IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

What I can see about the guy is that his mom is Asian, his dad is white, he has a ton of siblings, one brother is a doctor, his siblings seem Christian but I can’t exactly tell if they are full on fundie. They all seem to go to regular colleges too. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought a bunch of the Keilens weren't fundie at all? I have no idea which ones, though.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JillyO said:

I don't have an exact birth date (maybe @Bethella does?), but Becky was born in '86, so 32-33.

Side note: Looks like the Keilens probably weren't quiverfull at the beginning of the marriage since they have pretty normal spacing among the older three kids ('74, '77, '82), but then numbers 3 to 10 were born within 10 years ('82, '84, twins in '86, '87, '89, '91, '92). They're also interesting because (if I'm not mistaken) only three of the kids are currently married, and only one son has kids of his own.

Yeah the one brother with kids has all older kids. So he’s likely not quiverful. The other one that is married is married to a woman with Lyme Disease so that might be part of why they don’t have kids. And then there’s Brandon and Michael. Becky is the first Keilen daughter to marry.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

15 minutes ago, JillyO said:

I don't have an exact birth date (maybe @Bethella does?), but Becky was born in '86, so 32-33.

Side note: Looks like the Keilens probably weren't quiverfull at the beginning of the marriage since they have pretty normal spacing among the older three kids ('74, '77, '82), but then numbers 3 to 10 were born within 10 years ('82, '84, twins in '86, '87, '89, '91, '92). They're also interesting because (if I'm not mistaken) only three of the kids are currently married, and only one son has kids of his own.

Your information is more specific than what I had (thanks!). I only had year ranges, not even specific years, for most of them.

• Thank You 1

On 11/3/2018 at 11:14 PM, Bethella said:

Well the Rapture must have happened because John David Duggar finally got married to Abbie Burnett. I just couldn't resist using it as a thread title.

Continuing on from 

Lists last updated 6 May 2019

Single Fundies

image.png.32760c91645dd978ed5b253eea6b47b7.png

image.png.c67c029d2b7ff66a7971055b06db30ad.png

image.png.40e423a8af99635bb438ee9cbf8ca334.png

In a Relationship

image.png.8f4c067c3dc67b0673940abda5e9e14c.png

image.png.ca0a20d4326b5cd76d7a4a82b16595ce.png

Recently Marriedimage.png.611c36505ed3fcc3b3e324927b5f4791.png

For a period of about 10 months Joseph Darnell (brother to Nathaniel AKA “Natty”) was between divorce finalization and a new fiancé (marriage next month). 

Because if wife one leaves you after a decade of insanity, pursue another ASAP.  

https://www.theknot.com/us/jamberdarnell

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

As a matter of general interest, Natalie McCaughey (one of the "McCaughey Septuplets") is getting married today. Her spouse is one Shawn Gerald, a classmate from Hannibal-LaGrange University.  The McCaughey's aren't really fundy, though the family has spoken at a lot of pro-life events over the years, and Bobbi McCaughey is pretty outspoken against selective reduction for multiple births. Because Jesus. 

Natalie is the first of the septuplets to marry, but her older singleton sister married a few years ago. In keeping with a trend started by some of the younger fundy couples here, she and her fiance look more like siblings than most actual siblings:

image.png.edb02167dc113a457b20d5d76b6b4439.pngimage.png.c7d9960bf8f1057f9bdb23237f3ac014.png

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Does anyone know why Joseph Darnell  got divorced? There is only one reason that I know of which allows a man in that movement to get a divorced and remarry.

No, there's one (or no-depending on which proof text they prefer) reasons for everybody else. 

When it comes to their own lives, they'll take that text, perform some Olympic level mental gymnastics and, walla, it's not just justified, it's positively sanctified. 

A women telling her controlling (I mean, biblically leading) husband that she's leaving can be accused of displaying a 'Spirit of Harlotry and Rebellion', which we all know is just a hop, skip, and a jump away from actually finding her in bed with someone else. 

Iv'e seen it happen before and I'm sure it still happens now.  The straightforward rules only apply to other ppl, when it's them it's always far more complex and nuanced. After all, you can't really expect a godly patriarch to do all the dirty work of bringing up his kids himself, can you?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Can the next thread in this topic be named The Unsullied in honor of GOT ending? I know, I have to stop. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

53 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Can the next thread in this topic be named The Unsullied in honor of GOT ending? I know, I have to stop. ?

Definitely!

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:20 PM, Mrs. Bean said:

Does anyone know why Joseph Darnell  got divorced? There is only one reason that I know of which allows a man in that movement to get a divorced and remarry.

He seems to claim she was not a Christian or something. It seems hard to tell if he left her or she left him. He has a YouTube video where he says he issued an ultimatum but in other places it sounds like he is comparing her to Israel who left God (he’s God I guess?). It seems like he is jumping hoops to show that he is of course blameless. He’s the man after all. Duh. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

A photo from Cassie Shashaguay's wedding:

I’m liking the vintage aspect of that wedding dress. It looks like something you would find in the 19-teens. 

• I Agree 7

Erin Paine posted a couple of pictures from Brielle's wedding. Looks like it was today. No big family pic so no glimpse of Tabitha. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

14 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Lindsay Reith and Thomas Pangle's The Knot registry now has a different date listed. Looks like they're getting married 11/30/19 (originally it said 6/2/19.)

https://registry.theknot.com/lindsay-reith-thomas-pangle-november-2019/32324778

Ruh roh Raggy!

Sorry I think he looks like Shaggy from scoobie doo. They were supposed to get married this weekend. Pushing back the date that far is not a good sign. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Ruh roh Raggy!

Sorry I think he looks like Shaggy from scoobie doo. They were supposed to get married this weekend. Pushing back the date that far is not a good sign. 

Maybe the first date was just a place holder til they got the actual date?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JMO said:

The Reiths do not appear to have good fortune in the courting department. 

I actually don’t mind this. I’m hoping they have multiple broken courtships because they recognized they weren’t as compatable as they first thought. I’m hoping they’ve avoided some unhappy matches by breaking off some relationships. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually don’t mind this. I’m hoping they have multiple broken courtships because they recognized they weren’t as compatable as they first thought. I’m hoping they’ve avoided some unhappy matches by breaking off some relationships. 

It also has the possibility of showing them that the courtship model doesn’t work.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

Elizabeth Frazer ( from the Canadian fundie family) has posted photos from her surprise bridal shower- looks like the visa problems are over and there'll be a Staddon wedding soon. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 10

Gabby Campana posted some pics of herself looking pretty cozy with a guy. The Campanas may not be as strict about male-female friendships so it may be nothing... but then, her brother was posting similar stuff recently and now he definitely seems to be in a relationship.

• Upvote 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic