IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

Dear Lori, reading comprehension is a thing; and you, a teacher and published author, have yet to master it. The author you quote clearly states her view of the pill CHANGED. How would you like it if your folllowers labeled you as a difficult, unsubmissive wife because they refused to read what came after "I used to be..."?

IMG_1566.PNG

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@usmcmom, Wow.  That is such a gross misuse and misrepresentation of another woman's words.  It is negligent.  It is perversion and twisting of the woman's actual message!

This twisting of everyone's words and everything, including scripture, REALLY needs to go away from Lori's life.  It has been THE significant problem, in my opinion.

17 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

Likely with the money and clients to get his consulting business going. Not any other way someone with his degree and previous work could become a consultant for medical professionals otherwise. 

Not sure about that. Pathologists perform autopsies on corpses. Orthodontists straighten teeth. I don't think they'd want any referrals from a pathologist! Pathologists are medical professionals, Orthodontists are dentists with additional training.

He could have lent him money, I suppose, but pathologists are not the highest paid doctors like plastic surgeons or dermatologists. 

There was the repeat post about black salve, and now there is yet another post about birth control pills.

For the record, I do not like The Pill. I took it briefly and it whacked my body out, and I do not like it at all for a variety of reasons.

But I do not try to preach about it to tens of thousands of people as though I am some kind of medical and spiritual professional on the matter, either.

This is my thought today:

Is it possible that Lori is trying to compete with her daughter because her daughter has recently branched out into wellness consulting (or whatever that business is called that she has)?  Is all of this posting about health, and natural holistic medicine, and the dangers of pharmaceuticals...all part of the competition?

2 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

Is it possible that Lori is trying to compete with her daughter because her daughter has recently branched out into wellness consulting (or whatever that business is called that she has)?  Is all of this posting about health, and natural holistic medicine, and the dangers of pharmaceuticals...all part of the competition?

Wouldn't surprise me at all.  

4 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

But I do not try to preach about it to tens of thousands of people as though I am some kind of medical and spiritual professional on the matter, either.

I'm with you 100%.  Some women have significant side effects with the Pill, or it simply isn't suitable for whatever reason.  I took it for a while when I was younger, but for most of my reproductive years it was not the best option for me.  Lori just wants to bitch about birth control in general, so she cherry-picks the detrimental effects, magnifies them all out of proportion, assumes that all women will have problems, and ignores the benefits that some women gain, just to prop up her already shaky agenda.  

Conversation on birth control devolved into an interesting discussion on what it means to gossip (when one of Lori's followers shared a story-- heard from a friend-- about an evil working mother -- one of those evil female woman doctors no less -- recounting private conversation from this family, their occupations, and children's ages.)   But according to Lori  --THIS IS NOT GOSSIP!! 

Lori follower:  The Transformed Wife crazy theres women who follow this page who dont know the difference between gossip and using someone as an example. (misspellings are hers)

Kinda like the prom kids (with eyes blacked out) or the posting of a neighbor's house.  Nope, none of that is gossip. Just holding them up as examples of what not to do. SMH

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Conversation on birth control devolved into an interesting discussion on what it means to gossip (when one of Lori's followers shared a story-- heard from a friend-- about an evil working mother -- one of those evil female woman doctors no less -- recounting private conversation from this family, their occupations, and children's ages.)   But according to Lori  --THIS IS NOT GOSSIP!! 

I wonder how that 'evil woman doctor' would feel to see her private conversations thrown out for Lori's leghumpers to mock?  

New Living Translation 2 Cor. 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I won't like what I find, and you won't like my response. I am afraid that I will find quarreling, jealousy, anger, selfishness, slander, gossip, arrogance, and disorderly behavior.

Lori's online church is full of all this and then some.  That  is not a good sign, considering the Corinthian church was pretty messed up.  Still a church, no doubt, but very carnal and not what the church should look like.

Godly Lori is immune to gossip. She’s a “teacher” and therefore exempt from such a low-brow sin. She’s also too busy transporting her elderly neighbors to their doctor appointments. 

Edited to add:  Heather is a brain-washed, judgmental leghumper without two thoughts to put together to make a complete sentence.  Yes, it is gossip if you'e telling tales out of school.  If the employer of the nanny knew she was talking about them, they should fire her immediately.  What happens in someone's home is their business and the nanny has no right to tell tales.  She has broken their trust with her judgmental gossip.

Gossip, as defined in the Strong's bible concordance:

◄ 5587. psithurismos ►

Strong's Concordance

psithurismos: a whispering

Original Word: ψιθυρισμός, οῦ, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Transliteration: psithurismos
Phonetic Spelling: (psith-oo-ris-mos')
Definition: a whispering
Usage: a whispering, secret slandering.

So, this could mean that what Lori et al are doing is not biblical gossip because it is being done PUBLICLY, or it could mean that what they are doing IS gossip because the subject of the gossip is unaware (since this is being done secretly without the subject's knowledge).

None of the above really matters, though, because even if this ISN'T "gossip" as defined in the bible, it MOST DEFINITELY fits all the other definitions of inappropriate speech according to the Bible. It is also disordered, causing rage, and bringing division and strife.  NOTHING about this blog post and comments are in line with the bible and this entire "church" of hers is out of order.

Funny since she is so worried about everything being in hierarchal order at all times in the church and home.

Oh, and I forgot: let us NEVER ONCE HEAR Lori saying that FJ is "gossiping" or "slandering" about her, since we are publicly speaking here, and "merely using people as examples of what not to do"...

What in the world is the "jasmine method" of birth control, will someone please tell me?

Tried to google it, but I got Yasmin birth control pill ads...?

The Transformed Wife Yes! The jasmine method helps prevent pregnancy and so does extended breast feeding. I’ve never been in birth control and I know these methods work.

No, dear, these methods do not "work". I breastfed  all my babies exclusively and extended, and this only worked for ONE (the second one who is 29 months younger than her sister).  The others are fifteen and fourteen months apart. So, no...breastfeeding is a lousy method of natural birth control for many women.

Anyone who responds to my message in disagreement to me will be immediately banned from this page. This entire conversation is ridiculous. 

Well, I have to agree with the last sentence of Lori's quote here.  The entire blog post and ensuing conversation is ridiculous.

Particularly her ever-long-suffering response in threat that she will immediately ban anyone who disagrees with Her Highness.

What a colossal bitch.

32 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

heatherdidnotgossip.PNG

Maybe not -- I don't spend a lot of time trying to define biblical gossip. But either way it's not reliable information if you can't back it up.

Since no one is named or identifiable, there is also nothing to stop Heather, or Lori, or those preachers from making stuff up. Do we really think Lori's doctors actually confide to her that they wish they hadn't gone to medical school? Do we really think all those miracle black salve cancer cures on the websites actually happened? Do we really think all those Sunday "real life" illustrations came from personal experience rather than from Sermons-R-Us.com?

1 minute ago, ladyicantxplain said:

What in the world is the "jasmine method" of birth control, will someone please tell me?

Tried to google it, but I got Yasmin birth control pill ads...?

No, dear, these methods do not "work". I breastfed  all my babies exclusively and extended, and this only worked for ONE (the second one who is 29 months younger than her sister).  The others are fifteen and fourteen months apart. So, no...breastfeeding is a lousy method of natural birth control for many women.

She was never on the pill, but she did use birth control. It won't work though when you poke holes in them on purpose. 

My mother was one of those who breastfed exclusively for my siblings and always got her cycles back within two months. She also didn't have any trouble conceiving either so thankfully she did use birth control and I didn't have to be a sister-mom to a dozen+ siblings. 

Personally, birth control is awesome and I am extremely grateful for it. It has saved me from 3-4 months of the year in severe pain and misery. That it can also prevent any unintended children is another benefit since it's best I don't get pregnant on my own. My risk of an ectopic pregnancy is quite high if I happened to get pregnant naturally. 

1 hour ago, wallysmommy said:

Yes, it is gossip if you'e telling tales out of school.  If the employer of the nanny knew she was talking about them, they should fire her immediately.  What happens in someone's home is their business and the nanny has no right to tell tales.  She has broken their trust with her judgmental gossip.

But she'll take their money (as their employee) but talks about them behind their backs.  Gossip and morally wrong "these Christians"

Yes, I've sat in sermons where pastors used real life examples of real people's lives, and because we've always been deeply involved in church and always been clued in to the seedy underbelly,...I COULD EASILY TELL WHO THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT. Any pastor that does that has breached confidentiality and needs to be tossed out on his fucking ass.

RE: Birth Control. As my gyno likes to say - natural is great, if it works.

My body produces wacked up hormones and I need the BC to regulate me. I LOVE how normal I feel on BC and while that doesn't work for everyone, it's a lifesaver for some of us.

Lori is just so despicable. I don't know why anyone listens to her. Can't they see through her thinly-veiled charade? She's the world's biggest hypocrite. She's awful. I would HATE to have her as a mother. I have issues with my own mom, she's borderline narcissistic (I'm totally arm-chair diagnosing) with some serious issues for which she won't get help, but I'll take her one thousand times over Lori.

Lori: " ...health care is not a right. Health care is a privilege...."  

And you, Lori, are among the most privileged of all, aren't you, you smug, self-satisfied, hateful bitch?

Reader: "The Transformed Wife I was born with what you would call a pre-existing condition. If you had it your way, I would not have insurance or it would cost so much i wouldn't be able to afford it. So I guess it was God's will to make me have this problem and die because people like you refuse me care."

Sorry, dear Reader. Health care is only for the privileged. Lori said so. You have no right, and no privilege, so you're just shit out of luck, aren't you?

Lori, you aren't a Christian. You're not even a "Christian."  You disgust me.

@Loveday, so many of the people in my family have pre-existing conditions from myself down to three of my grandchildren.  We would be truly screwed if it were not for that provision of the ACA.

No, Lori.  The BC Pill does not sometimes prevent ovulation.  No sometimes about it.  Yes, I know that there are occasionally women who ovulate while on the pill.  But it's designed to stop a woman from ovulating.  And it does have a few health benefits, such as when I had to start taking it as a teenager because my periods were so BAD.

49 minutes ago, Briefly said:

No, Lori.  The BC Pill does not sometimes prevent ovulation.  No sometimes about it.  Yes, I know that there are occasionally women who ovulate while on the pill.  But it's designed to stop a woman from ovulating.  And it does have a few health benefits, such as when I had to start taking it as a teenager because my periods were so BAD.

It helps cramps and also acne. A friend's daughter has taken it for acne for years.

welfare.PNG.1be717a39dffcc225f9c932acc627307.PNG

This, from the woman who openly admitted she'd happily go on government assistance before she left her home and got a job.  

I guess hand outs are okay, as long as they are going to Princess Lori.

12 minutes ago, Koala said:

welfare.PNG.1be717a39dffcc225f9c932acc627307.PNG

This, from the woman who openly admitted she'd happily go on government assistance before she left her home and got a job.  

I guess hand outs are okay, as long as they are going to Princess Lori.

Well maybe if rich people like Lori would take helping the poor and needy seriously the government wouldn't have to put so much money into it. Seriously, the early church was so well known for how much they cared for the poor & needy. They would beg for the unwanted and abandoned babies people were going to throw out, they sold their excess to give money to those in need. Dear God American Christians today are so removed from what truly matters.  

4 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Do we really think Lori's doctors actually confide to her that they wish they hadn't gone to medical school?

I mean, if I were a doctor and had Lori whining at me about her many illnesses, demanding that I fix whatever she thinks is wrong, disregarding my knowledge in favour of whatever woo she's into, all while telling me how terrible I am for being educated and working?  I might second-guess my life choices for a minute or two.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived