IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

16 minutes ago, RidiculousFundies said:

It's scary that fundies like this either don't care about the risks or are ignorant to the risks. 

It might a little bit of both. 

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RidiculousFundies said:

My first was an emergency c-section (may 2012) and the second was also c-section (Oct 2013) and I got a bit of flak from my doctor saying they were a bit close together, and that was 17 months. It's scary that fundies like this either don't care about the risks or are ignorant to the risks. 

I believe it’s recommended that you wait 18 months before you conceive again after a c section. Jill Dillard conceived when Israel was 18 months. I think she did that on purpose. And I think her next will be conceived when Sam is 18 months. Which is next month.

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she did that on purpose.

If she was not conceiving on purpose then they are controlling their pregnancies which is wonderful for her health.

I almost wonder how much Cathy's influence comes into play if this is the case - she didn't marry into a mega family so there is some seriously contrasting views on the whole leaving it up to God thing.

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

If she was not conceiving on purpose then they are controlling their pregnancies which is wonderful for her health.

I almost wonder how much Cathy's influence comes into play if this is the case - she didn't marry into a mega family so there is some seriously contrasting views on the whole leaving it up to God thing.

It’s just a suspicion of mine since Jill basically got pregnant on her honeymoon so I think she’s probably fertile like her mother. And it seems like more than a coincidence that she got pregnant exactly when doctors say it’s best after a c section. 

I very much hope that Derick and Jill are spacing their kids on purpose. I know some have speculated that they won't have any more, but that wasn't the way Derick was talking after Sam's birth at all. I think they'll have more if they can. It'll be interesting to see if we get an announcement within the next 3-6 months or so.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe it’s recommended that you wait 18 months before you conceive again after a c section. Jill Dillard conceived when Israel was 18 months. I think she did that on purpose. And I think her next will be conceived when Sam is 18 months. Which is next month.

18 months is if she had a traditional (horizontal) incision and her scar site is thick enough.  If she had an emergency section with Sam (which would be a vertical incision) or if he was wedged funny (which could mean a J incision), then 24 months is the minimum time they recommend waiting, and that's only if the scar sites look sturdy enough (via ultrasound) to support the growing uterus.  My first was transverse (sideways) and necessitated a J-incision.  That put me out of the running for a VBAC, and my subsequent 3 were all sections and I needed multiple u/s to check how my scar(s) were healing & positioned.

I hope Sam's birth was as normal as possible, but if not I really really hope she'll take some damn medical advice for once and wait longer before going to #3. 

Alyssa Morton really was born to breed. Looks like she got her periods back in no time after the births of her babies, and got pregnant again pretty much immediately while probably breasfeeding. Maybe they are trying to replace all those "murdered babies" her family cares so much about...

As for Sam being a father of almost three at just under 22 years is quite a thought, too. He reminds me of Taylor Tsantles, who was seventeen when he first got his wife pregnant. Knowing the history of the Mortons, they obviously see no problem in breeding constantly even without proper housing or enough food at the table, so for Sam this all must be very familiar and not concerning at all. God will provide, after all! 

5 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Looks like she got her periods back in no time

I agree with you but I doubt she had even one normal period. I suspect she got pregnant the first time she ovulated after giving birth. 

I'd be surprised to learn Alyssa Morton was breastfeeding.

How many preemies has Bethany had? Do I remember correctly that one of hers was very early?

I didn't mean to put the spoiler box in and I'm not certain how to get it out!

2 hours ago, Mudgie said:

What makes you think that? Asking just out of curiosity, because I don't follow them closely enough.

5 hours ago, Mudgie said:

How many preemies has Bethany had? Do I remember correctly that one of hers was very early?

I didn't mean to put the spoiler box in and I'm not certain how to get it out!

I have down that Lewis was born at 28 weeks, August 2012. With Lynnora she had preterm labor and was on bed rest but mangaged to make it to term for a fall 2013 birth. With Caleb she had everything locked down so I'm not aware of any details. 

I’m annoyed that she has 3 L names and then Caleb ? the littlest shit bothers me sometimes. 

It looks like Bethany’s next baby will be a girl (according to a FB gender reveal) and if she gives her an L name I might die ;)

On 11/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, caitrona said:

18 months is if she had a traditional (horizontal) incision and her scar site is thick enough.  If she had an emergency section with Sam (which would be a vertical incision) or if he was wedged funny (which could mean a J incision), then 24 months is the minimum time they recommend waiting, and that's only if the scar sites look sturdy enough (via ultrasound) to support the growing uterus.  My first was transverse (sideways) and necessitated a J-incision.  That put me out of the running for a VBAC, and my subsequent 3 were all sections and I needed multiple u/s to check how my scar(s) were healing & positioned.

I hope Sam's birth was as normal as possible, but if not I really really hope she'll take some damn medical advice for once and wait longer before going to #3. 

An emergency c-section rarely means a vertical incision. Any unplanned c-section is technically considered “emergency”. 

I have had multiple c-sections and never had ultrasounds to check on my scar. Though I have had ample healing time and done very well which could play a part in that. Another friend with multiple sections has had incision u/s. 

I think many doctors nowadays are suggesting a wait time of two years before the next pregnancy. 

23 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

What makes you think that? Asking just out of curiosity, because I don't follow them closely enough.

It is unlikely that a woman who is exclusively breastfeeding an infant could become pregnant that quickly after birth. Not impossible, but unlikely. By exclusively breastfeeding I mean only breastmilk and feeding the infant on demand. It can happen but it is rare. Fertility increases and returns as the months go on but given she has now conceived twice almost immediately postpartum it seems likely that she doesn't exclusively breastfeed her infants.

I say this, not as an expert, but some as someone who has quite extensive knowledge on lactation and infant feeding having worked in public health in the breastfeeding sector for several years before I had my own kids.

I don’t blame anyone for using formula. It’s the best choice for some moms. Breast is not always best. It’s possible Alyssa had trouble nursing the first and went to formula. Then went straight to formula for the second. If I had a third, I would do formula as well. I didn’t enjoy breastfeeding at all. And weaning was awful. So it’s totally possible a fundie formula feeds by choice. More power to her. I’m sure there’s a lot of pressure to BF in the fundie community. She should do what she thinks is best for her and the baby. 

49 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t blame anyone for using formula. It’s the best choice for some moms. Breast is not always best. It’s possible Alyssa had trouble nursing the first and went to formula. Then went straight to formula for the second. If I had a third, I would do formula as well. I didn’t enjoy breastfeeding at all. And weaning was awful. So it’s totally possible a fundie formula feeds by choice. More power to her. I’m sure there’s a lot of pressure to BF in the fundie community. She should do what she thinks is best for her and the baby. 

I don't believe I insinuated any blame or judgement or opinions, I was just sharing knowledge that I learned in my career.

it would be interesting to learn what pressures seem to be prevalent in the fundie community when it comes to feeding and things of that nature. 

6 minutes ago, Mudgie said:

I don't believe I insinuated any blame or judgement or opinions, I was just sharing knowledge that I learned in my career.

it would be interesting to learn what pressures seem to be prevalent in the fundie community when it comes to feeding and things of that nature. 

Sorry if it came across that way. I should have been more general sounding in my response. I think the fundie community is likely judgmental about formula feeding. Not you. 

Cecily (Bradrick) and Brett Barnes are expecting #1 on November 29th. https://registry.thebump.com/cecily-barnes-brett-barnes-november-2018/29265297

Johnny and Brittany (Alexander) Ingalls are expecting #1 on February 12, 2019. https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/johnnyandbrittany-ingalls-february-2019-bryceville/IDATSYGQ102V  She's Tayte Alexander's sister and they had a very awkward-looking no-touch courtship story: http://thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/his-good-and-perfect-gift-johnny-and.html

11 minutes ago, albireo said:

Cecily (Bradrick) and Brett Barnes are expecting #1 on November 29th. https://registry.thebump.com/cecily-barnes-brett-barnes-november-2018/29265297

Johnny and Brittany (Alexander) Ingalls are expecting #1 on February 12, 2019. https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/johnnyandbrittany-ingalls-february-2019-bryceville/IDATSYGQ102V  She's Tayte Alexander's sister and they had a very awkward-looking no-touch courtship story: http://thesethalexanderfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2017/10/his-good-and-perfect-gift-johnny-and.html

I remember them well. Brittany’s dress was too big. I hope she liked it that way because it’s her taste and not because of some ridiculous modesty standard. But I bet it’s about modesty.

You know what’s crazy about Johnny and Brittany’s baby registry? They registered for tons of boy and girl clothing. Because they know they will have a bunch of kids and probably at least one of each sex. Crazy. 

Is Alyssa Morton as tiny as she looks, or is her husband a very tall, fairly large young man?   She is adorable, but looks miniature almost.

4 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

Is Alyssa Morton as tiny as she looks, or is her husband a very tall, fairly large young man?   She is adorable, but looks miniature almost.

Yes, that's is Alyssa. The Morton boys all have a type - petite and dark haired fundie maidens. 

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

Yes, that's is Alyssa. The Morton boys all have a type - petite and dark haired fundie maidens. 

You would think they would have gone after a Bates girl by now. The petite brunettes are mostly taken now but I guess Katie could dye her hair! 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived