IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

Both my parents are on disability. My mom had a series of strokes 26 years ago just after I was born and my dad worked his body so much when he was younger  he now had severe arthritis in his hips. My mom just accepted a full time job after working part time for like seven years. Hopefully this will help financially. Some how we haven't been struck down by lightening 

But what Lori is saying is "work full time because you're husband is disabled but I want you to know you're sinning while you're at it...even though God might have provided you with the job. Oh and I want you to feel discontent by thinking of what your life would be like if you're husband was a hard-working, non-disable husband! Also No one loves you because you aren't there at home to earn their love"

Edit: added a photo of Lori's comment. Yep she wants women to feel guilty for providing for their family, despite not having a choice, because their husband is disabled. She wants women to feel guilty about something completely beyond their control. They should be resentful towards... Idk their husband? God? Themselves? So much for joy. 

image.png

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's interesting that Lori has avoided talking about the opposite issue--what if a stay-at-home wife and mother is disabled? Apparently, if a stay-at-home-wife and mother has, say, a spinal problem and a gut problem because of worms, it's totally okay for her to hire other women (who should be working inside their own homes, no?) to do her jobs. So it's interesting that its okay to subvert "God's ways" when it's the woman in the relationship who is disabled, but apparently not okay when the man in the relationship is disabled. 

I mean, that hypothetical woman SHOULD be a hard worker, right?....

I don't believe for a minute that Lori felt "guilty" for working the first 2 years of Alyssa's life. She felt put upon that she had to drag her lazy ass out of bed and be productive instead of being a bitch at home. 

I wouldn't doubt Ken had an affair and instead of looking in the mirror and seeing that maybe her being such a bitch is what spurred Kenny-boy to find some strange, she blames all the working women of the world who are out and about and trying to seduce her husband (oh God no). 

Ummm...I never had any problems keeping my pants on at work (although there were some others who did), but really Lori, give it the fuck up. 

I'll add my name to the chorus of posters who think Ken has had affairs.  When we discussed his business once before I read the testimonials on his page.  One was from a woman dentist who said she "loved" working with him.  I'll bet Lori saw that, saw red and, had him take it down.

Most women I know would not use the word, "love" to describe a working relationship with a married man.  They might use appreciated, enjoyed, was happy to work with, etc.

I thought at the time there was something going on there.  Now that it's gone I tend to think my impression was correct.  If you look at his current testimonials there is only one from a woman, all the rest(app. 25) are from men.

Either Ken can't get a good testimonial from a woman or Lori severely limits those that have been written by women.

This sums everything up. Lori forgets what biblical womenhood when married is. You are to help you husband. 

Wives and children are dealing with more than just guilt from leaving the home. For me I was dealing with the fact that my dad would never be the same. Ever. I had to wash my dad and change his diapers. I never once made my mom feel bad for working. My mom never felt guilty about leaving the home. You know what she felt? Guilt for not making enough money. Loss because of my dad getting more and more sick. She felt stressed when hospice told my mo someone had to stay with my dad 24/7 or he had to be put in a home.

once again Lori you miss all of the points. 

F8742CB0-D166-4A12-92FB-B2AA826DDE48.jpeg

It irritates me when she supports her irrational arguments by starting her statements with "many women" or "many people" or "most women."  I've mentioned this before on another thread.  This is based on her biased view of the world, like a jackass wearing blinders, and this is what she sees as "truth."  

Did you notice on yesterday's blog, she quotes New Testament letters to the church by Paul and John, and even telling people to listen to Michael Pearl (gag) teach,  yet she never points directly to the words of Christ.  If we are saved by being a "keeper at home", "serving our husbands," and having eleventy thousand kids, then Christ died in vain.  

Well, ladies, are you following your dreams? Guess what, you’re whoring yourself out. 

DDF89433-5C69-41C8-8711-9D5CFC3AE863.png

9 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Well, ladies, are you following your dreams? Guess what, you’re whoring yourself out. 

And what is it called when a woman has sex with a man in exchange for financial gain?  Like...Lori's definition of marriage?  She puts out, he puts her up? But go on, Lori, tell us how making my own decisions makes me a whore for the cold world...sorry/not sorry, got a song stuck in my head and it just fit in right there.  

5 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

And what is it called when a woman has sex with a man in exchange for financial gain?  Like...Lori's definition of marriage?  She puts out, he puts her up? But go on, Lori, tell us how making my own decisions makes me a whore for the cold world...sorry/not sorry, got a song stuck in my head and it just fit in right there.  

Well, since Lori by definition is practicing prostitution - exchanging sex for material or financial gain - she should be quite an authority on whores.

*I mean that without disrespect to sex workers. It's attitudes like Lori's that have made that one of the only ways for women to support their families, in past times!

On top of Lori's usual stupidity, she talks about a stupid song. I remember that song as a young child and hated it even then.  The title doesn't even make sense.

25 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Well, since Lori by definition is practicing prostitution - exchanging sex for material or financial gain - she should be quite an authority on whores.

*I mean that without disrespect to sex workers. It's attitudes like Lori's that have made that one of the only ways for women to support their families, in past times!

No disrespect intended from me either, actual sex work strikes me as a more honest transaction than Lori's form of prostitution.  

38 minutes ago, delphinium65 said:

Yep, me getting an advanced degree to help traumatized and abused kids? WHORE. Lori sabotaging her birth control so she can stay at home and be entirely supported by her husband in miserable marriage and boss around her nanny and house cleaner?VIRTUOUS. 

Notice the songwriters are men so a man writing about a woman's perspective like that loses credibility. Also in the song it just seems like the woman is chasing after things to fulfill her rather than finding it in who she is. Children are wonderful blessings but they shouldn't be what makes you whole. A personal experience does not make a reality for all individuals. Lori not being able to handle working is her personal experience. Yes a working mom might be exhausted but so are working dad's. But again because they care fuck all about fathers being something other than cash machines they don't care if a dad is too tired from working long hours to spend time with his children. I wonder if Lori cared that Ken missed out of his children's life with long hours? It's clear they don't care about real parenting but maintaining an impossible family standard. 

2 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

On top of Lori's usual stupidity, she talks about a stupid song. I remember that song as a young child and hated it even then.  The title doesn't even make sense.

Me too, especially that spoken part in the middle:  "Do you know what love is?  It's that little baby you're holding.  And it's that man you fought with this morning.  The same one you're going to make love with tonight."  :puke-front:

There IS redemption for these Fallen Women ONLY if they will accept our Lord Jesus Christ into their hearts and amend their sinful, whoring ways.

What planet is this poster living on? If having a career as a woman is "sinful, whoring ways," then I guess I own it because I need to eat and have a roof over my head. Prince Charming hasn't shown up yet with his fat wallet in his back pocket, so that's the way it's gonna be. 

You know what?  Lori's right.

I'm a big ole, dream chasing, bill paying, child protecting, husband feeding ho.  (Yes I know that's not the exact proper term but we're about to get a little Mo'dear/Madea unleashed)

Everyone with something to barter for does it.  You need shoes or food?  You exchange goods for funds.  You need emotional and/or physical companionship?  You exchange compassion or physical affection for it.  You need funds?  You exchange mental and physical capability.  You need a baby?  You exchange 10 minutes of your time staring at the ceiling.  

So, what is my jezebel ass ho'ing for today?  Money to pay the loan I took out against my truck to help out my headship's business.  What was I ho'ing for yesterday?  Money to buy Christmas gift makins for my family.  What will I be ho'ing for Thursday??? Some damn pie.  Worse yet, I've pimped my daughter by allowing her to obtain a job skill and making it possible for her to go to college.   

Lori you whored yourself out and sold it to the highest bidder for a beautiful house, a Mercedes, four kids that kept you in said house, and yearly vacations that last as long as you want them.  Shut your suck old lady, cause heaven know you ain't using it for anything worthwhile anyway. 

wooooooossaaaaaahhhhhhh :martinismiley:

So to continue the ho diaries: 

Today I'm being a ho and finishing up mental health assessments so people can get treatment. Very early this morning, I was working crisis on a potential attempt at overdose. What a ho right? I mean how dare I get up in the middle of the night for people in crisis. #ladyofthenight

HoHoHo happy living life as free individuals! 

I am no longer a ho, but I am now living off the ill-gotten gains I accrued from many decades of whorishly giving away my body and soul to public utilities industries and an OMG community college, where I led young women on the path to Satan by helping them learn how to write in coherent English.

On with the Ho Anonymous meeting:

My (pseudo)name is Delphinium, and I'm a ho (insert 'Hi, Delphinium' here). Today I'm being a ho for my supervisor, who happens to be female as well (I'm a closet lesbian too? gaspshock!)  I know it's not God's Perfect Way for me, but since I'm a stubborn, rebellious Jezebel I like to eat, have a roof over my head, and clothes on my back, so I type my little fingers almost to death on a daily basis because I don't trust Lori's god enough.  I don't suppose the fact that he never came through and paid the bills in the past counts for anything, does it?  

5 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

DDF89433-5C69-41C8-8711-9D5CFC3AE863.png

That's what I'm doing. I turned my back on my duties as a 45 year old SAHD. I refused to have children or marry. and I live in sin. I love my life. I truly believe I am far more happy than Lori has ever been. Lori you chose poorly and you are bitter about it and sadly you make people miserable because you feel trapped. Your crazy religious beliefs that YOU choose to believe in keep you trapped. 

I'm Teddy Bonkers, and I'm a ho. I am whoring myself out by getting a master's degree. I am whoring myself out by following my dream of serving others and making blankets for deployed soldiers. (Oh, shit, does that mean I am whoring myself out to soldiers?) I am just the whoriest whore in all of whoredom. 

But at least I married for love. I got that going for me, which is nice.

So if my university pays me for my expertise, advertises it in a course catalogue, and sends me a list of students who want it, does that make the university my pimp?  Maybe I'll give my dean one of these for Christmas.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived