IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Yep. And I bet they're getting pretty sensitive by now, too.

Shannon asks: "Have you used this on a confirmed skin cancer?"

Lori replies: "Yes, since I get sores on my body that never heal and have had basal cell carcinoma in the past (diagnosed by a doctor) and once I treat them with Black Salve, they never come back. It's great!"

Shannon says: "Promoting this as a cancer cure is irresponsible and dangerous."

Lori replies:  "No, it's not. I have used it for probably 20 years with no problems at all! People have cured themselves of cancer through natural means for many, many years. It doesn't mean everyone should go this route but remember, medical doctors are "practicing" medicine. They aren't gods."

And then Kelli asks: "DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST SAY THIS CURES SKIN CANCER?"

Lori: "It sure has mine and where I have treated my skin, it the skin cancer never grows back."

Lori has just claimed, in clear, black and white terms, that this crap cures basal cell carcinomas. I think it's time to report this dangerous post to Facebook. :COLERE:

ETA: How the hell do you actually do that, though? There  doesn't seem to be a way to report just the post, and there is no category that fits the situation to report the entire page. I just failed at Facebook. 

I reported it as false information (whatever that category is). I don’t know if it will amount to anything but I felt the need. 

Now there is a woman over there saying she knows someone who cured his stomach cancer with the anti-cancer diet and black salve. I can’t even. 

DIL Erin had her baby today. Shouldn’t Lori be caring for the other grands? Not posting her fake info...

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I reported it as unauthorized sales and then other but I doubt that will work. Facebook hardly does anything with this stuff 

45 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I also reported it as unauthorized sales and drug use in two separate reports earlier today.  Praying it is shut down; this is ridiculous.

Thanks. I'll do the same. Maybe if enough people report it, something will be done. I live in hope, anyway. 

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Thanks. I'll do the same. Maybe if enough people report it, something will be done. I live in hope, anyway. 

Report away! She's been in facebook jail once, I think the second time the "jail time" will be even longer

Lori is promoting black salve.  My God.  Now this IS dangerous.  My  husband has had skin cancer twice (both basil) and you better believe he saw a doctor and has follow up full body exams.

.  I374738761_Loripromotingblacksalve.JPG.a50be9a07d2057562e6025422744f825.JPG

It is almost as if she is trolling because the things she says are so whacky.    

Speaking of trolling, that's exactly what those who have pushed back on her post are now being called. From Prudently At Home:

These people troll Lorie. They are from her hate page and just wait for her to post so they can pick it apart and try and cause her grief . Nothing better to do.

And from a man named Joseph:

Does black salve act as "Trolls be gone"? Because we should slather it on some people here and see. If it cures cancer and chases away trolls, I'm in

All aimed at people like Bob, who writes:

Be careful! Several years ago I had a patient who treated a dark mole for 6 mos with this stuff; it turned out to be a malignant melanoma and she died of metastatic melanoma later.

His PATIENT died after using black salve to treat a mole. He's a DOCTOR. But what does he know in comparison to Lori's wisdom and knowledge? He's just a troll.

These people are insane.

LORI today:  "If young women don’t read my blog and a few others or don’t read this verse commanded by God: “I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully” (1 Timothy 5:14), then most young women will never hear anyone telling them to marry and bear children."

Lori claiming that only she (and "a few others") are proclaiming the truth.  SMH  I can't even today....

20 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

LORI today:  "If young women don’t read my blog and a few others or don’t read this verse commanded by God: “I will therefore that the younger women marry, bear children, guide the house, give none occasion to the adversary to speak reproachfully” (1 Timothy 5:14), then most young women will never hear anyone telling them to marry and bear children."

Lori claiming that only she (and "a few others") are proclaiming the truth.  SMH  I can't even today....

She also says' I love seeing young women on Facebook using their platform to teach women about biblical womanhood.'  Has Lori said in the past that young women should not be teaching others? That teaching is only for the older women? She really needs to make up her mind which way it is.

An admonishment from "Godly" Lori:

Let's break this down, shall we?

-"Do your children see the joy of the Lord in you?"

Lori Alexander:

I wasn't"joyfully at home" while I was raising my children because I was so sick.

Sorry, Lori.  No excuses.  With God, ALL things are possible.  Even being joyful when you are "soooo" sick.

-"...Watching ungodly tv shows..."

Lori Alexander:

I was a young mother, I would watch several soap operas. 

When Alyssa, my oldest, was five years old and no longer took naps, she began watching them with me. 

-Are you patient, kind, and loving towards them?

Lori Alexander:

My children definitely feared us growing up.

they were actually afraid of me

-Do they see you love their daddy and submit to his leadership?

Lori Alexander:

I hit Ken once...

-Do they see a mother with a meek and quiet spirit?

I am  lion...hear my roar!  I am no golden retriever like Jon's Mother, Lynette, or my best friend, Sandy.  (I LOVE those golden retrievers!)  It is not my personality to be gentle and submissive.

I always got my way.

When the dog below us yapped constantly, guess who called them all the time, left notes on their door, and wrote a letter telling them they better shut that dog up Or Else and got all the neighbors to sign it...Me!  

Sorry, Lori.  Guess your children didn't see Jesus in you.  You must not love God and His perfect ways.

As usual, Lori advises people to do the exact opposite of what she did, or else they aren't Godly and their children won't be either. Is that why she's so deliberately mean to her own children so often? Because she failed in raising them to be Godly (according to her own "godly" requirements)? 

Lori, you are NOT Godly. You aren't. You are a passive aggressive, mean, spiteful, vindictive, hateful, spoiled, entitled, short-sighted, unintelligent, possibly sociopathic cancer on society. Go douse yourself in black salve or something, and quit trying to make the rest of the world miserable.

22 hours ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I think the other reason it bothers me is because it reminds me of Ken's statement that many spouses are "delivered" of their errant spouse by the errant spouse being "killed" (taken "home) by "God", which is also horrible theology and not the will of God at all.

Hmmm, and Ken has a wife who has been treated for brain tumors in the past.  Is this some wishful thinking on his part?

22 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I love you for writing this. Will you marry me?

22 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

We might have to move to Colorado City but we could work something out  ?

Can I come to the wedding? I'll bring snacks and cheesecake!

4 minutes ago, SassyPantswithASideofClass said:

Can I come to the wedding? I'll bring snacks and cheesecake!

Absolutely, I never turn down snacks & cheesecake. @older than allosaurs, get ready darling, the caterer has just appeared :lol:

2 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

American culture is always telling women to get married and have kids. 

Seriously, as a life long church goer, Christian university attendee for 7 years total, marriage and kids was alllll over the place. My pastor told me that because of my personality I need to make sure and let my husband do things for me because I'm so independent. I was an 18 year old minding my own business while on a mission trip and wasn't even talking about marriage. Ring before spring was huge on campus and many of my friends have/are having babies and they're about 25-26. Apparently Lori doesn't talk to actual young people. 

So I have no firsthand experience with black salve (because I prefer to trust peer-reviewed studies and a nice lady - yes, lady - with a medical degree rather than some crazy on the internet; I'm weird like that), but if Lori's been using this stuff semi-regularly for 20 years, how does she not look like some kind of cross between Freddy Krueger and a smallpox survivor?  Google shows me some truly horrifying injuries.  Is she diluting it?  Only leaving it on for a few seconds?

As for "If I don't tell young women to marry and have babies, no one will" - first of all, holy self-importance, Batman!  The fate of every young woman rests on Lori's shoulders.  Only she can save us from that terrible doom: a career.  Only she can make sure we marry and have children, because none of us would even have considered those things without Lori's wise and godly counsel - in fact, it's a wonder that anyone married and reproduced in all those millennia before Lori's blessed birth.  And second, in what world are young women not bombarded with this message?  'Cause I wouldn't mind going there, as long as I could be sure of not running into Lori.

6 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

So I have no firsthand experience with black salve (because I prefer to trust peer-reviewed studies and a nice lady - yes, lady - with a medical degree rather than some crazy on the internet; I'm weird like that), but if Lori's been using this stuff semi-regularly for 20 years, how does she not look like some kind of cross between Freddy Krueger and a smallpox survivor?  Google shows me some truly horrifying injuries.  Is she diluting it?  Only leaving it on for a few seconds?

Pictures of what Dr. Lori has managed to do to herself with black salve:

https://lorialexander.blogspot.com/search?q=black+salve

She says that the jar she's using is nearly 20 years old, so that may be why she hasn't managed to injure herself worse than she already has.

So many evangelical to fundamentalist churches in America (in my experience) tend toward worshiping motherhood - like Lori does.  Motherhood is an idol to Lori.

This causes huge amounts of spiritual abuse within congregations and pain for those who are on the "outside".  With churches that have more women than men, numerically, all women within the church simply are not going to marry and have children unless they look outside the church's ranks.  To shame and disparage women simply for not marrying or not having children simply creates a group for Lori to favorably downward compare herself to, no matter what.  But it does an immeasurable amount of harm to single and barren women as well as to the gospel.

All weekend long, I've been playing a song by Matt Maher - with the line about Jesus going through my mind- that "when he stole my heart between two thieves, that is when love became the least of these".  - Jesus came to do away with people being "outsiders" to the Kingdom of God.  

So to all the single ladies on here, to all the childless ladies (like me) - I would say - we are of infinitely more worth than our culture says.  We are no less feminine.  We are no less spiritual.  We are not outsiders.  We are not broken, or a mistake, or unlovable.  We are smart, kind, capable, gifted, and significant.  We have purpose and meaning, and it is no less than (or more than) any other human being on this planet.

And . . .we value our lives enough to go to the doctor for skin cancer rather than quack internet advice.  ?

Lori has deleted this comment:

Be careful! Several years ago I had a patient who treated a dark mole for 6 mos with this stuff; it turned out to be a malignant melanoma and she died of metastatic melanoma later.

People don't die from cancer, and if they do, it's obviously because they didn't have a 20 year old jar of black salve handy, right Lori? :angry-cussingblack:

You know, I put this right up there with deleted the suicide hotline #.  Lori doesn't want people to know that taking her advice could literally kill them

@Ken Remember asking why we considered Lori dangerous?  THIS!

You know what is astounding to me?  That this woman has chewed me out for believing in DIVINE healing (defined as miraculous healing by the Word of God) and taken images from my personal facebook wall to mock in her sooper secret chat room (thinking I won't know, of course!), and yet she will put up stuff like this about magickal black salve?

This is craziness.  Mock a woman for believing the Word, but mock OTHERS for getting upset that you are promoting black salve as some kind of "natural miracle cure" for all manner of skin diseases...astounding. The arrogance is ASTOUNDING.

"The Lord sure didn't bless her with good skin" she says.  No, Lori. The LORD blessed you with PERFECT skin.  You were born with flawless skin,  and it sure didn't get damaged by you sitting in your house all the time.  Why can't you admit this is the result of you sitting in the sun and worshiping it?  I'm not saying it is, but she's literally blaming the LORD for her messed up skin!

Don't blame the LORD for your sun-damaged skin. 

And don't get mad at and mock others for promoting alternative DIVINE healing when you are promoting alternative medicine yourself.

According to Lori, we're supposed to take the Word literally. According to Lori, women are literally less than men and are supposed to literally remain silent in churches (which would include her own online church, but go figure).  Somehow the rules changed when I posted that we should take 1 Peter 2:24 literally.

And I'm not sharing this to get into a debate about whether or not 1 Peter 2:24 and Isaiah 53: 5 should be taken literally.

I'm sharing it to illustrate that in Lori's mind, ONLY HER PERSPECTIVE is correct.  Always.  Or she will mock you and belittle you and call you a heretic and a false teacher.  But how dare those Jezebels do such a thing to her? Call her out?  How dare they!

Carry on, I am done venting.  Mercy of God.

I read up on what black salve was, I was so freaked out by what I read...... Does Lori not believe in doctors? Or is it considered cheating on your spouse if you see a male doctor for something? I had an amazing male doctor who calmed me down when I ended up in the ER. The doctor knew I was beyond freaked out (had to get some staples in my head) and managed to calm me down and had me giggling while he shared a funny story of him growing up. He also said I was very brave (I was 7 at the time), washed my face from all the dirt, blood, sweat, and gave me some ice cream to cheer me up.

And then Prudently At Home pops back in with this:

People wanted a credible review/clinical trial (mayo clinic good enough?) of the salve and the product. You cannot get more credible than this doctor in the world of naturopath/herbalist community. 
If most of the people here had just done a bit of digging in regards to this post you could have saved yourself an immense amount of time formulating your hateful comments. I sure do hope your BP has gone down

With a link to a website that's basically more quackery* disguised as an online school of herbology (I wonder if Professor Sprout is on the faculty?). And I didn't see one single mention of the Mayo Clinic on that page.

But...'hateful comments?' I saw no hateful comments. I saw only extremely concerned people worried that Lori is telling her followers that malignant melanoma can be cured by this stuff. Which is EXACTLY what she is telling them. Word for word. That's not 'hateful.'  It's fear that someone will DIE taking her advice.

*I don't mean to disparage all uses for herbal medicines; I know that many are quite helpful and are the basis for some of our most popular medications today. 

Thanks, @Koala.  I'm still kind of surprised she doesn't have more scarring on those spots - I know after eating away that much tissue, I'd have a visible scar for more than a few months.

And I had to laugh at her petrochemical-free Vaseline.  Fairly sure that if you take the petrochemicals out of Vaseline, you should end up with a jar of air.

55 minutes ago, FullOfGravy said:

As for "If I don't tell young women to marry and have babies, no one will" - first of all, holy self-importance, Batman!  The fate of every young woman rests on Lori's shoulders.  Only she can save us from that terrible doom: a career.  Only she can make sure we marry and have children, because none of us would even have considered those things without Lori's wise and godly counsel - in fact, it's a wonder that anyone married and reproduced in all those millennia before Lori's blessed birth.  And second, in what world are young women not bombarded with this message?  'Cause I wouldn't mind going there, as long as I could be sure of not running into Lori.

Since Lori want us to outbreed Islam, we need to be reminded daily of our breeder status. Because we have to hurry, every period is a precious egg wasted. And guys like Trey need a doormat for breeding a biblical wife.

I don't know how widespread this in the US, but here it's well known in alternative circles and Lori would fit in perfectly https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-iron-rule-of-cancer-the-new-german-medicine-and-cancer-quackery/ . This hits the news here sporadicly since the 1980s and the most well known case was that of a 11 year old girl with kidney cancer, who got kidnapped by their parents to prevent a sience based therapy in the mid 1990s.

10 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Since Lori want us to outbreed Islam, we need to be reminded daily of our breeder status. Because we have to hurry, every period is a precious egg wasted. And guys like Trey need a doormat for breeding a biblical wife.

I don't know how widespread this in the US, but here it's well known in alternative circles and Lori would fit in perfectly https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-iron-rule-of-cancer-the-new-german-medicine-and-cancer-quackery/ . This hits the news here sporadicly since the 1980s and the most well known case was that of a 11 year old girl with kidney cancer, who got kidnapped by their parents to prevent a sience based therapy in the mid 1990s.

I only skimmed the article briefly, but when I got to the part about someone with testicular cancer, it made me stop and wonder: if Ken got that (and I'm NOT wishing it on him!), would Lori just make him put some black salve on his balls to cure it? I'm laughing at the thought, but it's not really funny because we all know she's perfectly capable of doing just that! :SURLEQ:

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived