she had 13 grandkids. From what I can find, they now have 14 (Piper was born via Sarah), but it's possible one more was born in the meantime.

Rebecca Serven Loomis (married Steven Loomis Dec 2009)

1. Nehemiah: June 14, 2012
2. Priscilla: August 17, 2013
Ezra: Miscarried February 2015, original due date August 2015
3. Hosea: June 7, 2017

Nathan Serven (married Emily Johnson in 2016ish after a broken engagement prior)

None as of 2017, couldn't find anything about 2018.

Beth Serven Tendolle (married Jon Tendolle April 2009)

4. Bella (mid-late 2010?)
5. Girl April 2012
6. Girl ??
7. Girl Late 2015/early 2016
8. Boy 2017

Peter Serven (divorced from Meredith Blalock late 2017/early 2018)
Two kids including:
9. Naphtalie: June 24, 2012
10. ???

Sarah Serven (married Cody Winton, August 23, 2014)
11. Bridger: October 3, 2015
12. Piper: February 10, 2018

Ben Serven (married Micaela Marques May 29, 2015)
13. Evelyn: February 22, 2016
14. Temothy: September 3, 2017

-------

Serven kids still unmarried
Lydia: Born 1995 (currently 23)
Andrew: Born 1999 (currently 19)
Joel: Born 2001 (currently 17)

-----

Overall they remind me of the Roberts family in regard to being hipsters. Cody Winton works at google. Sarah herself works as a graphic designer one day a week. Peter Serven is divorced.

Once again: Shoutout to MamaJuneBug, if you or anyone else have anything to add, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do. Hopefully this post is at least a good re-grouping point for others with better detective capabilities than I.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Rebecca Serven Loomis (married Steven Loomis Dec 2009)

1. Nehemiah: June 14, 2012
2. Priscilla: August 17, 2013
Ezra: Miscarried February 2015, original due date August 2015
3. Hosea: June 7, 2017

Can't verify it now due to private IGs, blogs, etc., but I'm pretty sure that the Loomii have suffered through at least three miscarriages or pregnancy losses in addition to their three children.

In fact, Rebecca's first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, and there was at least one more before the loss of Ezra. 

It all must have been very hard for them.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Can't verify it now due to private IGs, blogs, etc., but I'm pretty sure that the Loomii have suffered through at least three miscarriages or pregnancy losses in addition to their three children.

In fact, Rebecca's first pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, and there was at least one more before the loss of Ezra. 

It all must have been very hard for them.

I have three listed for sure and a fourth with a question mark.

Baby Joy, April 2010

possible miscarriage, 2013-2015?

Ezra Thankful, February 24, 2015 at 15 weeks (due August 2015)

Felicity (Love or Hope?), June 3, 2018, early miscarriage before publicly announcing pregnancy.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

@CaptainFunderpants I made changes based on the information I have (which is more than I realized earlier). I'll try to get it uploaded to FOTW this weekend.

Rebecca Serven Loomis (married Steven Loomis Dec November 2009)

• Baby Joy, miscarriage, April 2010
  • Nehemiah Schmidt: June 14, 2012
  • Priscilla Jane: August 17, 2013
  • possible misscarriage, 2013-2015?
  • Ezra Thankful: Miscarried February 2015, original due date August 2015
  • Hosea: June 7, 2017
  • Felicity (Love or Hope?), June 3, 2018, early miscarriage before publicly announcing pregnancy

Nathan Serven (married Emily Johnson in 2016ish October 2012 after a broken engagement prior)

• None as of 2017, couldn't find anything about 2018.

Beth Serven Tendolle (married Jon Tendolle April 2009)

• Isabella Joy Bella (mid-late 2010?) April 2010
  • Naomi Hope Girl April 2012
  • Girl ?? February 2014
  • Girl Late 2015/early 2016
  • Boy (June?) 2017

Peter Serven (Married October 2011, divorced from Meredith Blalock late 2017/early 2018)
Two kids including:

• Naphtalie Judith: June 24, 2012
  • ???

Sarah Serven (married Cody Winton, August 23, 2014)

• Bridger Thomas : October 3, 2015
  • Piper Joy: February 10, 2018

Ben Serven (married Micaela Marques May 29, 2015)

• Evelyn Jane: February 22, 2016
  • Temothy Timothy Andres: September 3, 2017

-------

I have a note of two other names mentioned: Abigail and Keziah, I'm not sure if they're Beth's daughters or someone else's daughters.

Serven kids still unmarried
Lydia: Born June 1995 (currently 23)
Andrew: Born 1999 December 1998 (currently 19)
Joel: Born October 2001 (currently 17)

• Thank You 6

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic