IGNORED

John David and Abbie 5: Pancakes with a Side of Wedding

HerNameIsBuffy

A couple of photos off Pickles ... The larger photo (supposedly Abbie's nursing friends) shows the background of the KG photo 

1z.png

2z.png

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the last thread @formergothardite said "It doesn't really matter if she only said nice things because she is admitting she is doing something she knows the people whose wedding she just attended would be upset about."

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I don't think @FrozenSmile ever admitted to that?  She said "I’m not out here giving all the details because i respect their privacy. Do i want to? Of course! But i enjoy being given the courtesy of getting invited & will continue to be guarded when i post here."  I think this means she was careful not to post details, because that would have upset them (and she was trying not to do that). She also respected their wishes by not posting photos. 

Also the tone here on FJ about Jabbie's wedding has been pretty much the least snarky and most supportive of any Duggar wedding. No one has been 'mocking' them. And I really don't see a problem with someone who had already been a member of FJ for some time before even getting invited to the wedding reporting back and saying it was lovely. 

I love bacon and eggs!

seriously I do. Breakfast buffet me any time of the day.

"Jabbie" is okay but kinda weak. Can I just call them "bacon and eggs" from now on? 

Wholesome goodness

JD will be the bacon and Abbie will be the eggs, obviously. 

They look genuinely happy, good for them. JD truly looks like a different person since meeting Abbie and she seems to be just as smitten with him. 

The dress is very pretty, and as long as Abbie is cool with airplanes I think the idea to have the reception at the hangar was really personal.

My, how FJ has changed! To think at the excitement in years past that a Real Live Insider coming on FJ would have generated, and now we are lecturing on privacy, and not even asking for the details?! There I was thinking we were here to expose and discuss how dangerous their brand of fundamentalism is, not gush over dresses ?‍♀️ it’s almost as if their modern modest, mainstream rebranding has done an effective job...

@FrozenSmile did they vow to leave the number of children up to god? Did Abbie vow to submit and obey? 

Abbie’s dress is so pretty! She looks lovely. 

And a breakfast buffet sounds like an amazing idea. I could totally use one right now. 

I'm totally low key jealous of Abbie's hair. I would love to have natural curls, then the hair would always look spectacular. Mine is always flat and straight even after putting curlers! But then I heard that natural curls can be a bitch to comb through, so...

14 minutes ago, eveandadam said:

I'm totally low key jealous of Abbie's hair. I would love to have natural curls, then the hair would always look spectacular. Mine is always flat and straight even after putting curlers! But then I heard that natural curls can be a bitch to comb through, so...

Don't comb through natural curls. You will look like a literal cloud! I comb mine whilst wet, right after washing, then I scrunch, and leave them, until I wash them next. 

Abbie lookes happy in the pucture that was posted. I like her dress :)

But My mind is doing weird things every time I read Abbies nursing friends I picture moms with babies breastfeeding ?. Following these families to long I think expecting babies instead of friends with an actual career.

milk cartons, soda cans, amd breakfast buffet...hmmmm.  I love a good breakfast buffet but for a late afternoon wedding it seems kind of weird.  

5 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

I love bacon and eggs!

seriously I do. Breakfast buffet me any time of the day.

"Jabbie" is okay but kinda weak. Can I just call them "bacon and eggs" from now on? 

Wholesome goodness

JD will be the bacon and Abbie will be the eggs, obviously. 

Bacon and Eggs, now with Godly clearance for makin' bacon.

I want to see more pictures! Still no new Duggar jestation announcements?

2 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I have curly hair and while it’s nice most of the time, it can be a pain too. My hair can look three totally different ways three days in a row depending on the humidity, what schampoo/conditioner I’m using and a dozen others factors. Some days it’s gorgeous and some days it looks like a bird’s nest, other days some parts of it is flat and other parts frizzy. Of course those good hair days never happen when I’m going to a wedding or something like that.

Oh, and you never really comb or brush curly hair at all when it’s dry, because then you will get the frizziness from hell. I usually don’t need to brush it at all, just untangle it with my fingers sometimes.

Well, I will say it: I do not like her dress!!! And I do not like his suit/tux whatever.

It looks rather boring. On the upside, she managed to buy a normal dress which already fit their modesty standards (because there are hundreds of them out there! Take notes Duggars).

I am also slightly disappointed that she didn’t do more with her hair. I adore those curls and expected a more special hairstyle. All in all they look happy (shouldn’t be a surprise - I mean it their f.....g wedding) but style wise this could be a wedding from 10-20 years ago. 

Love the idea of a breakfast buffet!

It is nice that she invited her nurse colleagues.

A hangar as venue is a nice idea but I really hope Abbie is as much into planes as JD.

6 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I don't think @FrozenSmile ever admitted to that? 

This is why I specifically asked if they knew if she posted here about the wedding here. Here non-answer and her reply led me to believe, that no, they don't know and yes she would get kicked off future guest lists.   @FrozenSmile, can feel free to clear this up. Would the bride and groom be upset if they knew you left the wedding to come here and discuss it? Would you be removed from future guests lists if they find out? Would the Duggars stop inviting you to their home? 

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

To think at the excitement in years past that a Real Live Insider coming on FJ would have generated, and now we are lecturing on privacy, and not even asking for the details?!

I've been annoying people for years by saying I think it is weird when people who are supposedly friends with fundies jump into a snark board to discuss them knowing that this would upset the very people they are claiming to be friends with in real life. With friends like that the snarkers aren't the people fundies should worry about! 

3 hours ago, bal maiden said:

There I was thinking we were here to expose and discuss how dangerous their brand of fundamentalism is, not gush over dresses 

Oh, I think we should totally discuss how dangerous they are.  Frozen Smiles has maintained they are very nice people in past posts and I didn't even see people calling her out about that, just posters anxious for inside info. I was hardly putting a damper on discussing the dangers of fundamentalism and the patriarchy. 

Isn't it the Duggars that eat Turkey bacon?

Let's hope they didn't accidentally have the regular kind at the wedding. I say this mostly because I'm imagining watching the wedding episode and the fake drama and explanation by Michelle or someone with zero ounces of personality oas to why they don't eat pig products.

1 minute ago, Kangaroo said:

Isn't it the Duggars that eat Turkey bacon?

Let's hope they didn't accidentally have the regular kind at the wedding. I say this mostly because I'm imagining watching the wedding episode and the fake drama and explanation by Michelle or someone with zero ounces of personality oas to why they don't eat pig products.

Turkey Bacon and Godly Eggs. There we go, I fixed it. ?

6 minutes ago, just_ordinary said:

but style wise this could be a wedding from 10-20 years ago. 

hm, I don't know, the dress with the sparkly top, high neckline, cap sleeves, and pouffy tull skirt is very on trend right now. A lot of people have said that is reminds them of Jessa's dress, but I think it very much like Kendra's dress except that Kendra had a champaign sparkly top and not white.

And regarding November weddings, they seem to be super trendy as well right now: 3 Duggar weddings have been in November, 1 Bates wedding so far.

Where I live, November seems to become the new wedding month. My grandparents, my cousin and myself were all married in November (ok, my grandparents were 60 years ago, but my cousin and myself only a couple of years ago). Prices for venues and services are lower in November and booking is easier for everything, you don't need to book 1-1.5 years in advance if you want to get married in November. Another plus not to get married during summertime is that a lot of people are on holidays during the summer and cannot attend weddings. and November is not right before Christmas either, when a lot of people are stressed out again because of Christmas and New Year's preparations.

In Germany, November is said to be the month with the worst weather conditions, usually it's rainy/snowy/foggy, leaves are off the trees by then and temperatures are between 0-8 °C.  So no winter wonderland, either, at that time. And we also don't have Thanksgiving, so this leaves November to be a very dull and grey month, and what else can you do except going to a ball or a wedding :-).

A friend of mine wanted to get married in December, pre-Christmas time. But the Church said no (Catholic) because pre-Christmas is reserved for Christ. This could also be a reason why people marry in November and not right before Christmas, idk.

Looks like Isaiah, Warden (smh, that name) and Michael Bates/Keilen were also at this wedding. 

Thanks @FrozenSmile for your insights!

They both look incredibly happy and I look forward to seeing more, especially the bridesmaid dresses and breakfast buffet. Perhaps they were putting a literal spin on the British term Wedding Breakfast? 

wedding breakfast

nounBRITISH

a celebratory meal eaten just after a wedding (at any time of day) by the couple and their guests

3 hours ago, eveandadam said:

I have natural curls, but they are not nice and smooth and pretty. My hair is thick and dry and frizzy and no product in my many years of life has ever helped. About 15 years ago I started straightening it, and that has made my life so much easier. 

No, don't comb curls. That creates Roseanne Rosana Dana hair. 

7 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Looks like Isaiah, Warden (smh, that name) and Michael Bates/Keilen were also at this wedding. 

Thanks @FrozenSmile for your insights!

They both look incredibly happy and I look forward to seeing more, especially the bridesmaid dresses and breakfast buffet. Perhaps they were putting a literal spin on the British term Wedding Breakfast? 

"wedding breakfast

nounBRITISH

a celebratory meal eaten just after a wedding (at any time of day) by the couple and their guests" 

I always thought Brits just got married in the morning and that’s why it was called a wedding breakfast! But they also confuse me when they call dessert “pudding.” 

9 hours ago, misguidedghost said:

The Johnandabbie hashtag on instagram has a post from ‘barefootbrunette19’ that includes Ashley salyer, Lawson and Nathan, and Samuel Dillard. It looks like Nathan may have been a groomsmen 

I saw it on Tumblr. Who is the girl in green?  Lawson is carrying Samuel and neither of them dressed up for the wedding, both are in jeans. I was far more impressed by the chocolate covered strawberries in, I think, Krista's picture. 

Side note, not going to lie, having a rather large breakfast this morning.

TLC link. Anyone have TLCGo http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/john-david-duggar-marries-abbie-burnett-see-the-first-photo/

6 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I saw it on Tumblr. Who is the girl in green?  Lawson is carrying Samuel and neither of them dressed up for the wedding, both are in jeans. I was far more impressed by the chocolate covered strawberries in, I think, Krista's picture. 

Side note, not going to lie, having a rather large breakfast this morning.

TLC link. Anyone have TLCGo http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/john-david-duggar-marries-abbie-burnett-see-the-first-photo/

It’s possible some people changed their clothing for the reception. I’m not saying that’s the case but it’s not an uncommon practice. 

Pretty dress. Pretty hair.  I have to go make a fritatta now.

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I've been annoying people for years by saying I think it is weird when people who are supposedly friends with fundies jump into a snark board to discuss them knowing that this would upset the very people they are claiming to be friends with in real life. With friends like that the snarkers aren't the people fundies should worry about! 

Except @FrozenSmile never claimed to be friends with them. She said she's not close to them at all and she's a distantly-related family member.  I don't think that should be held to the same standard as friends. 

If my second cousins (for example), who I never talked to and barely knew, were discussed on FJ and I happened to be invited to their 500+ person wedding, I'm sure I'd post about it too. I'd try to be relatively respectful about it, but I wouldn't think I had a duty to never do anything that would upset them at all in an online community that I'm part of. 

I think it's important to remember that these guests for giant fundie weddings often don't have the same kind of relationships with their hosts that we could expect at a normal wedding. Would I have been upset if someone from my wedding went to a forum where people talked shit about me and my family and posted about it?  Of course. I would see that as a betrayal of friendship.  But I also didn't invite hundreds of people I didn't even know personally to my wedding, and if I had I certainly wouldn't expect the same kind of loyalty from them. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived