IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

1 hour ago, Vinieartemis said:

Dakota Paine is already pregnant again ? She gave birth in March 2018

Yeah but they have been married a LONG time. Not sure if they wanted to wait or had trouble. They might not be as fundie as Erin and Chad.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Yeah but they have been married a LONG time. Not sure if they wanted to wait or had trouble. They might not be as fundie as Erin and Chad.

It makes me think they dealt with infertility at first and now they have no problems getting pregnant. Kind of like Melanie Maxwell. They didn’t have their first until 4 years into the marriage and now she’s pregnant with #7 (#6 living). Doctors can’t explain it but sometimes it happens. It happened with me as well. 

2 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

Not a fan of the name Axton, especially with Maxwell. The Ax Max sound back to back just isn’t pleasant. But, far better than Heistheway or something like that. If I met an Axton I wouldn’t love his name, but also wouldn’t be internally rolling my eyes. 

I’m glad she did go to the hospital when needed. I very much value a woman’s experience in giving birth as important-not all women envision the same birth and that’s totally valid-but ultimately a healthy baby is the goal and I’m happy they had the sense to realize her original plan of a home birth was no longer safe.

I do wonder why that seems to be a fundie trend though, having a baby at home. My fundie-ish cousin had a home birth, and I know many more well known fundies have as well. I’m not a fan of hospitals, but if I give birth, I’ll be doing it in one. I’m young and reasonably healthy, but that’s not a guarantee of a birth without complications, and should any occur, I want optimal medical care available for both of us!

Chelsy has Mennonite family so that might be part of it. Her sisters in law both had their babies in birthing centers. I don’t believe they were ever planning a homebirth. And their mother (ma Bowers) had hospital births for her last births. I’m unsure about Ma Bontrager. But I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she had some homebirths. 

Not a fan of the name Axton. I really hope they call him AJ. It would be a HUGE improvement. Although I like the fact that they probably shocked Steve and Teri with this unique name.

I keep thinking of the folksinger Hoyt Axton when I see the name.  Is Axton better than Hoyt as a first name?  

8 minutes ago, albireo said:

Too bad she got scammed into wanting Norwex washcloths.

Her mother & sister have pushed the Norwex scam, too.

Re: the swaddle cloths on the registry. Those are expensive and it's hard to see why someone would pay that much.

In our family, the mom of a recent arrival went to JoAnn Fabrics, bought a bunch of cotton flannel & cotton muslin squares (many of them from remnant rolls), and then hemmed the edges. Voilà -- a huge supply of swaddle cloths/blankets for maybe a dollar or so a piece. Not to mention how fricking cute they are -- dinosaurs, spaceships, and lots of motifs that you don't see on swaddles like those on their registry.

Axton Maxwell is a mouthful. I'm actually a fan of consonance when used well in names but that sounds grating and I hope the kid doesn't have a speech impediment because the x followed by a consonant right after can be hard for kids to say.

I'm guessing he's named for John Axton maybe? He was the first Chief of Chaplains in the US Army and a Chaplain during WW1 and he definitely saw battle in WW1 although a chaplain. I don't know what his specific Christian beliefs were or anything like that though. I only know the name because my Papa was a WW1 and WW2 buff and he had close to a photographic memory almost for things that interested him and he especially liked trivia about people who served in capacities that were not necessarily combat positions but ended up playing courageous roles in certain battles. As he always said to me, it's maybe not as impressive these days as every person serving in the military goes through some form of basic training before their specialized job but back when it was less structured and when there was conscription, that was less common.

The Australian WW1 story of Simpson and his Donkey started my Papa's niche interest in that sort of thing even though he was interested in all things World Wars. 

I didn't remember specifically what John Axton did or where I knew the name from- but a quick Google definitely made me feel sure I'd heard it from him before but I haven't clicked any links. My memory is good but not en par with my Papa's ;)  

I'm going to do some reading to see if there is anything about John Axton that would be appealing to fundies although I'm not well versed in Maxhell. 

So I'm going to list some notable things about John Axton that might appeal to fundies and maybe y'all can let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here or if it would appeal to the Maxwell family at all:

I don't have time to keep deep diving but Axton John sounded familiar to me because of that guy ?‍♀️

It's definitely possible that Chelsy heard about John Axton at some point during her family's travels, or just in her own research/interest, but according to the Maxhell blog post for the birth, they "just liked" the name. I suspect this is an extension of the surge of Braxton/Paxton/etc (and similar names) that have cropped up in recent years. I sincerely doubt that the Maxwells would have missed an opportunity to tie the name to something even remotely religious if John and Chelsy had based the name on a known Christian person.

I figure John and Chelsy started spitting some sounds at each other, and "Axton" won. The middle name is obviously an homage to John himself, and probably was decided long before the gender was known. I guess that the first girl will have either Chelsy as a middle name, or Renee.

Virginia (Keckler) Shedd is expecting another girl, in May 2019, perhaps an Irish twin to Gwendolyn...

And also in Kecler family, Tammy Keckler is expecting her 5th..... maybe in early spring, according New Year's pics...

virginiak.blogspot.com/

For memory, Keckler family had 4 grand-children in 2018 and 4 grand-children in 2017....

Abbie (misformama) had her baby boy. She hasn’t given details. I’m thinking she had him earlier today but he could have been born before midnight. So I’m not positive of the birthdate. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Zoo will be 9 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Which means she’s due early September. Ugh. #11

Oh NOOOOOOO, when did she announce? I did not follow her any more, I can't stand her ramblings

Just now, hollyandivy said:

Oh NOOOOOOO, when did she announce? I did not follow her any more, I can't stand her ramblings

Only today. Her oldest will be getting married soon after so she will have one kid in and one kid out from now on. 

10 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

Abbie posted the name: Shiloh Christian

Isn’t that the school Jim Bob Duggar attended? ?

Did we talk about Lance and Megan Seppi having a fourth, a little boy? I was trying to figure out if Victor married Cassie Zimmerman and stumbled upon the post and couldn't remember. 

7 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

Did we talk about Lance and Megan Seppi having a fourth, a little boy? I was trying to figure out if Victor married Cassie Zimmerman and stumbled upon the post and couldn't remember. 

No, I don’t have that on the list, we must have missed it. Do you have any idea on the name or birthday?

8 hours ago, Bethella said:

No, I don’t have that on the list, we must have missed it. Do you have any idea on the name or birthday?

No name, or exact date. Picture was from the middle of January and the congrats were that time as well. Seppi blog is behind a bit.

21 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

What are their other children called?

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

What are their other children called?

Jackson (almost 4 yo), Nadia (almost 3 yo) and Forrest (almost 2 yo)

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived