IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

8 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I always hope for boys for these families. With three girls up front, they'll be doing a great deal of sister-momming eventually. 

This sounds terrible but I think three girls first may have been better for Zoo and PP because Zoo is passing her babies off to young girls. The sister momming will happen regardless in these big fundie families. So at least they might not be forced to sister mom until they are a little older. I always feel sorry for the oldest girl in big fundie families with lots of boys. You know a lot of childcare rests on her shoulders.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Somehow I expected her to have another girl. On the due date. I also wonder if she was induced except that there was no mention of a countdown to baby in the past week on the various accounts.  

Norah, Victoria, and Audrey. I'll give Alyssa credit for names that sound nice together. I wonder what the middle name is? She used her Grandmother's (Rose) and Mother's (Marie) for the other two. Maybe Jeanine for her MIL? Or Alyssa for herself?

Maybe not that last one. Audrey Alyssa is a mouthful.

Before I update the list, does anyone know about who were due in November?

• Molly (Valenti) Jones, due 18 November 2018
  • Elisha (Wahlquist) Ehlinger. due about November 2018
  • Cecily (Bradrick) Barnes, due 29 November 2018

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Before I update the list, does anyone know about who were due in November?

• Molly (Valenti) Jones, due 18 November 2018
  • Elisha (Wahlquist) Ehlinger. due about November 2018
  • Cecily (Bradrick) Barnes, due 29 November 2018

I haven't seen anything about Elisha or Cecily. Cecily's Facebook has a comment "congratulations on the baby!" but it's a few months old. Elisha's public IG says she has two children but doesn't show any info, and her private one says she has only Adele, but she hasn't accepted me. No news from any other family members. Might have to wait for another blog post or for them to visit siblings who blog more often. I don't follow the Valentis.

Paul and Christina Caldwell had their baby. Anna Duggar posted this picture and you can see them on the left. I can’t tell if it’s a boy or a girl but I’m leaning towards boy since the baby the baby doesn’t look like they have a head band and a pink outfit like lots of fundie baby girls 

C0825805-51ED-45B9-9B68-937960B9A5CA.jpeg

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Norah, Victoria, and Audrey. I'll give Alyssa credit for names that sound nice together.

Yeah, I don't know about that - especially if Victoria ends up going by Tori. Then you've got Norah, Tori and Audrey - three names that are going to sound basically the same yelled from the other side of the house. 

I have no idea why parents pick rhyming names or other names that are so similar, it's up there with the Joseph/Josiah/Josie combination for the Duggars. 

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

Elisha (Wahlquist) Ehlinger. due about November 2018

On her IG, Elisha said she's mother of Adele and Brooke...... Girl or boy?? When?? No clue...

3 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah, I don't know about that - especially if Victoria ends up going by Tori. Then you've got Norah, Tori and Audrey - three names that are going to sound basically the same yelled from the other side of the house. 

I have no idea why parents pick rhyming names or other names that are so similar, it's up there with the Joseph/Josiah/Josie combination for the Duggars. 

Eh, I think they're sufficiently different, even if Victoria ends up going by Tori. They start and end with different sounds, and that's the main thing.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Eh, I think they're sufficiently different, even if Victoria ends up going by Tori. They start and end with different sounds, and that's the main thing.

And I think they call Victoria "ViVi" when they do use a nickname, judging by Alyssa's IG and the comments from family friends on there. But it seems fairly 50/50 as to when they use Victoria and Vivi.

Norah, Victoria, and Audrey sound good together and I like all three names. The only thing that bothers me is that I wish Norah was a nickname and her full name was Eleanor. Eleanor, Victoria and Audrey looks more complete to me as Norah seems much less formal than Victoria and Audrey, even though I do love the name Norah.

3 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

On her IG, Elisha said she's mother of Adele and Brooke...... Girl or boy?? When?? No clue...

Brooke is a hard one. I used to think people only named girls Brooke and boys Brooks. But I’ve run into some switched up in adulthood so now I never know if Brooke or Brooks are male or female. 

Faith and Elijah Meggs finally have a name for their baby. Isabel Pearl. It’s been days since she was born at home in their not completely finished house. 

ETA: she was born November 28th and she just announced the name. That took awhile!

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Brooke is a hard one. I used to think people only named girls Brooke and boys Brooks. But I’ve run into some switched up in adulthood so now I never know if Brooke or Brooks are male or female. 

There was an MLB player named Brook Fordyce(IIRC, that was his middle name).

Edit:  his middle name is Alexander.

Are all those people in that picture Duggars????  I haven't been keeping up with them all that well, but that is a humongous crowd.

8 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

Are all those people in that picture Duggars????  I haven't been keeping up with them all that well, but that is a humongous crowd.

No, they aren’t all Duggars. 

8 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Statistically, Brooke with an 'e' is female for the vast majority of people with that name. Brook without the 'e' is a little more mixed being almost exclusively male until 1973 when it suddenly became used for girls too, about 12 years after the beginning of Brooke for females starting its sudden and fast rise in the United States. So it likely appealed as maybe a little "different" for parents who liked Brooke but didn't like how quickly it was rising and wanted to do something a little different. 

In 2017, Brooke was used 1609 times for female babies in the United States. Brooklyn for females was far more common at 5168. Brooklynn had 1410, and Brookelynn had 74, Brookelyn had 46, there were 41 babies named Brookelynne, 34 named Brooklin, 17 named Brooks, 13 named Brooklen, 12 Brooklinns and Brooklynes, 9 named Brookley, 7 named Brooklee, and 6 named Brookleigh. Brook for a female was only used 57 times in 2017. 

Meanwhile, on registered male babies, Brooks was used 1921 times in 2017. Brooklyn was used 71 times for boys. Brook was used 14 times. Brookston was used for 10 little boys last year. Brooke was used for 7 boys.

So I think it's mostly safe to assume that the spelling Brooke is a female, whereas who knows for Brook without an 'e'.

Source: SSA Data for 2017. 

Alyssa Morton just posted that Audrey’s middle name is Kress, named after Kressant. Kind of a weird turn after her other girls’ middle names (Rose and Marie). 

Audrey Kress - that is an odd choice. I think Audrey Belle would have been nicer, if she was wanting to honor Kressant (Belle is Kressant's middle name). 

7 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Audrey Kress - that is an odd choice. I think Audrey Belle would have been nicer, if she was wanting to honor Kressant (Belle is Kressant's middle name). 

Her middle name is Amanda

463B2A7F-B06F-46CE-BF9C-16BE13534F6C.jpeg

Audrey Amanda has a nice ring to it. Although I also like Audrey Belle. 

Her daughters have really beautiful names.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that she has 3 under 2. How does she do it? 

37 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Her middle name is Amanda

463B2A7F-B06F-46CE-BF9C-16BE13534F6C.jpeg

Thanks! I wonder where I got Belle from. 

Audrey Amanda would have been nicer, too. 

If they keep having a new baby each December this will going to be a crazy busy month. Add the holidays and it sounds more than stressful to me!

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived