IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 4: Lick the Fork

HerNameIsBuffy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

@formergothardite thank you for the daily dose of reminding me why I left that crazytown. 

I have read a hell of a lot of devotionals in my lifetime and Gwen's have to be the worst. She writes awful devotionals. She is devoid of all creativity and pretty much just repeats the same things over and over and over. Be thin, worship Gwen. I could review these devotionals for the next year and I bet Gwen would just keep repeating herself over and over with no new thoughts. 

Teeheehee Farting Preacher. Dad introduced us to it after a friend showed him. 

The video we saw:

John Oliver’s Televangelists section involves him (Oliver) getting into correspondence with Tilton (or Stilton, as autocorrect tried to write :pb_lol:).

Tilton remains THE most batshit crazy televangelist I have ever seen.  "Heaven's bakery is cookin' somethin' up for you!"  

Today's devotional is about how Gwen is better than you. She quotes a verse from Job.

I share Job’s feelings in the verse from the book bearing his name because I too treasure the words of God’s mouth more than my daily bread. I do not have a one-way relationship with the Father. I have a two-way conversation, even though I do not hear a voice audibly. To hear His voice, I stay in the Word! I have several identical Bibles that I like to use. The only time I panic is when I think I have left my Bible at home after setting out on a trip. God’s guidance is everything to me, and I want to know what He thinks. He keeps my foot from stumbling, He gives me wisdom for which direction to turn, and He protects me from the enemy. I have to have His Word, and I love His laws because they are always right! Do you have a question about a principle? The answer is in God’s Word.

But does she love God more than she loves her worldly possessions? 

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Tilton (or Stilton, as autocorrect tried to write)

Well, he is pretty cheesy.

Gwen did a FB live video where she answered questions. She kept adjusting her hair and she has a really weird wave. She was asked how to tell when you are full her advice is to get super duper hungry then get a bag of chips, eat three chips, but between eating those chips you drink diet soda. She says you will find that fills you up. That is some god awful weight loss advice right there. When asked about how to cook for others when you are struggling with eating she just says don't. Tell you kids and husband to cook the food and you stay out of the kitchen and perhaps fast. 

On 11/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, RFfree said:

Amen...ALL OF THIS!! ?

My oldest son was killed on a motorcycle this year, aloof comments like these infuriate me. How can you effectively minister to people while wearing those rosy colored glasses and blinders?

I am very sorry for your loss! @RFfree

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Gwen did a FB live video where she answered questions. She kept adjusting her hair and she has a really weird wave. She was asked how to tell when you are full her advice is to get super duper hungry then get a bag of chips, eat three chips, but between eating those chips you drink diet soda. She says you will find that fills you up. That is some god awful weight loss advice right there. When asked about how to cook for others when you are struggling with eating she just says don't. Tell you kids and husband to cook the food and you stay out of the kitchen and perhaps fast. 

So now I'm super confused. I thought I was supposed to be subservient and put others before myself?? Or is that only when food isn't involved?? I wish I'd watched the live, I'm LoLing at just the thought of her saying tell the hubby to cook his own dang dinner ??

8 hours ago, Jenn43 said:

I am very sorry for your loss! @RFfree

Thank you. I was having a few moments that day ?‍♀️

Shades of the Alexanders--Ken fixes his own meals(that the kids begged for)while Lori has her Big Salads ™️.

Well we are mid-day where I am and no daily devotional yet. Most daily devotionals write them in advance and have them post automatically. Since Gwen is obviously changing what she writes based on what is said here and posting them at all times of the day I guess she writes them each day. Is she eventually going to give up on daily devotionals? 

I mean... what's she got to write about that wouldn't make her raging hypocrisy apparent? 

"I know, I'll write about depriving myself for God... oh wait, they figured out that I only do that in some ways and am massively greedy in others...

"Maybe fashion? Appearances are so important! But... nobody outside my lil circle appreciates my style...

"FAMILY! That's got to be the winner! The importance of, um, staying faithful... and together... and... and you know what, screw it, no daily devotional today. I need a drink.*" 

*Diet Coke, natch.

Well she has finally produced the daily devotional and it sounds like the ravings of a mad person. I don't even know what the hell she is going on about. 

The picture of God’s Earth and His purpose is very different from the world as created and ruled by satan and his dark forces. Here, all focus is on God and the needs of the fellow man, because each person is so connected to and taken care of by the Creator. Those connected to God can be very gracious and giving. The swords are beaten into plowshares as each man is no longer on the defensive, because man is now sharing their bounteous crops with their fellow man. You know when you have found the Remnant of Jerusalem because of the love and respect and care for each member. Isaiah foresaw such a Kingdom of Love…

I'm guessing she is trying to say that RF shares with each other? Maybe as way to justify her vast quantities of stuff? Who knows. 

Jesus’ teaching can seem unobtainable and disconcerting, even unnerving. Will your needs be taken care of? Who is going to save you if you give all you have to others? How are we going to get ahead if we do not beat our competition, but rather help our competition? Once you put down your loaded guns and beat the spears and swords into plows and help your brother, it will transform your life because you will be taken care of more than ever…

Gwen is hardly giving all she has away. And beating down any sign of disagreement seems to be her thing. No sign when her followers showed up here that they were willing to beat their swords into plows and help others. 

I think without the growl she doesn't have anything to actually say. 

You know when you have found the Remnant of Jerusalem because of the love and respect and care for each member.

I wondered where the name of her cult came from.   How did the Remnant of Jerusalem come to exist in a fairly exclusive neighborhood in Brentwood, TN?  Are the members of her cult de facto shareholders of her wealth (I assume they contribute 10% of their income, correct)?  Is that what she means by sharing?  Or is it just items from the consignment store as they get ready for their next production wedding?

My larger question is how this cult maintains tax-exempt status.  If everything is geared towards the holy growl, and learning to listen for the growl is aided by purchasing into Gwen's product...

2 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

o listen for the growl is aided by purchasing into Gwen's product...

One of her long time followers wrote something on FB about how Gwen selflessly writes books. No she doesn't. She makes money. Gwen doesn't appear to be giving her books away. 

Spoiler

The picture of God’s Earth and His purpose is very different from the world as created and ruled by satan and his dark forces. Here, all focus is on God and the needs of the fellow man, because each person is so connected to and taken care of by the Creator. Those connected to God can be very gracious and giving. The swords are beaten into plowshares as each man is no longer on the defensive, because man is now sharing their bounteous crops with their fellow man. You know when you have found the Remnant of Jerusalem because of the love and respect and care for each member. Isaiah foresaw such a Kingdom of Love…

To the bolded bits, they read like thinly veiled paranoia to me. You're either with Gwen (and god) or you're against her and with satan. Of course, that's always the message but I think it has more to do with Gwen having trouble focusing on spreading the gospel of the growl and instead doing her version of damage control. Between the messy divorce, quickie remarriage, and the FJ debacle, I think Gwen is feeling attacked and out of sorts.

On 12/5/2018 at 2:37 PM, formergothardite said:

So was this whole FB live thing directed at women then? Are women the only ones concerned about their weight? What if the husband struggles with eating too? Then what? You tell the kids to cook their own food? Whats so scary is that this is a woman with a very young stepdaughter and she is saying drink diet soda between eating 3 chips. What about an apple, some grapes or a banana or a cheesestick. I seriously hope they aren't starving her over there and stunting her growth. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Well she has finally produced the daily devotional and it sounds like the ravings of a mad person. I don't even know what the hell she is going on about. 

I'm guessing she is trying to say that RF shares with each other? Maybe as way to justify her vast quantities of stuff? Who knows. 

Gwen is hardly giving all she has away. And beating down any sign of disagreement seems to be her thing. No sign when her followers showed up here that they were willing to beat their swords into plows and help others. 

I think without the growl she doesn't have anything to actually say. 

Supposedly what she gives tho is that she leads the church for no salary. However all of her followers purchase per books and stuff which is how she makes her money. So she can say that she gives tremendously but its kind of twisted. Not a straight out lie but only half of the facts. 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

One of her long time followers wrote something on FB about how Gwen selflessly writes books. No she doesn't. She makes money. Gwen doesn't appear to be giving her books away. 

And her workbooks ask for very personal info that I don't think is ok. Like family medical histories and income and stuff like that. Her followers gladly purchase her books to stay in her favor. It's quite the con job. 

1 minute ago, SJWaterford said:

What about an apple, some grapes or a banana or a cheesestick. I seriously hope they aren't starving her over there and stunting her growth. 

She did seem to occasionally mention that advice was for men too, but her main focus seemed to be women. When I first heard about the whole lick the chip thing I figured people had to be exaggerating, that no one could start a weight loss empire and give out such ridiculous advice. But now? After reading more of her work she has a weird obsession with potato chips and diet drinks. To wait till you are extremely hungry and then only eat three potato chips along with a diet drink sounds like advice to encourage an eating disorder. 

I'm getting the impression that she doesn't actually eat that much healthy food and instead exists on diet drinks and tiny bits of junk food. She was asked to say something about processed foods and she came very close to saying that if we opened her fridge we would only see processed foods, but she caught herself and instead said that if we opened her fridge and took food out that is a process and the food is now processed food so eat what you want because everything is a processed food. 

12 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

She did seem to occasionally mention that advice was for men too, but her main focus seemed to be women. When I first heard about the whole lick the chip thing I figured people had to be exaggerating, that no one could start a weight loss empire and give out such ridiculous advice. But now? After reading more of her work she has a weird obsession with potato chips and diet drinks. To wait till you are extremely hungry and then only eat three potato chips along with a diet drink sounds like advice to encourage an eating disorder. 

I'm getting the impression that she doesn't actually eat that much healthy food and instead exists on diet drinks and tiny bits of junk food. She was asked to say something about processed foods and she came very close to saying that if we opened her fridge we would only see processed foods, but she caught herself and instead said that if we opened her fridge and took food out that is a process and the food is now processed food so eat what you want because everything is a processed food. 

Is FB live video saved? Does someone have it and can post it?

The video was on her page. 

38 minutes ago, SJWaterford said:

Like family medical histories and income and stuff like that.

Why would a weight loss journal need income? I wonder if anyone has ever asked. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder about her health. She’s in her 60s and I bet she gets very few nutrients from food. It’s crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if she or one of her followers got scurvy! 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder about her health. She’s in her 60s and I bet she gets very few nutrients from food. It’s crazy but I wouldn’t be surprised if she or one of her followers got scurvy! 

Maybe she takes vitamin supplements? Not that those are good enough, but it's better than nothing. 

Today's devotional is up early! It is the same stuff she has said in the past. Don't make food an idol, focus on God, blah, blah, blah. None of this applies to Gwen and her making an idol out of worldly possessions and her hair. Or junk food. Gwen looooves junk food. She ads some shaming for those who initially lose weight on her program but then gain it back. It isn't because Gwen gives out shitty advice to starve yourself and subsist off diet soda and junk food, no it is because the person who gains weight back isn't trusting God. 

Make sure that your soul longs for God and not for your past and secret loves. Do you remember all the loving concern and attention that you used to give to food? Can you recall how your heart used to long for all those foods that were forbidden on your latest diet? Do you remember how your heart and flesh seemed to cry out to be healthy and to be rid of the excess weight? Now, give ALL of this to God. Give your attention and concern to God and to His kingdom and His children. Let Him be the One you truly love, and let your soul long for His approval. Respond as your heart and flesh cry out for His perfect guidance and for the contentment that comes from obedience. The Lord’s dwelling place has so much more to offer than the pantry!

If you trust God to guide you and feed you, you naturally will not focus on the food at all. A person could “believe” that God will provide, but to TRUST Him fully means that you are happy with the amount of food He gives you. In fact, you cannot get over the fact that He lets you eat sweet and salty foods every day. He could have made everything tasteless! You trust that this amount of food is the best for your heart, soul, and body, even if the amount is a lot smaller than you would have chosen for yourself. The person who does NOT fully trust God to provide, however, will feel obligated to focus on food and yearn for it all throughout the day. The next thing you know, he is unsure about weight loss and is back on the scales; he grows uneasy about eating regular foods, and he is back to counting fat grams and calories. This lack of trust in God’s total reign could send you back down a path of slavery of self-employment or being your own god. Yuck! If that happens, you will find that you have totally lost your focus, and like Peter in Matthew 14:30-31, you are sinking in the water. Follow Peter’s example – cry out to Jesus to save you. Your sinking and His saving are part of the process that Jesus will allow as He trains you in obedience. May your flesh cry out for the living God and not for the food.

The thing is, most people gain the weight back after dieting. It’s in all The stats on the subject. What’s beyond crazy is that when a mainstream person gains the weight back, they feel like shit. Like they failed. But just imagine how a person must feel in the cult! Not only will you have the normal feelings of being a failure, but you also sinned! Gaining weight but be a real mind fuck in RF.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived