• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
HerNameIsBuffy

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

MayMay1123
19 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Gwen - your daughter is dying before your eyes.  You remember very clearly when Karen Carpenter died.  Remember that horrible picture on the front page of People magazine?  Now take a good long look at your daughter.  Not a lot of difference, hey?  

PS - In case you forgot the haunting image of Karen Carpenter:  https://goo.gl/images/SFNqGi

gwen's daughter looks a *lot* worse than that pic of karen, imo

Depressed
formergothardite

Merry Christmas FJ folks! I hope everyone who celebrates enjoys their day. I got all the stressful parts of the holiday over with yesterday and plan to not get out of pajamas today. I still wake up early on Christmas. I might go pester my kids to wake up and open presents in a bit. 

Anyway, Gwen has blessed us with a devotional that manages to be awful and lack all self-awareness this Christmas. 

Whom, or what, have you come to worship on this day? Do you adore the praise of family members or other people? Then you have missed the mark. Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator. Do you adore material possessions and money? Then you will be greedy and alone. But…do you behold and adore Christ? Then you will be FULFILLED. You will become like Christ at heart, serving and worshiping the Father. Just as the men in Matthew 2 saw His star in the east and traveled a distance to worship Him, we should look for His signs, seek to be near Him, and worship Him above all things. Psalm 34:5 tells us, “Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” So come…let us worship Him!

The early Christians understood how wonderful the grace of God was that He allowed all who repented and turned toward Him, believing in Him as the one true God and Jesus as the Son of God, to become children of God – even the Gentiles. These Christians were so appropriately humbled that they met together daily to encourage one another. Do the same today – devote your heart to Christ and God, not the food, people, or things around you. Encourage one another. Enjoy your fellowship with glad and sincere hearts and radiant faces, filled with praise and true worship!

Well, Gwen this might be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I can see you dying greedy and alone when one day your kids and grandchildren realize what an awful control freak you are and how their value to you went up and down based on their weight. If they got too skinny or too plump you cut them out of pictures because they would mess up your "brand". 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

thoughtful

Ozlsn
16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator.

Thst is simultaneously one of the weirdest and funniest things I've read. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

RFsurvivor
On 12/21/2018 at 6:30 AM, formergothardite said:

Today's devotional is a word salad about your soul being a terminal connected to the mainframe that I guess is supposed to be God. Or love? For someone who has written a bunch of books she is really shitty at writing and conveying her thoughts in a clear, concise manner. 

As someone who HAD to consume her writings for almost a decade, it is so entertaining to hear outsiders confirm that her writing is difficult to follow. I also had to re-read what she wrote because it was not clear. It feels like she is rambling and rambling. I think her writing has actually gotten worse over time. 

Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
7 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

As someone who HAD to consume her writings for almost a decade, it is so entertaining to hear outsiders confirm that her writing is difficult to follow. I also had to re-read what she wrote because it was not clear. It feels like she is rambling and rambling. I think her writing has actually gotten worse over time. 

Jesus gave her money, power, and made her thin...which would she give up for the gift of coherency?

ignore me ... I’m feeling sorry for myself and annoyed that someone like her is so rewarded for harming others while I have to pay the price for my bad life choices.

either everyone should get temporal punishment or no one ... I’d have put that shit in the Bible if the Book of Buffy if I’d have been asked to contribute.

i need wine.  Someone drink with me.

Spent
Destiny
2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

i need wine.  Someone drink with me.

Y u no text me? I would happily have drank wine with you!

CTRLZero

Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator.

Is becoming like a refrigerator a bad thing or a good thing?  Saith the refrigerator:  My exterior is covered with all manner of useful and endearing items attached thereto with adorable magnets.  Open my door and the [gospel] light turns on.  If I am especially holy, ice cubes issue forth and are pleasing to unaffiliated missionaries as far away as sub-Saharan Africa.

Given the profound nature of her latest devotional I can see why followers joyfully tithe to hear the word of Gwen.  I'd be satisfied with only 5% to describe people as kitchen appliances if any of them want to save a few bucks:

I beheld the food that was before me, and became like a microwave and reheateth the yummy goodness that was leftover Christmas dinner.

Depressed
formergothardite
8 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

As someone who HAD to consume her writings for almost a decade, it is so entertaining to hear outsiders confirm that her writing is difficult to follow

No it isn't just you! She is a shit writer! She had to have at least had a good editor when she first got started  to get people to buy her initial books. Now it just seems like her cult followers will buy whatever drivel she puts out. 

Again, today's devotional lacks all self awareness. For a woman who dumped one husband to rush into a relationship with another she has a lot of nerve judging people whose relationships don't last. It is like she really expects everyone to forget her first marriage happened. As for relationships not lasting, didn't someone say that a lot of the founding members of her church have ended their relationship with Gwen and RF? Gwen, might want to look in the mirror, here.  And criticizing domineering people?! Gwen won't let brides have the weddings they want! Gwen truly views herself as a humble person who is on the level of God. 

This Christmas, did you give gifts to people you are close to? How did you build those relationships? Just giving a gift at Christmas does not do it. The true gift of heartfelt LOVE is what builds relationships, and to offer this to others, you must start with a relationship with God FIRST! How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling. If people are not really close to you, well, guess what…there is usually a reason. Are you always domineering, going your own way? Quite frankly, it is impossible to have a relationship with someone like that. Humility builds relationships; stubbornness blocks them. Do you want people to care for you? Then follow the lead, go with the Spirit. Do not dominate conversation or the direction of your time together. Have a quiet listening spirit, and you will really get to know others. And above all, make sure you have this quiet, humble, serving spirit with God FIRST! Build your relationship with God by finding out – and doing – what He truly wants you to do, not just what you think He might want! Examine THIS relationship first and foremost, and the rest will follow!

Meh
smittykins

Gwen(AKA “Pot”), you have a call from Kettle on line 2...

ETA:  I’m now “Ministering to Heathen Cats.” :pb_lol:

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
23 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Gwen(AKA “Pot”), you have a call from Kettle on line 2...

ETA:  I’m now “Ministering to Heathen Cats.” :pb_lol:

I've got 2 adorable heathen felines asleep on my bed.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

How many relationships have you run through in your life? This is telling. If people are not really close to you, well, guess what…there is usually a reason.

wouldn't have thought it possible, but she's ignited some self hate I didn't need.

or maybe I do.  she triggers self loathing in me that has never happened with the rest of these charlatans.

I'm not saying she's right, she's not.  she's evil.  but she can tap into certain kinds of emotional struggles in a very diabolical way.  she's a very dangerous woman.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

Wine time!
Spanger

Aww, Buffy, hugs.  Gwen is horrible, and her Christmas statement is heinous.  There are so many reasons why someone might not be surrounded by loved ones at Christmas (or any other time of year).  And most of those reasons are not a reflection on the person who is alone.  Even in the event a lonely person is alone by their own doing- maybe have a little compassion for them instead of a sanctimonious speech?  She is awful, don’t let her into your head.

Unimpressed
seattlechic
Spoiler

Holy hell girlfriend, put a trigger warning on this shit!!! GAG!

Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
25 minutes ago, seattlechic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Holy hell girlfriend, put a trigger warning on this shit!!! GAG!

on what ?  your spoiler tag is empty.

Unimpressed
seattlechic
7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

on what ?  your spoiler tag is empty.

Oh boo... I am such a noob. It was the pic of Gwen and her man. 

thoughtful
32 minutes ago, seattlechic said:

It was the pic of Gwen and her man

I apologize for leaving that out in the open where anyone could see it. I am picturing people looking back at Tarzan with the same deer in the headlights look as him.

:pb_eek: :pb_eek:

Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
26 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I apologize for leaving that out in the open where anyone could see it. I am picturing people looking back at Tarzan with the same deer in the headlights look as him.

:pb_eek: :pb_eek:

I’d find some sympathy for him if he didn’t stay with her after knowing she put his own minor daughter under surveillance by tapping her calls to her mom.

he sold his soul for money, seems to me, hope it was worth it. 

Depressed
formergothardite
4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

.  but she can tap into certain kinds of emotional struggles in a very diabolical way.  she's a very dangerous woman.

I'm so sorry! Don't let Gwen get to you. 

Gwen may currently be surrounded by people, but I doubt most of them actually like her and that includes her husband. 

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

he sold his soul for money, seems to me, hope it was worth it. 

In the long run it never is. He might have thought at first that he could keep Gwen from controlling his life, but by now he knows she has her claws in everything and won't let go unless she tires of him. 

Satisfied
HerNameIsBuffy
Just now, formergothardite said:

I'm so sorry! Don't let Gwen get to you. 

I'm okay :) 

I debated posting that but I thought people should be aware of how she targets.  I'm not of her belief system, and not particularly vulnerable but can momentarily let it in my head because of my own struggles.

she just sucks.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4