IGNORED

Roberts Family: Fundie Hipsters but still Fundies

freethemall

On 11/13/2018 at 3:13 AM, VBOY9977 said:

I’m not a doctor so I’m curious... why is her other leg casted as well? 

That looks so uncomfortable. Poor baby

Because the femur connects into the hip joint, they'll want to keep the hips as stable as possible to avoid the twisting of the femur from the joint. It looks like they're trying to avoid surgery and putting pins in, which is a good decision for a kid her age as their bones and bodies are good at healing at that age and she still has a lot of growing to do. Pins, plates, rods, and screws can mess with that because it can disturb blood flow to the bone and joint and impede growth. Also, putting a child,or anyone really, under a general anesthetic that isn't totally necessary is a risk. It's a risk that gets especially compounded the more someone has to undergo one. You're better off avoiding it if trying something like the body cast first could help.

As for breaking toddler bones including the femur, my friend's son broke his femur with me being there to witness it. He also tripped on a rug on the floor where the corners were stuck to the floor with those sticky things. His femur fracture was due to the twisting of his leg as he fell because the corners didn't move from the ground. The doctors at the hospital didn't raise an eyelid when he came in and that was explained and watching it happen was one of those moments when your whole being CRINGES as it takes place. Kids are hypermobile so when a limb gets stuck somewhere and the rest of the body twists, it can lead to more severe spiral fractures (without child abuse being a factor).

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since there isn’t a Campana thread, I’ll just leave this here. Jeremiah Campana is so immature. He’s blowing up a feminist cartoon, waving a big ass flag and wearing a MAGA hat. All I can do is roll my eyes. His troll behavior is pathetic. 

3801DB55-F948-437B-A5F1-40A17423B86F.jpeg

I need a puke emoji to properly react to this bullshit.

Damn. These boys are still young, barely man or grown-ups by any means. And yet them and their attitude really scare me.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 5

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I need a puke emoji to properly react to this bullshit.

Damn. These boys are still young, barely man or grown-ups by any means. And yet them and their attitude really scare me.

It’s the fact that he’s young that makes this kind of behavior unsurprising to me. Teen boys like to troll. They are immature and like to rile people up without thinking of the consequences. When adult men in their 30s, 40s, and 50s do stuff like this, I’m disturbed. I’m not saying I’m not dusgusted with his pathetic display. I’m just not surprised. 

• Upvote 6

I agree with you to some extent. Teenage boys or young men (especially in groups) can be really douches and later on still somehow manage to grow into mature and responsible young men. What scares me most in this special case is the fact that they are raised in evangelical fundamentalism and that their parents and probably most of the adults and older men they interact with are okay with their view on women. They probably never will be held accountable for their beliefs and this kind of behavior.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

They are all incredibly immature. When the "kids" of the families are together, they play like children. They dress up and pretend to be fancy or cowboys or civil war soldiers or gun slingers. Look how Adeline talks (writes); it's baby talk and she thinks it's cute, or who knows what. It's what children do. John would post videos from the job site while working of them doing some of the stupidest things, thinking it's funny. The Campanas have always been about the guns and confederacy, and being immature brats in their arrogance.

It's as though they take pride in being little kids, totally programmed by mommy & daddy to be fundie clones. In your face ignorance combined with arrogance - among the most dangerous of combinations.

• Upvote 11

52 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They are all incredibly immature. When the "kids" of the families are together, they play like children. They dress up and pretend to be fancy or cowboys or civil war soldiers or gun slingers. Look how Adeline talks (writes); it's baby talk and she thinks it's cute, or who knows what. It's what children do. John would post videos from the job site while working of them doing some of the stupidest things, thinking it's funny. The Campanas have always been about the guns and confederacy, and being immature brats in their arrogance.

It's as though they take pride in being little kids, totally programmed by mommy & daddy to be fundie clones. In your face ignorance combined with arrogance - among the most dangerous of combinations.

I feel like they are so stunted by their parents that they are 10 years behind in maturity compared to mainstream young adults. I’ve seen it in a lot of fundies. And actually when fundies “get out,” I feel like some of them try and fit everything in that they missed out on in their teen years. And it can have some negative consequences. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I feel like they are so stunted by their parents that they are 10 years behind in maturity compared to mainstream young adults. I’ve seen it in a lot of fundies. And actually when fundies “get out,” I feel like some of them try and fit everything in that they missed out on in their teen years. And it can have some negative consequences. 

I agree , particularly with the bolded. I watched a documentary called "Unorthodox" about teens in the Orthodox Jewish community. It covered many, many topics specific to Jews, but much was transferable to any restrictive culture. 

Two women were talking of how many people who left the religious lifestyle they know who have over dosed on drugs. One woman said that at 23, she knows of 4 or 5 people. She posited that when you are raised in an environment that denies everything and says that even looking at someone of the opposite sex dooms you, you eventually figure what's the difference? If you're doomed to hell and being ostracized for not covering your hair or wearing the wrong clothes or looking at the Internet or talking to people of the opposite sex, it's not going to matter anymore if you do drugs or drink or have sex. 

It was much better stated in the documentary, with clearer context, than I can try to summarize here. But the gist was, and is, when everything is bad, there is no level of worse. If you're already condemned for watching Youtube videos, there are no further consequences if you also snort some coke. If you're already on god's bad side for wearing a tank top and shorts, having premarital sex isn't going to do anymore damage. If you're already viewed with less value because you listen to music, nothing more can happen if you buy a bottle of Jack and pound it down. 

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

I agree , particularly with the bolded. I watched a documentary called "Unorthodox" about teens in the Orthodox Jewish community. It covered many, many topics specific to Jews, but much was transferable to any restrictive culture. 

Two women were talking of how many people who left the religious lifestyle they know who have over dosed on drugs. One woman said that at 23, she knows of 4 or 5 people. She posited that when you are raised in an environment that denies everything and says that even looking at someone of the opposite sex dooms you, you eventually figure what's the difference? If you're doomed to hell and being ostracized for not covering your hair or wearing the wrong clothes or looking at the Internet or talking to people of the opposite sex, it's not going to matter anymore if you do drugs or drink or have sex. 

It was much better stated in the documentary, with clearer context, than I can try to summarize here. But the gist was, and is, when everything is bad, there is no level of worse. If you're already condemned for watching Youtube videos, there are no further consequences if you also snort some coke. If you're already on god's bad side for wearing a tank top and shorts, having premarital sex isn't going to do anymore damage. If you're already viewed with less value because you listen to music, nothing more can happen if you buy a bottle of Jack and pound it down. 

You’ll find the same in kids from strict Amish communities. So many drugs and alcohol. 

• Upvote 11

5 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You’ll find the same in kids from strict Amish communities. So many drugs and alcohol. 

I think it can be found in any culture that restricts and controls life and living. 

On a less damaging scale, two of my cousins were raised in a really strict environment. Not religious at all, just an obsessively controlling mom. The expectations of their lives were high from birth. They weren't in school sports, but they were in swimming through the country club. Very stuffy, high class, expectation filled, controlling existences. They were expected to get advanced degrees and be just like their mom's family. 

Both graduated from high school, moved out, didn't go to college, worked low paying jobs; one tattooed pretty much his entire body by the time he was 21 and was a total "metal head" while working at Taco Bell. He eventually began working on cars and moved up and around but he always had so many "girlfriends" no one could keep up with the revolving door. The other was a heavy pot smoker; probably more, given the way he lived and acted. He didn't have a job at all until he was in his mid-20's and an uncle got him into a friend's restaurant. 

Both spent about their first decade of freedom without focus, without any sense of responsibility and just passing by. 

Another decade later and Both are now business owners - the one who got the job in the restaurant went to culinary school and he now owns a restaurant (heavily invested in/started up by his father and 2 uncles, but he's doing it none the less). The other has a service garage of his own and is doing really well. 

Neither can keep a relationship and both still have pretty heavy social issues. But, at least they managed to find a focus and live productive lives. In direct and total opposition to how they were raised. 

• Upvote 10

So nothing has changed since the Campanas abandoned their blog (which mostly documented their anti-abortion rallies): they are still a bunch of idiots.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 9

On 11/19/2018 at 7:47 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since there isn’t a Campana thread, I’ll just leave this here. Jeremiah Campana is so immature. He’s blowing up a feminist cartoon, waving a big ass flag and wearing a MAGA hat. All I can do is roll my eyes. His troll behavior is pathetic. 

3801DB55-F948-437B-A5F1-40A17423B86F.jpeg

Congrats. You are just like those ebil Muslims across the world you say you despise. You are every bit as radicalized and as much of a warmongering propaganda spouting religious nut.

That said: I wish there was still reason for the Campana thread. Alyssa has my interest piqued regarding coming intermarriages.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Campbell posted an Insta story for Kennedy's birthday. Bunch of pictures of them together, mostly older. 

What stood out to me was the pretending to be pregnant thing - in many, many of the pictures. While Kennedy was pregnant, Campbell & others stuffed their shirts. Random shirt stuffing of her & friends (Campanas & Roberts, of course). 

It's all really freaking creepy to me. 

These people worship pregnancy like they claim to worship their god. 

Girls. Must. Make. The. Babies.

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Campbell posted an Insta story for Kennedy's birthday. Bunch of pictures of them together, mostly older. 

What stood out to me was the pretending to be pregnant thing - in many, many of the pictures. While Kennedy was pregnant, Campbell & others stuffed their shirts. Random shirt stuffing of her & friends (Campanas & Roberts, of course). 

It's all really freaking creepy to me. 

These people worship pregnancy like they claim to worship their god. 

Girls. Must. Make. The. Babies.

And they are all so young. All of those pictures were taken of them when they are basically 22 and under. When I was that age, I was in scrollers and the thought of being pregnant made me shudder. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

So I dug up the old blog....lots of Bates goodies in there. 

Pasco life

Hide contents

IMG_4601.JPG

IMG_1425.JPG.1aa426bb27c689819f01c6df75ebded6.JPG

They don’t seem to hang out as much as they used to. Probably because all the older Bates girls are married and don’t have time for it. 

• Upvote 2

I hadn't been aware of the fact that Christiana and Hunter Kendall (younger siblings to Lise Morton) also were in contact with the Bateses. Small, small fundieworld!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I hadn't been aware of the fact that Christiana and Hunter Kendall (younger siblings to Lise Morton) also were in contact with the Bateses. Small, small fundieworld!

It is a small fundie world. I often just assume all these fundies have “met” before but only some become good friends. If these fundies somehow haven’t met at a homeschool conference or a mutual friend’s wedding, they’ve heard of these other families. They at least all know of one another.

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2018 at 10:46 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Currently watching two girls from my former fundie church self destruct because of this. Breaks my heart.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 4
  • Love 2

Norma was asked if she would have more kids and she said “I would love to have more kids but my hands are full right now.” Of course who knows what she means since fundies can be misleading. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Norma posted a video of Willa walking. She said the cast has been off for ten days and it’s the first time she’s walking. Poor little girl. Toddlers are always so active. It must’ve been so hard for her to be that cast for so long. She was walking very carefully in the video.

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Norma posted a video of Willa walking. She said the cast has been off for ten days and it’s the first time she’s walking. Poor little girl. Toddlers are always so active. It must’ve been so hard for her to be that cast for so long. She was walking very carefully in the video.

One of the kids that I babysit was in an accident a few months ago and also had to wear a cast. She was walking like Willa does in the video when the cast was off. It took her little time to gain back her strength and coordination and now she walks and runs and jumps like nothing ever happened. Kids are incredible when it comes to things like this and Willa will be back at her old mobility level quite fast. 

Edited by ophelia
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can pretty much guarantee you that little girl is not part of the ‘pro-life generation’. Unless the fascist takeover of the United States ends up being successful, I seriously doubt Gen Z is going to want to make abortion illegal. Sorry fundies. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

They are disgusting. I'm sorry to say that in such a bland way, but the Camapana's fight against legal abortions and women's rights just makes me want to puke. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4