IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 6: After the Rapture

Bethella

Hosanna Krahn is engaged to Nate Bladine and the wedding will be on august the 3rd..

For who don't know the Krahns, it's a family from Minnesota, Camille and Arthur had 8 children.... Naomi (married with Aaron Satchwill and 5 children), Amos (married with Rebekah and 7 children, soon 8), Isaac (married with Aimee and 3 children), Miriam (SHD?), Hosanna (engaged), Silas (married with Karen and 2 children), Samuel (deceased at birth) and Priscilla (SHD and author)

https://greenpasturesfarm.blogspot.com/

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Hosanna Krahn is engaged to Nate Bladine and the wedding will be on august the 3rd..

For who don't know the Krahns, it's a family from Minnesota, Camille and Arthur had 8 children.... Naomi (married with Aaron Satchwill and 5 children), Amos (married with Rebekah and 7 children, soon 8), Isaac (married with Aimee and 3 children), Miriam (SHD?), Hosanna (engaged), Silas (married with Karen and 2 children), Samuel (deceased at birth) and Priscilla (SHD and author)

Wow, I never heard of this family. Are there threads about them here?

17 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I had never heard of this family before, but I went and read back through the blog. Lo and behold, there was a Duggar sighting. Silas and JD went to JTTH together. https://greenpasturesfarm.blogspot.com/2013/05/silas-is-home.html

• Thank You 3

I think Abigail Lockwood is 18 by now. (And I know this belongs in the other thread, but I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about a Timothy/Bethany pregnancy.)

7 hours ago, meee said:

I think Abigail Lockwood is 18 by now. (And I know this belongs in the other thread, but I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about a Timothy/Bethany pregnancy.)

She doesn’t turn 18 until June.

• Thank You 1

This is from Sarah Stelzl’s recent wedding. He dress is ok but I absolutely love those BM dresses. They might be my favorite fundie BM dresses of all time. And of course she went barefoot but stuck some bling on her foot...

9816CEB7-8A4F-4378-93A4-52EC2F52C307.jpeg

I love the BM dresses because of the varying shades of pastel greens and blues but also because it looks like the girls picked out their own. I love the two next to Sarah on the left the best.

Here is another picture of the dresses:

814B33B0-40C2-4694-A4BA-CA7D4448B029.png

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

The wedding dress is not fancy, but it is pretty.  I prefer classy, not overblown dresses but this one is a little too plain for my tastes, but it is nice.  I like the variety in bridesmaid dresses.  Also, I do like the picture with her in the mirror.  It's different.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Wow. I must say I really like those BM dresses, although I'm actually not much into pastel colors. I also like her dress, but I'm not a fan of the whole barefoot thing that seems to be going on with fundie maidens nowadays. If you marry on a beach going barefoot if a perfect choice, but in a church I find it inappropriate. But maybe that's just me being too narrow headed. 

• Upvote 6

Unless you're getting married at the beach, it just seems fetish-y and ridiculous to me. I don't get the message it's supposed to convey, especially when just the bride going barefoot and the groom is wearing dress shoes.  Does she want to appear outdoorsy and fun? Unique/different? Hippie? Sexy? Submissive? Or fragile, needing to be carried in the snow like Chelsy Maxwell? Why in the world do fundies love to do this?

• Upvote 11

21 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Unless you're getting married at the beach, it just seems fetish-y and ridiculous to me. I don't get the message it's supposed to convey, especially when just the bride going barefoot and the groom is wearing dress shoes.  Does she want to appear outdoorsy and fun? Unique/different? Hippie? Sexy? Submissive? Or fragile, needing to be carried in the snow like Chelsy Maxwell? Why in the world do fundies love to do this?

My mind always goes to “barefoot and pregnant.”

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

It doesn't bother me if it's an outside wedding, even if not at a beach. But it's definitely a trend and I doubt it reflects all of their personalities.

I wear shoes as little as possible at all times. I teach barefoot usually (college level), I am always barefoot at home (only will add socks when absolutely necessary because I don't like the feel), I run barefoot in the woods when the weather is warm enough, and if I am sitting at my desk in my office or even at a desk while I am a class or meeting with people who know me well, my shoes will have been kicked off the moment I could. If I had an outdoor wedding, I'd go barefoot just because it would be completely out of character to do anything else haha.

• Upvote 5

Her feet are lovely though. Sexy even. I don't know a thing about this girl but I get a whiff of something different from her pictures I like it.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Her feet are lovely though. Sexy even. I don't know a thing about this girl but I get a whiff of something different from her pictures I like it.

Unfortunately she’s pretty ordinary fundie. But her photographer seems above average so that might be part of it. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

57 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Unfortunately she’s pretty ordinary fundie. But her photographer seems above average so that might be part of it. 

Ah well. One can hope.

• I Agree 1

15 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I think it is a combination of all the things you mentioned. 

At least she didn't wash her husband's feet. I still can't forget the pictures of Katie Smith washing her ex-husbands dirty, nasty feet on their wedding day. 

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I think it is a combination of all the things you mentioned. 

At least she didn't wash her husband's feet. I still can't forget the pictures of Katie Smith washing her ex-husbands dirty, nasty feet on their wedding day. 

Especially now that we know he’s a monster.

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Ah well. One can hope.

Her Instagram is public. She seems to be having a nice time on her honeymoon. At least she’s not an obnoxious fundie. But she is pretty standard fundie gal.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her Instagram is public. She seems to be having a nice time on her honeymoon. At least she’s not an obnoxious fundie. But she is pretty standard fundie gal.

If courtship method is an indicator for fundiness, then she's way up there. She had an awfully convoluted no-touch little-talk courtship à la Neely-Staddon:  http://samuellovessarah.com/

She also believes that essential oils cure cancer: https://thecountrymuffin.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/this-essential-oil-is-working-in-place-of-toxic-skin-cancer-treatments/

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 9

13 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

If courtship method is an indicator for fundiness, then she's way up there. She had an awfully convoluted no-touch little-talk courtship à la Neely-Staddon:  http://samuellovessarah.com/

She also believes that essential oils cure cancer: https://thecountrymuffin.wordpress.com/2019/02/20/this-essential-oil-is-working-in-place-of-toxic-skin-cancer-treatments/

That particular Neely Staddon was one of her bridesmaids so it makes sense! Lol.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Been a while since I've read one of those alleged courtship stories. Forgot how much shite they have in them. Hers is a classic of its type. Will say thought that at least there aren't any railroad tracks or around-the-corner shots in their photo section.

• Haha 3

In a few generations of the intermarrying among fundie couples, the fundie family tree is going to end up a straight stick.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Been a while since I've read one of those alleged courtship stories. Forgot how much shite they have in them. Hers is a classic of its type. Will say thought that at least there aren't any railroad tracks or around-the-corner shots in their photo section.

I guess this couples picture is telling us that they are “the bomb.” 

7D53AE6F-FDEE-4DD5-8C28-DB02A5ACF6C7.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I guess this couples picture is telling us that they are “the bomb.” 

7D53AE6F-FDEE-4DD5-8C28-DB02A5ACF6C7.jpeg

And they're still not touching (assuming this is from the honeymoon.)

• Upvote 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic