IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

12 hours ago, freedomfromfrumpers said:

So has anyone seen the supposed photos *floating* around?  

Yes easy to find. And now that I've read further others who are much better at this than me posted them. 

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Miss Renee did the dress, again. Now I’m wondering why she didn’t do Lauren’s 

Lauren strikes me as very strong-willed. She probably had an idea of what she wanted to get and/or where she wanted to get it, and did her own thing without asking. I think that’s part of why she seems less likely to be a successful Duggar bride than Kendra. She’s going to have her own ideas.

13 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Do we know how long their courtship really was? Their public timeline and personal timeline don't always match up.

JD mentioned at the episode where they introduced Abbie that they met at a speaking engagement in OK. Some detectives found  out the date of the speaking engagement was in May 6th 

4683CA59-7E7E-4D75-99E9-3ABA33FF7F7C.jpeg

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jinger and Jessa at the wedding. Jessa is wearing her brown flats. I don’t mind that she always wears the same pairs of shoes on her day to day life, but I don’t get why she doesn’t have a “special occasion” pair of cute sandals or heels. It’s weird to see her wear the same shoes on special and casual occasions.

C2434BB0-A8A9-41B7-ABC5-7FAFAE264D01.thumb.png.d8576bf5a34a111f252e2f96038012fb.png

On on another note... Miss Renee did the dress, again. Now I’m wondering why she didn’t do Lauren’s 9182ABCF-CF15-4616-A31E-59625DFAF889.thumb.jpeg.597446e216b7fd4dd6c107ae80ae626c.jpeg

Jinger needs to give her sisters fashion tips.

Most of them seemed to miss the dressing for the occasion, be it a wedding or working on a farm...

I cant knock their shoe choices. I have wide, big feet and plantar fasciitis in both feet from years of being a nurse and not wearing proper shoes. I tend to go for what's comfy and warm, and don't care what people think. Now I dont wear ugly sneakers to a fancy event, but I have one or two pairs of flats and sandals that don't hurt my feet and mainly I wear boots. 

1 hour ago, habert said:
  Hide contents

2B805A3E-1F49-49B5-8A62-EAD60D9493D8.jpeg.69f397afa68c1db54871d87f41a8c4a8.jpeg

Hide contents

D1399A76-8C47-41A6-9AD2-82A111D92F83.jpeg.ef20dffd07ce6ae892c58814ea8549d0.jpeg

Is that Sam? If so, I hope they changed him into comfy clothes for the reception. He wouldn't have been dressed that casually for his uncle's wedding, would he? 

38 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

So, since this is about JD & Abbie’s wedding, let’s talk about how they used the words “submit” & “submission” in the vows. Or how her dad didn’t “give her away”, he “transfered” her

Let's do it then! This way the tabloid people who comes here for quotes comes away having read a discussion on the dangers of fundamentalism and patriarchy and those are the quotes he/she is left with using. 

So she said she would submit. Not surprising. The shocking thing would be if it wasn't there.  The whole "giving away" thing is so outdated. Women aren't objects that need to be given away or transferred to another person. Not that the Duggars believe that. 

48 minutes ago, FrozenSmile said:

But it’s hard to jump in to an established board where everyone seems to know each other.

LOL I just want to say that isn't the case at all and any lurker shouldn't let that stop them. Truly we have A LOT of posters who go several days without posting or take long breaks from FJ.  Often I think of a response and someone else has already said it more eloquently before I can hit "Submit Reply" so I don't,  to avoid redundancy.    Do we have a few posters everyone knows?  Sure but more then once @Four is Enough and @Carm_88 cute baby avatars have confused the hell out of me, when they comment  on each other's post it looks like someone pulling a Kevin Durant and talking to  themselves.

And yeah @VelociRapture and @singsingsing are some of the most thoughtful writers and often really explain things with great care so people recognize them easily.  @Palimpsest is well known because she knows more of the history then any of us. @HarryPotterFan keeps us all young and laughing in stitches with her dating adventures that belong in a movie script.  @SilverBeach is one of our gentlest posters and will step up when people get too mean. 

And yes,  a few posters know each other in real life, or people who have become friends here or established a solid reputation,  but honestly,  if someone irks me in one thread to the point I want to tear my hair out,  five minutes later I am reading another one of their posts and thinking "Oh my gosh, that post is really funny, I wish I had thought of that!"  

Honestly, many of us barely know each other,  but through various thread drifts we strike up remarkable conversations, they diffuse naturally and then five minutes later all of the angry, wild eyed  JRod avatars look exactly the same to me again and I couldn't begin to tell you who is who.

Jessa could have changed into her comfy shoes for the reception. I would if I had to chase two toddlers around a huge reception. 

54 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

The thing is, we don't know what Abbie is into. 

That’s because we know next to nothing about her, and yet a majority of this board seems to think she’s this breath of fresh air. Just because she’s a nurse? A lot of fundie women have jobs but they’re still “women jobs”. Consider me impressed when a Duggar boy marries a woman who is a millwright mechanic or something. 

I don’t have anything against JD and Abbie, but it will curious to see who still loves her if she chooses to quit her job, stay home and have 10 children. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jessa could have changed into her comfy shoes for the reception. I would if I had to chase two toddlers around a huge reception. 

I don't know that we've ever seen Jessa in fancy or dressier shoes. More often than not she's pictured in worn ballet flats or those flat, brown sandals with the strap between the first and second toes. Jinger and Jana are the 2 that seem to wear dressier shoes. Jinger definitely wears fancier clothing/ dresses. 

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is that Sam? If so, I hope they changed him into comfy clothes for the reception. He wouldn't have been dressed that casually for his uncle's wedding, would he? 

He’s not in the wedding party and there are lots of babies around. No need to buy something fancy. 

1 minute ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

He’s not in the wedding party and there are lots of babies around. No need to buy something fancy. 

There's a whole wide area between worn jeans and a t-shirt and "something fancy." Look at Jessa's boys, dressy, yet practical.

Abbie seems like a breath of fresh air because she has more potential than the last few female duggar in-laws. She is older and at least has enough schooling to work as an LPN (that's what she is right?) If she is employed then she has more world experience than the 18 year olds that the Duggar boys have been marrying. She has more opportunity to impress us or disappoint us. She at least has a chance to be something else beyond a SAHM

7 minutes ago, viii said:

That’s because we know next to nothing about her, and yet a majority of this board seems to think she’s this breath of fresh air. Just because she’s a nurse? A lot of fundie women have jobs but they’re still “women jobs”. Consider me impressed when a Duggar boy marries a woman who is a millwright mechanic or something. 

I don’t have anything against JD and Abbie, but it will curious to see who still loves her if she chooses to quit her job, stay home and have 10 children. 

Right now Abbie is basically the female equivalent of what Derick was a few years ago. She's new, she's exciting, she's a little bit different. She seems more normal than the Duggars. She has an education and a job! Whoa! Well, we all know what happened with Derick. I'm not at all saying that Abbie's going to turn out to be anything like him - she may be much better, or even much worse, who knows? But she's mostly a blank slate right now for people to project their hopes onto, just like Derick and Jeremy were.

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

There's a whole wide area between worn jeans and a t-shirt and "something fancy." Look at Jessa's boys, dressy, yet practical.

Maybe Jill and Derick put less emphasis on dressy clothes, and spend their mental energy on something else. Sam looks perfectly fine dressed for a wedding, it's not like he was gonna be in the official photos. 

To my parents wedding I wore black skinny jeans, a checked shirt and converse. I was neither under- nor overdressed, but average.

10 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Maybe he messed up his clothes. I once took my baby to a semi-formal event, and she had a diaper blow out halfway through. The only change of clothes I had in my diaper bag was a onesie and pants so that's what she wore the rest of the event. Maybe something like that happened. As far as I can recall, the Dillard boys are usually appropriately dressed at weddings so I'll give the benefit of the doubt and say that wasn't his intended outfit for the day.

22 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

They could have changed him into comfy clothes after pictures. Easier to wash the Wedding Breakfast off than a suit. 

I admit I notice if an adult is very underdressed for a wedding. But never a baby/toddler. I don’t give a single fuck if they are wearing a onesie and that’s it. They shit themselves and cry at the worst times. I don’t expect them to be fancy. Although it is cute to dress them up, I never expect it.

God only knows what Jill dressed her kids like for this wedding, we all know she's pretty clueless and tone deaf to pretty much everything around her.  

Jessa's shoes don't bother me nearly as much as that frumpy cardigan she's wearing, she's 25 and dressed like she's 70.  

1 hour ago, FrozenSmile said:

And i would love to start talking about how i feel about their cult. But it’s hard to jump in to an established board where everyone seems to know each other.

Truly talk away, that's what we love to get into. While it may seem like we all know each other, we truly don't. I know that I love to see someone come in with knowledge, other than @formergothardite who is well known to be outspoken about Gothardism, of what the Duggars are like. @Rachel333 is another person who vaguely knows the Duggars and gives great input.

I guess start speaking up because we don't know your experience. But I want to know, if you're willing to share it! :) Welcome and stick around! We are not mean, people will question because of trolling incidents in the past, but it shouldn't get too bad!

I don't mind Jessa wearing shoes she deems comfortable... high heels destroy your feet. But at the same time, can she get something with a little support? Jessa girl, take a note from your mom having to wear clunky orthotic shoes for the rest of her life and at least throw an orthotic in those worn flats. 

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

For some reason, I read this as "Jesus could have changed into comfy shoes for the reception"  as in WWJD.  I am going to stick with that image because it amuses me.

48 minutes ago, viii said:

SAHM would have been MY dream job. I never had the opportunity, I had to work. As is true for many millions of women with children. Throughout time. I was fortunate enough to go to college ( while I had small children) so that my  career choices were decent, but I still would have preferred to be home with my kids. My grandma who worked an assembly line would have too. I really don’t understand this extra value people put on a career. I understand the problem here, is that it’s seen as their only option. But it should be acknowledged that it’s an option that works for many, many families with children. And that it isn’t an option for many ( most?) families. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived