IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

I am watching Doctor Blake as I write.  

Anyway, back to the discussion of the "ugly women" on the new Sabrina.  on what planet is Kiernan Shipka not considered beautiful?  She was pretty as Sally on Mad Men and has grown into a lovely young woman.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just realized-6 hours later-this never posted:

I spent about 20 minutes today discussing the whole "withholding sex" issue with my husband. I think I've come up with a couple plausible theories:

A. I'm inclined to believe the percentage of commenters who go literally months or years without affection of sex pales in comparison to those who get regular relations. The regularity may not be their preference, but it's probably several times a month or week. (Not saying it doesn't happen, just that the whiners outnumber the real issues)

B. Petty people do petty things. If she's holding out because he didn't buy her the car, she's petty. There won't be a way to please her, so don't try. (Same goes for a guy)

C. It dawned on me that most people I've read online who fuss about this are either wealthy and/or see life in general as a contract. They (men & women) go into the marriage seeing it as a perpetual trade off. She's pretty enough/he's rich enough, she gave him kids/he gave her a house, he gets a rim job/she gets 20" rims. 

The poor folks who can't marry for contract, marry for love. They don't have that push & pull. They're running around like some wood nymphs while people like Lori are settling for 10 minutes & lube. 

It just feels like more of her entitlement bs.  

Also, WHERE in the bible does it state that that a family is a form of government?? Can anyone explain that logic to me?  

Aaannnddd WRT the aliens & beautiful people... we all know they land in trailer parks, they going to see Jaime Pressly! 

7 hours ago, Briefly said:

I love Miss Fisher!  I tried to watch Doctor Blake but just couldn't get into it.  But I think I will give it another try.

I'm almost embarrassed to admit I had no idea Doctor Blake was Craig McLachlan until someone told me. I still remember him as a lad in the 80's........

On 11/2/2018 at 10:35 PM, Koala said:

I also realize that the reference to pets is a jab at your daughter's dog.  I get it- you like to hurt people, and this is an easy way for you to do that.  It's not missed.  It's obvious.  It's vile.

@Koala  this is exactly what I thought when I read Lori's post about children versus pets.  On Facebook (maybe elsewhere) there is a picture of all of them.  The other three children with their children and one daughter with her dog. 

Lori, do you love your daughter?  Because, I don't get how you can repeatedly talk about barrenness given the pain your daughter is going through and now you bring it down to a post about loving a pet if you don't have a child.   PS:  You can do both!

11 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

I am watching Doctor Blake as I write.  

Anyway, back to the discussion of the "ugly women" on the new Sabrina.  on what planet is Kiernan Shipka not considered beautiful?  She was pretty as Sally on Mad Men and has grown into a lovely young woman.

She reminds me of a young Alicia Silverstone, tbh.

Personally, I thought all of the lead girls were very pretty. Youth has its own beauty, to be sure, but they're pretty young women regardless.

We're back to the wonders of black salve today. A reader asks, "How about for melanoma?" I swear, if she says it works for melanoma... :angry-cussingblack:

I was just thinking about her black salve stuff yesterday and how it's about time for one of her misinformed, skin-eating medical advice posts. Lol I'm starting to think I know too much about her now. Anyone not blocked got pictures they can share with her followers of people who used that stuff? 

It kills me when some of Loris followers see rape and 'not wanting sex' as opposites of each other. Or that they both fall on the same spectrum of behaviour. 

'Yeah a husband shouldn't force himself on his wife, *BUT* the wife also shouldn't withhold sex from him'.

10 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I’m glad someone told Lori that this won’t cure skin cancer. 

BAEDB807-E0AB-4767-8B12-55BEA64A470C.png

Glad you caught that; it will be gone as soon as Lori sees it. 

And what the hell--using it on TEETH?? She hasn't been to a dentist in fifteen years because of black salve? I call total bullshit on this one. You can bet Lori won't be using it on her teeth. Or staying away from a dentist for more than six months, not to mention fifteen years.

These people. First, doctors are evil and to be avoided. Next, it's dentists. I can't even.

Oh, wait. She hasn't been to a dentist in over EIGHT years. My bad. (And I bet her teeth are bad, too! Black salve on teeth. Ugh.)

On 11/2/2018 at 3:57 PM, ladyicantxplain said:

@polecat

Yes. Tell it like it is.  Thank you.  And I am blessed to hear of your grandmother enjoying long life with lots of humor and personality.  What a joy that you have her with you!

Yesterday I couldn't put my finger on why this horrible constructed sentence of Lori's bothered me so much, but today, and especially after reading your post, I can.

I have two young children with intellectual delays right now.  Suggesting that someone who is "not in their right mind" should just be spared life and go ahead and die is just wrong on every level.  Now, in fairness to Lori, she may be thinking because her mother was aged (in her eighties, I believe?), that is is somehow okay to wish death as some sort of "salvation" versus watching someone "lose their mind".  Who can know what Lori was really thinking.  

It is EXTREMELY difficult to watch a loved one, particularly a child, struggle intellectually. Knowing that the person is IN THERE, but has problems expressing themselves with speech or emotion, is exceedingly painful to watch. However, never in a million years would I even imagine it would better for such a person to die, at any age.

All I know is that it is repulsive to suggest that death is a preferred outcome for ANY person, but particularly a person struggling with their mind, or mental health and intellectual abilities.

Never, EVER should a Christian suggest that someone was "spared" anything by their own, or another's death.  Never. 

This is freaky and is along the lines of seeding thoughts towards the acceptance of eugenics. 

12 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

The poor folks who can't marry for contract, marry for love. They don't have that push & pull. They're running around like some wood nymphs while people like Lori are settling for 10 minutes & lube.  

I love you for writing this. Will you marry me?

2 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

I love you for writing this. Will you marry me?

We might have to move to Colorado City but we could work something out  ?

53 minutes ago, wild little fox said:

This is freaky and is along the lines of seeding thoughts towards the acceptance of eugenics. 

That's it; that's why it bothers me.  She says she believes all life is precious and to be protected, but her speech defies her belief in at least one way: if one is losing one's mind, according to Lori, death may be sparing them something.

You can tell what a person really believes when they stop quoting bible and start "talking" (writing)...it will come out.

I think the other reason it bothers me is because it reminds me of Ken's statement that many spouses are "delivered" of their errant spouse by the errant spouse being "killed" (taken "home) by "God", which is also horrible theology and not the will of God at all.

Who do these people think God is?  Their God sounds more like...the one who comes to steal, kill and destroy...than the One Who came to give LIFE and that more abundantly...

10 hours ago, Liza said:

@Koala  this is exactly what I thought when I read Lori's post about children versus pets.  On Facebook (maybe elsewhere) there is a picture of all of them.  The other three children with their children and one daughter with her dog. 

Lori, do you love your daughter?  Because, I don't get how you can repeatedly talk about barrenness given the pain your daughter is going through and now you bring it down to a post about loving a pet if you don't have a child.   PS:  You can do both!

When Alyssa first got the dog, she posted a picture.  Lori's response? 

"A baby would be better."  

At that point, FJ wasn't aware that Alyssa was battling infertility, but I guarantee you that Lori was fully aware.  She's an awful woman.

More on the black salve:

733479546_blacksalve.PNG.4f1d0e56371ea7d9773c360674810395.PNG

Better hurry and delete it, Lori.  Can't have women listening to sound medical advice...you're much smarter than any doctor!

If aliens came maybe we could give them Trump and Lori.  Have at ‘em. Take them away! Bye bitches.

3 hours ago, cara said:

It kills me when some of Loris followers see rape and 'not wanting sex' as opposites of each other. Or that they both fall on the same spectrum of behaviour. 

'Yeah a husband shouldn't force himself on his wife, *BUT* the wife also shouldn't withhold sex from him'.

Same with “Yes, he is responsible for his actions.  BUT, girls, don’t make it harder for him by dressing immodestly.”

Just reading this Trey drivel again.

Men go off to work every day to provide whether or not they “feel” like it.

No, Trey, men don't ALL "go off to work every day to provide whether or not they "feel" like it."  Some of them, like my husband did, refuse to work for years, drowning in alcohol until 4 am while demanding that the wife work her ass off under the table for less than minimum wage so they can be perpetually little boys.  

Some of them don't work or pay the bills, and so the electric bill gets cut off.  The wife has to go beg the neighbors in the duplex to let her plug in a super-long extension cord at their place,  so that she can cook a box of Shells and Cheese on the electric burner for their child for dinner, and wash her dishes in cold water in the bathtub.

Yeah, these things and worse happened when I was listening to this drivel about "Just give him all the sex he wants, honey, and he'll be an awesome husband STRIVING to please you and honor you and love you and provide for you and protect you." 

Horse Shit.

And speaking of hormones ladies, if it were not for abundant testosterone and the sex drive that God put into men making them attracted to women for sex, I personally don’t believe that the vast majority of men would choose to have anything to do with women at all. Women are, in so many ways, different than men and are so confusing, emotional, irrational and so much trouble that without the sex drive, the vast majority of men would not give a woman the time of day. This is my personal opinion and might not be true.

WTF are this man's "opinions" doing on Lori's page? A place where opinion doesn't matter, but only the "truth"...?  What a disgusting thing to say about women created in the very image of the God Trey claims to "worship".  No one in their right mind would take marriage advice from this buffoon.

So many women cry and lament and are depressed that they don’t have a close and intimate relationship with their husband. Why does your husband not spend much time with you? Why don’t you share in deep and meaningful conversations and share your feelings together? Why don’t you feel the love, affection and adoration coming from him? Why are you not cherished by your husband? If you find yourself asking those questions, then ask yourself this one: How fully and how often do you give yourself sexually to him? This is the primary key to achieving what you so deeply desire.

Really?  No, it couldn't be because these husbands are selfish fuckers?  No, it couldn't possibly be SELFISH MEN.  It has to be those frigid women who just won't splay their legs on demand.

I am disgusted to no end that Lori tries to recycle Trey's word-vomit.

prostitute    verb  

UK  /ˈprɒs.tɪ.tʃuːt/ US  /ˈprɑː.stə.tuːt/ formal disapproving

to use yourself or your abilities or beliefs in a way that does not deserve respect,especially in order to get money

-Cambridge English Dictionary

Will someone please explain the difference between a prostitute and one of these "biblical womanhood" wives?

I am really having trouble finding the difference.

True intimacy works both ways. IF I am only giving intimacy so that I can GET something, I am not much more than a hooker.

IF I am giving myself over to disrespect (by giving myself sexually to a man, even my husband, who is abusive to me in ANY way), I am by this definition, a prostitute.

God doesn't want a harem of prostitute daughters who only serve Him so that they can GET from Him. We would quickly call that idolatry.

Why do we call it anything different when "christians" try to say that Christian wives are to act like harlots in "christian" marriage?

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

Oh, wait. She hasn't been to a dentist in over EIGHT years. My bad. (And I bet her teeth are bad, too! 

If she’s using  it on her teeth I’m sure it’s wearing the enamel right off

36 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

If she’s using  it on her teeth I’m sure it’s wearing the enamel right off

Yep. And I bet they're getting pretty sensitive by now, too.

Shannon asks: "Have you used this on a confirmed skin cancer?"

Lori replies: "Yes, since I get sores on my body that never heal and have had basal cell carcinoma in the past (diagnosed by a doctor) and once I treat them with Black Salve, they never come back. It's great!"

Shannon says: "Promoting this as a cancer cure is irresponsible and dangerous."

Lori replies:  "No, it's not. I have used it for probably 20 years with no problems at all! People have cured themselves of cancer through natural means for many, many years. It doesn't mean everyone should go this route but remember, medical doctors are "practicing" medicine. They aren't gods."

And then Kelli asks: "DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST SAY THIS CURES SKIN CANCER?"

Lori: "It sure has mine and where I have treated my skin, it the skin cancer never grows back."

Lori has just claimed, in clear, black and white terms, that this crap cures basal cell carcinomas. I think it's time to report this dangerous post to Facebook. :COLERE:

ETA: How the hell do you actually do that, though? There  doesn't seem to be a way to report just the post, and there is no category that fits the situation to report the entire page. I just failed at Facebook. 

7 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I reported it as unauthorized sales and then other but I doubt that will work. Facebook hardly does anything with this stuff 

I also reported it as unauthorized sales and drug use in two separate reports earlier today.  Praying it is shut down; this is ridiculous.

Why do they think "intimacy" and "sex" are synonymous? Do they not understand that you can have intimacy w/o sex and sex w/o intimacy? 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived