IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

I only skimmed the article briefly, but when I got to the part about someone with testicular cancer, it made me stop and wonder: if Ken got that (and I'm NOT wishing it on him!), would Lori just make him put some black salve on his balls to cure it? I'm laughing at the thought, but it's not really funny because we all know she's perfectly capable of doing just that! :SURLEQ:

Germanic new medicine is about telling you that every illness you got is your own fault because you have an unsolved conflict and when you solving them, you are cured. No pain or meds are allowed, while you are beeing eaten by cancer. Some practitioners of that do recomend black salve, but thats the only "med" they would maybe recommend. And since Lori has no qualms of telling women thats their fault for beeing abused by not submitting enough, I can perfectly picture her of telling people they are at fault with their cancer, because they have an unsolved conflict and aren't working enough the solve them.

And your example of Ken, now I have the dirty picture in my mind of Lori kneeling in front of Ken, he has his pants down while she holds his balls in her hands to apply black salve onto them :brainbleach:

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, FullOfGravy said:

if Lori's been using this stuff semi-regularly for 20 years, how does she not look like some kind of cross between Freddy Krueger and a smallpox survivor?

Have you seen an up-close picture of Lori? Two words: alligator handbag.

32 minutes ago, Loveday said:

*I don't mean to disparage all uses for herbal medicines; I know that many are quite helpful and are the basis for some of our most popular medications today. 

Herbal medicines can make you quite sick as well. What would be fairly innocuous to one person (like Lori and her salve) can be life-threatening to another.

I have a new doctor and for me that's a very scary thing. I have a list of allergies as long as my arm and a hyper-active immune system. It's a combination that most doctors tend to think I'm exaggerating until I've seen them for awhile but my new doc decided to play it safe and start me off with an over the counter product. It was an all-natural herbal treament that can't even be called a medicine. But that didn't stop my body from having a horrible reaction to it. I ended up sick in bed for a week and my doc was left shaking his head. I know that my case is a little extreme but all I'm saying is that it can happen and what Lori is doing has the potential to be very dangerous.

2 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Germanic new medicine is about telling you that every illness you got is your own fault because you have an unsolved conflict and when you solving them, you are cured. No pain or meds are allowed, while you are beeing eaten by cancer. Some practitioners of that do recomend black salve, but thats the only "med" they would maybe recommend. And since Lori has no qualms of telling women thats their fault for beeing abused by not submitting enough, I can perfectly picture her of telling people they are at fault with their cancer, because they have an unsolved conflict and aren't working enough the solve them.

Thanks for creating a more easily digestible form of that article. I had sort of gotten the gist of it, but not in a very clear form because I was just zipping down the page looking for any mention of black salve. LOL. And then I got to the testicles...

And your example of Ken, now I have the dirty picture in my mind of Lori kneeling in front of Ken, he has his pants down while she holds his balls in her hands to apply black salve onto them :brainbleach:

For this, I am truly sorry! :laughing-rolling:

2 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I'm sharing it to illustrate that in Lori's mind, ONLY HER PERSPECTIVE is correct.  Always.  Or she will mock you and belittle you and call you a heretic and a false teacher.  But how dare those Jezebels do such a thing to her? Call her out?  How dare they!

100%   Lori is only interesting in always being right and always getting her own way on her own terms. She has admitted it time and time again. Her transformation as a submissive wife was according to her own interpretation and Ken (for all his, "I am now the leader of my household") is fooling himself if he doesn't think Lori is still calling the shots. If he did, they would have moved to Texas or Tennessee by now.  It seems like everyone in her life (parents, sisters, husband, children...) all have a negotiated role out of obligation. 

What strikes me is she is always talking about duty, obligation, requirements. Never anything about love, commitment, forgiveness, grace.   In one of her old AL blogs he talks about her sister Alisa -- almost with jealousy about how everyone love Alisa and how she is invested in people and loving.  In another post she talks about her college roommate who was generally sweet and pleasant and a nice person.  

Can't she see these people are genuine.  None of my business, but I really wonder what her various family members think of her. Not to mention the embarrassment she must cause them -- I'm some people in their circles must know of her antics. 

20 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I also reported it as unauthorized sales and drug use in two separate reports earlier today.  Praying it is shut down; this is ridiculous.

I reported it as "fake news" 

14 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Her transformation as a submissive wife was according to her own interpretation and Ken (for all his, "I am now the leader of my household") is fooling himself if he doesn't think Lori is still calling the shots

I like whoever it was that called it "topping by bottoming."

1 minute ago, smittykins said:

I like whoever it was that called it "topping by bottoming."

Interestingly, topping from the bottom is a term widely used in the BDSM community.

I've always said there are such similarities between the BDSM community and Lori's brand of submission. But even the BDSM community is CONSENSUAL.

My question is: why is she coming down with so many sores that won't heal?  If there's more than one in...I don't know, a couple months time, why wouldn't she got them checked out?  I would like to think she has check ups for other issues, has no one done a CBC?  When's the last time she had her blood cell count checked?  With the exceptions of the neck issues which I think were a result of a car accident, she's had a tumor on a major gland, parasites in her "gut", at least one basal carcinoma and now chronic sores that won't heal.  What exactly is going on with her body???  Seriously?  Why are none of these things major red flags???  Cancer, autoimmune disorder...any number of issues that can't be cured by a natural method.  Why is she so damn careless with her body? 

41 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

What exactly is going on with her body???  Seriously?  Why are none of these things major red flags??? 

Especially since she doesn't leave the house much by all appearances.  A few runs to the "health food store," Costco on occasion and a few weeks in Door County.  When she babysits it seem they come to her house. 

Its not like she's out volunteering at a homeless shelter, or a reading program to toddlers at the local library where she might be exposed to more illnesses.   I think when I was a kid I had a few sores on my legs from running around playing outside and skinning my knees, etc...  But who just gets random sores?

Unless she picks at her skin (a nervous tic) and sores develop. Seems weird..

5 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Absolutely, I never turn down snacks & cheesecake. @older than allosaurs, get ready darling, the caterer has just appeared :lol:

OK then. That's worth the trip for sure. Can my husband come?

53 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

My question is: why is she coming down with so many sores that won't heal?  If there's more than one in...I don't know, a couple months time, why wouldn't she got them checked out?  I would like to think she has check ups for other issues, has no one done a CBC?  When's the last time she had her blood cell count checked?  With the exceptions of the neck issues which I think were a result of a car accident, she's had a tumor on a major gland, parasites in her "gut", at least one basal carcinoma and now chronic sores that won't heal.  What exactly is going on with her body???  Seriously?  Why are none of these things major red flags???  Cancer, autoimmune disorder...any number of issues that can't be cured by a natural method.  Why is she so damn careless with her body? 

I think Lori has a raging case of hypochondria. She often seems to rewrite or add unintended meaning to what she hears. My guess is that she has visited a doctor (or doctors) who have told her that she her issues are between her ears and that doesn't suffice. Enter the woo. With the exception of the brain tumor and possibly a gland issue, Lori's constant ailments can be found only on non-medical websites that exist to sell you a plethora of useless supplements, or they have a quiz with generic possible symptoms that lead to the answers behind a paywall or a book for purchase.

Everything in Loriland is blown far out of proportion and her "illnesses" are no exception. She uses them at her convenience, like getting out of weddings or any time there's work to be done. Her ailments never seem to flair up during her months in Door County or on date nights with Ken. As far as I'm concerned, she's the girl who cries wolf. 

BTW, I see that Prudently at Home (I think I'm gonna' call her Boo-Boo to Lori's Yogi-Bear) STILL cannot spell Lori's name properly when defending her Yogi Bear...

How pitiful.

Boo-Boo, go find something to DO, prudently, in your own home...

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I think Lori has a raging case of hypochondria. She often seems to rewrite or add unintended meaning to what she hears. My guess is that she has visited a doctor (or doctors) who have told her that she her issues are between her ears and that doesn't suffice. Enter the woo. With the exception of the brain tumor and possibly a gland issue, Lori's constant ailments can be found only on non-medical websites that exist to sell you a plethora of useless supplements, or they have a quiz with generic possible symptoms that lead to the answers behind a paywall or a book for purchase.

Everything in Loriland is blown far out of proportion and her "illnesses" are no exception. She uses them at her convenience, like getting out of weddings or any time there's work to be done. Her ailments never seem to flair up during her months in Door County or on date nights with Ken. As far as I'm concerned, she's the girl who cries wolf. 

I was going to say that, but you beat me to it.  So I will agree with you.  I think she's very much a hypochondriac.  If she still had young children at home, I could see her being a raging case of Munchhausen's by Proxy.  She could well have some issues, I have read here that she does in fact have a brain tumor.  But she seems to have every illness that blows in with the wind on any given day.

The Transformed Wife: I sure use it in place of Western Medicine! I have cured bladder and sinus infections with natural means. If there's a natural cure, I use it. Yes, there's a place for western medicine and I am so thankful for it but if there's a natural cure, I always try it first.

The Transformed Wife: Yes, since I get sores on my body that never heal and have had basal cell carcinoma in the past (diagnosed by a doctor) and once I treat them with Black Salve, they never come back. It's great!

Here we have Lori declaring how SHE (I, I, I...ME, ME, ME!) cures and treats her own illnesses, including basal cell carcinomas.  Notice that SHE gives ZERO credit to THE Great Physician Who Authored the Book she worships, by the name of Jesus Christ.  Zero.  In fact, when others ask Lori if the LORD should be healing her diseases (cancer), she has this to say:

(blog reader): shouldn't the Lord be curing your skin cancer?

The Transformed Wife: I don't tempt God in this way. If there's a way to cure it naturally, I use it. If I need medical attention, I go to the doctor or hospital.

It is none of my business when and if Lori goes to the doctor or hospital. Truly, it isn't. But it IS my business as a minister of THE Gospel that she is claiming to have "cured" her ailments HERSELF, giving zero Glory to The Healer Himself, and then spitting on His finished work (By Jesus' stripes, we were healed, 1 Peter 2:24) by saying that she is so holy, she doesn't "tempt God that way."  

The very thing God that pleases God (faith in His Word) is rejected by Lori and replaced with some pious statement that she wouldn't dare tempt Him by thinking He would heal her diseases.

How sad.

Again, the degree of sheer arrogance here in this singular post and thread is ASTRONOMICALLY astounding.

When Lori is confronted about giving medical advice to  80K women, she says this:

blog commenter: Promoting this as a cancer cure is irresponsible and dangerous.

The Transformed Wife: No, it's not. I have used it for probably 20 years with no problems at all! People have cured themselves of cancer through natural means for many, many years. It doesn't mean everyone should go this route but remember, medical doctors are "practicing" medicine. They aren't gods.

You're right about that, Lori, doctors are not gods.  GOD is God.  He is the only Healer; He does use doctors, but this is not divine healing (miracle).  YOU are not a god, either.  It would be nice if she would quit claiming that she is a "healer" of some natural kind.  Christians point others to The Healer.  Not themselves.

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Have you seen an up-close picture of Lori? Two words: alligator handbag.

Herbal medicines can make you quite sick as well. What would be fairly innocuous to one person (like Lori and her salve) can be life-threatening to another.

I have a new doctor and for me that's a very scary thing. I have a list of allergies as long as my arm and a hyper-active immune system. It's a combination that most doctors tend to think I'm exaggerating until I've seen them for awhile but my new doc decided to play it safe and start me off with an over the counter product. It was an all-natural herbal treament that can't even be called a medicine. But that didn't stop my body from having a horrible reaction to it. I ended up sick in bed for a week and my doc was left shaking his head. I know that my case is a little extreme but all I'm saying is that it can happen and what Lori is doing has the potential to be very dangerous.

Are you me??? 

I have the same issues. I actually drive 65 miles for a primary care doctor because most medical professionals think I'm a hypochondriac and making up the reactions. I have actually chosen on many occasions to just ride out an infection rather than mess with medication. Not fun at all. 

Read that link boo-boo (thanks @ladyicantxplain For the name) posted and nope, just nope. The APA trained paper writer in me was screaming to leave the site. No actual sources, no scientific research studies, no picture from the clinic saying it had cancer fighting properties, no even pictures of proof of healing. There was zero proof to any of those claims. The guy got the recipe in a dream? I can claim that I graduated with a doctorate in space exploration from Harvard and that doesn't make it true. That guy can claim it healed people, but that doesn't make it true. 

The woo-factor is why I left the support groups for people with my husband's disease. Woo isn't going to do jack shit for you when your pancreas shits out and you're a brittle diabetic, at HIGH risk for pancreatic cancer and can't digest your food to get the nutrients you need. 

There's ONE cure for that disease. A radical, hard as shit, LONG-ASS recovery, risk of complications surgery. However, the fear of diabetes (which they don't understand they WILL end up with anyway) drives them to the woo. Yeah, diabetes sucks ass. We just love riding the blood-glucose rollercoaster. BUT...there's ZERO risk of the 100% fatal (usually w/in 2 years) pancreatic cancer. An insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor and having to take enzymes is a pain in the ass...but when you wake up on the right side of the dirt every day...it's worth it. 

I'm a firm believer that God gives the researchers and the doctors the wisdom to do things that were unheard of just a few years ago...it's like that old joke about the guy and the flood...he ends up at the pearly gates and asks God why didn't He save him. God says, I sent you a humvee, a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want???

10 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

The woo-factor is why I left the support groups for people with my husband's disease. Woo isn't going to do jack shit for you when your pancreas shits out and you're a brittle diabetic, at HIGH risk for pancreatic cancer and can't digest your food to get the nutrients you need. 

There's ONE cure for that disease. A radical, hard as shit, LONG-ASS recovery, risk of complications surgery. However, the fear of diabetes (which they don't understand they WILL end up with anyway) drives them to the woo. Yeah, diabetes sucks ass. We just love riding the blood-glucose rollercoaster. BUT...there's ZERO risk of the 100% fatal (usually w/in 2 years) pancreatic cancer. An insulin pump, continuous glucose monitor and having to take enzymes is a pain in the ass...but when you wake up on the right side of the dirt every day...it's worth it. 

I'm a firm believer that God gives the researchers and the doctors the wisdom to do things that were unheard of just a few years ago...it's like that old joke about the guy and the flood...he ends up at the pearly gates and asks God why didn't He save him. God says, I sent you a humvee, a boat and a helicopter, what more did you want???

I got kicked out of a cancer caregivers support group for disputing the woo people. 

They make me so angry. And then the people pushing it claim that the medical profession is scamming them for money and act as if the woo-peddlers are acting out of kindness. Sure they are. Because they are selling that shit for free, right? Yeah. Of course. 

6 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

OK then. That's worth the trip for sure. Can my husband come?

Yes! (Now we definitely need that Utah house) Commuuunnne here we come! ?

So this one got me....

So much to snark on here, I don't even know where to start.

I also call bullshit on the whole story. This is the vein of Lori's "every female doctor tells me..."

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 11.32.54 PM.png

@PinkPrincess0213, yes. I had a colleague whose daughter got pregnant at 18, just as she was about to go to college. The new grandmother said, “I adore my granddaughter, but I would have loved her just as much in five years.”

Lori's son Ryan just had his fourth child. 

It is VERY sad, Jessica! Children are no longer wanted in this culture and they are God’s gifts and blessings to us! Our DIL just had her fourth baby yesterday and I was just asking my son if watching the fourth baby be born is any different than the first, and he said, “Not at all! It’s always a miracle!” Their first baby was a honeymoon baby and I was thrilled. She’s now 7 years old and a blessing to all of us. I sure wish people hadn’t told us to “wait” to have children. THIS sure isn’t in God’s word.

So in the comments on today's blog post Lori fully admits that she went to college solely to find a mate. She and commenter Christine discuss the "conundrum" that is attending college to catch a man while trying to avoid a career that might lead to actual work. I clipped Christine's post because it's lengthy.

Spoiler

Christine:

...I think a lot of women who have daughters looking for husbands need to get there daughters to Where the Men Are. So instead of a college fund…start a Man-Searching fund…You will need it!

The real question is…how do you get your Daughter to be around College Educated Men without going to College?

I would send my daughter to college and tell her to major in Basket Weaving but to spend the entire time looking for a man. But that’s risky…the men will then expect her to have a career in basket-weaving or she’ll get brainwashed.

This is the big conundrum!!!

Lori Alexander says:

November 5, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Back when I was in college, I admitted I was there for only one reason – for an MRS. degree! I had NO desire for a career. It’s ironic that you mention CA boys. Yes, my sons are great and we are so blessed by them but both of my daughters married men from out of CA! CA is getting worse by the year, sadly, but there are some great men in it still. There will always be a remnant.

As we've speculated in the past, Ken was chosen based on a set of criteria that had nothing to do with who he was as a person. Ken was single and available and ticked enough boxes. If he wasn't such a d-bag all on his own, I might feel bad for him. 

Okay, I have to say this, finally.  Lori is a danger and I hope she gets sued or removed from her online platforms (I know ... she won't).  I am really upset about this whole black salve thing.  I know a few people that have had cancer and it is serious business. 

Currently my SIL has gotten it a second time.  My husband had skin cancer, twice and had it treated by DOCTORS!!!   Cancer KILLS.  Yes, I am angry and my hope is that someone will stop this BS of hers.  Using that black salve destroys your skin if nothing is wrong with you and may kill you have squamous skin cancer.  What the living F*** is wrong with this woman?  

https://www.aad.org/media/news-releases/beware-of-black-salve

On the black salve post, a reader asks:

shouldn't the Lord be curing your skin cancer?

Excellent question.  Lori is always accusing people of not trusting the Lord, and insisting they must step out on faith.  Wouldn't this be an ideal opportunity for HER to step out on faith?

She doesn't get the opportunity to do that with money (since she married for it), but she could be an example to her readers, by doing it with her health.

Lori's reply?

temp.PNG.c83a5327933657c26039bb93b68cf20b.PNG

Tempt God?  To do what?  And is he so spineless, that he could be "tempted" by one of his believers trusting him to heal what ever illness they had?  Does he punish you if you don't go to a doctor or hospital?  Like, with poor health, maybe?

I say this, because when women talk about working so their children can have food/shelter/utilities/clothing, The Godly Mentor insists that they MUST step out on faith and stay home.  God owns everything- what he commands, he provides.

What's the difference?  If God wants Lori healthy, he doesn't need a silly doctor to make her so.  Right?  I mean if he pays power bills, he can cure skin cancer.

But see, Lori doesn't want to suffer like she wants her readers to suffer, and she doesn't really believe what she's saying.  She and Ken take every possible step to make sure they are set up for a comfortable retirement.  They plan for the future.  They don't tithe, so they can enjoy their money.

What Lori wants, is to live a posh little life, while she bosses and bullies her readers into suffering.  

It makes me sick.  When it comes to her own life, Lori takes the "pray to God, but row for shore" approach.  When it comes to others, they "hate God and His ways" or "don't trust God", if they take even the smallest measures to ensure the welfare of their families.

Did I say she makes me sick?  Because yeah, she makes me sick!

**DISCLAIMER** I am not advocating for Lori to "step out on faith" and reject the wonders that modern medicine has to offer.  (I am a diabetic, and I rely on medication to keep me healthy).  I would never want that for her or anyone else.  What I want, is for her to realize what a giant flaming hypocrite she is being.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived