IGNORED

Roberts Family: Fundie Hipsters but still Fundies

freethemall

It stinks that no one has posted about this wedding on instagram yet (publicly I mean). I would like to see some pictures. They must be busy all day with wedding stuff. 

• Upvote 2

the wedding party is super interesting - so many campanas! also lolz that kennedy is best friend AND sister in law, but katie is just sister in law. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Carlin has some pics in her stories as well.

ETA: that dress/ floral combo seems like a much more well-executed version of Josie Bates' wedding look. 

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

26 minutes ago, caitrona said:

Her dress is GORGEOUS.  I wonder if they got married at the Morton compound?

It is one of very few fundie wedding dresses I really like. Mostly, I just don't like wedding dresses in general and fundies usually manage to make them worse with their modesty rules & alterations. Campbell's is elegant, well fitting & suits her. 

They got married at the Roberts' farm in Thomasville, not the Morton compound. They will be living on the Morton compound, though.

• Upvote 5

58 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

not the Morton compound.

Suddenly I feel like a failure for raising my kids in a house not on a compound.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

3 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:
4 hours ago, picklepizzas said:
Alert alert alert Alyssa posted a pic of Campbell 
C9504DAE-82A0-4AF9-88FA-D02793DB3476.thumb.png.834e8eac113feb517b335f7b38ab4f00.png

Morton dad is not looking healthy. Is he fairly old for the age of his kids?

Wouldn't that be her dad?

• Upvote 3

She looks STUNNING. Love her dress and bouquet.

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

the wedding party is super interesting - so many campanas! also lolz that kennedy is best friend AND sister in law, but katie is just sister in law. 

Where are you seeing this?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, sleepy_doggos said:

ETA I meant Roberts dad, thanks@hernameisbuffy

The people search sites say he's 54 (as is Conley aka the Roberts mom, so she had her youngest at 46 or 47!). In the video in Carlin's story it looks either like he has a limp or is walking very carefully.

Willa and Thea?  I wonder whether they're fans of Arrow. (Thea Queen is played by Willa Holland.)

• Upvote 1

Daisy posted images of them dancing the whip and nae nae at the reception. I don't blame Carlin and Alyssa for skipping the Duggar wedding for this one, looks way more fun. I wonder if they partook in the sinful dancing.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

I wondered the exact same thing! Looks like only Alyssa and Carlin attended or did I miss footage of Josie and other Bates kids?

17 minutes ago, freethemall said:

Daisy posted images of them dancing the whip and nae nae at the reception. I don't blame Carlin and Alyssa for skipping the Duggar wedding for this one, looks way more fun. I wonder if they partook in the sinful dancing.

I feel like it would be such a hard choice. A Duggar wedding is filled to the brim with all your friends. Sure there are some friends at Campbell’s wedding, but not as many. 

• Upvote 3

And I did notice her father’s limp. I’m hoping he’s healthy and it’s not something more serious. 
Hopefully just a passing injury.
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Carlin has some pics in her stories as well.

ETA: that dress/ floral combo seems like a much more well-executed version of Josie Bates' wedding look. 

Agreed, it's actually crazy how similar the tops of the dresses are, as well as the bouquets and the whole outdoor wedding thing! 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Agreed, it's actually crazy how similar the tops of the dresses are, as well as the bouquets and the whole outdoor wedding thing! 

Looks like similar color palettes too, based on Norma's newest pictures and what looks like the bridesmaid dresses. She's wearing burgundy but I think I spotted a neutral strapless dress in one of the dancing videos that could be a bridesmaid. Maybe different color for the MOH. Looks like burgundy and rose gold or taupe again but done better than Josie's.

I'm LOVING Campbell's dress, looks blush and a lot like Jessa's skirt but with an illusion neckline.

Screenshot_20181104-105409.png

Screenshot_20181104-105443.png

• Upvote 5

I agree with what most people are saying, that is a beautiful dress.  She looks like she picked a dress that fits and also fits her body.  Very nice.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, freethemall said:

Am I remembering correctly that back in days of the Morton blog, the family would only allow the carefully choreographed Virginia reels & such?  *shaking my head*  That's a LONG way from current-ish hip white people nae nae's & whips.  Too bad their beliefs haven't evolved along with.

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, caitrona said:

Too bad their beliefs haven't evolved along with.

Yeah, they are changing the wrong things.  A family without hateful beliefs and non-oppressive lifestyle which just happened to only do weird old timey dances would be quirky and kinda charming. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5