IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

And they're still not touching (assuming this is from the honeymoon.)

It’s not from the honeymoon. She’s posting honeymoon kissing pictures now. She was holding his hand in one single picture on their wedding website. So they touched before the wedding. I just imagine it was very little. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Thank You 2

Physical contact prior to marriage, including most forms of hugging: Socially taboo and potentially corruptive to onlookers.

Sitting side-saddle on a torpedo while your betrothed straddles it with his crank pressed into your butt: So. Very. Pure.

No room for Jesus on the Courtship Crotch Rocket.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

What followed was perhaps the most challenging 6 months of our lives

The next 6 months can only be described as a humbling and breaking down of my stubborn and proud spirit. Between several books, hundreds of questions, weekly seminar videos, and countless meetings with Sarah's dad, the Lord began to soften my stubbornness and challenge me to a more excellent vision of life and my future. While the process is one I would never desire to repeat, it is something I wouldn't give up for anything and am truly grateful for how the Lord used it. 

It was the hardest process I've ever gone through,

Who doesn’t describe dating their future spouse like it’s a particularly painful physical therapy program?

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, I know the thing I most look for in a relationship is a humbling and breaking down of my spirit! And of course the period that should be the honeymoon phase described as a process 'I would never desire to repeat'. :562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

• Upvote 12

I know we all say this a lot, but I really feel for Fundies who think that a convoluted courtship, where their future spouse has to jump through hoops for their father, will prevent them from having disagreements, or not being suited to each other.  It's mad that they spend so much time answering surveys, reading, being interrogated etc, but they're not allowed to spend time on their own (to the point that it's hard to even propose in private!) - and Sarah's words about wanting to feel protected by her father interrogating her future spouse made me feel so sad. 

It must feel safe, to have someone else make the decision, and to be so sure that they have complementary principles and beliefs - and then imagine if they don't click, sexually, or have problems because one of them is always late, and the other one always early, or one of them likes a lot of reassurance and the other gets stressed by that?    It's hard enough in conventional relationships, to work out how compatible people are, long term, but when it's all mediated through a father (especially one who sounds like he wanted them to marry, but was enjoying the power trip), so much just ends up down to luck.  I can't even imagine how they deal with the end of the honeymoon period that most relationships go through, or the little moments when you realise a partner isn't perfect (and in a standard relationship, that's ok).

I'm also interested that in these convoluted courtship stories, the women don't get the same grilling.  They're always written like the man's family sit back and do nothing, but I wonder how much of that happens in real life?  I guess a patriarch will tell his son he prayed on it, and that SAHD is not the right one for him, so implicitly forbidding the marriage, but I wonder if there are similar behind the scenes tests of SAHD's spirituality and housekeeping etc?

• Upvote 15

On 2/1/2019 at 8:58 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Jeremiah Campana posted an IG story of himself with I think one of the Dragon sisters? Looks relationshippy.

Seems I got my blonde antiabortion protesters mixed up. He posted another picture where he's headed to some kind of formal event with the same girl. She's tagged and her name is Nada M. She appears to live in Wisconsin but I don't know much else, don't think she's been on our radar before.

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Seems I got my blonde antiabortion protesters mixed up. He posted another picture where he's headed to some kind of formal event with the same girl. She's tagged and her name is Nada M. She appears to live in Wisconsin but I don't know much else, don't think she's been on our radar before.

I think he posted an Instagram story with a picture of her before. It’s possible they are in a long distance relationship. His two sisters also went to prom. I assume it’s a homeschool prom?

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

It was their prom this weekend; Gabriella and Gracia were also in pictures. Nada is friends with Gabriella so is probably the same age, plays volleyball for a homeschool sports organization outside Milwaukee, and is also involved in the OSA protests. She really does look like Avery Dragon.

ETA @JermajestyDuggar: you said most of what I was going to say! Yeah, the Campanas are part of a co-op called Space Coast Christian Academy, at least for the school dance parts, and this was their prom. 

Edited by albireo
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

The Jeremiah/Nada thing didn't ping my radar due to the "prom" setting. All of the people in their friend group have formal pics (including cozy poses) with members of the opposite sex in their social media during the high school years. It seems like they just sort of go with someone in the group at random. My memory isn't the best, but I can't recall any of these prom pairings that actually indicated a relationship later on. However, I know nothing about Nada, and like @NachosFlandersStyle, I initially mistook her for a Dragon. ::internet shrug::

17 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

The Jeremiah/Nada thing didn't ping my radar due to the "prom" setting. All of the people in their friend group have formal pics (including cozy poses) with members of the opposite sex in their social media during the high school years. It seems like they just sort of go with someone in the group at random. My memory isn't the best, but I can't recall any of these prom pairings that actually indicated a relationship later on. However, I know nothing about Nada, and like @NachosFlandersStyle, I initially mistook her for a Dragon. ::internet shrug::

Yeah, she only caught my eye because he's been posting pictures of the two of them together in other settings for a couple of months.

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
typo
  • Upvote 1

It looks like Rachel Wilson is engaged. She tagged a Daniel Weeks. Her sister Lana is married to a Weeks so I’m guessing he is her sister’s brother in law. Two sisters marrying two brothers is not unlikely in fundieland.

CC7288E4-96D8-4C8F-9F22-55B82CF6F1FC.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Also Kelton Balka's sister Ariana  is in a relationship with someone named Joel Cape. they became official in March but I noticed she wasn't on the list so thought I'd put it down. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Jeremiah Willis is now marries.  I really like whole rustic backdrop.  While not my personal style, it seems like it is theirs, and that's why I like it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

I don't actually know who Cassie Shashaguay and Caleb Gulder are, but I think they're married: https://registry.theknot.com/cassie-shashaguay-caleb-gulder-march-2019-mi/30682838

ETA: Micah Jeub and Kya Connolly are getting married August 31st: https://www.theknot.com/us/kya-connolly-and-micah-jeub-aug-2019/registry

Edited by albireo
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, albireo said:

I don't actually know who Cassie Shashaguay and Caleb Gulder are, but I think they're married: https://registry.theknot.com/cassie-shashaguay-caleb-gulder-march-2019-mi/30682838

ETA: Micah Jeub and Kya Connolly are getting married August 31st: https://www.theknot.com/us/kya-connolly-and-micah-jeub-aug-2019/registry

I’m not sure the registry date is correct for Cassie - in a recent comment on her instagram she says that the date is in May. Maybe they had to change the date after they’d already set up the registry.

• Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

I’m not sure the registry date is correct for Cassie - in a recent comment on her instagram she says that the date is in May. Maybe they had to change the date after they’d already set up the registry.

You're right. Here's the right one, May 26th: https://registryfinder.com/registry/cassie-shashaguay/caleb-gulder/wedding/may-2019/michigan/1171622

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Just saw on the Boyer thread that Charlotte is engaged to a colleague called Elijah Brandyberry.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic