IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

41 minutes ago, Koala said:

It makes me sick.  When it comes to her own life, Lori takes the "pray to God, but row for shore" approach.  When it comes to others, they "hate God and His ways" or "don't trust God", if they take even the smallest measures to ensure the welfare of their families.

@Koala   You nailed it.  It is hypocricy.

On another note, I cannot find the post where you mention Lori saying that her children feared her.  But I know this, because I read it,  AND she also said "maybe that's a good thing.  There is something so very off about her.  Her idea about what love is ... is .. the patriarchal hierarchy, of course, but it is more of an exchange with her husband.  She gave him the gift of her virginity; in return she got someone who would support her in the manner she was used to growing up ... upper-middle class and spoiled. 

The irony of all of her posts about having lots of children and that children are such a gift, is that Lori treated her children poorly.

She beat her children with a leather strap which she bought at a church service.   She used food ... either withholding or insisting how much/little they ate.  Force-feeding them at times.  

She definitely spiritually abused them.  She has this video where she tells her grandchildren that if they dont behave, snakes will come to bite them  ... she laughingly says  to them "remember abut the snake in the bible and what it did?"  She is proud of this?  There is so much more, but I think I have made my point.

Finally, she talks about "learning to love" ... your children, your  husband, etc.  NO.  You either do or you don't.  

Most moms just love their babies and they do not pinch a nursing baby and say "I wasn' t going to have any of that"  This is a very dysfunctional way to bring up children.  Lori says "pain is a great teacher" and she did inflict pain on a number of levels, not just physical.  She is, imo, a child abuser.   

Lori is a walking contradiction.  She is cruel, spiteful, and mean.  

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

The guy got the recipe in a dream? I can claim that I graduated with a doctorate in space exploration from Harvard and that doesn't make it true. That guy can claim it healed people, but that doesn't make it true. 

I had the same reaction...I know a bit about clinical trials due to my work.  Major academic research facilities DO NOT accept random samples of products  from individuals "to test" and write a letter back saying "YEP! It has cancer fighting properties."

That's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works! :bangheaddesk:

I wonder if Lori voted/is voting today.  She thinks she should despite believing women shouldn't have that right, but is she too lazy to bother getting out there and doing it? 

Another diatribe today about women who teach the Bible instead of men. It comes complete with a dose of Lori Irony:

Many of the women "preachers" have fallen into false doctrines as well. They are given special revelations and pull things out of the Bible that just aren't there.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

I took a Lori break. I see we are back on black salve. I don't remember what you are actually supposed to use black salve but the last time we had this discussion I remember reading about it (and being grossed out by the pictures) and thinking, I bet that kills planters warts really well!

Skin cancer, specifically melanoma. My great uncle had melanoma, he died when it metastasized into "gut" cancer (it was the early 1980s, I was a little kid, I don't remember anyone saying which organ). My cousin (great uncle's son) had melanoma and his ended up as brain cancer. They both had treatments, remission for awhile but once melanoma gets too advanced or metastasizes, not much can be done. Lori is very, very dangerous playing doctor on the internet. Edit to say- my uncle died in the early 80s and cousin died in the early 90s and as it was sad. However, it was more heartbreaking seeing them so sick. Both were farmers so strong men but so very sick. So death was a "relief", if you get what I mean. At this time in my life I don't think of them as often but when people start talking woo cures (especially with cancer) it makes me ... UGH!

20 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Another diatribe today about women who teach the Bible instead of men. It comes complete with a dose of Lori Irony:

Many of the women "preachers" have fallen into false doctrines as well. They are given special revelations and pull things out of the Bible that just aren't there.

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

yoda.jpg.80d353d8c0967a8a615625fb55e7813b.jpg

16 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I took a Lori break. I see we are back on black salve. I don't remember what you are actually supposed to use black salve but the last time we had this discussion I remember reading about it (and being grossed out by the pictures) and thinking, I bet that kills planters warts really well!

Skin cancer, specifically melanoma. My great uncle had melanoma, he died when it metastasized into "gut" cancer (it was the early 1980s, I was a little kid, I don't remember anyone saying which organ). My cousin (great uncle's son) had melanoma and his ended up as brain cancer. They both had treatments, remission for awhile but once melanoma gets too advanced or metastasizes, not much can be done. Lori is very, very dangerous playing doctor on the internet.

Exactly what she's doing, though she won't admit it. All her 'disclaimers' mean nothing, she's playing around with people's lives here. I'm very sorry about your great-uncle and cousin. 

Ken, I know you read here. You need to shut Lori up about this black salve crap and make her remove that post. Looks like FB isn't going to do it despite many reports, so you need to man the fuck up before someone takes her wacked-out advice and then dies. Seriously. :COLERE:

ETA: A comment from Flicka, one of Lori's leghumpers:

Thank you for posting this. I have a growth on my skin and I prayed for a way to fix it. God says He has given us everything we need for health. Black Salve included.

But apparently not dermatologists. ?

6 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Exactly what she's doing, though she won't admit it. All her 'disclaimers' mean nothing, she's playing around with people's lives here. I'm very sorry about your great-uncle and cousin.  

Ken, I know you read here. You need to shut Lori up about this black salve crap and make her remove that post. Looks like FB isn't going to do it despite many reports, so you need to man the fuck up before someone takes her wacked-out advice and then dies. Seriously. :COLERE:

Thanks, they passed away many years ago and they were so sick and suffering so much that death was a relief, if you get what I mean. The saddest part was my cousin's kids were very young when my cousin died, so the youngest has zero memories of a healthy dad and the oldest might have a couple but I doubt it. I am not close with the cousins, I was graduating high school and moved to college when they were starting school.

I‘m not a regular reader of the Lori threads but I just finished reading the last thread and this one and I have so much to say.

- It’s shocking to see how much hate there is online by people who call themselves Christians. Promoting rape, calling people ugly and skanks and what not, deleting helpful and polite comments and so on... I never would have been able to believe this if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes and it really upsets me.

- It feels very good to read all of your kind, intelligent and insightful posts after seeing all of that hate in Lori’s comment section. Seriously, there is so much more love here than anywhere on Lori’s Facebook page!

- Isn’t it funny how you don’t even need to use common sense or science to disprove what Lori is “teaching”?  Everything she says can be refuted by just using the Bible, the very book she (supposedly) bases her arguments on. @ladyicantxplain I especially enjoyed reading your posts. You do a great job of using the Bible to show that what Lori is saying is absolutely not the word of God! Too bad she won’t listen to anyone who doesn’t share her exact convictions. 

- What you guys are doing here, speaking up against those lies and the hate is so important. There are more than 80 000 people who like the transformed wife Facebook page (how is that even possible?!), so what Lori is saying is spreading a lot more than whatever the Rodrigueses or Bro Garys of the world are posting. I hope that as many of her followers as possible find this site and/or any other voices of reason and realize that Lori is teaching her own, false doctrine, not God’s word (which is actually about loving people, lifting them up and setting them free, not putting them down)!

I will have no shits to give when Lori ends up with metastatic melanoma (from not using the poisonous sunscreen) and dies from trying to treat it with black salve.

She uses this on "sores that don't heal"? Really? Why is this paragon of health getting sores in the first place, let alone sores that don't heal? I'd be very worried if this were happening to me. 

This is what eating constant salads, soaking fancy nuts, and slathering $14 dollar butter on very complicated bread gets you? It's enough to make a person rush to McDonalds.

5 hours ago, Liza said:

Her idea about what love is ... is .. the patriarchal hierarchy, of course, but it is more of an exchange with her husband.  She gave him the gift of her virginity; in return she got someone who would support her in the manner she was used to growing up ... upper-middle class and spoiled. 

There's no issue with two adults deciding on a marriage of convenience as long as both parties involved are aware of the state of things. The problem in Ken and Lori's situation is that it doesn't appear that Ken initially knew what was happening. Lori was the predator and he was her unwitting prey. As she so often does, Lori took honesty out of the equation to suit her own needs. And by deceiving Ken, she removed any chance he may have had to find someone who would actually love him for who he was. 

11 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

There's no issue with two adults deciding on a marriage of convenience as long as both parties involved are aware of the state of things. The problem in Ken and Lori's situation is that it doesn't appear that Ken initially knew what was happening. Lori was the predator and he was her unwitting prey. As she so often does, Lori took honesty out of the equation to suit her own needs. And by deceiving Ken, she removed any chance he may have had to find someone who would actually love him for who he was. 

I actually don't think Lori married Ken expecting a wealthy lifestyle. He was not rich at the time (just a student) and was going to attend seminary.As it turns out, that's what she got, a rich guy, but I don't think when they married there were any signs it would end up that way.

I do think she wanted a man, decent looking, willing to let her stay at home, a Christian, that adored her enough to allow her to manipulate him. That's what she got. On the surface, there's nothing wrong with that. However, her rigidity and her inability to adapt when necessary is what caused problems. For example, when they didn't have the money for her to stay home, she should have done things like talk to Ken, cut back on expenses, continue working till they had saved an agreed-upon sum, etc. 

Frankly, I don't understand why she was so pissed about working. HER MOM was watching Alyssa. It seems like a great setup.

@Hisey I agree. My post was pointed less at what her criteria for a husband was and more about her dishonesty toward Ken. He may have thought twice if she had been truthful about what her true aim was. After all, she and her commenter Christine were concerned about the conundrum of catching a college man while trying to avoid actual work. 

I do think it's doubtful that Lori would have been happy to just stay at home and be cared for. She is a highly unsatisfied woman even with all her daily luxuries. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

She uses this on "sores that don't heal"? Really? Why is this paragon of health getting sores in the first place, let alone sores that don't heal? I'd be very worried if this were happening to me. 

This is what eating constant salads, soaking fancy nuts, and slathering $14 dollar butter on very complicated bread gets you? It's enough to make a person rush to McDonalds.

I kind of suspect that the reason she has these sores, and the reason they don't heal, is because she puts black salve on things like moles or bug bites. Black salve causes things that weren't sores to turn into sores. 

Lori, if you are actually getting "sores that won't heal" that are NOT caused by black salve, you need to get yourself to a doctor. 

1 hour ago, Hisey said:

I actually don't think Lori married Ken expecting a wealthy lifestyle. He was not rich at the time (just a student) and was going to attend seminary.As it turns out, that's what she got, a rich guy, but I don't think when they married there were any signs it would end up that way.

I think she did....I think she's a very savvy person and knew she'd find some way that he either became a preacher with a church large enough to live off of or she'd have Daddy set him up.  I have a friend who's first husband was her high school sweetheart.  She said many times she married him for his money: "He didn't have anything when we got together but I knew he would so I married him."  True to form, there was a series of unfortunate and fortunate events that have left him a millionaire.  She was there for the first several thousands and then left him.  

Lori is canaille as we say here.  She plays dumb exceptionally well, but when it comes to what she wants?  Nothing is going to stand in her way, she's proven that time and again.  

46 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I think she did....I think she's a very savvy person and knew she'd find some way that he either became a preacher with a church large enough to live off of or she'd have Daddy set him up.

I don't know if I believe she married him for money per se but rather the prospect of money.  He checked all of the right boxes and while he may have not come from a wealthy background or had money at the time....he had enough of an "it" factor (according to Lori's standards) that  the potential for him to be successful/earn money/have status  was  great enough for her to hitch her wagon to him. 

It's just a subtle difference, and I may be splitting hairs... but in her mind he was a "good bet"

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I think she did....I think she's a very savvy person and knew she'd find some way that he either became a preacher with a church large enough to live off of or she'd have Daddy set him up.  I have a friend who's first husband was her high school sweetheart.  She said many times she married him for his money: "He didn't have anything when we got together but I knew he would so I married him."  True to form, there was a series of unfortunate and fortunate events that have left him a millionaire.  She was there for the first several thousands and then left him. 

How could a pathologist set Ken up? Ken isn’t a medical professional. That doesn’t make sense

If she wanted a “sure thing” I’m surprised she didn’t marry a premed student or an engineering student. A seminary student? Doesn’t say sure bet to me. 

I do think she was using him but maybe for the other reasons I described 

2 minutes ago, Hisey said:

How could a pathologist set Ken up? Ken isn’t a medical professional. That doesn’t make sense

Likely with the money and clients to get his consulting business going. Not any other way someone with his degree and previous work could become a consultant for medical professionals otherwise. 

13 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Good buddy hookups, peers, people in the right spot at the right time type situations.  Not exactly the same profession, but perhaps those in a similar enough field.  I mean, he was in school for theology and ended up consulting dentists and orthodontists....I still scratch my head over that connection.  

I agree @SongRed7, he was the "good bet".  Maybe had a particularly driven attitude or can sell ice water to Eskimoes.  He had the religious background she needed, the looks, and with an occasional push in the right direction...the income she needed to live.  Hell, that second baby did two things:  got her back at home where she wanted to be and got him out of her hair working 80 hours a week to cover the load she dropped.  She got babeez, house she can run the way she wanted, and money.  

Also, I think Ken may be weak minded as well-easily led.  I believe Lori's personality is much stronger than his and she's learned over the years the best ways to manipulate him.  I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a lot of "well my daddy says...." to go along with her nasty attitude.  I bet a lot of things were caved on to keep her from going full on Mommy/Wifey Dearest.

7 hours ago, Loveday said:

ETA: A comment from Flicka, one of Lori's leghumpers:

Thank you for posting this. I have a growth on my skin and I prayed for a way to fix it. God says He has given us everything we need for health. Black Salve included.

God says He gave you EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR HEALTH by giving you THE HOLY SPIRIT to lead you into all  TRUTH, and faith to believe what His Word says.

"TRUTH" is that black salve is not God, nor the Holy Spirit.  There is no INHERENT HEALING POWER in Black Salve or any of the other stuff Lori's been peddling on the blog.

If Flicka wants faith healing, there is a way to receive that by way of the Holy Spirit and laying on of hands, but that doesn't have anything to do with Black Salve, either. (And that DOESN'T MEAN you "never, ever, ever use Western Medicine" just because you believe in faith healing.)

Lastly, did "God" give us Black Salve?  Seems to me this is a man-made concoction; it's not quite like stepping into a garden and harvesting some bud to smoke for medicinal purposes (provided you live in an area where this is legal).  I do not believe you can walk somewhere and "extract" some Black Salve from a shrub, and call it from God.  

Black Salve is a man-made concoction that should be used under supervision from a medical professional, at best.  This is NOT "from God"...it is MAN'S WISDOM, if that.  I'm not convinced it isn't complete foolishness after reading Lori's blog and the comments.

3 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Good buddy hookups, peers, people in the right spot at the right time type situations.  Not exactly the same profession, but perhaps those in a similar enough field.  I mean, he was in school for theology and ended up consulting dentists and orthodontists....I still scratch my head over that connection.  

I agree @SongRed7, he was the "good bet".  Maybe had a particularly driven attitude or can sell ice water to Eskimoes.  He had the religious background she needed, the looks, and with an occasional push in the right direction...the income she needed to live.  Hell, that second baby did two things:  got her back at home where she wanted to be and got him out of her hair working 80 hours a week to cover the load she dropped.  She got babeez, house she can run the way she wanted, and money.  

Also, I think Ken may be weak minded as well-easily led.  I believe Lori's personality is much stronger than his and she's learned over the years the best ways to manipulate him.  I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a lot of "well my daddy says...." to go along with her nasty attitude.  I bet a lot of things were caved on to keep her from going full on Mommy/Wifey Dearest.

I think you're right on Ken being easily led. But I think he's intellectually lazy as well. Based on the stuff he's come up with for psychology it's obvious he can't or isn't willing to do anything beyond very surface level , often incorrect, research. No one who knows how to look up basic information would say Borderline personality disorder is the result of feminism as he has. That's a hugely ignorant claim given that trauma is probably a potential factor in its development. As a seminary grad myself, I find it incredibly strange that he can't do research. But then again given the people I've met in other programs maybe I shouldn't be surprised. 

Both are intellectually lazy so they deserve each other. 

22 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I think you're right on Ken being easily led. But I think he's intellectually lazy as well. Based on the stuff he's come up with for psychology it's obvious he can't or isn't willing to do anything beyond very surface level , often incorrect, research. No one who knows how to look up basic information would say Borderline personality disorder is the result of feminism as he has. That's a hugely ignorant claim given that trauma is probably a potential factor in its development. As a seminary grad myself, I find it incredibly strange that he can't do research. But then again given the people I've met in other programs maybe I shouldn't be surprised. 

Both are intellectually lazy so they deserve each other. 

Agreed.
I think Ken often gets a pass he doesn't deserve.  He's a people-pleaser at heart, so he's always guarding what he says/trying to say the right thing.  Even so, the real Ken slips out just often enough to make me not feel one bit bad for him for being married to such a cruel, shrew of a woman.

Lori, on the other hand, straight up doesn't care what people think.  She's thinks she's right no matter what, and isn't smart enough to care how it makes her look (even when she's directly contradicting herself).  In the end, she just wants to be right and control.  And honestly, I don't think she's got a lick of smart to her.  The only thing she understands is how to be mean, and how to manipulate people into doing things for her/providing for her.  

33 minutes ago, Koala said:

Lori, on the other hand, straight up doesn't care what people think.  She's thinks she's right no matter what, and isn't smart enough to care how it makes her look (even when she's directly contradicting herself).  

I think Lori cares very much what people think and that's why she's so mean. She's like the kid in kindergarten that breaks all the crayons when no one will let her color with them. I think it hurts her feelings that she's not as loved as other Christian bloggers and she doesn't understand why.

I also think that Lori doesn't really give a shit about being an "older" godly woman. What she does care about is cutting down younger women because she herself is no longer young. I remember that "YouTube" she made where she stood in front of her own picture talking sadly about getting older. She's jealous of young women, their bodies, their freedom. But the thing is, no one dropped that yoke around her neck except her. I think she's shallow enough to still need attention from men like Trey, Dave or the MRA crowd and that's why she's become so extreme. She eats it up when men post comments praising her as a paragon of female behavior.

I do agree that Lori has had an extreme need to be right (pride) and control (based upon irrational fear).

I also agree that Lori is HIGHLY INSECURE and cares very much what people think, though she doesn't want anyone to actually perceive this about her.  I believe this because I have seen her steal photographs off my facebook wall and take them into private conversations, trying to sway others to "think like her" and mock what I've shared publicly: it is TOTAL INSECURITY.  "Look at ME!  Don't look over there at her, or anywhere else but at ME!  I AM RIGHT!"

She is highly competitive.  Her own marriage is a competition.  She competes with other women, in a passive aggressive sort of way.  I also see jealousy. And I believe the insecurity is partially fed by this endless flow of MRA and redpill types that give attention to Lori and Ken.  Insecure people NEED a "harem", so to speak, of little worshipers always trailing after them, flattering them.

All of it is twisted and disgusting and I really wish all eighty-four thousand some-odd followers would vote with their attendance and leave her without an audience at all.  But that would mean I would have to stop reading the crap, too.  And it's been like a train wreck I've rubber-necked for so long...

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived