IGNORED

There's always womb for one more! Upcoming Babies 12

Bethella

I never heard of Karissa Collins before but oh lordy, those names! Sisters Anjalie and Ayngel must rival Joy-Anna and Johanna, right?

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many beautiful, biblical boy (and girl) names out there, but this whole J-theme just really screwed some of them - looking at you, Jinger! 

Although Courtney really tops everything with her children's names.

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

There are so many beautiful, biblical boy (and girl) names out there, but this whole J-theme just really screwed some of them - looking at you, Jinger! 

Although Courtney really tops everything with her children's names.

The thing that annoys me- besides parents compromising what they actually like as a name for a theme- is that they don't even get super interesting with it or varied. I guess they get interesting in a bad way with Jinger but they could have got more adventurous with their names. They have 3 Jos- kids and 5 Jo- kids but no Ju- names (besides Jubilee) when I know Jim Bob liked Julie for a long time. I prefer Julia myself but at least Julie wouldn't have sounded like the others. I would have liked to have seen Job used. I know it's another Jo- name but it sounds different enough. The following aren't all names I personally like, but just would have given some diversity in sounds and at least don't belong to other religions or are Biblical: Jacob (it always surprised me that they didn't use this given the popularity and I would have even overlooked my normal name-nerd annoyance of having a James and Jacob in the same family in this case ? ), Jared (also surprised they didn't use this), Joel, Jolie, Joni, Javan, Jasmine, no Jean- names, no Jeff- names like Jeffrey or Jefferson, Jair, Jairus, Jehiel, Judah or Judith or Jude, Jubal, Jael, Jacinta, Jasper, Jarvis, Julian, Jade, Jahleel, Jahzeel, Juliet, Jamin, Jock, June, Juniper, Jaron, Jarrett... 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:59 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Or Josie.

Josie can be short for Josephine or Johannah, and they've already got a Johannah (and a Joy Anna, which sounds like Johannah). Why not Julia, Josephine, Juliette, Jenna, Jamie, Judith, Joyce, or Jane? Jasmine, Jayne, Janine, or Jody? Hell, make something up like Jenibob or Jezipithi. Is Jerusalem a boy or girl name? I would have used that before repeating names. But I also am only a parent to a bird, cat, and many neglected Sims. 

I LOVE the name Josephine, but Josiah - Joseph AND Josephine would also be a little too similar in my opinion. Not that the Duggars care though...

I always wondered why they “repeated” so early with Joseph and Josiah; they were born in succession and were only the third and fourth boys. 

1 hour ago, catlady said:

I always wondered why they “repeated” so early with Joseph and Josiah; they were born in succession and were only the third and fourth boys. 

I think they like Jo names and don’t care how close they are. Joseph, Josiah, Johanna, and Josie all start with the Jo sound and could all be nicknamed Jo. But there only seems to be one Joe and that’s Joseph. They got around the confusion by calling Josiah “Si” and Johanna “Hannie.” Josie is always Josie. I’ve never heard a nickname for her. Besides their “miracle.” 

But I will say that although Jedidiah and Jeremiah have similar names, they could have been even closer. I’m glad they didn’t decide to go with Jedidiah and Jebidiah ?

Sarah Baker (Bakers to Alaska) had #11 on January 10th, and as of today he has a name: Liam Ezekiel.

She also has Jason II (born ?), Andrew (born ?), Christa (Sept 5 2008), Anna (Oct 6 2009), Emi (Jan ~25 2011), Charlotte (Jan 14 2012, may have had a twin who didn't make it), SarahBeth Kathryn (Mar ~15 2013), Vivian Amelia (Nov 17 2014), Evangeline (May 8 2016), and Gabriel Louis (May 5 2017). They were married in 2005.

Liam is a great name. I knew a super cute kitty named Liam Neeson :pb_lol:

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Chad Paine's brother Thomas and his wife Dakota have a 9 month old girl and Dakota is pregnant with #2, which means the kids will be 14 months apart. 

Rampant Speculation Based on a Grainy Photo for $500:

Norma Gilligan has a few pics up of Edgar and Rachel's shower this weekend. She posted a pic of "the sisterhood" that includes an odd shot of Campbell standing behind Daisy. Campbell is either arching her back in a really unnecessary and awkward fashion, or she's got a visibly rounded abdomen for other reasons.

1 hour ago, SHERA said:

I don't know if it has been mentioned, but Chad Paine's brother Thomas and his wife Dakota have a 9 month old girl and Dakota is pregnant with #2, which means the kids will be 14 months apart. 

Yeah, she’s been on the list for a while, due in May.

13 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Per Guinn Seewald, Jessa's baby is due in June.

It’s funny because Courtney Rogers is due in early June and we’ve known about her pregnancy for months. She posted before the pee stick even dried. Plus Courtney is showing much more and couldn’t have tried to hide it like Jessa. But Courtney is also on #10 so I imagine anyone who is on #10 is going to show early. 

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s funny because Courtney Rogers is due in early June and we’ve known about her pregnancy for months. She posted before the pee stick even dried. Plus Courtney is showing much more and couldn’t have tried to hide it like Jessa. But Courtney is also on #10 so I imagine anyone who is on #10 is going to show early. 

especially with a new set of #irishtwins. 

She makes the place where my uterus used to be ache. 

Ellie who runs duggarfamilyblog and batesfamilyblog had a baby boy. She hasn't shared the name and might never given that we only know her husband as "Mr. Handsome". The baby is cute but it seems like she had a difficult labor. Her blog is nashvillewife.com.

39 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Ellie who runs duggarfamilyblog and batesfamilyblog had a baby boy. She hasn't shared the name and might never given that we only know her husband as "Mr. Handsome". The baby is cute but it seems like she had a difficult labor. Her blog is nashvillewife.com.

I'd never read Ellie's personal blog before, and I just took a peak. I'm impressed, mainly because I'm naturally comparing her to the Duggars. Compared to them, she seems intelligent, curious, and thoughtful, and is a skilled writer. Her blog post about visiting Quebec City was well-written, interesting and engaging. I know that she's a conservative Christian and obviously a big supporter of the Duggars, but I hope she has not gotten sucked into IBLP or fundamentalism in general.

59 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

I'd never read Ellie's personal blog before, and I just took a peak. I'm impressed, mainly because I'm naturally comparing her to the Duggars. Compared to them, she seems intelligent, curious, and thoughtful, and is a skilled writer. Her blog post about visiting Quebec City was well-written, interesting and engaging. I know that she's a conservative Christian and obviously a big supporter of the Duggars, but I hope she has not gotten sucked into IBLP or fundamentalism in general.

I am shocked by how beautiful she is! I guess I just imagined anyone who fan girls the shit out of the Duggars for years would not be beautiful. I guess I pictured her as some mousy, big haired, frumper wearing fundie fan. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I’ve followed Ellie for a long time, and don’t think she was raised with IBLP.  She was homeschooled for part of high school, by her own choice, and graduated from a real university (I don’t remember which one) with a degree in journalism.  As into the Duggars as she is, I don’t think she emulates them, though she has been a stay at home wife since she married, and will continue to stay home now that she’s a mom.  Her husband is a dentist, so he was allowed, maybe even encouraged, to pursue higher education.

I like that she is willing to post comments that are critical of the Duggar and Bates families, as well as comments that are critical of her.  I don’t think she is terrified of the great big world, though she does approach it as a conservative Christian.  I’ve never seen her post anything I thought was hateful or bigoted, and she seems like a sweet young woman.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived