IGNORED

Lori Alexander 57: The Wisdom and the Folly

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@polecat

How nasty and hateful. 

Yes. Tell it like it is.  Thank you.  And I am blessed to hear of your grandmother enjoying long life with lots of humor and personality.  What a joy that you have her with you!

Yesterday I couldn't put my finger on why this horrible constructed sentence of Lori's bothered me so much, but today, and especially after reading your post, I can.

I have two young children with intellectual delays right now.  Suggesting that someone who is "not in their right mind" should just be spared life and go ahead and die is just wrong on every level.  Now, in fairness to Lori, she may be thinking because her mother was aged (in her eighties, I believe?), that is is somehow okay to wish death as some sort of "salvation" versus watching someone "lose their mind".  Who can know what Lori was really thinking.  

It is EXTREMELY difficult to watch a loved one, particularly a child, struggle intellectually. Knowing that the person is IN THERE, but has problems expressing themselves with speech or emotion, is exceedingly painful to watch. However, never in a million years would I even imagine it would better for such a person to die, at any age.

All I know is that it is repulsive to suggest that death is a preferred outcome for ANY person, but particularly a person struggling with their mind, or mental health and intellectual abilities.

Never, EVER should a Christian suggest that someone was "spared" anything by their own, or another's death.  Never. 

She died within ten days of this event so she was spared ever losing her mind completely which we are so thankful for.

From the last thread: My felines sort of saved me, they came into my life when the nest was empty and the marriage was rocky. I had someone(s) to love on, snuggle, talk to, and who loved me back. They were/are my babies. There's plenty of room in my heart for my kids, grandkids, husband, friends AND the felines. 

"Losing your mind": Both my parents had dementia before they died. My dad's was due to COPD...the lack of oxygen to his brain. The mother from the strokes. My father, although he couldn't remember what he did 10 minutes before, still remembered who I was, remembered my kids. It was hard but I treasured every moment with him. The mother? The post-stroke dementia didn't change her personality one damn bit...she was still an evil, bitter, abusive bitch...and I was RELIEVED when she died. I was FREE, finally, from her. 

Sorry Lori but I, as a woman, have had zero desire to have children. Never wanted them even as a kid. I love children but the desire isn’t there. Not everyone has a desire for kids or marriage. Guess what? There is nothing wrong with that. 

Lori- women choosing to have pets instead of children = Absolutely NONE of Lori Alexander's business.  Seriously, the Bible says so. 

1 Thessalonians 4:11

And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you;

Isn't that a load off your shoulders?  You have made your reproductive choices (which included sabotaging your birth control, and tricking your spouse into conceiving another child so you wouldn't have to work anymore), but you don't have to make anymore!  That's actually between a couple.  

The fact that you sabotaged your birth control without your partners consent is the REAL problem, not other women choosing not to conceive. 

I also realize that the reference to pets is a jab at your daughter's dog.  I get it- you like to hurt people, and this is an easy way for you to do that.  It's not missed.  It's obvious.  It's vile.

You're like a silly child, seeing how often you can bring something up to get your point across.  You say the word "barren" far more than any normal human being would.  Again, we get it.  Message received. 

lies.PNG.da85d87d7cddd2b5032fadd38f2e5366.PNG

@Ken  She's being very dishonest, here.  JUST yesterday she had a man telling her readers that they should stay with abusive spouses.  YESTERDAY.  She deleted those comments, and is now pretending that it's outrageous to assert that anyone would ever teach any such thing.  She full well knows that's not true, unless she can't remember yesterday (in which case, she shouldn't be "teaching").

Why not be honest? Admit that there are some people who teach such things, and declare that she does NOT support those teachings.

But she doesn't- she refuses to answer the question, and tries to make her readers seem crazy.  Nice.

Here's a screen shot of the conversation. @
ViolaSebastian was kind enough to post it yesterday.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                1804799030_lies1.thumb.PNG.0798e5ecfa4bdf2b18e7e4205bb23766.PNG   1478155223_lies2.thumb.PNG.e7ce2f867061e14eb4f7dc1e630a9e0a.PNG

I like how she always quantifies it. She barely acknowledges that it's possible to abuse one's wife. But even then it's only physical abuse that she considers real.

Emotional abuse? Not really real. You are being too sensitive. 

Sexual abuse? Come on. A husband has a right to his wife's body. 

Physical abuse is quite real. I experienced it myself, in a severe form, as a child. But it is far from the only kind of abuse there is.

The way Lori treats her mother is identical to the way she treats all women. 

Apparently, Lori's decided that the conflict in her mother's 66-year marriage was all her mother's fault. All 66 years! And Lori, who was a child during much of this time, is able to know this for sure.

The only words she ever uses to describe her father are "good" "kind" "compassionate." But this controlling shrew of a mother still argued with him! And then was sorry at the end. Women, don't make the same mistake!

I'll admit I've been a whole lot nicer to my husband since he corrected his cranio-rectal inversion. Before hearing that loud popping noise, dealing with him was like dealing with an overgrown, sullen teenager. I'll admit I probably shouldn't have taken the bait but damn...talk about being pushed beyond the limits. Now, I'm not such a bitch...because he finally grew the fuck up and does adult things like taking responsibility for his actions and attitudes. He's not perfect, far from it, and there are still times I feel like I'm talking to a kid, but...

HOWEVER...I still didn't need to be "taught" to love him. I loved him then and love him now...probably why I put up with his bullshit for so long. We're 21 years into this relationship and planning on at least another 20. 

I didn't need to be "taught" to love my children...daughter and family will be here in 6 days. I swear the waiting is worse than being a kid waiting for Christmas!!! It's HORRIBLE! I do the mental math to calculate exactly how long it will be until their plane lands. We're at 6 days, 10 hours and 15 minutes until it lands. I can't stand it!! 

23 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I'll admit I've been a whole lot nicer to my husband since he corrected his cranio-rectal inversion. Before hearing that loud popping noise, dealing with him was like dealing with an overgrown, sullen teenager. I'll admit I probably shouldn't have taken the bait but damn...talk about being pushed beyond the limits. Now, I'm not such a bitch...because he finally grew the fuck up and does adult things like taking responsibility for his actions and attitudes. He's not perfect, far from it, and there are still times I feel like I'm talking to a kid, but...

HOWEVER...I still didn't need to be "taught" to love him. I loved him then and love him now...probably why I put up with his bullshit for so long. We're 21 years into this relationship and planning on at least another 20. 

I didn't need to be "taught" to love my children...daughter and family will be here in 6 days. I swear the waiting is worse than being a kid waiting for Christmas!!! It's HORRIBLE! I do the mental math to calculate exactly how long it will be until their plane lands. We're at 6 days, 10 hours and 15 minutes until it lands. I can't stand it!! 

For just one second, I thought--OMG, on top of all his other health issues, he had another one? And then I realised what you meant. :laughing-rolling:

But yeah, who the hell are all these women who need to be TAUGHT to love their husbands and children? If Lori is to be believed (ha!!!), there's an epidemic of young women who married their husbands without feeling even a shred of affection for them, and who when having children just handed them over to someone else to be raised--nanny, housekeeper, Grandma...

Well, besides Lori, that is.

9 minutes ago, Loveday said:

For just one second, I thought--OMG, on top of all his other health issues, he had another one? And then I realised what you meant. :laughing-rolling:

But yeah, who the hell are all these women who need to be TAUGHT to love their husbands and children? If Lori is to be believed (ha!!!), there's an epidemic of young women who married their husbands without feeling even a shred of affection for them, and who when having children just handed them over to someone else to be raised--nanny, housekeeper, Grandma...

Well, besides Lori, that is.

"cranio-rectal inversion" sounds a whole lot nicer than "get his fucking head out of his fucking ass".

Just because Lori doesn't love anyone but herself, she's under the impression that ALL WOMEN aren't capable of loving their husbands and children. And her opinion that a woman who works doesn't love her family is such bullshit. Why does she think I went to work? Because I LOVE my husband and children. I want nice things for them. I wanted the nice house, the dependable vehicles, the full pantry, the nice clothes. Yes, I wanted "things" for them, but I can damn sure tell you that it wasn't for "vacations". Now? It might be different...and yes we'll use the income for vacations and shit...we'll see. 

Right now, I want new furniture. I can easily save up for it. BUT...our housing situation is kinda weird, and I don't want to buy something for here when it's possible we won't be living here in a year (still have our fingers crossed on the house deal). So, unlike the women Lori portrays, I can wait. Big deal for me is going to be trying to pay off my new car. I fucking hate the payments...I mean...HATE them with a bloody blue passion, but the Mustang sent me into muscle spasms that were unbearable. So, ya gotta do what ya gotta do. And yes, I bought a really nice vehicle...but I didn't have to have a temper tantrum to get it. Geez...it was hub's idea to get it when I came home and just said "we need to trade in the Mustang, my back can't take it anymore"...we were gone in a minute. He was all like "let's go, where's the title to the Mustang?". I miss that car like crazy but...my back is a helluva lot happier. THAT was more important to my husband than car payments. 

Lori thinks of "love" as a transaction. Its just not that way

13 hours ago, Hisey said:

I like how she always quantifies it. She barely acknowledges that it's possible to abuse one's wife. But even then it's only physical abuse that she considers real.

Emotional abuse? Not really real. You are being too sensitive. 

Sexual abuse? Come on. A husband has a right to his wife's body. 

Physical abuse is quite real. I experienced it myself, in a severe form, as a child. But it is far from the only kind of abuse there is.

But...but...you weren’t the victim, Christ was, because of our sins![/sarcasm].

I prefer to regret beeing childless over regreting to have children. My somewhat maternal streak is happy enough to be a dog owner. With my anxiety I wouldn't be a good mother and I'm still single and I don't think that won't change in the near and likely in the distant future. So it's just my doggie and me. Seeing him happy and content makes me happy and content.

And here, as a balm to Lori's crazy, 2 pictures of my furbaby, before and after he went to the groomer thursday.

Spoiler

20181023_054918.thumb.jpg.ee6e7827a5df5154e3f04f6103073853.jpg

Spoiler

20181101_132104.thumb.jpg.e674dc02b5d3e563884d63a13abd5759.jpg

Uhhh... 

"...Movies when considered an art form or High expression of culture will only use the most beautiful women

This is not evil or bad…when the aliens come do you want humanity represented by a Young Nicole Kidman or Lena dunham..."

Someone questioned what the purpose of having unattractive women on "Sabrina" would be and this is the response from the woman who made the original comment.

Lori is keeping company with people who have "lost their minds". 

38 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

This is not evil or bad…when the aliens come do you want humanity represented by a Young Nicole Kidman or Lena dunham..."

It's more likely that humanity will be represented by Angela Merkel and other high ranking politians if Aliens vist us. And I don't think that Aliens will have Lori's opinion on female looks. Maybe we are to hairy or to bald, to tall or to short for their taste. And certantly much to stupid for an Alien race who mastered the art of space faring!

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Uhhh... 

"...Movies when considered an art form or High expression of culture will only use the most beautiful women

Someone questioned what the purpose of having unattractive women on "Sabrina" would be and this is the response from the woman who made the original comment.

Lori is keeping company with people who have "lost their minds". 

What are these peoples definition of beautiful? I mean I might not be a fan of Lena Dunham but she's not ugly by any means. Is everyday looking women not acceptable anymore? And since when would celebrities be repping us if aliens came to visit?

Young Nicole Kidman.  Where will the aliens find her here?  She's in her 40's and gorgeous. This woman is nuckin futz.  Mean, nasty, abusive piece of work that one. Beyond judgmental. Lori at any age would be zapped by these space aliens immediately,  I imagine.  And, aliens? Wtf is she babbling about.  Get a life Lori. Go make your husband a sandwich. 

Another thing. She doesn't let Ken hit it whenever.  Hasn't she stated to consenting to 5 mins in the morning only.  So, if Ken wants it right now, she'll stop what she's doing and give it? Yeah right. That guy commenting is scary.  Damn. I hope he's not married.  He's rapey.

I watch a lot of non-American TV shows, and one thing I noticed right away is how many utterly ordinary-looking people are not just acting but *starring* in them. I don't say that in a nasty or negative way: It's incredibly refreshing to see a detective, doctor or scientist on TV who actually LOOKS like a detective, doctor or scientist rather than a model or movie star. 

Now that I've been watching them a few years, I don't even think about it anymore -- until I switch back to some American show, where once again, everyone looks freaking gorgeous and no one is average or ordinary unless the storyline actually requires it. (And even then, it's usually a gorgeous person who's been "uglified" with makeup. 

31 minutes ago, polecat said:

I watch a lot of non-American TV shows, and one thing I noticed right away is how many utterly ordinary-looking people are not just acting but *starring* in them. I don't say that in a nasty or negative way: It's incredibly refreshing to see a detective, doctor or scientist on TV who actually LOOKS like a detective, doctor or scientist rather than a model or movie star. 

Now that I've been watching them a few years, I don't even think about it anymore -- until I switch back to some American show, where once again, everyone looks freaking gorgeous and no one is average or ordinary unless the storyline actually requires it. (And even then, it's usually a gorgeous person who's been "uglified" with makeup. 

We watch a lot of British tv shows that we find on Netflix.  I had not even thought of that, but you make a very good point.

@klein_roeschen, your furbaby (yes I do use that term at times) is adorable!

15 minutes ago, Briefly said:

We watch a lot of British tv shows that we find on Netflix.  I had not even thought of that, but you make a very good point.

@klein_roeschen, your furbaby (yes I do use that term at times) is adorable!

There are a lot of incredible Australian shows on Netflix, too -- Doctor Blake Mysteries, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Wentworth, Glitch ... And I watched a French miniseries that was quite good not long ago, but I can't remember the name of it. 

I think Samuel L. Jackson should be the representative for Earth, if we're choosing celebrities.   Because after he chats with them like he's repping Marcelus Wallace, he can come broadcast to the rest of us that we need to get these MF'n aliens off this MF'n Earth!  ?

8 minutes ago, polecat said:

There are a lot of incredible Australian shows on Netflix, too -- Doctor Blake Mysteries, Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, Wentworth, Glitch ... And I watched a French miniseries that was quite good not long ago, but I can't remember the name of it. 

I love Miss Fisher!  I tried to watch Doctor Blake but just couldn't get into it.  But I think I will give it another try.

@polecat, I’ve noticed the same thing about most non-American movies and TV shows.

In 2004, there was a Dennis Quaid movie called “In Good Company,” with Topher Grace and Scarlett Johansson. It took place at a business, and all the extras in the crowd scenes looked like average people—a marked contrast to the gorgeous-looking stars. I wondered whether someone had made an executive decision not to screen the extras for their looks.  The extras almost made the stars look fake by comparison.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived