IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

9 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I'm sorry people are so dismissive. I know when I host or close friends/family of the host, I push people to eat when all the food is ready and if someone says "I'm not hungry" or any other excuse not to eat, I say something like "are you sure?" and they confirm and then I say something like - "Well if you change your mind, the foods out. Grab a plate whenever"

I would never mistake the good intentions of my hostess for rudeness and I think your approach is fine. Personally I've found that sometimes guests can be a little shy about filling their plate and need a little nudge to feel comfortable helping themselves, especially if they're new to the group.

It's only triggering for me when people make comments about weight (I'm fairly thin) or tell me I'm being picky, or just won't take no for an answer. 

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's devotional is about love and how your heart can grow like the Grinch's heart! Also, don't love the things of the world unless you are Gwen and then it is perfectly fine to make a glutton of yourself with worldly things. But everyone else needs to give up those worldly things, they are only for special people like Gwen. She obviously didn't write any of that, I'm just reading between the lines since she tells people to not love worldly things yet seems to feel like her life needs to be spent in worldly luxury. 

Look at what Mark 12 reveals: Jesus commands us to love, so we must have the capacity to love. Indeed, we have all had an entire heart of love this entire time. You do not have to go thru some journey to find it—it has been right there in your heart all along. Therefore, the question is not how do you get it, but rather how do you direct your God-given love. If you direct your love to something on Earth, you will throw away your love. But if you direct your love towards God, you will keep it in your heart and it will actually grow. If your love is towards idols, you will be dying because life will not return to you. It is a clear command all summed up in the Royal Law…that is life

What is the Royal Law she speaks of? I don't remember that in the bible. 

I was looking for that "royal law" and found this interesting. Especially the last line. 

On pages 171 and 172 of Rise Above, this self-exalted perspective is made quite evident:

God has led me through many experiences since those early days that have helped me to learn about the heart of man and the heart of God. I had already experienced being a child under authority of parents, a wife under the authority of a husband, and employee under the authority of employers, and a student under the authority of teachers - and as those of you who have pursued higher education know, you sometimes have to submit to some pretty strange characters. On the other hand, I had also experienced being a mother who had authority over her children, and being an instructor who had authority over college students. With Weigh Down, God gave me a new experience over coordinators of classes and authority over adults at work. .. My heart goes out to God and there have been several times that I have wept with Him over how painful it must be to supervise this wild group of people who have varying levels of devotion down here on earth. .. God wants us to understand why He is in authority and to become accustomed to lines of authority. He is testing us to see if we can recognize His genius behind this setup and to see if we can joyfully get with the program. Truly submitting means that you are a team player, you think the Coach is great, and even if the assignment seems unusual, you obey it.

Truly submitting means that you are a team player, you think the Coach is great, and even if the assignment seems unusual, you obey it.

Truly submitting means that you are a team player, you think the Coach is great, and even if the assignment seems unusual, you obey it.

http://www.spiritwatch.org/remnantcultism.htm

That is a dangerous statement used by evil to commit evil.  I have been a team player and I never played on a team where someone asked me not to use my brain and just follow mindlessly. And I have the right at anytime to quit the team if it involves doing horrible things for a Coach that sucks. This is her basically directing her followers to do whatever it takes because she thinks she is a great Coach. 

11 hours ago, SJWaterford said:

With Weigh Down, God gave me a new experience over coordinators of classes and authority over adults at work. .. My heart goes out to God and there have been several times that I have wept with Him over how painful it must be to supervise this wild group of people who have varying levels of devotion down here on earth. .. God wants us to understand why He is in authority and to become accustomed to lines of authority. 

That’s such a strange way for her to word things. Her “heart goes out to God”? Does He really need Gwen’s sympathy? Does she really think having a leadership role in a company is comparable to being the Creator of the universe?

Doesn't Gwen have personal security to protect her from the crowds?

Jesus was popular and surrounded by crowds of people everywhere, and instead of recoiling or distancing himself, he behaved quite the opposite. If Jesus lived today, you would not see him traveling in protective vehicles with a security squad. Knowing that he was led by God and represented the will and behavior of The Father…note that Jesus embraced the crowd and its needs. But Jesus did not see just the crowds, he addressed the individual. Jesus started the day in prayer and then prayed as he healed the sick. He was calling upon The Compassionate Father to look down on this one poor, destitute person, and Jesus knew that God would tenderly heal the needy.
Compassion is first extended at home, then to the brethren and then to the poor. Giving and extending what we have to the poor is God’s delight. “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.” Proverbs 19:17 Christ spent time with the rich and the poor, the educated and the uneducated, for the poor in spirit are in all walks of life.

This seems to imply that the "brethren"(RF folks) aren't going to be poor. 

12 hours ago, mhainlen said:

Her “heart goes out to God”? Does He really need Gwen’s sympathy? Does she really think having a leadership role in a company is comparable to being the Creator of the universe?

She truly views herself as being on the level of God. 

12 hours ago, mhainlen said:

Does she really think having a leadership role in a company is comparable to being the Creator of the universe?

Cult leaders usually have very grandiose opinions of themselves. Gwen Shamblin is a piece of work.

Today's devotional is a word salad about your soul being a terminal connected to the mainframe that I guess is supposed to be God. Or love? For someone who has written a bunch of books she is really shitty at writing and conveying her thoughts in a clear, concise manner. 

There is faith in God and there is hope for God, but I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that the greatest pursuit of all things, the superior way, the most excellent way—not for praise of man, not heart-less, philanthropic deeds done nor “deeds” inspired by satan—but the most excellent way is True Love with good words and deeds inspired by God with the right motives, which is love for God and His Kingdom of Love. True Love will never fail. Why? This is actually not complicated but rather His proof text that Love is the greatest of all pursuits on Earth and here is why: faith and hope are needed on Earth, but when you get to Heaven—faith and hope are things that are no longer needed since you see God face to face—the invisible is visible, no hoping, because you have arrived and you can touch and see for yourself. What is left? It is Love—Love is the one thing that you will be using in Heaven. It is the only thing you will need to take with you. You are not saved by faith alone; faith helps you to True Love. With faith (your mind) alone, you would have missed the heart of the matter of the purpose of the Creator with creation. You would have gained nothing on this one time passing thru this Earth. You would have accomplished nothing because the only terminals (spirits) that survive are those connected to the Mainframe Computer, and the only way to connect is to build Love with God; Love is the only connecting device.

Gwen's daughter appears to be absent from all the pictures, something I find worrisome. The last picture they had of her, which they removed when we discussed it, Elizabeth looked so scary thin. Her husband and children are pictured at this event, but she is not even in the group photo with her husband.

I wish I could believe it is because they are getting her help, but I think it is more likely that they don't want public evidence of how thin and unhealthy she looks.

I hope that they are getting her help, but Gwenidiot doesn't see her daughter as having a problem. Elizabeth looks to me like she's starving to death, literally.  But if nobody sees that she is unhealthy or has a problem, then it will not be addressed.

Gwen isn't even trying with today's devotional! 

The Psalms are filled with beautiful praises to the Lord Almighty! Join with me and all of those who seek God wholeheartedly and live only to walk in the footsteps of Jesus Christ, who lived out “Not my will but Yours be done!” (Luke 22:42) Rejoice in the Lord and Praise Him today!

11 hours ago, Briefly said:

I hope that they are getting her help, but Gwenidiot doesn't see her daughter as having a problem. Elizabeth looks to me like she's starving to death, literally.  But if nobody sees that she is unhealthy or has a problem, then it will not be addressed.

In Gwen's latest video, which I still haven't watched all of, she says that getting hungry to the point of feeling like you have an ulcer or hunger to the point of feeling sick is just what the Growl can be. So if you get to that point just take the tiniest sip of something and the tiniest bite of food.

Gwen could never admit that Elizabeth is suffering from an eating disorder because eating disorder is what Gwen teaches. Luckily it seems most don't take her teachings to the extreme, but Elizabeth had this mindset pushed on her since she was a child and it is very worrisome for all the children in the church who are growing up thinking what Gwen teaches is not just normal, but the only godly way to live. 

You won't find any pictures of Michael either, since he's going through another one of his pudgy phases.  Does it never occur to anyone that stays how dishonest the editing through shots and glossing over reality is? If they really have found the holy life, what's to hide??

Hey, Gwen!

So glad you have decided to take our advice regarding makeup. You look so much better when your face and neck colors match!

I mean, you are still reminiscent of a reanimated corpse with the lack of thought process that entails, but you look better.

Sincerely,

Pandora

p.s. -- now about C-Grantham's fussy little suits . . .

2 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Hey, Gwen!

So glad you have decided to take our advice regarding makeup. You look so much better when your face and neck colors match!

I mean, you are still reminiscent of a reanimated corpse with the lack of thought process that entails, but you look better.

Sincerely,

Pandora

She does look better. Unfortunately, it's just lipstick on a pig. My apologies to pigs.

4 hours ago, Pandora Spocks said:

Hey, Gwen!

Sincerely,

Pandora

I'm thinking that FJ has become a thorn in Gwen's bony ass. @formergotharditebrings in the devotionals and bam!, their entire tone changes. We discuss Elizabeth's health and lo and behold she's conspicuously absent now. Her make-up is raked over the coals and Gwen buys a blending brush. The one thing she refuses to change is that god awful rats nest perched on her head. It is her literal hill to die on. For someone who thinks that she's god's chosen mouthpiece she sure does seem care what the secular world thinks of her.

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I'm thinking that FJ has become a thorn in Gwen's bony ass.

I do believe we are. :laughing-jumpingpurple: She can't make us go away, she can't stop members and potential members from finding and reading these threads and her minions failed bigly when they showed up to defend her. All they did was cement the idea that she runs a cult. 

Gwen seems to be a control freak and I'm guessing her inability to control FJ is driving her crazy. 

I hope Michael has some good father/son bonding time with all the time on his hands now. 

So if Gwen has to approve every decision from wedding, to what house you purchase, ect, does she also have input on what you name your children? 

Another super short devotional from Gwen. 

We love You, O Great God who has been so perfect in longsuffering and so humble in Your dealings with arrogant man! Forgive our foolish ways and make our paths straight for You — with only Your leading in mind. Praise you, God!

I pray that ALL of us today will set our minds on humbling ourselves before this Great God and giving our heart, mind, soul, and strength to acquiring understanding on the life of Christ, so that we may imitate His perfect heart for the Father!

Gwen, might want to work on the bolded part. A person who controls to the point that they even dictate wedding colors isn't exactly living a humble life. 

I really hope FJ goes beyond a thorn iN Gwen’s tiny ass:  

Gwen - your daughter is dying before your eyes.  You remember very clearly when Karen Carpenter died.  Remember that horrible picture on the front page of People magazine?  Now take a good long look at your daughter.  Not a lot of difference, hey?  

There is nothing wrong with not eating when your hungry and be cognizant of when your hungry but you are driving the hunger trail off the rails with your “growl” theories.  

Wake up Gwen before your daughter Michelle aka Elizabeth is no longer walking the planet and your granddaughters no longer have their Mama.  

PS - In case you forgot the haunting image of Karen Carpenter:  https://goo.gl/images/SFNqGi

Happy Christmas Eve! Gwen has provided us with a word salad which is probably bigger than the actual salad claims to eat. 

Do you see? An inexpressible and glorious joy comes from a true relationship with the one true GOD in this one true Kingdom – this relationship is your treasure! Praise God that you have this relationship and are harvesting the fruit of love and joy and peace and patience and goodness and self-control. Shelter this relationship, and then praise God that He provides YOU with a shelter for your salvation, the very goal of your faith. Read Psalm 91 today to see how God is the perfect shelter. Praise Him that you are finding your way out of the tunnels of darkness and the distractions of self and selfish desires…and instead are seeking only humility and righteousness. Shout for joy today over this treasure!

As for the bolded, people not familiar with Gwen wouldn't realize that she only seems to mean this in reference to eating. Eating appears to be the only selfish desire she views as being a sin. Being selfish in every other aspect of life seems to be okay with Gwen. 

19 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

Gwen - your daughter is dying before your eyes.  You remember very clearly when Karen Carpenter died.  Remember that horrible picture on the front page of People magazine?  Now take a good long look at your daughter.  Not a lot of difference, hey?  

PS - In case you forgot the haunting image of Karen Carpenter:  https://goo.gl/images/SFNqGi

gwen's daughter looks a *lot* worse than that pic of karen, imo

Merry Christmas FJ folks! I hope everyone who celebrates enjoys their day. I got all the stressful parts of the holiday over with yesterday and plan to not get out of pajamas today. I still wake up early on Christmas. I might go pester my kids to wake up and open presents in a bit. 

Anyway, Gwen has blessed us with a devotional that manages to be awful and lack all self-awareness this Christmas. 

Whom, or what, have you come to worship on this day? Do you adore the praise of family members or other people? Then you have missed the mark. Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator. Do you adore material possessions and money? Then you will be greedy and alone. But…do you behold and adore Christ? Then you will be FULFILLED. You will become like Christ at heart, serving and worshiping the Father. Just as the men in Matthew 2 saw His star in the east and traveled a distance to worship Him, we should look for His signs, seek to be near Him, and worship Him above all things. Psalm 34:5 tells us, “Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame.” So come…let us worship Him!

The early Christians understood how wonderful the grace of God was that He allowed all who repented and turned toward Him, believing in Him as the one true God and Jesus as the Son of God, to become children of God – even the Gentiles. These Christians were so appropriately humbled that they met together daily to encourage one another. Do the same today – devote your heart to Christ and God, not the food, people, or things around you. Encourage one another. Enjoy your fellowship with glad and sincere hearts and radiant faces, filled with praise and true worship!

Well, Gwen this might be a self-fulfilling prophecy. I can see you dying greedy and alone when one day your kids and grandchildren realize what an awful control freak you are and how their value to you went up and down based on their weight. If they got too skinny or too plump you cut them out of pictures because they would mess up your "brand". 

16 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Do you behold the food that is before you? Then you will become like a refrigerator.

Thst is simultaneously one of the weirdest and funniest things I've read. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived